Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,527 members, 7,808,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:15 PM

Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (8877 Views)

The Irresistible Arrest (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / Religion Jingoism (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) / More Than A Friend (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hurklan(m): 2:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
next plz
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
FOURTEEN

"Ope, Ope! Opeyemi!!" I opened my eyes and saw my mom well/fully dressed standing beside my bed:

Mom: Sorry for waking you, I know you will be tired/weak.

I: Oh! It's morning. Good morning ma.

Mom: How are you my dear? (All these Yoruba appraisal followed and lasted for minutes). The reason I woke you is, water is somehow scarce here lately, you will have to fetch water before you bathe, dont touch the little I have at home.

I: Alright ma.

Mom: I'm off to shop, you can come later in the day so that you'll buy your foodstuffs and others.

I: OK ma.

She left me at home and went to shop. Before I even remembered to pray, Deborah's thought rushed into my mind again, I searched for my phone and tried her number but it was still switched off, I looked at the wall clock the time was 09:17am, I stood up, did some necessary chores and left for David's house, I explained what happened between Deborah and I last night to him and all he could say is "that's lady for you", he told me to keep calling her number til I would be able to reach her, her number was until off till 12:30pm, I left David and went to mom's shop...
***fast forward***

On my way coming from field in the evening I tried Deborah's number again, it was ringing... "oh! Thank God" I said lowly, the phone rang but nobody was picking the call until the second time;

Deb: Hello Ope.

I: Ah Debby! It is not good like this o. Why have you been unreachable since last night? I even went to your mom's shop but I met it locked, you really scared me.

Deb: Hmmmmmm like you care.

I: Come on! Stop being rude. Dont take my emotion for granted. Of course I so much care. So, what was wrong with your number?

Deb: Errm... I feel like telling you I'm sorry for how I behaved last night but I wont. (Smiles)

I: OK. No problem. Why was your number not reachable since?

Deb: Actually, you made me angry last nigh, so I decided to off my phone since tears were just rushing out of my eyes. (silence)

I: (in my mind, is it up to that?) Tears? Ah! Deborah I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry.

Deb: I dont want to hear that, I'm now the trouble you're avoiding intentionally of course.

I: Hmmmmmm Deborah, what are you insinuating now.?

"One minute remaining" the automated voice alerted me, I quickly ended the call with the thought that she would call back immediately, I looked back and saw David behind me;

I: I thought you were at the front.

David: And now, you found me here, listening to your conversation with Debby County. You know what, I dont know why I have this feeling that she's the one you're gonna marry legally.

I: Hmmmmmm Me too.

David: Really? (Yelled). For the first time, you confessed.

I: No, it's not like that, I was thinking it was mere likeness until it refused to fade away, even if it seems fading it'd resurface again and again, imagine, since SS1, now 400L.

David: Exactly my point of view. But what about those cultist threatening you and the girl?

I: That's another obstruction which is the toughest of all.

David: You never date her, you don dey chop blow, we never grind beans finish, moi-moi don dey smell.

I: (smiles)

David: Is true naw, I can imagine what'll happen to you if you dare move closer to her which will happen if you start dating her.

I: Hmmmmmm as you do say, this matter is honestly Taribo (terrible). It is time to approach it spiritually.

David: Confirm!

I: Noooooo... I mean, I wanna start reporting to God.

David: OK o. Of course He can do it. I pray it works for your because I wanna do best man on your wedding day. Why am I even wishing when I'm already the best man. (Lol)

I: (forming the-bridegroom)

We continued to chitchat about the ball we played, he saw me off home and told me he would be going very early the next morning, we shook hands and departed.

As I placed my leg on the step at the entrance of the house, Deborah's call entered;

I: Sorry, for the other time, my call card finished.

Deb: It's no problem. I should have called you back since but I was not having call card, I just got now. So, where are you?

I: I just came from field now, I'm at the entrance of the house, about to enter.

