Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,463 members, 7,801,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School (18570 Views)

My School Declared Me Wanted On 10th December. / Lawyers Advise Parents To Sue Covenant University For Suspension Of 200 Students / How Can I Report WAEC Exam Malpractice Happening In My School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Danny2701: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hello everyone am a final year student of an higher institution in Nigeria, On the day am defending my project i got a letter from my HOD that i have been expelled from the school for using fake credentials, i was bothered and went home straight to noticed the fake credentials i used, to my surprise i noticed that the WAEC result I submitted has an error, a number was mistaken, 4instead of 3.
That is where it all started, i was told to write a letter of appeal for re verification in which i did severally but no response, i went further to see my school registrar and explain the looks of things to him, i begged him to help me and he agreed. He called the man in charge and he said i was rude to the team that verified my result (team that i have never set my eyes on) he agreed with the registrar to solve the issue and the registrar told me i can go everything is going to be alright. After waiting for weeks no response i proceed to the registrar again to know what is wrong and He start with stories.
The main reason why i want to sue my school is this.
The man that printed my waec o level result for me has a shop and operates in side the school environment. It actually happens the of clearance when the man that supposed to clear me told me i can not submit my secondary school notification of result, that i need to bring an online print out. Due to the fact that am working and i need to go back to that work I dropped my notification of result slip with the man to help me ready my result so i can come for my clearance the next day, this guy went ahead to edit a template to print my result in which all the grades are correct but instead of 39 he mistaken it for 49 i never noticed this until i got the letter.
The guy that printed this result later flee due to the fact that he swindle some students and the school never find him till date or do anything about it.

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.
2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.
3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by confidant: 5:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Revamping our educational system. It's a must for this generation. Appalling sentence construction.. which way naija.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by dominique(f): 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
You may involve a lawyer in your appeal but but don't sue your school for damages. It may cost you your future. Continue appealing the case

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by looseweight: 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
In the first instance, you are @ fault for being ignorance of this fact before it boomeranged...

I will advice you not to take a legal action without trying all your possible best.

I believe that you should be close to a lecturer, try and discuss this with him/her if he can help..

Apart from academic staffs, connect with a familiar non academic staff that knows someone who knows someone that can lead you to someone who knows the registrar..

Best of luck.

IAMLOOSEWEIGHT

11 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by veekid(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Go ahead
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by kingstylo01(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
too bad bro..

by the way, which of the schools do you want to sue, secondary or tertiary?

before you file a case, get your facts straight and also strong backing... do you have a good lawyer?

many things to consider bro, many things!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by bunmioguns(m): 6:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
undecided
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
Bros...I have an issue against you, and I don't even know the right court to institute an action against your gross homicide of the lingua Franca through absolute disregard for punctuation marks..No wonder the school is reluctant to accept you back as a student..

Brother... Suing a school is not that easy.Unless you have a very good case of them breaching the rule of natural justice ,you might not be able to succeed in your action against them... Get a good lawyer to advise you Sir!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by amunkita(m): 6:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
The guy that sued his school graduated(got his Bsc cert) almost after twenty years the instituted the suit.

Try settling with them amicably but if that did not work, u can go Ahead.

All d Best..
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by IamTheophilus(m): 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
typical nigeria university.have you heard of the word ' prayer ' before, coz this is an END TIME issue.grin

3 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dont think you should sue it will only make matters worse especially if you dont win ... And have you got a lawyer and funds to carry this out.

If not all you can do is appeal .
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by felixdanielthed(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by louiskay(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
get a lawyer to speak to ur school registrar ... don't talk to him or go alone again...
the lawyer surely knows what to do.... they will surely reinstate u back if a good lawyer is involved....
#paix

6 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Feranchek(m): 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Oboy!
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by yungkc(m): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hmmm dats unfair.....

2 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by DEXTROVERT: 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Brother, I pray God intervene, nothing solve this pass prayer, let's join Him in prayer.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Skymiyke(f): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
No offence,u need to work on ur english!Ur story is poorly written!

