Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,930 members, 7,799,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:53 PM

Unilag 2016 thread - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2016 thread (232339 Views)

Unilag 2016/2017 Admission Cutoff Marks Into All Courses / Unilag 2016 Aspirants Awaiting Neco SSCE Results Let's Meet / UNILAG 2016 Post-utme Screening Date Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 7:35am On Feb 12, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Does unilag offer masters in Linguistics?...and do they also offer masters in chinese?..thanks

For both they dont.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by jaynee1: 9:06am On Feb 13, 2016
Ok I'm interested in getting an MA in English. I hope I don't confuse you. But I hv the intention to lecture and I hear I will need a PGD in English. So can I get a post graduate diploma at d same time get a Masters degree too? If I cam how much is d fee please
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by oracle009(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2016
Good work here brother. I have a Bsc in Botany (OAU) with a 2:1...my questions
Can I apply for Mphil in environmental toxicology and pollution management? Or mphil in cell biology and genetics?

If not, what of Msc?

What is d duration and fee like?

Can I combine it wt lecturing in anoda schl?

I wil be tru wt nysc by april

Tnks in anticipation
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Dibrain(m): 11:08am On Feb 21, 2016
Mr. Kalan... Hv always followed your post and thread since my final year(2years ago) . Its been awesomely comprehensively educating grin . I hv since then used the info I get here to plan, just to clear the air sir, I studied economics from the great UNIBEN and I already understand I'm qualified for MSc (part time) Finance.
Questions
1- how many months is the part - time ? Pls including the thesis period
2- how much is d fees, u mentioned 150k per session in your previous post, bt it got me even more confused, how many sessions do we have , how many months is in a session, how many semester is in a session
3- if we purchase d form and I pass, when are we likely gonna resume lectures.
4- would appreciate if I can get your contact aside nairaland here.
5 - would also wanna knw the course curriculum of Msc finance , so I knw what I'm up against. Was thinking getting to meet a current student would be the solution to that problem.
6- can't thank You enough for your support , with you, there is hope for a better Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Dibrain(m): 11:09am On Feb 21, 2016
Mr. Kalan... Hv always followed your post and thread since my final year(2years ago) . Its been awesomely comprehensively educating grin . I hv since then used the info I get here to plan, just to clear the air sir, I studied economics from the great UNIBEN and I already understand I'm qualified for MSc (part time) Finance.
Questions
2- how much is d fee, u mentioned 150k per session in your previous post, bt it got me even more confused, how many sessions do we have , how many months is in a session, how many semester is in a session
5 - would also wanna knw the course curriculum of Msc finance , so I knw what I'm up against. Was thinking getting to meet a current student would be the solution to that problem.
6- can't thank You enough for your support , with you, there is hope for a better Nigeria.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Moyarh(m): 9:16am On Feb 27, 2016
Good morning Kalan.
Well done, with the updates.

Please, is B.Sc Political Science cleared for M.Sc IRPM? And what are the other requirements?

Thank you.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:40am On Feb 27, 2016
Mr. Kalan, great job..I discovered your previous thread on Unilag PG last year and followed it intensively..it was there I made up m mind finally to proceed with m MSc this year..
(1). What's the duration for an Msc in Biochemistry and also their tuition fee..?
(2). Can you please help me with their course outline, while I download the PQ..

Bin waiting anxiously for ur thread, thought u said u wud begin selling PQs by march 2016
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 9:12am On Feb 29, 2016
I want to share this info with you.

I get this question a lot from many pg applicants.

==================

What is the difference between professional & Msc, which is better?

==================

lemme clear the air once and for all.

both are great depending on your career direction.

Hot Tips to know:

1. Professional courses are great if you want to make money fast - easy to gain employment with these type of certificates

2. Professional courses are great if your path is industry base and field work

3. Professional courses are designed for managers and leaders of men and materials

4. You cant use your professional course for PHD, you must do MSC for that

5. You cant use your professional course for lecturing, you must do MSC for that

6. It good to have One professional course on your resume, more relevant and respected by companies

7. More expensive than regular Msc

8. Mostly Part time

9. Professional courses are great if you are working on your business.

10. Msc is 100% research and academic work. Great for eficos and would be lecturers/researchers/New Discoveries

4 Likes 2 Shares

jaynee1:
Ok I'm interested in getting an MA in English. I hope I don't confuse you. But I hv the intention to lecture and I hear I will need a PGD in English. So can I get a post graduate diploma at d same time get a Masters degree too? If I cam how much is d fee please

Lol, please dont confuse me.

Ok. You get One before the other. so a PGD is in order, later your MA. the fee is 120k for MA and 90k for PGD.
jaynee1:

Lol, plese dont confuse me.

Ok. You get One before the other. so a PGD is in order, later your MA. the fee is 120k for MA and 90k for PGD.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 9:23am On Feb 29, 2016
LouisVanGaal:
Mr. Kalan, great job..I discovered your previous thread on Unilag PG last year and followed it intensively..it was there I made up m mind finally to proceed with m MSc this year..
(1). What's the duration for an Msc in Biochemistry and also their tuition fee..?
(2). Can you please help me with their course outline, while I download the PQ..

