Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! (1981 Views)

What Happened To This Woman After Accepting A Drink From An Ex / 10 Gifts To Get For Your Lady This Valentine Season / 10 Gifts To Get For Your Man This Valentine Season! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2009
Are there situations where you can accept any type of gift from guys/girls or are there some in which you just have to say no?

1. Do you accept gifts from guys/girls you can't date?

2. Do you accept expensive gifts from male/female friends?

3. Is it right to accept jewelries as presents from guys/girls who aren't your partners?

What gifts would you kindly recieve from a male/female friend? What others aren't you so pleasant with?
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by nguage(m): 10:15pm On Jun 09, 2009
Gift-giving and receiving are becoming complex acts where we need to think ahead like chess, signs that we need to do better. Every single one of us.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 09, 2009
I wouldn't accept jewelries from guys I can't date and from my male friends.

A thong from a guy who I am not dating is a no no.  shocked Is he saying he wants to ******?

I must think for more!  cheesy
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 09, 2009
Abeg, I accept gift from both sex. I have more gift cards in my purse than I can count.

It depends on what the gift is given for undecided
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by ThoniaSlim(f): 10:47pm On Jun 09, 2009
Personally I have my rules on accepting gifts. . .

Accepting gifts from any dude am not comfortable with is a No NO, even the so called ones that come with the friendship trick! (And when I mean comfortable, we've been dating for a while) !
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by iice(f): 4:37am On Jun 10, 2009
I don't accept gifts unless its food cool

michelin89:

Are there situations where you can accept any type of gift from guys/girls or are there some in which you just have to say no?

Food is the only thing i can accept from just anyone

michelin89:

1. Do you accept gifts from guys/girls you can't date?

No, unless again it's food grin

michelin89:

3. Is it right to accept jewelries as presents from guys/girls who aren't your partners?

Well unless he's a really good friend (even that sef go hard me, it took my ex 2 years to disturb me to just accept a pendant grin)

michelin89:

What gifts would you kindly recieve from a male/female friend? What others aren't you so pleasant with?

Food but if he's a good friend, perfume i can handle.  Same for the women.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by na2day2(m): 2:21am On Jun 11, 2009
hmmm, i can give gifts to very close friends but i generally dont accept gifts from girls, it makes life a little easier
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by C2H5OH(f): 2:23am On Jun 11, 2009
it's a shame i give too easily. need to stop it.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by na2day2(m): 2:28am On Jun 11, 2009
C2H5OH:

yup, life can teach us hard stuff even when we r nice
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 11, 2009
C2H5OH:

I think we should meet then. No no, its not a shame cheesy cheesy

na2day?:

hmmm, i can give gifts to very close friends but i generally dont accept gifts from girls, it makes life a little easier
What if the girl is a close friend?
I dnt accept gift that's given for certain reasons. I mean, if all your friends are giving you gifts during a celebration or so, would you say "No, since you're a girl, I won't take yours. Next"?
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by na2day2(m): 2:37am On Jun 11, 2009
FL Gators:

I think we should meet then. No no, its not a shame cheesy cheesy
What if the girl is a close friend?
I dnt accept gift that's given for certain reasons. I mean, if all your friends are giving you gifts during a celebration or so, would you say "No, since you're a girl, I won't take yours. Next"?

well, i am not a big party persin in the 1st place, usually i dont throw parties in the name of my birthday, i can count how many times i have done that; but if i am invited to a party i carry gifts period. i try to avoid a girl's gift though, nothing serious but it helps me to make my life simple.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by C2H5OH(f): 2:43am On Jun 11, 2009
na2day?:

yup, life can teach us hard stuff even when we r nice
yeah i feel ya. i have had to learn this the hard way.

love must be established first. the gifts can come later.

would be happier giving to someone i love who loves me back. no regrets.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 2:43am On Jun 11, 2009
na2day?:

well, i am not a big party persin in the 1st place, usually i dont throw parties in the name of my birthday, i can count how many times i have done that; but if i am invited to a party i carry gifts period. i try to avoid a girl's gift though, nothing serious but it helps me to make my life simple.
People actually throw party for themselves?
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by na2day2(m): 2:45am On Jun 11, 2009
C2H5OH:

yeah i feel ya. i have had to learn this the hard way.