Deb: Guys and football.

I: Ladies and guys. (Lol)

Deb: (lol) what do you mean. I dont follow guys joo. You missed it. (Lol) please let's chat on WhatsApp naw... please dont say you're busy pleassssse...

I: Errm... OK. I'll log in immediately.

Deb: Alright boss, thanks.

I sent her "bae" and in few seconds, I got response;

Deb: Boo (smiles)

Deb: So, when I off my phone last night, I later slept off, early this morning, mummy woke me that we had to rush to somewhere urgently with my elder sister, I had to rush while dressing up, I forgot my phone at home not knowing that we would stay there that long, it is not up to 3 minutes I on the phone that I got your call.

I: And why did you end the conversation that way and switched off your phone?

Deb: See me that decided last night that I wont even talk to you again, now chatting with you comfortably. (Lol)

I: (smiles) I'll be right back please, my mom called. I rushed to meet mom.

I: Ma. You called me.

Mom: When did you say you would be going back to school?
I: Early tomorrow morning ni ma.

Mom: But why not wait til Friday? I'm just feeling like you should not go tomorrow.

I: Hmmmmmm... mummy... mummy. The Lord is my shepherd joo. Dont worry ma, just pray for me.

Mom: You wont go very early then, after all I've not gone to withdraw the money I want to give you.

I: Oh, Yea. I'll be going later in the day then.

Mom: That's all I want to tell you.

I returned to the chat with Deborah.

I: I'm back.

Deb: Mom's pet. You went to suck breasts Abi? (Winks)

I: (smiles) na you sabi. You cant imagine what mom just told me now.

Deb: She said you are not going back tomorrow again.

I: (surprise emojie) You be witch o. How did you know? I fear you o.

Deb: Dont tell me I guessed right o,

I: Absolutely right.

Deb: Wow! And I just said my own ni o. But why naw? Wont we go together again?

I: I told her I would still go but not early in the morning again and she accepted.

Deb: I'll still wait for you, even though we're still quarrelling. (Lol)

I: (lol) It's not possible to quarrel with someone like you. (Winks)

Deborah and I continued the chat til late in the night, it got to a time that I had to hide offline so as to reply some other messages especially group messages, I later concluded the activities for the day, I closed my eyes to pray about the deadly gang, I didn't know what to say in prayer, I began to sing worship songs till I slept off.

T.B.C
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by marz007(m): 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bros, u too much........ cant stop laughing

BTW, Merry Xmas

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:16pm On Dec 26, 2015
FIFTEEN

On Thursday morning, I was sitting outside the house Google-searching some things on the net and waiting for my mom to return from bank so that I could be on my way. I received a WhatsApp message from David;

David: Guy, what's the name of that cult threatening you and your wife?

I: Wetin you wan use their name do? You wan compose cult anthem for them? Abi you wan tell you dad?

David: Tell my dad bawo? Me wey don reach school since 9:40am.

I: Na flight!? Me still dey house o, still dey await money.

David: Abeg, wetin be the cult name na?

I: OK, I think they're called "Deadly" or so.

David: Correct! Go check Nairaland homepage.

I: They wan attack Nairaland too?

David: No joo. They don kill 26 out of those guys and arrested others.

I: (exclaimed) You dont mean it! Be right back.

I quickly rushed to Nairaland and saw the breaking news posted by Lalasticlala "Military men attack some suspected cult members known as DEADLY, kill some, arrest others".

Out of curiosity, I clicked on the headline;

"According to the news that reached us from some eye witnesses, the cult members were on their way to a town in Ipokia local govt in pursuit of someone.

The army men intentionally waited for them here which seems they've known/heard about them. The gunshot began as the military men blocked the main road not allowing the cultists' bus to find its way, about 26 of them were killed as none of them attempted to run away, instead they faced the military men, returning bullets. Others were later out of bullets which made them to want to run away but they were all captured by our gallant men in khaki"

I was smiling as I was reading the good news, I rushed back to WhatsApp;

I: Guy, wow! They caught the guys last last.