3 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Tic4tac(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
I pity u . kip appealing joor ...with a lawyer tho
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by MsGlobalwonder(f): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
confidant:
Revamping our educational system. It's a must for this generation. Appalling sentence construction.. which way naija.
as in... *sigh thought it was only me. Oh Lord! angry. With this grammar of yours, I think the school is doing you a great service. Please start with "brighter grammar" afterwards. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by successralu(m): 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
Get a lawyer and visit your registrar again.he'll surly listen
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by scribble: 6:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
Skymiyke:

Gerrarrahia

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by louiskay(m): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Skymiyke:

madam... it seems u are not a student or, was not once a student.......cause u seem not to comprehend the plight of this grieving young Man....
#penser bien

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Gboliwe: 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
You want to sue your school for your own carelessness? Are you seriously for real? Instead of you to keep begging and ask for a way out, you are thinking of suing. Oya, sue and give us update too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Gracito(f): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nawao.. undecided
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Sheikwonder(m): 6:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
O.P: First,your 'English' na wa... I'm almost inclined to ask where you studied.

Second:Anyone who is advising you to sue does not have your best interests at heart. Because if you sue,it is a lose-lose situation for you.

How?

You see,the fault lies squarely with you.It was your duty to present the right documents as stipulated by the school.When given your admission letter it is often stated there that in any event that you supply wrong data or a forgery,that the school reserves the right to deal with you accordingly which usually means expulsion.So on this ground,you lose.

If somehow you get a lawyer who takes up your case in court,be assured that your case WILL drag for years such that you will waste years over graduating with a 2:2[judging by your English].If perchance you get your degree via court injunction,considering the time taken to acquire it,it would seem futile. So you lose,again.

Get your HOD & your folks to plead for you and humbly accept your fault.
If you sue,they'll turn you to suya...

9 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by belamour(m): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
We need know the name of your Institution
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by ojun50(m): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
End time lecturers any way get a lawyer befor any tin
Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Tobilastik(m): 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
with this ur English sef, I no know wetin I go tell you

BTW

Android too dey do over sabi jare....I wanted to send "nice pics" but my phone auto spell checker changed it to "nice pigs"...because the babe is fat she just blocked me without waiting for explanations... Shey na my fault?

*shed tears*

3 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
you may also need to sue your primary school too, specifically your English teacher.

2 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by JomaxGlobal: 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Danny2701:

That is where am going.
1. Why will the school approve a shop for someone without the person having a reliable source or referee that can find this guy.

The shop owner is not an agent of the school and the school is therefore not liable for your loss. You were negligent in processing your printout and you can be arrested and charged for forgery including conspiracy to commit forgery

2. Why won't the school reinstate me even when i was ask to produce my waec original in which i did and they crossed check to see that am not lying.

Having presented a forged result in the first instance, any school will and should treat any other document emanating from you with caution. If this school is a public school, they have tens of thousands of students to deal with and you cannot be tendering false documents and wasting the time of the verification team.

3. Why will they wait till i finish my academics before issuing out a letter of expulsion to me after i paid all my necessary dues. (That fraudulent)

The school is at liberty to verify your credentials at any time. In fact, they can verify it many years after you have graduated and withdraw your certificate if there are any issues.

Your best option lies in appealing to the school authorities to take another look at your case and threatening a lawsuit will not help you, neither will going there with a lawyer make much of a difference. Instead, Go with a responsible member of your faculty and start the appeal from here.

Please i want you guys to advise me on this. Thank you

6 Likes

Re: PLEASE ADVISE: I Want To Sue My School by Coolcash1: 6:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Honestly, I will advice you still engage your registrar more on this. Consider the implications of the litigation to your future. Go and meet your registrar and discuss with him like father and son. You may even buy him something when going. Because it's something within his power to correct as the chief admin officer of the school.

Good luck bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Suspends UNN Chairman Of Governing Council / Imo, Oyo, Osun Top JAMB Candidates List / Chinelo Okafor, UNN Best Graduating Student (Faculty Of Health Science)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.