Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. (15513 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. / How Infidelity Landed Some Nigerian Men And Women In Hospitals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by bennyrazz: 2:56pm On Dec 23, 2015
bukatyne:

What are the foreign wives doing right?
not all foreign wives are doing it right, not all Nigerian wives are doing it right. The proportions are just different and it as alot to do with family background, ideals, beliefs. So looking at it from the inner value, the first point is marry your bone of your bone, marry your better half. People need to spend time preparing for marriage rather than wedding

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by EfemenaXY: 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2015
Mindfulness:

I see you as one of the most admirable women I have ever met and I consider you sharper than a Samurai sword. cool
I read this piece of advice you gave someone here https://www.nairaland.com/2789389/dear-family-advice-urgently-needed/1#40962119 and I couldn't find the right words to pay you a compliment that could accurately express how beautiful you are. wink

Why, Mindfulness - you flatter me. smiley smiley

Now, I'm at a loss for words too. Thank you for the compliments (still blushing) - was only doing my bit to help a sister out. smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Nobody: 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Why, Mindfulness - you flatter me. smiley smiley

Now, I'm at a loss for words too. Thank you for the compliments (still blushing) - was only doing my bit to help a sister out. smiley smiley

Now let's celebrate Christmas. smiley cheesy grin cool It is supposed to be fun. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Stillfire: 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
When two different cultures come together there have to be certain compromises to be made in order for the relationship to work. The Nigerian men make these compromises by being invested in the home-front as cooks and cleaners. Most times these relationships are situated in the foreign wife's country which is bounded by different familial rules. Certain things would be excused in the foreign wife because she is not born into the husband's culture. I see the same dynamic play in inter tribal relationships as well. This is not to say the foreign wife does not make compromises as well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Stillfire: 4:12pm On Dec 23, 2015
Also this is not an article that measures the rate at which Nigerian men marry since we all know the black man's got no preference on average, but the change of attitude in Nigerian men between different types of women.
Everyone knows that the black man in general is everyone's property. He has no preference in particular when it comes to women. Nigerian men have been marrying oyibo since the 60s. grin Heck I have family members thrice older than I am who are mixed race. Were my 'saintly' grandmothers not good enough for my grandfathers then? Rotflmao. The black male libido is beyond the roof. Black women just need to accept it. It's got nothing to do with you. Whether you are good or bad, the black male is destined to repopulate the earth...to put it lightly grin cheesy

Case in point
https://www.nairaland.com/2818951/husband-went-back-nigeria-last

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobody owns these men.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by ronald4lif(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2015
bukatyne:

@Bold;

I thought that was the standard behavior going through posts on NL.

@Bold,

Where do you think Nigerian women are missing it?

Nigerian women overly panders to gossips and inordinately petrified with the idea of living a single life. This has hightened their fears and has caused unnecessary panick among them thus they'd do anything to bear Mrs and would swallow whatever get ditched their way by their partner. The Nigerian woman must realise that they don't need men to live a fulfilled life and must cease from pandering to societal prejudice.

This is not to undermine the importance of companionship but it mustn't be a conduit for sorrow, misery and unwarranted abuse.

And do you think this really resonates with the society? Look for example at the advices given to women in troubled marriages. What is the solution?

I'm more inclined to think the society bears a higher chunk of the blame than women. I think women are just victims of societal irrational gender discrimination and male chauvinism. Nonetheless they have a share of the blame too as they shouldn't let the society define them and what they stand for.

The advice given to women in troubled marriages is laughable and an utter disgrace to say the least. Top of the insanity is the appeal for them to pray and plead with their husband regardless of what he may have done. Arrant codswallop.

I've a relation who got wedded not too long ago and it turns out that her hubby started abusing her verbally and consistently hound her with the trauma that he doesn't give a damn about marriage and can quit it without any recourse to her feelings or what people would say.

His infantile emotional threats must have borne out from the Nigerian alpha male notion that a woman would never entertain the thought of a divorce and would do everything to 'please' the hubby. It was a calculated attempt to manipulate her emotions and make her succumb to all his biddings.

While this was ongoing she on her part shielded the whole heist from everyone in a bid to see if things will get better. And prolly what people might say even as she didn't want to leave her home coz of what my mum would say and didn't want to hurt the poor woman.

As fate would have it, I was having a chat with her and she revealed to me what has been going on. I became really angry and told my brothers about it, and we immediately told her to pack all her personal effects and leave the house instantly. Had to tell a cousin and one family friend to go assist her as they reside in the states and to forestall any further abuse.

Long story cut short, the hubby on returning home never met the wife. It dawned on him he wasn't dealing with the average Nigerian in-laws and had to start apologising making all kinds of attempt to make amends. At the end his family had to travel down to Nigeria to sort things out with my mum to pacify the situation. And since then no more of such emotional blackmail as their home has improved.

I'd like to add that while this was happening my mum's only concern was the shame and embarrassment this would cause her and what people in the village would say. As the typical Nigerian mother she didn't spare a thought to the well-being of her daughter and if she's happy in her marriage but rather what inconsequential people will say. Laughable isn't it?

What this means is that if not for the kind of brothers she had and people who normally don't bow to societal prejudice we'd have adviced her to stay put in her marriage and 'obey' her husband. I tell you it's crazy out there what women go through in the name of marriage. It's sickening.

Modified:

What does the OP even mean by 'treating better?

I would have to read through again to give an informed opinion on what she meant. A bit occupied atm and would tag you if I have anything to add. Cheers.

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Lalaity: 5:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Sagamite:

I don't think it has anything to do with Caucasian women getting anything right.

I think it just has to do with the Nigerian men knowing that that is not the expectations/traditions of the non-Nigerian women and adapting to these and not having typical expectations themselves that they would have with a Nigerian woman.

That said, considering the antecedent of Nigerian women and the experiences of these guys with them, I suspect many Nigerian men would think a Nigerian woman would abuse the privilege of reception of similar behaviours given to non-Nigerian women. We already see how they feel they need to drag a man on the floor for wooing them, abuse of power you will hardly ever see with white women.

