Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,030 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:45 AM

"Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode (24722 Views)

Appointments That Shows Buhari's Administration Is Wasteful - Naij / Wike Is Spending His Last Days In Office – APC / Buhari's Administration Is Not Responsible For JP Morgan's Removal. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by TolstoyFan: 7:09am On Dec 23, 2015
Following the presentation of the 2016 budget by President Muhammadu Buhari to the joint National Assembly, PDP chieftain and former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani- Kayode has said the budget is laced with insincerity.
Fani- Kayode made this known in a statement he signed yesterday and made available to journalists in Abuja. According to the statement, "The 2016 budget is fueled by insincerity, shrouded in fantasy, built on tall dreams and spawned by deceit, ignorance and the illusion of change. It is bloated, unrealistic, expensive, cosmetic and it will not result in anything good.

“In order to fund part of the budget the government intends to borrow money and this will throw our country into even greater debt. What a tragedy this is given the fact that in 2007 Nigeria was debt-free. The Buhari administration is spending money like a drunken sailor and they are borrowing as if there is no tomorrow, mortgaging the future of our nation and our children.

"We need far more fiscal discipline and seriousness than that if our government really wishes to improve the economy and better the lives of ordinary people. Meanwhile the Federal Government has said that President Goodluck Jonathan is responsible for today’s long fuel queues even though he left office 7 months ago.

"They seem to have forgotten that in 2012 it was their group, led by Bola Tinubu, Nasir El Rufai, Rotimi Amaechi and President Buhari himself that aggressively opposed deregulation and almost brought the whole country to a standstill with protests and riots all over the place in their efforts to prevent the government from removing the oil subsidy.

“Had it not been for their pettiness, lack of understanding, shortsightedness and double standards the subsidy would have been removed three years ago and fuel queues would have been a thing of history. Sadly they lacked the foresight to appreciate the virtues of that policy and today they have the nerve to blame Jonathan for the mess that they themselves essentially created. They have been in power for 7 months now: it is time for them to step up to the plate, start taking responsibility for their own actions, do a better job and stop blaming Jonathan for their own miserable and avoidable failures.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/buharis-administration-is-spending-money-like-a-drunken-sailor-femi-fani-kayode/

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by INTROVERT(f): 7:13am On Dec 23, 2015
So Dasuki hasn't indicted fani yet.

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Jazzlite: 7:16am On Dec 23, 2015
cheesy
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by modath(f): 7:23am On Dec 23, 2015

"We need far more fiscal discipline and seriousness than that if our government really wishes to improve the economy and better the lives of ordinary people.

Where were you when Dasuki turned into santa claus

"They seem to have forgotten that in 2012 it was their group, led by Bola Tinubu, Nasir El Rufai, Rotimi Amaechi and President Buhari himself that aggressively opposed deregulation and almost brought the whole country to a standstill with protests and riots all over the place in their efforts to prevent the government from removing the oil subsidy.

What happened to the PROCEEDS from the partial removal of subsidy otherwisr known as Sure P ?.

Must PDP folks always talk out of turn with the giant iroko tree blocking their glaucoma +cataract infested eyes

FFK is a F**king F**lish Knave !!!

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by ogdada: 7:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Ok igbeyi aye fani...................

13 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by tyson99(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2015
Fani the useless man

92 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by kodded(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2015
Nigerians will understand the true meaning of change by this time next year when a cup of garri will be N100 and a trip to Cameroon and other neighbouring countries will look like flying to dubai

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by bunmioguns(m): 7:29am On Dec 23, 2015
undecided
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:31am On Dec 23, 2015
One thing I don't like about democracy is that.. it also allows Femi-fani Kayode to have freedom of speech. I really hate it.

145 Likes 8 Shares

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by AWONEYAN(m): 7:33am On Dec 23, 2015
At least not like Dasuki?
When will this gap toothed parrot stops making a fool of him self
A man accused of money laundering advising on financial management
A man who collected billions to manage Gej's election but under his nose d money enter voice mail...
A man whose Ex-wives n children sees as a monster preaching santity on national issues

Oga FFk, I know you were disapointed when you read that the Budget was higher in capital expenditure than d last adminstration budget despite the reduction in oil revenue (the simple maths is no more sharing)
Also you were expection bubu to say subsidy is removed so you can come tell us your big english(sinister,malicious move.e.t.c)

Despite the fact that, last govt sold oil higher than the benchmark,...yet nothing to show for the reserve,we still had to borrow money to give dasuki and that one turns to santa clause

Abeg park well...this guy. Needs Magu's attention asap

106 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by fasho01(m): 7:34am On Dec 23, 2015
Although coming from a man known with much talking, there is an element of truth in what he's saying, laced with facts. Let's just be optimistic that our economy will be diversified and the budget will work.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Chubhie: 7:35am On Dec 23, 2015
Keep the fire burning Comrade OluFemi.

