Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes (2181 Views)

Weekend Challenge For Practice: RLE Encoding / An Online Compiler, Interpreter And IDE For Nairaland / What's Your Favorite Text Editor/ Or IDE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by aghr(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2015
Hello everyone, im looking at learning php and ive been sweating on how to go about it. All ive gotten so far is one notepad just to type codes. All options ive found, netbeans, etc arent actually free. i also tried using xampp but having series of problems (or maybe i dont know how to go about it). Pls, kindly help a newbie. Thanks
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by fun1: 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
Just download tutorials online.. videos and pdfs
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by DonSegmond(m): 5:36pm On Dec 23, 2015
netbeans, eclipse are free. the only issue is that they consume so much resources, so you better have a top notch computer. i just use a basic editor. you can try phpstorm. it's also not free, but it's very light and nice.
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by talk2hb1(m): 7:30am On Dec 24, 2015
aghr:
Hello everyone, im looking at learning php and ive been sweating on how to go about it. All ive gotten so far is one notepad just to type codes. All options ive found, netbeans, etc arent actually free. i also tried using xampp but having series of problems (or maybe i dont know how to go about it). Pls, kindly help a newbie. Thanks
If you are a beginner and just learning focus on the language for now and forget about IDE, the best IDE for beginners is notepad++ just like notepad but with additional features ++ wink
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by aghr(m): 3:21am On Dec 25, 2015
DonSegmond:
netbeans, eclipse are free. the only issue is that they consume so much resources, so you better have a top notch computer. i just use a basic editor. you can try phpstorm. it's also not free, but it's very light and nice.

Thanks for the post, do you know what system spec would be perfect/ i use a 4G ram, core i3 intel processor (asus).
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by aghr(m): 3:24am On Dec 25, 2015
talk2hb1:

If you are a beginner and just learning focus on the language for now and forget about IDE, the best IDE for beginners is notepad++ just like notepad but with additional features ++ wink
thanks for the post would do more research on the notepad++. or can you suggest names of the additional features you use that can work with your notepad++ to run your codes? thanks
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by aghr(m): 3:29am On Dec 25, 2015
fun1:
Just download tutorials online.. videos and pdfs

I already have pdfs though no vids plus im not completely a novice to programming. I just want to step things up, try my hands on some personal projects and improve from there. So what i need is sort of a training ground before i hit the market, however i want it at the lowest cost as i can get. Is that possible/ if yes, what resources did you use in your early days to learn php?
thanks
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by talk2hb1(m): 12:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
aghr:

thanks for the post would do more research on the notepad++. or can you suggest names of the additional features you use that can work with your notepad++ to run your codes? thanks
It works just like Netbean with syntax highlighting and coloring, and it support virtually all languages. Infact you can use it for full project development. The only draw back I have with it is that I have not been able to debug my php code with it (Stepping through codes) undecided
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by fun1: 11:44am On Dec 27, 2015
[quote author=aghr post=41320187]

actually am still in my early days .just learning too.we could work something out tho

1 Like

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by fun1: 11:53am On Dec 27, 2015
try sublime too.I use both sublime and notepad++ .notepad is lighter as in consumes less resources and has high resistance than sublime...any small thing will crash sublim
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
fun1:
try sublime too.I use both sublime and notepad++ .notepad is lighter as in consumes less resources and has high resistance than sublime...any small thing will crash sublim
been using sublime for a year now and it aint never crashed... PC and Linux
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by fun1: 9:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Jregz:

been using sublime for a year now and it aint never crashed... PC and Linux
well maybe you are on a super computer then... mine kind of outdated...
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
fun1:
well maybe you are on a super computer then... mine kind of outdated...
super computer ? - you really should see me laughing like crazy over here
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by guru01(m): 1:09pm On Jan 02, 2016
aghr:
Am a full Php Developer and I will recommend net bean for Php, it comes from and doesn't use loads of resources as stated by someone.

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by fun1: 4:13pm On Jan 03, 2016
Jregz:

super computer ? - you really should see me laughing like crazy over here
smiles hny man...which language do you write
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by Nobody: 5:25am On Jan 07, 2016
fun1:
smiles hny man...which language do you write

php and javascript...you ?
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me How To Get Php Ide Suitable For Practice Purposes by fun1: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2016
Jregz:

php and javascript...you ?
. same here ..

(1) (Reply)

Just Launched My First Android App Called Reflap / I Created A Social Chat App For Android Users / Lesson Teacher Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.