Personally, despite being a strong advocate of encouraging Nigerian men to date non-Nigerian women, I can confidently say I NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER treat non-Nigerian women I date differently from Nigerian women I date.

I treat them all the same as I am not one of those people that do senseless culture, traditions or whatever.

I do things like I personally feel and which I find sensible. I understand what I want and like and don't need the approval of society (who are mainly fcktards) to validate what I want.

Whether you are white or black, I will never be caught dead having a schedule or roster of sharing housework.

Not in this life or the next!

I prefer a woman to do it but it is not by force, if you don't want to, then leave it. I wouldn't disturb you.

I do my housework ad hoc-ly, when I am in the mood. My house is never that of a neat freak and I am happy with it.

I let any woman I date have her own rights to do whatever she wants to do. I only play an advisory role, if she does not want to listen, that is her business. It is her life.

I am not romantic! I will never be romantic. That is not my calling in this life or the next. You will never see me buying roses or putting up red candles.

Any girl, black or white, that does not like it is free to find a man that is romantic.

Also, I would never marry a girl, black or white, who family (including extended) does not matter to. She must see family, as far as second cousins, as important.

The force is strong with this one

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Sh0llypopz: 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
Shymm3x:

i). How come Nigerian men tend to be happier in relationships with other black women compared to Nigerian women?
ii). Why are Nigerian men always eager to date/marry black women of other nationalities, in lieu of Nigerian women – whereas black men of other nationalities seldom date/marry Nigerian women?

Again you have managed to shift the blame to black women. It's strange, how black men who claim to be leaders blame black women for everything going wrong in their community. It's so fvcking weird that a supposed leader/head doesn't understand that black women have it worse because not only do we have to deal with racism, we also have to deal with sexism.

I am not saying black women cant suffer from self hate but every time there is a thread highlighting the self-hate of a black man, you all somehow make it the black woman's fault. Who are you leading? What leader doesn't take responsibility for the failings of his community and his inability to protect his women.

As far as the bleach comment is concerned, black men play a huge role in that and you know it. Black men consider dating Beckys a "come-up." How many Yoruba songs are there about "Omo pupa", how many American songs are there about 'Red boned' chics? Look at hip-hop, look at the skin of the women that are glorified?
Nigerian artists especially, think they have made it when they start having white women and bi-racials in their videos.

I don't expect an honest reply when it comes to black men issues because you all are the kings of deflecting.

I can't even answer your questions because there are not stat to prove either claims. I would be glad if you could provide me a link to where the ridiculous assertions originate from.

How can someone be a Nerfititi-wannabe? What does it even mean to be Nerfititi? Anyway, happy holidays to you too!

Thanks, I would totally check out the link. You all are really serious about this huh? I might even invite you to join my campaign when I run for office in Ekiti state. cool tongue

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by ronald4lif(m): 8:59pm On Dec 23, 2015
daretodiffer:

sad sad sad

You do not treat second generation Africans the same way you treat westerners. You treat them like you would treat your average African woman. And call them names because they don't behave African enough. Don't you think you are being unfair to them?

I admitted that I feel rued in my opening remark and I do think it's unfair. You may want to refer to my initial comment for confirmation.

Be that as it may, I think I'm a slave to my African acculturation and some environmental factors influences such behaviour. I also want to point out that in light of this eye popping and inspiring article I may change even though it's a onerous task I must say.

But una too dey stubborn so make una change too o mbok. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
ronald4lif:

I admitted that I feel rued in my opening remark and I do think it's unfair. You may want to refer to my initial comment for confirmation.

Be that as it may, I think I'm a slave to my African acculturation and some environmental factors influences such behaviour. I also want to point out that in light of this eye popping and inspiring article I may change even though it's a onerous task I must say.

But una too dey stubborn so make una change too o mbok. grin

Wetin be my own nasad

I am a Nigerian womansad
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by raumdeuter: 9:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
I would love to hear from Nigerian women who are dating foreigners

I used to know one girl on NL who had a white BF.

She said while they were dating she was the one working and the guy was just chilling at home and they split her income which she didnt like from the beginning

Where the relationship went South was when her younger sister finished school and came to live with her, The white BF was pissed that her younger sister was taking up their space and money

She said after that experience she can never date a non Nigerian again because there are some thing and benefits you get away with a Nigerian that you don't with a white guy
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
Sh0llypopz:
@Vivalavida99, self-hate also plays a part. BTW, I don't think the number of Nigerian men married to white women is noteworthy. A lot of Nigerian men in diaspora still keep it African because they know only African women will tolerate their rubbish.

[b]Tag:Enlightenedsoul

I feel ill-equipped for this thread. As far as Nigerian men are concerned, I only have one to reference from a previous work experience. He was a devout, practicing Christian, and as far as I knew, a good and decent person who was kind to a fault and very well-liked by everyone. He actually gave me a Bible once - which I'll admit is currently gathering dust in a storage unit somewhere - and I know for a fact he wanted an African wife, because he said as much. He would say stuff like, "God will lead her to me".

And if you're not baffled yet, he was also a tall, handsome, coffee-complexioned fellow with not one but two first names in two different languages (this was perplexing af to me at the time, but I've learned on here that it's common practice among Nigerians). He was an enigma in that place. I remember, some time ago, someone tagged foreigners on here, myself included, to comment on their impression of Nigerian men, and I literally had no idea WTF to say considering the impression I often get on here (I realize this is the internet, so it's not a fair representation in the least), and that one real-life exemplary impression from my past. Sometimes, I wonder if he's on here just to say what's up, but I somehow doubt it.

