Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,897 members, 7,802,891 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Lisp Language - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Lisp Language (1249 Views)

Lisp Failed Because Of Snobbery / Why Doesn't Anyone In Nigeria Code In A Lisp / Any Lisp/scheme Programmers In Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lisp Language by Arian11(m): 11:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hi house, just wanted to know if anyone is familiar with Lisp Programming language i started using it few weeks ago (and its killing me ) for a school project relating to Artificial Intelligence(e.g Siri).....is anyone familiar with it .....Thanks in Advance
Re: Lisp Language by Fulaman198(m): 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Wow interesting, this is my first time hearing about this Lisp language. I will have to read about it cheesy
Re: Lisp Language by Arian11(m): 12:02am On Dec 23, 2015
its actually interesting but frustration would nearly kill you ...(lol)....

are you a programmer?

1 Like

Re: Lisp Language by Fulaman198(m): 12:05am On Dec 23, 2015
Arian11:
its actually interesting but frustration would nearly kill you ...(lol)....

are you a programmer?

Yep, I'm a programmer smiley . Actually I don't like that word (Programmer), I see myself more as a Computer Scientist trying to cover various fields in the extremely vast Computer Science field. There is so much to learn and know.

1 Like

Re: Lisp Language by Arian11(m): 12:10am On Dec 23, 2015
exactly!!! but personally i prefer Software to Hardware that's why i chose Software Engineering ...Hardware is boring like crazy sad you look like some one who enjoys Hardware grin .........tell me I'm wrong? grin wink
Fulaman198:

Yep, I'm a programmer smiley . Actually I don't like that word (Programmer), I see myself more as a Computer Scientist trying to cover various fields in the extremely vast Computer Science field. There is so much to learn and know.

1 Like

Re: Lisp Language by Arian11(m): 12:11am On Dec 23, 2015
all these ghost views....contribute something now ...this is not IG
Re: Lisp Language by Fulaman198(m): 12:18am On Dec 23, 2015
Arian11:
exactly!!! but personally i prefer Software to Hardware that's why i chose Software Engineering ...Hardware is boring like crazy sad you look like some one who enjoys Hardware grin .........tell me I'm wrong? grin wink

Well in my honest opinion, it's good to be proficient at both. Computer Engineers and Electrical Engineers (depending on the path they followed in school) can be proficient at both.

1 Like

Re: Lisp Language by DonSegmond(m): 5:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
Yes, I'm familiar with lisp. What would you like to know?
Re: Lisp Language by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:32pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ask wikipedia
Re: Lisp Language by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ask wikipedia
But can u please define 'Artificial Intelligence' for me
Re: Lisp Language by Arian11(m): 10:17pm On Dec 23, 2015
Sir how do you implement the ID3 Algorithm in Lisp
DonSegmond:
Yes, I'm familiar with lisp. What would you like to know?

1 Like

Re: Lisp Language by DonSegmond(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
Arian11:
Sir how do you implement the ID3 Algorithm in Lisp
Can you implement it in any language? If not, then lisp is not the problem, and you just have a poor understanding of the algorithm or programming.
If you can implement it in another language, then do so first. It's a tree traversal algorithm. So figure out how you can represent your trees as a list, then figure out how to visit the nodes. I would represent a tree as (root left right) then you can use first to get the value of the current node, second to get the left node, and third to get the right node.

(1) (Reply)

Are They Cobol Programmers/jobs In Nigeria? / Female Ethical Hackers Wanted! / Learn Wordpress, Angular Js And Bootstrap For Web Design/development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.