love must be established first. the gifts can come later.

would be happier giving to someone i love who loves me back. no regrets.

word bro, word smiley smiley smiley

FL Gators:

People actually throw party for themselves?

what planet do u live on? undecided undecided
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 2:47am On Jun 11, 2009
Ppl usually throw parties for me. . . .Yes, I know what they're doing/ cuz they ask me to plan along/ ask me how it should be and so.

Have I actally ever gotten out of bed and say "Hm, what shall I do today? Oh I KNOW!! Plan myself a party"? Ehrrm no
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 2:49am On Jun 11, 2009
Am I the only one who thinks the worst paties are Nigerian made ones?

If you're looking for a bunch of hungry ppl, go to a Nigerian party.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by na2day2(m): 3:02am On Jun 11, 2009
FL Gators:

i know right grin grin grin
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Diva1(f): 8:36am On Jun 11, 2009
I accept gifts from everyone and anyone, that's why they are gifts but one gift in particular I would not from any man other than my own man wink wink Lingerie or intimates, a no no, i would know he has something in mind. smiley
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by chukz4real(m): 9:41am On Jun 11, 2009
Accept gift from a lady? No way. I was once slapped way back in school by a classmate soleley because she borrowed me some money to pay for my off-campus accomodation which I repaid though. The dude grew annoyed cos she saw a lady in my room and gave me hottest slap of the year right in middle of the institution. Jesus wept!

Anyway, if na my gal I go collect sha. But no gift from my gal go dey more than her love towards me oooooo. lipsrsealed
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by iice(f): 12:25pm On Jun 11, 2009
FL Gators:

Not the ones i go to shocked shocked But then again i know some really crazy people cheesy

FL Gators:

You can't blame us na, we like food grin grin I almost got squished once when these humongous men were running to the table to get their poundo shocked grin

Diva1:

I accept gifts from everyone and anyone, that's why they are gifts but one gift in particular I would not from any man other than my own man wink wink Lingerie or intimates, a no no, i would know he has something in mind. smiley

Some gifts come with strings attached.  .  .they are payments/bribes/entrapment in the guise of gifts grin grin
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by LadyT(f): 12:33pm On Jun 11, 2009
I give very freely with no hidden motive I like making people happy.
I find it hard to accept gifts though I always worry someone will hold it over my head.
People think its me being proud its not I just hate drama.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by bee22(f): 2:11pm On Jun 11, 2009
i only collect gifts that i can afford, Know peeps that be collecting gifts of 500k and a millie and such from persons they don't even want to go out with, me i no fit oh.
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by na2day2(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2009
LadyT:

I give very freely with no hidden motive I like making people happy.
I find it hard to accept gifts though I always worry someone will hold it over my head.
People think its me being proud its not I just hate drama.

i feel u on that one
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2009
iice:

Not the ones i go to shocked shocked But then again i know some really crazy people cheesy
LOL, They're CRAZY aiight

iice:

You can't blame us na, we like food grin grin I almost got squished once when these humongous men were running to the table to get their poundo shocked grin
rotflmao. You're not serious cheesy
Re: Accepting Gifts And Choosing The Gifts To Accept! by netotse(m): 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
i dont give easily o. . .i can buy cookies, ice cream(generally spend money on u)etc easily but to give u somefink that u can point to years later and mention my name, thats not happening o!

but generally sha i dont think its right to accept an expensive gift cept on really really special occasions [size=5pt]like getting out of bed on the right side[/size] grin

and i've heard it said that perfume is a sensitive gift(dont know how true)

(1) (Reply)

Facebook And Pinging During Conversation. / Ladies Do You Like It When Your Boyfriend/husband Loose Or Plait Your Hair / Your Advice For Women Who Hit A Certain Age And Are Desperate To Get Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.