Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,574 members, 7,801,639 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) - Phones (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) (79787 Views)

My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 / HOT! New Method To Get Unlimited Calls On Mtn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 10:35am On Feb 07, 2016
dominique:
I've already ordered for this phone but I'll still be needing more info. I've never used a device like this before, is it compulsory that I root it? Are both Sims 3G enabled? I normally switch my browsing between sim 1 and 2 but certain devices does not enable WCDMA on sim 2, hope Gionee is not of them o.

U don't need to root. Both Sims are 3G enabled.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 11:35am On Feb 07, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Eco mode is just like greenify app. Click on it and activate whitelist. Then add the apps you always use in whitelist so that when you are using normal mode in power option, the apps won't close. Note that other apps not added to whitelist will close on background. It's also used to save battery by reducing the numbers of running apps.
wow...interesting.i don activate am sharply. This phone is just too efficient.thanks a lot. ehen,whc powerbank do u recommend,at least 10000 mah.I was told of bmw,its 12000 mah and sold for 4k,but i dey fear abeg,i no want wetin go kill my battery.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by shedo4sure: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Eco mode is just like greenify app. Click on it and activate whitelist. Then add the apps you always use in whitelist so that when you are using normal mode in power option, the apps won't close. Note that other apps not added to whitelist will close on background. It's also used to save battery by reducing the numbers of running apps.
Exactly....
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 11:49am On Feb 07, 2016
queenfav:
wow...interesting.i don activate am sharply. This phone is just too efficient.thanks a lot. ehen,whc powerbank do u recommend,at least 10000 mah.I was told of bmw,its 12000 mah and sold for 4k,but i dey fear abeg.

I use Surge Powerbank #10000, #3500. It's cool and last well.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 11:54am On Feb 07, 2016
olayinkajnr:

I use Surge Powerbank #10000, #3500. It's cool and last well.
how many times does it charge d p5w,and many hrs does d powerbank itself charge when it's exhausted.Some 13000 mah pb can only charge a 2000 mah battery thrice, i dont want that type.a good powerbank shud be able to charge this fone 4 times.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by saleem95(m): 12:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
olatunji21:

U need not download ifont self..From Gionee font style, u should have just scanned...
Check this out

did u root ur phone if not how did u tweak the status bar?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 12:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
queenfav:
how many times does it charge d p5w,and many hrs does d powerbank itself charge when it's exhausted.Some 13000 mah pb can only charge a 2000 mah battery thrice, i dont want that type.a good powerbank shud be able to charge this fone 4 times.

Well, I can't say how many times it charges the P5W but I've used the pb to charge my p5w for 4 days before it gets low. And during period, there was no stable electricity.

When it eventually got low, I used a 2A playbook charger to charge the pb from 0-100% for 8hours.

It charges my phone more than 4 times though
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by dominique(f): 12:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
queenfav:
u don't hv to root it.The phone has fonts and a good battery saver,wetin again?@olatunjijnr and shedo4sure,pls what is the use if that eco mode, is it to save data or battery?

olayinkajnr:

U don't need to root. Both Sims are 3G enabled.

Music to my ears. I should have ordered for this instead of waiting on the M5mini. I'll be posting my own personal review about a week after using it.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
saleem95:

did u root ur phone if not how did u tweak the status bar?
No i didn't... It came preinstalled...I just activated it to show..
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Ihinmi(m): 8:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
queenfav:
slots ekiti doesn't sell gionee phones.Go to world class at old garage or our phones in fayose market. I only checked slots,was too busy to go to fayose mkt.
please where did u get ur own and how much.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by spcoded: 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2016
A Complete Package of GIONEE P5w black with two back cover (2weeks old) for sale. Location :abule egba, lagos. Nos :08029277007, price 17k (final).

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Nope, I use the Tempered glass alone
what are the advantages of tempered glass over the screenguard we use to know??
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 10:27pm On Feb 10, 2016
queenfav:
Unboxing pics..
how many covers did u get, what colours?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
NONNYG:
Go to Emeka Ofor plaza, Baron Communication,,,, Tell the woman that Nonso directed u

how much is it sold currently bro?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Feb 10, 2016
starbuck:

Please which floor is shop situated to avoid being mistaken and at what price.

did u finally buy? How much?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
olayinkajnr:

Yeah, it doesn't.

do the colours come a random? Or u make ur choice of colours? I mean the extra covers.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 6:44am On Feb 11, 2016
engrkenny:

do the colours come a random? Or u make ur choice of colours? I mean the extra covers.

YOU Can't open the box before choosing a colour. The colour that comes with each box is written. So, u choose
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 6:45am On Feb 11, 2016
engrkenny:

what are the advantages of tempered glass over the screenguard we use to know??