Perhaps, if this discussion were to be extended to African men in general, I might have a few things to say + some observations you might be interested in, but then again, considering I grew up in a practically all-white town and having dated all of two African men to date, only one of which being from my ethnic background and the other being my current, maybe not. Therefore, I feel I should declare a moratorium on myself regarding this conversation.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by A40(m): 12:34am On Dec 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

She said while they were dating she was the one working and the guy was just chilling at home and they split her income which she didnt like from the beginning

Where the relationship went South was when her younger sister finished school and came to live with her, The white BF was pissed that her younger sister was taking up their space and money

She said after that experience she can never date a non Nigerian again because there are some thing and benefits you get away with a Nigerian that you don't with a white guy
Osanobua ee! That guy's deek game must be peng and very vicious for Naija girl to be the one doing all the providing while the oyibo ninja sat back doing nothing
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Tolatutu: 1:01am On Dec 24, 2015
It's simple, many Nigerian women don't know their worth and will take any crap just to be Mrs. In this life you only get what you demand for. Nigerian women have been brain washed to think being a good wife and mother means you must have suffered. Someone asked the other day why when they talk of sweet mother in Nigeria the picture will feature a worn out woman with load on her head, baby on her back while she's holding another toddler and the man will be walking behind her carrying nothing undecided and yet women have been taught that a woman who bears all the domestic burden and now equal financial burden is the epitome of a good wife. Whereas for a white person the picture of a good wife will feature the woman holding a glass of wine , looking carefree while her husband rubs her feet grin

When Nigerian women learn that suffering does not make you a good wife rather a silly wife they will learn to demand more from the men.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Shymm3x: 1:15am On Dec 24, 2015
Sh0llypopz:

Again you have managed to shift the blame to black women. It's strange, how black men who claim to be leaders blame black women for everything going wrong in their community. It's so fvcking weird that a supposed leader/head doesn't understand that black women have it worse because not only do we have to deal with racism, we also have to deal with sexism.

I am not saying black women cant suffer from self hate but every time there is a thread highlighting the self-hate of a black man, you all somehow make it the black woman's fault. Who are you leading? What leader doesn't take responsibility for the failings of his community and his inability to protect his women.

As far as the bleach comment is concerned, black men play a huge role in that and you know it. Black men consider dating Beckys a "come-up." How many Yoruba songs are there about "Omo pupa", how many American songs are there about 'Red boned' chics? Look at hip-hop, look at the skin of the women that are glorified?
Nigerian artists especially, think they have made it when they start having white women and bi-racials in their videos.

I don't expect an honest reply when it comes to black men issues because you all are the kings of deflecting.

I can't even answer your questions because there are not stat to prove either claims. I would be glad if you could provide me a link to where the ridiculous assertions originate from.

How can someone be a Nerfititi-wannabe? What does it even mean to be Nerfititi? Anyway, happy holidays to you too!

Thanks, I would totally check out the link. You all are really serious about this huh? I might even invite you to join my campaign when I run for office in Ekiti state. cool tongue

1). How did I shift the blame to black women? My argument is about people taking responsibilities for their own actions and acknowledging the imperfections that make us human. So what’s the correlation between that and shifting blame to black women? If you think it’s worse being a black woman – you definitely need to walk in the shoes of the black man for just one day – to know how difficult it’s to be a black man in this white man’s world. Like the rastafarian old head I cotch with from time to time always say, “I think the problem with black women is that: they act like their pums don’t stink and the black man needs to put them on the altar and worship them”. grin

2). I’m sure you know your use of “can’t” shows you’re not assertive in accepting that black women suffer from self-hate, just as black men do. And rather than accept the obvious, you managed to shift the blame on black men. Are black men responsible for black women’s adoption of straight hair, in lieu their nappy hair, as the standard of beauty? The contemporary black woman is more Eurocentric in looks, appearance, mannerism, thought-process etc. than the average black man. Who’s to blame for that? I bet you would say the black man.

3). I don’t know any black guy who views dating a white chic as a come-up – they’re just anything, albeit less trouble in relationships. Err, there was a time when dark skinned black guys were winning – did that make light skinned black guys start tanning their skin? Now, it’s the season of light skinned black guys – do you see dark skinned black guys bleaching their skin, the same way black women do? The truth is that, most black women lead their lives trying too hard to consciously/subconsciously be like white women in appearance and almost everything. So why blame the black men who opt for the original – the snow bunnies – who’re comfortable in their skin and with less stress?

4). I think the soliloquy the OP posted as the preamble to the thread did state clearly that Nigerian men are also opting for Caribbean and African American women in droves. That’s enough stat for you to answer the honest questions I asked you. I asked you cos most of my uncles are happily married to non-Nigerian women and the few who married Nigerian women have separated from them – save for one. And it’s very common these days to see Nigerian men married to women from the Caribbean and other African countries. So the question is: what’s fundamentally wrong with Nigerian women and why are Nigerian men marrying non-Nigerian black women in droves?

***************************************************************************************

Nefertiti represents the queen of all queens – the powerful and strong black woman – and the mother of the boy king, King Tut. It represents the virtuous and cultured African woman. And I believe she used to be on ya DP. Why move from that to feminism, which is an European concept?

Serious about what? – hysterical. When have black people ever come together to achieve anything great in the modern era? Heck, even the civil rights movement and its achievement wasn’t solely a black achievement. Without the NAACP, which was created by Jews and white folks, MLK would’ve been another Malcolm X. Hence Jews and white women benefited more from the civil right laws than black folks. A cursory look at sub-saharan Africa should tell you that without the white man – black folks can never achieve anything on their own. Due to the enemies within and the treacherous cowards – and that was also the reason why the commonwealth thread on NL was destroyed. The black race is cursed – ask ya homie, Pleep the coon (this is his profile: https://www.nairaland.com/pleep . You can check what ya boy has been up to lately lool). grin

Anyway, the mini-forum isn’t about anything serious. We’re just trying to make it an encyclopedia for Yoruba history/culture/tradition and also a classroom/townhall-meeting to discuss the progress of Yorubaland/Yoruba-diaspora and also share knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Shymm3x: 2:29am On Dec 24, 2015
@Sh0llypopz

Early Christmas present for you, the fiery one. grin tongue

I'm going to post two videos that represent the two parts of my last post.

