Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,808 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Who Is The Best Senate President? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is The Best Senate President? (3892 Views)

Poll: Who Is The Best?

Evans Enwerem: 1% (1 vote)
Chuba Okadigbo: 17% (14 votes)
Anyim: 7% (6 votes)
Wabara: 2% (2 votes)
Nnamani: 58% (46 votes)
David Mark: 12% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

Saraki: ‘you Have No Power To Summon Justice Umar’, SERAP Tells Senate / NASS Planning Immunity Laws For Senate President, Speaker, CJN / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Best Senate President? by ayoola22: 7:19am On Jun 09, 2009
From 1999 to date we have had a few senate president

Evans Enwerem, Okadigbo, Anyim, , and .

Who do you think is the best, who contributed the most to the development of Nigeria?

I will say Nnamani for the failure of the third term though Chuba Okadigbo was the most entertaining.

What do you think?
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 09, 2009
I'll also go with Nnamani, given the way he handled the Third term debacle. He was very professional, he was able to effectively moderate the Senate at that trying period. We all know who Obj was, a man who was ready to do anything by force, by power of coercion. How Ken managed the debacle surprised me. When the likes of Mantu and other Senate leadership openly supported Obj, Ken refused to be coerced. And on the final day the bid was thrown to the gutters, he made a landmark declaration.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by vanderjo(m): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2009
i go with Ken Nnanamani.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by ayodot(m): 11:40am On Jun 09, 2009
ken nnamani I would say, because if stood 4 what is right.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by kayc33(m): 11:51am On Jun 09, 2009
Ken Nnamani, even the lay man on the streets know that
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by mayrho(m): 11:55am On Jun 09, 2009
Its not as if they are not all thieves  but, as per thrashing the third term bid I think I'd go with nnamani too
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by ILOCHUDI(m): 11:57am On Jun 09, 2009
Yeah KEN NNAMANI. CHUBA was rly interesting though but not the d best for me.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by dammiecool(m): 12:10pm On Jun 09, 2009
ken cool
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by walata44(m): 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2009
Ken, all the way
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by nnaemmy(m): 12:51pm On Jun 09, 2009
Na BIG KEN
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by ohaechesi(m): 12:58pm On Jun 09, 2009
na waooo. you mean after all i did for your guys, i could not get a single vote, who are mine MR. NOBODY. that's what i think, i stand not to be corrected.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by dedeike: 1:12pm On Jun 09, 2009
ken has my vote though i have reservations over how he handled the electoral act 2006.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by DRANOEL(m): 1:18pm On Jun 09, 2009
from 1999 i go with ken nnamani- he gave obj a good run for his money

overall i go with iyorchia ayu- he stood for june 12 even when he was promised to head the ING govt
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by gessense(m): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2009
AYIM PIUS AYIM seems cute to me. He had less oppositions during his tenure.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 09, 2009
ohaechesi:

na waooo. you mean after all i did for your guys, i could not get a single vote, who are mine MR. NOBODY. that's what i think, i stand not to be corrected.

My broda,
Thank you jare.
Debating over a bunch of mediocres.Ken that everybody is hailing for his third term opposition also had his own political agenda.The electoral reform bill never got off the ground.What exactly did he do?
None of them did ANYTHING whatsoever for this debate to hold ground.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by Nezan(m): 2:44pm On Jun 09, 2009
No body is a saint, but Sen. Ken Nnamani stands out from that list. The other choices are Sen. Okadigbo and Sen. Anyim.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by alex406(m): 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2009
Will go for Okadigbo!
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by kwaghe: 3:42pm On Jun 09, 2009
There is no question about it. Nnamani is by far the best senate president that Nigeria ever had, not just in the last decade.
He is today unarguably, the most respected southern politician in this country, a good candidate for Igbo's first presidency.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by WarfyBoy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 09, 2009
Ken
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by ud4u: 4:19pm On Jun 09, 2009
Ken Baba
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by DisGuy: 4:22pm On Jun 09, 2009
see marginalisation . . . . grin

with all these people they couldnt even fix our 'international' airstrips
  shocked
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by ohaechesi(m): 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2009
Eastbay:

My broda,
Thank you jare.
Debating over a bunch of mediocres.Ken that everybody is hailing for his third term opposition also had his own political agenda.The electoral reform bill never got off the ground.What exactly did he do?
None of them did ANYTHING whatsoever for this debate to hold ground.

good talk bro, this debate holds no ground as long as Nigerian politics exists. its all about the more you look, the less you see. I'm a patriotic Nigerian, therefore i have this penchant standing by the truth
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jun 09, 2009
Nnamani stands out for writing his name in gold even though he knew it meant political suicide, he chose to do ight
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by obiem(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2009
Kenechukwu Ugwu Nnamani clearly stands out

Late Chuba Okadigbo is worthy of mention though, God bless his soul!
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by dustydee: 5:35pm On Jun 09, 2009
Ken Nnamani to me was a very good leader, an example of what a leader should be less his shortcomings/mistakes.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by shanpe: 5:40pm On Jun 09, 2009
Ken is the guy,
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by kshow1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2009
we never had a senate president , they are all political stewards.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by dean2725: 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2009
Nobody they are just bunch of hypocrates
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by annyplenty(m): 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2009
dean2725:

Nobody they are just bunch of hypocrates

exception to KEN NNAMANI.

the man openly said that in the last elections, no presidential election took place in his ward and that the election of Yar'Adua was not free and fair and People Defrauding Party suspended him for that. he also thwarted the third term ambition of OBJ. he said he would never seek re-election and followed his words.
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by KnowAll(m): 6:29pm On Jun 09, 2009

Ken been the senate president, should be given thumbs up, however the contribution of all other senators that help in defeating OBJ's 3rd term proposal should not be discounted, they should also get credit at least a tree cannot make a forest. If it were only ken and 106 out of 107 senators support OBJ where does that leave Ken. undecided
Re: Who Is The Best Senate President? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 09, 2009
@Knowall,
Of course, all the anti-third term warriors deserve credit. It's just that the issue here is Senate presidency only

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chinese Firm To Construct Road In Osun. / Asari Dokubo Press Release: Rivers State:when Will The Truth Be Told. / LAGOS STATE Needs Liberation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.