David: I wonder what you always do on Nairaland without discovering better breaking news always posted by that guy Abi na robot self? I mean Lalasticlala.

I: (lol) You no lie jare. Sometimes I use to doubt the guy being human.

David: I know, you're always on sexuality section reading Onihaxy story and masturbating along with every update, idiat of the week. Better change your ways maybe you can make our heaven.

I: Lol. David, I'm happy o. I think the coat is clear now. (Wink emojie)

David: hahahaha.. I pity you, if I see you nigh Deborah ehn, they no fit kill us finish o, I mean we Deadly. (Tongue out)

I: Why you con dey whine me naw?

David: Haha... the itiod don dey fear. See, even though I'm sure it cant be all of them they captured, you're very free now because they caught their so called number one.

I: Yea, (winks) let me call the girl self. Be right back.

I tried Deborah's number, I got number busy, I tried again some minutes later and was still number busy, "what's this girl discussing on phone with who gan self" I asked myself as I kept dialing again and again, she later picked up;

Deb: Opeyemi? (Shows she's excited) I've a good news.

I: (already knew it's about the deadly) Good news? OK tell me.

Deb: I just finished speaking with my uncle on phone now, he told me that Mr Goodwin's guys have captured those deadly guys on their way to maybe here.

I: Yeh!!! Coming to where, so they were actually coming here,? Probably tracing us right?

Deb: Maybe yes.

I: Blood of Jesus! I've never been threatened by cultists before, I never knew they can go to any length to achieve their aim even because of little matter like this.

Deb: Am wondering too. Thank God we've not left home, maybe we would have jammed them on our way, since we're the ones they were tracing, who knows.

I: Yes o. Is God that used my mom to delay us. Thank God o, in fact, I'm happy.

I raised my head, saw my mom coming,

Deb: Aren't you ready yet? I'll soon be on my way to your place.

I: You can start coming, I'm through.

We ended the chat, I followed my mom in, arranged my loads, I didn't tell her anything about the incident to avoid fear, she prayed for me as usual, and later saw me off to where I would take bike to park, I told her to go back home that I'll be fine, we hugged and she returned back home. In the next eleven minutes, bike dropped Deborah, I told the bike man to wait, I called another one, we both left. On our way to Sango, when we got to Owode, I tapped Deborah that was already leaning on me sleeping, to watch the road sides maybe we could see where the collision took place, I kept watching the roadsides, we got to a place where people gathered in groups, it seemed that's the place, I tapped Deborah and pointed out, some of the passengers that heard about the fight began to talk about it, that made me to confirm that it was the place.
***fast forward***

We got to where we were to take different busses, she started acting funny as if she does not want to leave me, I felt like not leaving her too though but I didn't have a choice, I pulled get closer and kissed her forehead, then whispered "the next two months is your birthday, I'll come to anywhere you're willing to celebrate it". She looked up in amazement and hugged me tight, people around started gazing at us, I followed her to the bus she was to enter and went back to my own. I slept throughout my remaining journey.

I got home, opened my door, dropped my bags and others, "why is everywhere quiet like this?" I asked myself as I went to check Kendo's room, I knocked and got no response, I opened the door and discovered that Kendo, Lola and Jectives have slept very deep, there was a laptop before them playing one Korean movie, "This movie must be very boring for them to sleep and left it like this" I off the system and went back to my room. The Abeokuta life continued.

T.B.C
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ademoladeji(m): 4:32am On Dec 27, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Now that the food is ready, I can honourably call my e-folks;

Onihaxy cool

YoungestMuller smiley

AdemolaDeji smiley

Horlabode tongue

My sis in the Lord cheesy VeroVera wink

PastorAji

PsalmWise

RitaBabe

Tolajumoke

Aipete2

Eraly undecided

Oyind17 (see moniker like yahoo password) grin

KingPhilip

Vonn

CherryBrown

BeeBeeOoh

WristBangles

Tosyne2much

To avoid being banned by the Nairaland robot, I wont be able to mention many monikers in a post, kindly mention your friends. Thanks

Baboooo!!!

