Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC (745 Views)

Ekweremadu Must Go, APC Chiefs Insist / Why Fuel Scarcity May Persist —NUPENG / Why Fuel Scarcity Will Not Go Away Soon In Nigeria- Sahara Reporters. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by slimgold123(f): 7:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
The National Chairman of the All Progressive Congress, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun on Tuesday said the eventual removal of fuel subsidy is inevitable.

According to him, the gradual removal of subsidy is necessary in view of emerging and current realities. Odigie-Oyegun said this when he received a delegation of the APC National Coalition for Peace and Mobilization which paid him a courtesy at the Party’s National Secretariat in Abuja.

He explained that the current administration inherited an “infected system of subsidy” run by corrupt cartels. In one way or the other, subsidy must go.”

He noted that a situation where government spends almost a trillion Naira yearly on the corruption-tainted subsidy regime is unacceptable and can no longer be sustained.

The APC Chairman said oil cartels and their cronies resisting change have continued to blackmail and sabotage government on the issue of subsidy, a development that has resulted in the lingering nationwide fuel scarcities despite serious government efforts.

He described the perennial fuel scarcity the nation grapples with as a “national disgrace”. Odigie-Oyegun expressed the need to restructure the country’s oil and gas sector which he said has been marred by corruption and inefficiencies. He said President Muhammadu Buhari’s directive to the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency to adjust its pricing template to reflect competitive and market driven components may not necessarily result in increase in the pump price of petrol.

The National Chairman said the presidential directive to the PPPRA will result in a more efficient and realistic pricing system for petroleum products and also result in constant availability of fuel. Earlier, the National President of NACOPEAM, Mr. Ahmed Saleh said the fuel scarcity is impacting negatively on the party’s image.

He said, “The unbearable fuel queues along filling stations is indeed avoidable. The situation is impacting negatively on the integrity of the party and this noble administration of positive change.”

He equally called for the “total overhauling” of heads of federal government Commissions, Parastatals and Agencies. Saleh also said, “During electioneering campaign, the APC went around the lenght and breath of Nigeria informing the citizen on the ills and mal-administration of the past regime.

“However, there is need for total overhauling and new trusted heads of commissions, paratatals and agencies to be appointed for effective, efficient and result oriented service to the Nigerian citizens. With this our noble observation, we believe the nation will move forward and the government will be free from administrative sabotage.”

http://www.punchng.com/why-fuel-subsidy-must-go-apc/

Lalasticlala

Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by Akkord4gov: 7:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by fromnigeria(m): 7:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
grin
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by oja1185(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
After spending 3 weeks at the mechanic workshop for general mentainance which cost me a fortune, my murano packed up in the middle of the road and was subsequently towed by LASTMA to their office. I have to pay fine to get it out. The mechanic said the back axle has to be changed for the SUV to move again. I don't think I need the 4-wheel so I asked him to remove the propeller but he insisted that the vehicle will remain immobile if the propeller is removed. Some other mechanics however said that removing the propeller will not affect its movement but will only make it 2 wheel rather than 4 wheel. Pls guys, I need your opinion.
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by Joe4lv(m): 7:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
I love and recommend removal of fuel subsidy but we should do this before doing that:

1. revitalize our refineries or privatise them. this will boost local production and also create jobs for the teeming youths.

2. Do massive orientation to Nigerians for like three months on the benefits of removal of fuel subsidy. this was the issue I had with GEJ's govt cos Nigerians just woke up to the harsh reality of the removal without knowing the benefit.

3. Create a different account for the money realized yearly from the subsidy stuff and channel it into something Nigerians can see like roads,tertiary institutions buildings and research centres,etc.
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by dunkem21(m): 7:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
grin
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by MISSNORA(f): 7:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
But APC yabbed PDP for removing FS
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by yemmynoni: 8:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Better pikin
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by ogdada: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
Igbeyi aye....
Re: Why Fuel Subsidy Must Go – APC by mickeyenglish(m): 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
Post No Bill........

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Next Gold Miners Now Corruption Door Is Almost Closed / #tyrantbuhari Online Petition: More Signatures Demand Buhari’s Resignation / Former Gov Wike’s Spokesman Dumps PDP, Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.