12 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by WaffenSS(m): 7:45am On Dec 23, 2015
fasho01:
Although coming from a man known with much talking, there is an element of truth in what he's saying, laced with facts. Let's just be optimistic that our economy will be diversified and the budget will work.

Where's the truth?

He even indicted his own party when he said as at 2007 Nigeria was debt-free. Between 2007 and 2015 the country has accumulated a massive pile of debt.

Well, buhari just came on board and is yet to borrow a kobo.

All the borrowing was by GEJ.

117 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by size40: 7:49am On Dec 23, 2015
16 wasted years by d PDP.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by cephaswizzy(m): 7:55am On Dec 23, 2015
LuckyLadolce:
One thing I don't like about democracy is that.. it also allows Femi-fani Kayode to have freedom of speech. I really hate it.
stop hating. No pay! No gain!
Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by ticker(m): 7:56am On Dec 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
So Dasuki hasn't indicted fani yet.
so u still dey on this matter. after dasuki indict Oga pmb, do u think they will like to continue the probing? no no no.....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by LuckyLadolce(m): 8:08am On Dec 23, 2015
cephaswizzy:

stop hating. No pay! No gain!
Stop hating what? That he spews claptrap? Please if ur his fan, u av the right to praise him for all the bullshit he says, I av no headache abt it. buh dont take it as ur personal business when I counter his gibberish. Afterall I av freedom of speech like he does...

9 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by ANBAKO: 8:09am On Dec 23, 2015
How did your administration spend our money?

Like a blind, drunken mad man.

Nonsense!!!!!

Do good for good to come your way

8 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Jazzlite: 8:15am On Dec 23, 2015
LuckyLadolce:

e pain am....

12 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Jazzlite: 8:17am On Dec 23, 2015
lols
ticker:
so u still dey on this matter. after dasuki indict Oga pmb, do u think they will like to continue the probing? no no no.....

1 Like

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by fasho01(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:

Where's the truth?

He even indicted his own party when he said as at 2007 Nigeria was debt-free. Between 2007 and 2015 the country has accumulated a massive pile of debt.

Well, buhari just came on board and is yet to borrow a kobo.

All the borrowing was by GEJ.

The truth is we don't need more borrowing to improve the
economy and better the lives of ordinary people as evidenced between 2007 & 2015 and in truth, if the the crop of people that now constitute the FG had allowed fuel subsidy removal, we wouldn't have been deep into this economic mess as we are in now.

For me, it's not about political party or about whose regime we accumulated a massive pile of debt. All I'm interested in is what will be good for us collectively and I think yet more borrowing is not the way forward.

6 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Goke7: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2015
was anybody expecting fani kayode to pat buhari on the back for a wonderful budget? certainly not.

3 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by kennydee05(m): 8:43am On Dec 23, 2015
FFK is suffering from serious medical diseases that I can not even pronounce.

Nigeria will be great again.

7 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 23, 2015
please guys, be patient with this man. he is suffering from a peculiar ailment.
his mouth is wider than his brain.
scientists are working hard to find a cure for him, so please bear with him.

14 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by kennydee05(m): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2015
fasho01:

economy and better the lives of ordinary people as evidenced between 2007 & 2015 and in truth, if the the crop of people that now constitute the FG had allowed fuel subsidy removal, we wouldn't have been deep into this economic mess as we are in now.

For me, it's not about political party or about whose regime we accumulated a massive pile of debt. All I'm interested in is what will be good for us collectively and I think yet more borrowing is not the way forward.
As developed America is, they still borrow and they have huge debt.
Yaradua borrowed for good reason but Jonathan borrowed to finance Dasuki Spending spree. 2007-2015 borrowed money were squandered on selfish and personal motive and without transparency

15 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by kennydee05(m): 8:49am On Dec 23, 2015
FFK is something I don't want to call him.

So did he want us to go back to the era of budget for kitchen, dog and toilet?