1). Black man and his snow bunny partner. And she has a message for black women. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF1gBpVWFXE

2). Black man gets emotional about his race (the accursed black people) not sticking together. grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqToaJoZsEo

Enjoy!! grin tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by A40(m): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Even for you, this analogy is one-sided.

The mere fact that they were married for 30 years should in itself portray something about that union. Where marriage is concerned, there is no one size fits all. You don't know whether it was the man's idea or a joint decision that the wife should be at home to look after the kids while he goes out to get the bacon.

There is nothing unusual about that sort of arrangement - an arrangement which has worked well for many couples. Do not underestimate the contribution of a stay-at-home mum or parent. Not everyone is built or even wants to be a high-flying career go-getter. Many couples choose this option because they want well-balanced kids. Kids who'll come home from school to a clean house, hot meals, etc. Or for the younger ones, having a parent waiting for them at the school gates after school to take them home, as opposed to a nanny / househelp. No woman or parent should be berated for making their kids priority over everything else / work.

Life is not that simple anymore. The idea of a partner sitting at home raising the kids is arcane and outdated. A man that does not empower his wife and chooses that approach is simply setting himself up for wahala later on. She has to be engaged no matter how small. Otherwise you will resent her and she will end up resenting you too.

You don't have to be a high flying go getter but when as a woman you need to meet your husband all the time just to buy tampons he would start to see you as a nuisance eventually.

Kids are quite smart these days, with proper spacing you would be suprised to see them literally raise themselves especially girls. The idea of a stay at home partner all through the marriage just isn't it.

EfemenaXY:

Human beings will always want more and will always want to experience the "other" aspect of life which is different to what they currently have / live. And that's no different to what happened in this example you've given. Now let's be realistic. Death / ill-health is no respector of gender. Just as you say anything could have happened to the man, anything could likewise have happened to his wife too. She too could have met her demise early on in life or struck down by ill health. Secondly, prior to the man's business crumbling (due to the economic crises you mention), would he have attained that height without the woman's input - or better still, are you saying the woman looking after the homefront had no contribution to his success?
This is true but its one thing to taste and its another to completely abandon the wife and settle with someone else. Of course some men are insatiable but for a man to wake up and take that decision e get wetin he go don see. Now look at it this way since her ‘input’ is no longer yielding success he has decided to seek someone else whose ‘input’ is now yielding success for him. Let the woman do likewise

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Stillfire: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2015
raumdeuter:

These are Nigerian women on Youtube in interracial marriages. Follow their vlogs and see how we interact with foreigners, you will enjoy it. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-NVvvx7sww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXH_4SWLLec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGmi78tdMxY
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by A40(m): 2:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
Vivalavida99:
Saw this on a friends wall and i feel i should share.

Increasingly, and in greater numbers, Nigerian men are marrying non-Nigerian women. In droves, they are marrying Caribbean nationals,

White-Americans and African-Americans. They are marrying, not for the primarily purpose of acquiring “greencard,” but for other noble
reasons. They marry, not for the curiosity, but because they are bonded and are determined to make a success of the marriage institution;
they are bonded by love and faith and a commitment to one another to live their lives as one in a happy matrimony.

The more I notice this phenomenon, the more I wonder about some Nigerian men. I wonder. Culturally, Nigerian men are overbearing,
controlling, and paternalistic. They relate to their fathers and mothers differently. They believe it is “a man’s world” and so they have the tendency to relegate women to subservient roles.

True, things are changing. True globalization and modernity and westernization are impacting the Nigerian culture. In cities across Nigeria, these changes are noticeable; but over all, the effects of these changes are minimal.

A Nigerian may be well read, well educated and well traveled, in the end though, he will succumb to the weight and influence of the Nigerian culture.

We have a society where anthropological and sociological behaviors are still paramount. For instance, a great many Nigerians still practice
levirate and sororate marriage, and they also engage in polygyny, bridewealth, and matrilocal and patrilocal living arrangements. And in spite of westernization, Nigerians are still not comfortable with public display of affection, i.e. kissing and verbal declaration of love; and neither are they comfortable with open and public discussions of abortion, sex and exotic sex acts.

That Nigerians are not comfortable with such public declarations and have not completely embraced westernization is due, to a large extent, on the hold the traditional African culture has on the vast majority of the populace. At the core of every Nigerian, and indeed every African, is the thumbprint, the umbilical cord of their ancestors.

This non-public declaration and display of love and affection is not unique to Nigerians living in Nigeria. No! The vast majority of Nigerians
living in the United States are loath to engage in such practices, too. Furthermore, most Nigerians do not engage in endearing practices like candlelight dinners, flower giving, romantic walk by the lake or park, or even running the bath for their wives or lovers.

It would surprise most westerners to know that a typical Nigerian father or mother would rarely, if ever, utter affectionate or confidence-building words like “I love you…” to their children; yet, the children have no doubt that their parents love them. Children are the crowing glory of any respectable Nigerian family.

Haven digressed a bit, I return to the issue of Nigerian men and their foreign wives. I am stunned, perplexed, taken aback by the
transformation Nigerian men, married to non-Nigerian women, have gone through in the United States (and perhaps all over the Western world). My goodness, here are a group of macho men, fiercely independent, with a burgeoning sense of entitlement who thinks the world belongs to them; and that women are made to be at their beck-and-call. Here they are; they have suddenly or gradually gone soft and sensitive and romantic and wide-eyed. How did these groups of men become “oh baby, oh baby” kind of guys? How did they become “yes honey, yes sweetheart, yes darling” kind of fellas? What has happened to them? What got to their hearts and soul?