I double-sight you brov!!!

Compliments
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:32am On Dec 27, 2015
Hawlahscho:
Now that the food is ready, I can honourably call my e-folks;

Onihaxy cool

YoungestMuller smiley

AdemolaDeji smiley

Horlabode tongue

My sis in the Lord cheesy VeroVera wink

PastorAji

PsalmWise

RitaBabe

Tolajumoke

Aipete2

Eraly undecided

Oyind17 (see moniker like yahoo password) grin

KingPhilip

Vonn

CherryBrown

BeeBeeOoh

WristBangles

Tosyne2much

To avoid being banned by the Nairaland robot, I wont be able to mention many monikers in a post, kindly mention your friends. Thanks

I zoom u padi mi, me don gum here..

As d food don ready, Eniqurl, Danyel09, liljboy, imoy make una cum to d dinning..
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 2:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
SIXTEEN

A day before Deborah's birthday I called her to know how and where she was going to celebrate it, she told me she would tell me the next day (her birthday). Her call woke me up the next day;

Deb: Good morning Ope, I'll be visiting you today, hope you're not having any visitor.

I: Ah why here? Aren't you organizing a party? I was thinking you would organize a party.

Deb: What's ah,? Are you expecting anybody today?

I: Noooooo. Nobody, no where to go self except choir rehearsal by 3pm. So, when should I be expecting you?

Deb: I'm already dressed up, can I start coming? And, I'll be leaving tomorrow morning o.

I: No problem, start coming.

I ended the call. I rushed off bed to tidy up the room, changed bed-sheet, and dusted necessary angles, I went to inform Jectives and Kendo that my girlfriend would arrive here any moment from now, they were not that astonished as expected maybe Kendo has told them that I'm hiding a lady or probably dating secretly, "we'll be expecting her" Lola answered while Kendo was just smiling as he was playing Zuma on PC.

In a jiffy, I was done with chores, I prepared a delicious vegetables soup and was intending to make Semolina, Deborah called that she was almost in Abeokuta, I dashed to the bathroom to take my bath and freshen up, I put on a V-neck white T-shirt on green super eagles knickers, my phone began to ring again, I picked up;

Deb: I'm at camp, come and pick me.

I ended the call without responding, I took one of my trousers and rushed down to the park.

Deborah was putting on a red trousers under a white top that looks like a gown but shorter than a gown, a white wrist watch and white footwear.

"Wow! Sumptuous!" I said immediately I saw her, I signalled to her from not too far as I was moving closer, we met at the halfway, I fully hugged her, with my hand still on her shoulder I told her; "Happy Birthday", I carried her bag as we trekked home, I kept staring at her beauty while I told her several times that she is beautiful and I love her outfit, she would smile and say thank you. We got home, she went to sit on my neatly laid bed as she was busy complaining about the long staircase we climbed up, I bought a bottle of Malt for her from Mummy Al-ameen (a neighbour) downstairs, I checked Kendo's room and found nobody, I returned to my room, sat on the chair I used for reading, she chitchatted me for like 5 minutes, I opened my wardrobe and brought out a pink pouch for her phone and white bikini, I moved to the bed, sat beside her and presented the gifts to her;

Deb: Wow! I so much love them, I really appreciate this, thanks so much, God bless you more. (Smiles and hugs)

I: You're more than that dear.

Deb: (smiles)

I: And secondly, Debby I want us to continue our love since we're both singles, I want you as my girlfriend and future partner, you're who/what I desire, my love for you is unconditional, I never learnt to love you I just find myself loving you, I......