Bin waiting anxiously for ur thread, thought u said u wud begin selling PQs by march 2016

Hi LVG lol

Nice one. straight to your questions

1. duration is 12 months and 90k fees
2. yes when u order your PQ will give you more than the course outlines. its my way of enhancing your chances of passing the exams with merit which is our uniqueness in these exams.

For past questions sales, we already opened and people are making their orders already.
You can get yours below

http://careerplusonline.net/unilagpostgraduatepastquestionsanswers

hope it helps
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 9:28am On Feb 29, 2016
Moyarh:
Good morning Kalan.
Well done, with the updates.

Please, is B.Sc Political Science cleared for M.Sc IRPM? And what are the other requirements?

Thank you.

Great One Moyarh,

Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (Full-Time)

Entry Requirement:

Candidates must possess a Bachelor's honours degree in any of the following disciplines: Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Business Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Economics or Psychology from the University of Lagos or any other recognized institution.

from above yes u are qualified.

you need a 2:2 min

that's all for now.

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 9:37am On Feb 29, 2016
Dibrain:

Questions
2- how much is d fee, u mentioned 150k per session in your previous post, bt it got me even more confused, how many sessions do we have , how many months is in a session, how many semester is in a session

Dibrain, so many questions. let me try

1. 24 months
2. fee is 150k per session a session is 2 semesters, =12 months per session
3. lectures likely began in Dec/Jan
4. my contact is very open. get all from my blog

5. Will provide u with curriculum and current students in that dept when u subscribe to the Unilag PG News-update on my site

6. Thank you too.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by LouisVanGaal(m): 9:58am On Feb 29, 2016
kalan:

Hi LVG lol

Nice one. straight to your questions

1. duration is 12 months and 90k fees
2. yes when u order your PQ will give you more than the course outlines. its my way of enhancing your chances of passing the exams with merit which is our uniqueness in these exams.

For past questions sales, we already opened and people are making their orders already.
You can get yours below

hope it helps
Pls Sir, help me confirm..heard that from 2016/2017 set, MSc would be 18months for science-based courses..that their academic syllabus have changed..
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Moyarh(m): 2:44pm On Feb 29, 2016
kalan:

Great One Moyarh,

Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management (Full-Time)

Entry Requirement:

Candidates must possess a Bachelor's honours degree in any of the following disciplines: Industrial Relations and Personnel Management, Business Administration, Political Science, Sociology, Economics or Psychology from the University of Lagos or any other recognized institution.

from above yes u are qualified.

you need a 2:2 min

that's all for now.

Thank you.

I appreciate your response.

Have a nice day smiley
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by DEELOV(m): 5:00pm On Feb 29, 2016
@op, please what MSc programme is someone who finished from sociology unilag and also, am rounding up my nysc Batch A 2015,Am I eligible for 2016/2017 intake.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by teechudleyy(f): 5:11pm On Feb 29, 2016
Hello Kalan... i have an Hnd with an upper credit. Am eligible for Unilag Pgd in project management or construction tech/building studies.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by fopdnewton: 11:33pm On Feb 29, 2016
KALAN Goodevening. I dont know why you keep ignoring my posts. it is well. I garduated with a 2.2 in Chemical Engineering, i want to do an MSc in Environmental Management. Any suggestions or better course that is available?
kalan:

Dibrain, so many questions. let me try

1. 24 months
2. fee is 150k per session a session is 2 semesters, =12 months per session
3. lectures likely began in Dec/Jan
4. my contact is very open. get all from my blog

5. Will provide u with curriculum and current students in that dept when u subscribe to the Unilag PG News-update on my site

6. Thank you too.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Bablarry(m): 3:14pm On Mar 01, 2016
Good day Mr. Kalan.
I intend to purchase the form when out but I have the following questions:
- any basic requirement for PT (Part time) MSc Economics such as work experience?
- is the admission requirement basically 2:2 ( second class lower) or 3:0 and above?
- also, how flexible is FT (Full Time) MSc Economics? I mean the lectures, does it run all days of the week?
Will appreciate your candid response. Thanks
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Destiny4fame(m): 4:57pm On Mar 01, 2016
hi,good evening....... I wanna make enquiry about the fee for masters in finance here......Thanks in anticipation
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Philip24: 8:14am On Mar 03, 2016
Morning Kalan,
I have been following your thread on the PG admission, Unilag. Please kindly help me with the combos that a graduate of International Relations can do in the areas of management/administration. So also the tuition fee and the hidden fee for both full time and part time. Acceptance fee and departmental fee. I have a year plus as per work experience.