How were they able to adjust to living under a different set of rules and matrimonial conventions? How is it that a breed of men married to

their fellow countrywomen would behave in a given and predictable manner; but then adjust to a different matrimonial lifestyle when married to foreigners? When they are with the Nigerian women, these men are all about control and power and they expect their wives to cook and clean and raise babies and provide sex on demand; but with the foreign wives, their balls shrink! Such men live by schedule.

They have daily and weekly schedule of when to do the laundry and the dishes; of whose turn it is to empty the thrash; and of whose turn it is to sweep and mop the floor; and of when to eat out and cook at home.

These men — especially if married to White women — feel lucky and grateful and mightily blessed. These men meet and exceed all
matrimonial expectations; but would rubbish and dominate their Nigerian women. What is it about a White woman that makes the Nigerian
male lose his senses? Could it be because of their skin color and their supposed sensuality and submissive attitude in bed? Could it be because they engage in all kinds of mind-altering sexual acts that, understandably, the Nigerian woman would NOT engage in?

Or perhaps it has to do with the warped mentality of some Nigerian men who thinks everything white is good and desirable and so must be had!

Why are Nigerian men afraid to turn control over to their Nigerian wives? Why are they averse to showing their sensitive side? Why the need to control and dominate? Why are Nigerian men reluctant to take their wives on a romantic walk to the parks and beaches, buy roses and cards? Why the need to bottle up their romantic side? Why have they refused to do for their Nigerian wives what they would heartily do for non-Nigerian women? After all, Nigerian women, unlike their foreign counterparts usually do not demand to be co-captains of the house.

They usually do not demand for more than is earthly possible. And way more than their foreign counterparts they understand what it means to be a wife and a partner; they understand what it means to be part of the extended family.

When it comes to matters of life, love and death, Nigerian women have stood by their husbands. They are there during the passing of their in-laws; they give succor in times of crisis. These women understand what the African family is all about.

But not much can be said about non-Nigerian wives who may not even find it necessary to visit or attend marriage or burial ceremonies in their husbands’ ancestral homes.

For non-Nigerian wives, life begins and ends in American. For these women, marriage is not about marrying into another family; it is about
“us and us alone.” And in fact, they would rather you not bother them with stories about your extended families and the need for the monthly or quarterly remittances.

Yes, some of us can’t help with whom we fall in love; but to the extent that one can, I would rather a Nigerian. A Nigerian woman is not likely to throw you out of your home; she is not likely to call the cops on you based on flimsy reasons; she is not likely to drag you through the judicial system; she is not likely to throw the divorce papers at you at the slightest provocation; she is not likely to turn her backs at you in times of financial difficulties and other crises.

In order words: Nigerian women are likely to stay and be loving and generous and supportive for the long haul! Again and again and again, they have proven that of all God’s creations, they are the very best.

And indeed, they are!
Lol your friend is too salty. She knows Naija men are in very high demand and she is saltier than the Dead Sea. I wouldn't even start with the horribly laughable clichés. What stops her and other women from marrying other nationals? Na by force?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by cococandy(f): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
kiss
babygirlfl:
The article was massively generalised. I believe a large number of African men would treat a foreign wife better than they would treat an African wife. However, there are African men who treat their African wives well and like a queen. The African man and African wife both share a fault in the difference in the way the African woman is treated.

The African wife: A good number of African women go into married with the mind of being treated badly. They don't even know they are not being treated right. You will be amazed at the number of women that expect to be cheated on because they believe all men cheat. You will be amazed at the number of women who go into marriage expecting to endure because they confuse tolerance for endurance. Also a large number of african women expect to accept rubbish because that is the only way a marriage can last. The African woman prefers to be suffering in a marriage than to be happily divorced. Then the believe that the woman is responsible for keeping the home.

The African man
The African man knows this and being the human that he is, will treat the African woman as he wishes because he knows that she expected to endure, take his rubbish and is going nowhere. There is simply no reason to treat her well because she is going to take whatever you dish and stay put.
Another thing is some men simply suffer from inferiority complex and think he has won a jackpot marrying a white woman. However, I do acknowledge that they are African men that simply fell in love with a white woman.

While I always advocate that women are independent, I do not believe that African men treats the African women worse off because she is dependent on him. I have seen and in more than one occasion an African man leaving his single working African woman to go for a white woman with three kids and on benefit. Some white women who were even career women stay at home to look after their kids for a long time before going back to work and the African husbands still treat them right.

In all these, I give the biggest blame to our African women. If you are satisfied with Keke napep, why should I kill myself giving you a Range Rover. People treat you the way you permit them to. Our women need to ask to be treated well to get treated well.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by TV01(m): 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sh0llypopz:
@Vivalavida99, self-hate also plays a part. BTW, I don't think the number of Nigerian men married to white women is noteworthy. A lot of Nigerian men in diaspora still keep it African because they know only African women will tolerate their rubbish.

Tag: TV01, Enlightenedsoul, subomi1, shymm3x
Merry x-mas everyone...I'm almost lost for words here...utterly dire. Totally shoddy premise and asinine conclusions, some pretty crap posts in response as well .

I think Mindful got it exactly right in the first sentence of her first post; https://www.nairaland.com/2817873/nigerian-men-foreign-wives-must#41260069.

So. Nigerian men marry foreigners in droves; true to a degree ! I hear estimates of up to 50% of black men in the UK are actually with non-black women, let alone black women from different "tribes/nations". I'm sure there are some Nigerians amongst that number.

It then disses Nigerian men as controlling and paternalistic - even the well-read and well-travelled, Nigerian male. Whose nature is seemingly so strongly embedded, he cannot but help his antediluvuian self?

And the beef? Nigerian men somehow treat these foreign women they marry way better than the Nigerian wives they forwent. Really? But this will all change once Nigerian women realise their true worth?

Surely if Nigerian men are as bad as portrayed, no women would want them Even the self-worth lacking Nigerian women - once they realise their full worth of course wink.