2 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by WaffenSS(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2015
fasho01:

economy and better the lives of ordinary people

Yes we do. Our main revenue stream, oil, has gone down.

fasho01:

as evidenced between 2007 & 2015

Actually that's the period we even had our highest borrowings. We borrowed to fund recurrent consumption, we borrowed to pay salaries, we even borrowed ostensibly to fund the war against BH but ended up being largesse to PDP via Dasuki. And this borrowing was against a backdrop of rising oil revenues.

fasho01:

and in truth, if the the crop of people that now constitute the FG had allowed fuel subsidy removal, we wouldn't have been deep into this economic mess as we are in now.

It was the organized labor and virtually every Nigerian that resisted subsidy removal, mostly because of the duplicity of FG and poor presentation of the deal. Also, subsidy was partially removed by GEJ and the savings seemingly ploughed back into Sure P, only to end up doing absolutely nothing and the funds vanishing into thin air.

fasho01:

Our main source of revenue is dwindling, our income-generating agencies are rife with corruption, our economic system is consumption based, our government structure is bloated and parasitic. Our civil service is vast and unproductive.

Tell me how we can sustain or even develop this system without funds. Where the only option is to borrow, shouldn't we, as long as the will is there to do the right thing?

Let's be optimistic about PMB's intentions. We all hope for a better Nigeria. But we won't get it if we all decide to be armchair cynics and critics hoping it all fails.

If he does fail, then by all means he shall bear our wrath. But until so, we owe Nigeria our hopes and prayers, because win or lose...it affects us all.

34 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by fasho01(m): 9:22am On Dec 23, 2015
kennydee05:

As developed America is, they still borrow and they have huge debt.
Yaradua borrowed for good reason but Jonathan borrowed to finance Dasuki Spending spree. 2007-2015 borrowed money were squandered on selfish and personal motive and without transparency

Jonathan's issue is a discussion for another day.

America doesn't just rely on oil and as such has the means to service their debt. With dwindled oil prices, can same be said for us?

1 Like

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by kennydee05(m): 9:25am On Dec 23, 2015
fasho01:

Jonathan's issue is a discussion for another day.

America doesn't just rely on oil and as such has the means to service their debt. With dwindled oil prices, can same be said for us?
That's the exact direction we are looking at, an that is well taken care of in the budget. We are diversifying and move from reliance on unpredictable price of crude oil.

1 Like

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by fasho01(m): 9:35am On Dec 23, 2015
WaffenSS:

Yes we do. Our main revenue stream, oil, has gone down.

Actually that's the period we even had our highest borrowings. We borrowed to fund recurrent consumption, we borrowed to pay salaries, we even borrowed ostensibly to fund the war against BH but ended up being largesse to PDP via Dasuki. And this borrowing was against a backdrop of rising oil revenues.

It was the organized labor and virtually every Nigerian that resisted subsidy removal, mostly because of the duplicity of FG and poor presentation of the deal. Also, subsidy was partially removed by GEJ and the savings seemingly ploughed back into Sure P, only to end up doing absolutely nothing and the funds vanishing into thin air.

Our main source of revenue is dwindling, our income-generating agencies are rife with corruption, our economic system is consumption based, our government structure is bloated and parasitic. Our civil service is vast and unproductive.

Tell me how we can sustain or even develop this system without funds. Where the only option is to borrow, shouldn't we, as long as the will is there to do the right thing?

Let's be optimistic about PMB's intentions. We all hope for a better Nigeria. But we won't get it if we all decide to be armchair cynics and critics hoping it all fails.

If he does fail, then by all means he shall bear our wrath. But until so, we owe Nigeria our hopes and prayers, because win or lose...it affects us all.

I agree with most of what you've stated out. I just hope there is a sincere will to do the right thing. Indeed we all hope for a better Nigeria and pray things work out well.

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by WaffenSS(m): 9:38am On Dec 23, 2015
fasho01:

I agree with most of what you've stated out. I just hope there is a sincere will to do the right thing. Indeed we all hope for a better Nigeria and pray things work out well.

Amen.

4 Likes

Re: "Buhari's Administration Is Spending Money Like A Drunken Sailor"- Fani-Kayode by fasho01(m): 9:40am On Dec 23, 2015
kennydee05:

That's the exact direction we are looking at, an that is well taken care of in the budget. We are diversifying and move from reliance on unpredictable price of crude oil.

Proper implementation of the budget is my main concern. I just hope it all works well cos solely relying on oil is what has put us in this economic stalemate.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Politicians Who Visited Aso Rock In The Past Were Given $100, 000 – Presidency / Buhari, Tambuwal, APC Governors Move To Quell Tinubu, Oyegun’s Rift - Vanguard / Hon. Azuka Okwuosa Was Offered N2bn To Quit Anambra Governorship Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.