She stood up with disappointed face, moved some steps backward, I was already confused if I had said something wrong due to the expression on her face, she looked at my face, smiled and threw herself to me on the bed and sealed my mouth with passionate kiss, I could feel some sensation sparking through my veins like electric current flowing, the kissing, caressing, smooching, wrapping, cuddling, continued for like ten minutes before she stopped, looked into my eyes; "Yes yes yes!" That's my response, I'm not supposed to tell you "No", I'm fully ready to be yours (smiles), but Ope mi, dont dare commit murder by leaving me later or sooner, continue to be who I fall in love with, treat me like a queen as you use to, and please dont do what I wont do, dont cheat on me.

I was about to talk when she held my lips with two fingers, our lips found one another again, the kiss and the romance were more passionate than earlier, I was already feeling some pain on the "down-below" due to the trousers blocking the hard-on, she was moving rhythmically on me, I slid my left hand under her top from behind to unhook her bra while my other hand was manipulating are "boot", I located the bra hook and was about to do the needful skillfully when I heard knock on my door; "Henry Henry" It was Jectives voice, "I'm coming" I responded and stood up, Deborah sat up, arranged herself and started laughing and pointing to the rise in my trousers trying to spoil the zip, I smiled, returned to the bed, carried a pillow to cover it then told her to open the door for Jectives... Jectives, Kendo and Lola walked in with smiles on their faces, "Thiery Henry!" Kendo hailed.

I: Errm... (smiles) OK. Deborah, these are my close friends I use to tell you about.

I pointed to Lola

Lola: I'm Lola and here beside me is... (Jectives cut in)

Jectives: Shhh... dont introduce me, let me do that myself. (Smiles)

Errm... I'm Great Sir Jectives, the assistant landlord of this house.

We all laughed, "let the landlord catch you" I said.

Deb: (smiling) (pointing to Kendo) And you must be Kendo, am I right?

Kendo: Absolutely! Can you guys see now, I'm the only one she recognizes without intro, over famous just dey worry me, but you didn't call the full name, I'm Dat-Kendo-C, the only Kendo that exists on planes earth, the......
(I cut in)

I: ...the I'm that I'm, the lion of Judah, the omnipresence and omniscience, the beginning and the end, the king of kings... Abi? Guy, you too dey talk. Haba!

Jectives and Lola: Hahahaha tell am abeg.

I: So, guys, here is Deborah my girlfriend. (Smiles)

Kendo: Hmmmmmm at last, the babe behind your happiness surfaced.

Deb: (smiles) nice meeting you guys indeed.

They exchanged handshake, Kendo went to open my pot.

Kendo: Hmmmmmm that's the only thing he knows how to do, FFO. See correct soup sha, if I no chop out of this one, make my papa call me on phone.

Jectives winked to me as they were leaving the room, Deborah went to check the soup;

Deb: Hmmmmmm it looks fine, I pray it's delicious (smiles)

I: If you taste that soup, you'll propose to me instantly. (Lol)

Deb: (went to pick a small spoon) That means there is love portion in the soup (lol). Lest I forget, I wont be going tomorrow again, I'll wait til Monday morning.

I: (Happy) Any day you feel like leaving baby. (She tasted the soup)

Deb: Hmmmmmm (smiling) you tried, of course I give you 8/10 (winks)

I: (lol) I fear your marking guide o.

We both laughed, Deborah and I discussed so many things, she prepared Semolina, Kendo came in with a big spoon and a plate when we were eating, "what's this guy up to" I asked in my mind, if Deborah was not there I would not have allowed him to take the soup himself, I kept watching him, he took the first panmo and took fish again, I stood up, he quickly returned the fish and laughed, "mad guy, he wan give me John Cena smack down because of fish", he left the room, "dont come back o" I said and joined Deborah to continue eating, we finished eating, Deborah changed her trousers to a pair of knickers that's just some inches longer that bum-shot, she changed the shirt to my super eagles Jersey, she went straight to the door and locked from behind then returned to bed, we began to............
***fast forward***