Nothing about the nuance of todays Nigerian male. In Nigeria sef, let alone the wide variety outside of it? it. Nothing about different cultural settings, expectations, legal frameworks, or the range if individual circumstances. And to conclude self hate or low esteem play a large part in this?

Not just cobblers, real headache inducing codswallop. This trope is so stale, about half a century old. It's not the Nigerian male that is outdated.

Make I go stuff ma turkey jor...

TV

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Stillfire: 9:30pm On Dec 24, 2015
TV01:

Merry x-mas everyone...I'm almost lost for words here...utterly dire. Totally shoddy premise and asinine conclusions, some pretty crap posts in response as well .
I think Mindful got it exactly right in the first sentence of her first post; https://www.nairaland.com/2817873/nigerian-men-foreign-wives-must#41260069.
So. Nigerian men marry foreigners in droves; true to a degree ! I hear estimates of up to 50% of black men in the UK are actually with non-black women, let alone black women from different "tribes/nations". I'm sure there are some Nigerians amongst that number.
It then disses Nigerian men as controlling and paternalistic - even the well-read and well-travelled, Nigerian male. Whose nature is seemingly so strongly embedded, he cannot but help his antediluvuian self?
And the beef? Nigerian men somehow treat these foreign women they marry way better than the Nigerian wives they forwent. Really? But this will all change once Nigerian women realise their true worth?
Surely if Nigerian men are as bad as portrayed, no women would want them Even the self-worth lacking Nigerian women - once they realise their full worth of course wink.
Nothing about the nuance of todays Nigerian male. In Nigeria sef, let alone the wide variety outside of it? it. Nothing about different cultural settings, expectations, legal frameworks, or the range if individual circumstances. And to conclude self hate or low esteem play a large part in this?
Not just cobblers, real headache inducing codswallop. This trope is so stale, about half a century old. It's not the Nigerian male that is outdated.
Make I go stuff ma turkey jor...
TV

TV merry christmassssssssssssss! tongue cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by TV01(m): 11:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Stillfire:

TV merry christmassssssssssssss! tongue cheesy
Merry crimbo o jare....turkey stuffed...just have to prepare the bird for tomorrow and I am done grin!

Come Stilly, is that you describing black men as libido-led feral animals up there angry. Your own pass OP's own sef. In the spirit of x-mas cheer, and using 9 of your 10 goodwill tokens, I'll let that slide - just tongue.

Watched those videos, nothing special, and other than the race thingy, nothing there. It's telling that the reverse - black male, white female - would not get the same traction; it's just too common, and through pretty much all demographics.

I was at our work kiddies party earlier today. The two "black women" that rocked up both had mixed race kids, Women and partners were all very middle-classy, but not even as special as the ones in the videos - in fact, I'm being polite, enough said.

Of the 3 black men, 1 had mixed race children, and a number of our female employees have black partners - evidenced by their kids. I'm not sure "mixed-ethnicity" pairings are actually noteworthy anymore?

It does seem black women are taking the white option more though? I'm sure many simply have a preference for white, but I also suspect that at the middle class range, many are driven by a "needs must" approach due to the dearth of available brothers?

Am I right, or am I right Stilly grin!

TV
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by queenzena23(f): 9:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
It isn't all that rosy about the Nigerian men i know, i happened to know (4)four single guys looking for a good woman, friends of the family or my BF friends. They are all presentable and appear to be great guys, but there's something about all of them. Mr. A falls in love with every woman, but finds fault and dumps them within 6 weeks. He's been married 3 times at age 42, Eight girl friends last year. Most thought they found true love. Mr. B dresses richly, but lives with his ex-wife because he's so broke. She just feels sorry for him. His recently deceased lady love bought him all his clothes. Mr. C is basically looking for a nurse because he's afraid of getting old alone. Mr. D talks a good talk, but can't back up his given biography or promises. They all seem like great catches at first, but none of them have anything to offer. And Mr. E, compares every woman to his sainted late wife.
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by A40(m): 12:56am On Dec 27, 2015
queenzena23:
It isn't all that rosy about the Nigerian men i know, i happened to know (4)four single guys looking for a good woman, friends of the family or my BF friends. They are all presentable and appear to be great guys, but there's something about all of them. Mr. A falls in love with every woman, but finds fault and dumps them within 6 weeks. He's been married 3 times at age 42, Eight girl friends last year. Most thought they found true love. Mr. B dresses richly, but lives with his ex-wife because he's so broke. She just feels sorry for him. His recently deceased lady love bought him all his clothes. Mr. C is basically looking for a nurse because he's afraid of getting old alone. Mr. D talks a good talk, but can't back up his given biography or promises. They all seem like great catches at first, but none of them have anything to offer. And Mr. E, compares every woman to his sainted late wife.
Its either the wife of Mr B is Mother Teresa or he is still shining her congo. Lol you gotta be kidding me
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by tpiar: 10:08am On Dec 27, 2015
queenzena23:

Wouldn't you like your husband to do the same .
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Sagamite(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lol @ the bolded.

You do have some hardline stance - but at least you're open and upfront about it. Yep - it's all about choices at the end of the day.

I know myself, I know my stance, I know what makes me happy and I know what is sensible.

I will not be caught dead in the delivery room with any wife. I would stay outside until delivery is complete. What is with all this modern hollywood rubbish that a man must be inside {says sarcastically and mockingly} "to support his wife through the delivery"?

"Fck that, nigga. ........Fck that!"

Call your mother, sister or best friend to be in the delivery room with you.

Another silly expectation is when women expect and want you to remember the day you met or started dating.

"Biatch, I don't even remember the date I was born. How the fck will I remember the date we started dating and how the fck does that matter?"

I NEVER remember it. At best, I would remember the 6 month range it falls within. After about 5 years, that would turn into a 1 year range.

Any woman that needs a man that is like that needs to look at another man, not me.

Mo o wa romantic rara o! (I am not romantic at all!)

Most things people find romantic that men do, I just find silly.
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
Sagamite:

I know myself, I know my stance, I know what makes me happy and I know what is sensible.