When you phone falls on a very hard surface, the Tempered glass takes the screen damages. Instead of affecting the main screen or touch, the Tempered glass is affected rather.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 8:09am On Feb 11, 2016
engrkenny:

how many covers did u get, what colours?
i ordered for black,i got blue and gold as extra cases.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 8:14am On Feb 11, 2016
Ihinmi:

please where did u get ur own and how much.
i ordered from konga,i paid 20900 for it and delivery.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 11, 2016
olayinkajnr:

When you phone falls on a very hard surface, the Tempered glass takes the screen damages. Instead of affecting the main screen or touch, the Tempered glass is affected rather.
boss where did you get the tempered glass @500 in IB . I've had the phone for few days and I can say that it's surprisingly awesome. sleek die! you can help me drop your contact share. thanks!
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by olayinkajnr(m): 8:41am On Feb 11, 2016
FredBloggs:
boss where did you get the tempered glass @500 in IB . I've had the phone for few days and I can say that it's surprisingly awesome. sleek die! you can help me drop your contact share. thanks!

Zaria, Kaduna State
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by starbuck(f): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2016
engrkenny:

did u finally buy? How much?

They sold it at the rate of 24k,thou I just bought m3mini at 20k
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 11, 2016
starbuck:

They sold it at the rate of 24k,thou I just bought m3mini at 20k

Ok, How'z ur m3 mini? performance and all??
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Ihinmi(m): 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
queenfav:
i ordered from konga,i paid 20900 for it and delivery.
please are u in Ado, if yes can u help me order for this phone and i will come and collect because i just waste 1000+ in ado without getting this phone. Am staying in Emure. And konga is asking me 4 25k.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
olayinkajnr:

queenfav:
i ordered for black,i got blue and gold as extra cases.

Guys help out o, the p5w I ordered just arrived. The base buttons (as in where u have home, return and minimize) does not light up, as in no backlight in them. Is this normal?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
queenfav:
The good and bad..So far,i hv noticed slight hassles.First of all i had to uninstall touch pal because of the annoying voice prompt of the lady as you type.The google keyboard is better.Also bbm keeps closing in d background whc can make ping notifications delay or not show up,but whatsapp runs perfectly.Once the bbm connected sign is on d notification center,u can get notifications.I feel the phone closes it to conserve battery and ram.Also, while downloading with uc browser and u minimize it,it closes. That automatically pauses the download. The way around that is to keep d ucbrowser app open till the download is over.Asides these issues whc i can live with,i still see it as perfect for me.Gionee did a good job here.The note,calendar app,music,system manager (whc houses a battery saver,data manager,ram cleaner,application manager and others are all very efficient.That disposes of the need to download battery doctor and clean master. The call and message app has d ability to block calls and messages from persons you want to blacklist.The music player is awesome,has a nice ui.It sounds great and has very good speaker output.The gionee earpiece isnt so good,maybe because i am an audiophile.Its decent for an average music lover,but i prefer in ear headsets,u know the good stuff like havit,beats and skull candy. The bass wasn't as good as it could have been considering the DTS audio the phone has.I used my Samsung in ear galaxy s4 earpiece and it was very nice.The Music output became much more clearer,with good bass.The camera is ok,but not so spectacular.You get the best result when you take the pics outdoor,or with flash in a dim environment..The phone launcher is perfect,if you know how to customize it.Overall,the phone is a good buy and i would buy it all over again without hesitation.

Modified:i updated my my bbm app to the current version,it solved d notification issues.I can now receive pings even when the bbm app isnt running in d notification center.I was using a version released early last year,that's y i had those issues.@olayinkajnr and shedo4sure, i am currently using the power saving mode.It conserves battery better than the normal mode.

Dearie, I need details of how to customize this launcher don't stuff, my display is still very untidy to me.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by faray: 10:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
FredBloggs:
pls where did u get d phone in Ib & d price?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by busar(m): 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
engrkenny:

Guys help out o, the p5w I ordered just arrived. The base buttons (as in where u have home, return and minimize) does not light up, as in no backlight in them. Is this normal?
yes, it is
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
busar:
yes, it is

Thanks man, pls how do I set up the launcher/home screen to get my menu button, arrange my apps, limit the apps that shows on home screen and all?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 1:07am On Feb 12, 2016
engrkenny:

its normal..what i do is to place my thumb on d one i want when it's dark,so i don't miss it.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by queenfav(f): 1:13am On Feb 12, 2016
Ihinmi:

please are u in Ado, if yes can u help me order for this phone and i will come and collect because i just waste 1000+ in ado without getting this phone. Am staying in Emure. And konga is asking me 4 25k.
my schedule is very unpredictable thats y i paid online so our secretary could have taken delivery of it for me, even though i wasnt around.d 25k isnt a bad deal to emure cos d fone is now 23-24 k in town.Contact augster,maybe he can help u gt a discount of shipping fees.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.