Thanks in anticipation for your reply.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by umufarha(f): 1:28pm On Mar 03, 2016
Hello kellan I wish to apply for the next admission into Masters of Arts in History and Strategic Studies(fulltime). I want to know most importantly how much it will cost me altogether and when d next admission will be on. Tx in anticipation
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 7:28am On Mar 10, 2016
umufarha:
Hello kellan I wish to apply for the next admission into Masters of Arts in History and Strategic Studies(fulltime). I want to know most importantly how much it will cost me altogether and when d next admission will be on. Tx in anticipation

its 90k for the fees and the next admission will be in december 2016. the form will start selling in MAYjune
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 7:40am On Mar 10, 2016
Philip24:
Morning Kalan,
I have been following your thread on the PG admission, Unilag. Please kindly help me with the combos that a graduate of International Relations can do in the areas of management/administration. So also the tuition fee and the hidden fee for both full time and part time. Acceptance fee and departmental fee. I have a year plus as per work experience.

Thanks in anticipation for your reply.

for fees I think you can check the fees below post

http://careerplusonline.net/unilagpg/Tuitionfees

make your choice below and call me lets discuss it.

Bsc IRPM hot combo

plus MBA
plus MELS
plus MMP
plus ECONOMICS
plus MANAGEMENT
plus MPIA
plus MILR
plus ORGANIZAIONAL BEHAVIOUR
plus OPERATION RESEARCH
plus CONFLICT MANAGEMENT
plus MASTERS IN LEGAL STUDIES
plus MIRSS
PLUS Phylosophy
plus RISK MGT
plus Sociology
plus PGDE
plus Marketing
plus MILD
plus Masters In Criminology
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 7:41am On Mar 10, 2016
Destiny4fame:
hi,good evening....... I wanna make enquiry about the fee for masters in finance here......Thanks in anticipation

FT--> Its 75k
PT--> its 150k
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 7:45am On Mar 10, 2016
Bablarry:
Good day Mr. Kalan.
I intend to purchase the form when out but I have the following questions:
- any basic requirement for PT (Part time) MSc Economics such as work experience?
- is the admission requirement basically 2:2 ( second class lower) or 3:0 and above?
- also, how flexible is FT (Full Time) MSc Economics? I mean the lectures, does it run all days of the week?
Will appreciate your candid response. Thanks

Hello Bablarry.

to answer your questions.

1. no experience needed
2. basically 2:2
3. lectures is Mon to Friday- 9am-4pm, but some days just 2 lectures.

hope it helps
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 7:53am On Mar 10, 2016
fopdnewton:
KALAN Goodevening. I dont know why you keep ignoring my posts. it is well. I garduated with a 2.2 in Chemical Engineering, i want to do an MSc in Environmental Management. Any suggestions or better course that is available?

sorry Fopdnewton.

1. Environmental Management is not Msc but Masters- that means its a professional masters not academic

2. the requirement is 3rd class and you are qualified with 2:2

3, better course?

check out these combos:

Bsc Engineering Hot Combos

plus MBA
plus MIT
plus Pgd Finance
plus Dev Finance
plus Masters Risk Mgt
plus Masters Project Mgt
plus Masters Environmental Mgt
plus pdg Accounting
plus MGIT
plus Pgd Computer Science
plus Pgd Economics
plus Masters Process Engineering
plus Actuarial Science
plus Operations Research
plus Operations and Production Mgt
plus Organizational Behaviour
plus Geophysics
plus Masters Facility Mgt
plus MGIS
plus PGDE
plus Marketing/Sales
plus MURP
plus MTPM
plus Msc Engineering (Any dept)
plus Biotechnology
plus Biochemical Engineering
plus Petroleum and Gas Engineering
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 7:58am On Mar 10, 2016
Many people has been asking for my phone contact to reach me directly through calls or sms

I prefer to start a conversation with my clients first via my Blog.
If you need to contact me get my contacts via my blog below.

lets discuss.

Thanks
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 8:30am On Mar 10, 2016
teechudleyy:
Hello Kalan... i have an Hnd with an upper credit. Am eligible for Unilag Pgd in project management or construction tech/building studies.

Hi teechudleyy,

Yes you are eligible for Masters in Project Management MPM- But make sure you have some years of experience

for others you are not eligible.

Thanks
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by kalan: 8:31am On Mar 10, 2016
DEELOV:
@op, please what MSc programme is someone who finished from sociology unilag and also, am rounding up my nysc Batch A 2015,Am I eligible for 2016/2017 intake.

yes you are eligible
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by Bablarry(m): 11:09am On Mar 10, 2016
kalan:

Hello Bablarry.

to answer your questions.

1. no experience needed
2. basically 2:2
3. lectures is Mon to Friday- 9am-4pm, but some days just 2 lectures.

hope it helps

Thanks a lot.
Re: Unilag 2016 thread by GENERALCASHMIR(m): 1:06pm On Mar 13, 2016
Mr kelan,I graduated with a 2.2 economics,I want to enrol for this years msc program plss can you give me option to choose from,and d cost sire,and duration,ill be very grateful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (90) (Reply)

Unilag 2017 Thread / Am Having Issues With Wes / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.