I will not be caught dead in the delivery room with any wife. I would stay outside until delivery is complete. What is with all this modern hollywood rubbish that a man must be inside {says sarcastically and mockingly} "to support his wife through the delivery"?

"Fck that, nigga. ........Fck that!"

Call your mother, sister or best friend to be in the delivery room with you.

Another silly expectations is when women expect and want you to remember the day you met or started dating.

"Biatch, I don't even remember the date I was born. How the fck will I remember the date we started dating and how the fck does that matter?"

I NEVER remember it. At best, I would remember the 6 month range it falls within. After about 5 years, that would turn into a 1 year range.

Any woman that needs a man that is like that needs to look at another man, not me.

Mo o wa romantic rara o! (I am not romantic at all!)

Most things people find romantic that men do, I just find silly.

Look at this bush man from Shagamu tongue grin grin
You mean you don't know your floribunda roses from your tea roses?
You don't know anything yet
I am sure you will soon be standing in a 3 hour queue outside Pandora
its just a matter of time
When Mrs Shagamus love bug bites you cool
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Sagamite(m): 2:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
tearoses:

Look at this bush man from Shagamu tongue grin grin
You mean you don't know your floribunda roses from your tea roses?
You don't know anything yet
I am sure you will soon be standing in a 3 hour queue outside Pandora
its just a matter of time
When Mrs Shagamus love bug bites you cool

When I want to buy Mrs Shagamus flowers, I would buy her Ewedu or Efo versions.

At least, those are flowers she can use in the Kitchen and we can eat. Not waste of my money.

Some yeye people would even be reading this, laughing at me and saying those are leaves, not flowers.

Na una know. Same noni to me. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by 4X4: 3:11am On Jan 08, 2016
Vivalavida99:
Saw this on a friends wall and i feel i should share.

Increasingly, and in greater numbers, Nigerian men are marrying non-Nigerian women. In droves, they are marrying Caribbean nationals,

White-Americans and African-Americans. They are marrying, not for the primarily purpose of acquiring “greencard,” but for other noble
reasons. They marry, not for the curiosity, but because they are bonded and are determined to make a success of the marriage institution;
they are bonded by love and faith and a commitment to one another to live their lives as one in a happy matrimony.

The more I notice this phenomenon, the more I wonder about some Nigerian men. I wonder. Culturally, Nigerian men are overbearing,
controlling, and paternalistic. They relate to their fathers and mothers differently. They believe it is “a man’s world” and so they have the tendency to relegate women to subservient roles.

True, things are changing. True globalization and modernity and westernization are impacting the Nigerian culture. In cities across Nigeria, these changes are noticeable; but over all, the effects of these changes are minimal.

A Nigerian may be well read, well educated and well traveled, in the end though, he will succumb to the weight and influence of the Nigerian culture.

We have a society where anthropological and sociological behaviors are still paramount. For instance, a great many Nigerians still practice
levirate and sororate marriage, and they also engage in polygyny, bridewealth, and matrilocal and patrilocal living arrangements. And in spite of westernization, Nigerians are still not comfortable with public display of affection, i.e. kissing and verbal declaration of love; and neither are they comfortable with open and public discussions of abortion, sex and exotic sex acts.

That Nigerians are not comfortable with such public declarations and have not completely embraced westernization is due, to a large extent, on the hold the traditional African culture has on the vast majority of the populace. At the core of every Nigerian, and indeed every African, is the thumbprint, the umbilical cord of their ancestors.

This non-public declaration and display of love and affection is not unique to Nigerians living in Nigeria. No! The vast majority of Nigerians
living in the United States are loath to engage in such practices, too. Furthermore, most Nigerians do not engage in endearing practices like candlelight dinners, flower giving, romantic walk by the lake or park, or even running the bath for their wives or lovers.

It would surprise most westerners to know that a typical Nigerian father or mother would rarely, if ever, utter affectionate or confidence-building words like “I love you…” to their children; yet, the children have no doubt that their parents love them. Children are the crowing glory of any respectable Nigerian family.

Haven digressed a bit, I return to the issue of Nigerian men and their foreign wives. I am stunned, perplexed, taken aback by the
transformation Nigerian men, married to non-Nigerian women, have gone through in the United States (and perhaps all over the Western world). My goodness, here are a group of macho men, fiercely independent, with a burgeoning sense of entitlement who thinks the world belongs to them; and that women are made to be at their beck-and-call. Here they are; they have suddenly or gradually gone soft and sensitive and romantic and wide-eyed. How did these groups of men become “oh baby, oh baby” kind of guys? How did they become “yes honey, yes sweetheart, yes darling” kind of fellas? What has happened to them? What got to their hearts and soul?

How were they able to adjust to living under a different set of rules and matrimonial conventions? How is it that a breed of men married to

their fellow countrywomen would behave in a given and predictable manner; but then adjust to a different matrimonial lifestyle when married to foreigners? When they are with the Nigerian women, these men are all about control and power and they expect their wives to cook and clean and raise babies and provide sex on demand; but with the foreign wives, their balls shrink! Such men live by schedule.

They have daily and weekly schedule of when to do the laundry and the dishes; of whose turn it is to empty the thrash; and of whose turn it is to sweep and mop the floor; and of when to eat out and cook at home.

These men — especially if married to White women — feel lucky and grateful and mightily blessed. These men meet and exceed all
matrimonial expectations; but would rubbish and dominate their Nigerian women. What is it about a White woman that makes the Nigerian
male lose his senses? Could it be because of their skin color and their supposed sensuality and submissive attitude in bed? Could it be because they engage in all kinds of mind-altering sexual acts that, understandably, the Nigerian woman would NOT engage in?

Or perhaps it has to do with the warped mentality of some Nigerian men who thinks everything white is good and desirable and so must be had!

Why are Nigerian men afraid to turn control over to their Nigerian wives? Why are they averse to showing their sensitive side? Why the need to control and dominate? Why are Nigerian men reluctant to take their wives on a romantic walk to the parks and beaches, buy roses and cards? Why the need to bottle up their romantic side? Why have they refused to do for their Nigerian wives what they would heartily do for non-Nigerian women? After all, Nigerian women, unlike their foreign counterparts usually do not demand to be co-captains of the house.

They usually do not demand for more than is earthly possible. And way more than their foreign counterparts they understand what it means to be a wife and a partner; they understand what it means to be part of the extended family.

When it comes to matters of life, love and death, Nigerian women have stood by their husbands. They are there during the passing of their in-laws; they give succor in times of crisis. These women understand what the African family is all about.

But not much can be said about non-Nigerian wives who may not even find it necessary to visit or attend marriage or burial ceremonies in their husbands’ ancestral homes.

For non-Nigerian wives, life begins and ends in American. For these women, marriage is not about marrying into another family; it is about
“us and us alone.” And in fact, they would rather you not bother them with stories about your extended families and the need for the monthly or quarterly remittances.

Yes, some of us can’t help with whom we fall in love; but to the extent that one can, I would rather a Nigerian. A Nigerian woman is not likely to throw you out of your home; she is not likely to call the cops on you based on flimsy reasons; she is not likely to drag you through the judicial system; she is not likely to throw the divorce papers at you at the slightest provocation; she is not likely to turn her backs at you in times of financial difficulties and other crises.

In order words: Nigerian women are likely to stay and be loving and generous and supportive for the long haul! Again and again and again, they have proven that of all God’s creations, they are the very best.

And indeed, they are!

WTF NA U WRITE ALL THIS OR NA COPY AND PASTE BTW GIRL YOU'RE GORGEOUS ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Askseek(f): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2016
Sagamite:

When I want to buy Mrs Shagamus flowers, I would buy her Ewedu or Efo versions.

At least, those are flowers she can use in the Kitchen and we can eat. Not waste of my money.

Some yeye people would even be reading this, laughing at me and saying those are leaves, not flowers.

Na una know. Same noni to me. cheesy

Oh a man after my heart. Straight to the point
Re: Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives. A Must Read. by Laura7: 1:57am On Feb 13, 2017
Hallo women ..I dont know why you speak about Europe or American women forexampel about white so bad...All women or white cor black whether we are women, we only have a different mentality because we were born in other countries ... I do not think that all of Niger men of the white women treat well .. how many white women are released, helping African man financial , learned to cook food for them in African way completely changed life and do all for these men ,love these men , then they have made woman child and finally them man leave these women...these woman lose money,self confidence and all and them cry and lose all and these man dont feel responsible and have not emotions for these women....or one woman help man with documents ,do for him all ,she have 2 works and still help him mother and sister with money and if this white woman start be sick -this man completely change because she stop work -He start be arogant ,dont speak with her etc...I tell you one think African men have so big ego and is so much proud and we are women we are more calm...some Europe woman are not calm and they stop do all for man because you know between two people must be balance ..African women do for men so much ,and much European or white women too and them they men do not respect such women as it did not have to expend any effort to get everything from the women deserved ..Men are hunters like to hunt, when they are at home submissive wife has done for them all, they start to get bored, and then cheated and hungry for other women , so it is up to us women that we stop for a man to do everything when you're not respected from husband ,he do not deserve to his wife cooks every day, do not deserve to him and cleaned and doing a complete service . we white women or black and whether we must have respest our feelings too not only cares of man ...and I explain typical European family:I we love our families, our cousins, but when I get married, so we devote my family husband and the children ... Also we visit their parents, parents visiting us, and also respect each other, our European parents do not mix us into our marriage and do not manipulate with us ..they respect us and dont bother us with every problem ... when male among us is married (his mother does not control man life) is a grown man who can decide and he know what is good and having its him opinion ... parents lead us to be independent , that the if parents son is an adult He know wake up on his feets ..good White men do not have high ego, they work hard, be wise, evidence shall take care of the wife in every respect-never forget Valentine's Day, will never forget her birthday, He can control him hormones when ,if the wife is ill they He dont disturb her with cleaned and cooked. .When a woman has a problem man hear her, and when a man has a problem that woman hear him - man and woman they find a common solution, Man taking wife on trips, walks into nature walk together, helping her with children and does not have a problem with that ..here partners work half and half there we call equality..Women have deep lovely,romatic feelings for man here ..and good white man too he have deep lovely feeling for woman if she is black or white ...in relationship is not important culture and cook and bed,,..the relationship between two people is Important , love, help, speak about problems, be faitfull woman to man and man to woman--- especialy if they are Christians, wisdom, education, knowlage, not what you cook, or what to do in bed(forexampel here works good if man is christian he is reallly faitfull and woman too) ..White woman know be romantic and deep in love and I think black woman too but you cant do for bad man all ,because you destroy your life,,...cook and clean and do all servises for Man what not deserve all these things...in marriage have be man and woman calm....but African men want be top and still use ego but this dont work ...they must start be calm especialy if they believe in god...calm man dont mean he is weak not ..Strong man is calm,he know control himself(because he is strong)he know cares of family and child he help woman with chidls he is not lazy cook or help woman with clean ...Strong man to handle all...if man ran from their families and think with ego and pride they are not strong men their are adult Boys - children ..and if man is christian he have not use ego ...ego dont exist if man believe in god but not believe only with tongue --he must believe with all heart ..is on us on woman that we teach son love their future wifes...in ýour country mother so much cares for son do everithing for him and put him on pedestal and if a son is an adult he grows he is one spoiled kid who thinks through the ego and dont respect women...Here in my country , raise children strictly daughter and son are equal ..son is not to or more like girl this dont exist here and for this we have not these problem with Men in our countries...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My In-laws Disrespect Me A Lot As Well As My Wife / Do You Give Your Neighbours Nick-names?? / Does Aging Scare You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 209
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.