I slept off. I later woke up and discovered she was shirtless, she was lying perpendicular to my direction with her head on my bare chest while her face was facing my jaw, she supported her head with her right hand while her left palm was on my right thigh which made her left elbow to be exactly on my "down-below", I gently replaced myself with a pillow, looked at her face, she was still sleeping, I stood up checked time, it was past 4pm, "Oh! I've missed choir rehearsal" I said, I went to brush my teeth again, returned to the room to meet Deborah awake;

I: Debby I've missed choir rehearsal, this is past 4pm.

Deb: Eeya, maybe you should rush since your church is not far or you should just forget today's rehearsal.

I: I think I'll forget it, but it's just that I wont be able to minister with them tomorrow. Anyway, no problem since I've not been missing before.

I: Wont you stand and let's stroll out?

Deb: Where should we go?

I: I suggest stadium.

Deb: Owk, oya come and carry me. (Winks)

I approached the bed and carried her as she was smiling, her dangling boobs were attracting my eyes but I ignored by the help of holy spirit.

Deborah and I later went to M.K.O stadium, we took pictures, ate, had fun til around 20 mins to 7pm;

I: Traffic will finish us today, this is 6:40pm and we're still going to camp this evening... we go hear am.

Deb: And we'll take bike. What about that?

I: Oh! Yea, you're right.

We left the stadium some minutes to 7pm, we got home exactly 25 mins to 8pm, I went straight to bed while Deborah warmed the soup and boiled rice,
***fast forward***

4pm after church on Sunday, Deborah demanded to visit Olumo rock, I loved the idea too but I didn't have money to sponsor us, I told her I dont have money to take her there that day, maybe some other time, she voluntarily sponsored our visit to Olumo, the fun there was outstanding, I was just feeling like I was with a queen, I enjoyed every second with Deborah. We returned back home before 8pm, we were both tired yet that didn't stop Deborah from jumping all over me on bed before we finally slept, it started to rain around 9:20pm when we were about to sleep, the breeze emanating from the rainfall plus the warm breeze emitting from Deborah's body made the equation of the temperature to be completely balance, that conducive moment sent some series of sweet sensation to my medulla oblongata which made me to experience what I called "romantic amnesia" for some period of time because I totally forgot everything happening on the planet earth as the feeling I was feeling then is the feeling you feel when you feel the feeling you're feeling is the feeling you've never felt before, indeed it was a celestial feeling. The next day, Deborah went back to school.

T.B.C
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Mindfrick(m): 11:49pm On Jan 01, 2016
I just de follow like... love de follow u!!
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by naftos(f): 7:46pm On Jan 05, 2016
Happy new yr @ Hawlahsco. Pls continue the good work we r enjoying it
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2016
naftos:

I wish you d same sis.
Thanks,

***typing***
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Carlson001(m): 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hawlahscho:
***typing***
Thank God oo

1 Like

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by maestrodavy(m): 3:57am On Jan 10, 2016
biggie papa..thumbz up....ur story..I gbadun am
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by virtuedagirl(f): 1:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
nice piece. abeg keep d updates coming
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ritababe(f): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
grin
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
ritababe:
grin
Lol
which of them are you advertising?? cheesy Close up or Oral B cheesy
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:46pm On Jan 10, 2016
ritababe:
grin
Lol
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 5:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
now Typing the last chapter after a long intentional pause, thinking no one was reading.

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by ritababe(f): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Hawlahscho:

Lol
maclean

1 Like

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
SEVENTEEN

Stopping watch/clock is possible but never can anyone stop time. Time and tide wait for man as my secondary school anthem goes, so making hay while sun shines is the best thing humans can do.
Seconds moved fast and before I knew it, two years have gone, Lola served Nigeria in Bauchi state, Kendo served in Ibadan, Jectives in Ilorin, I was lucky enough to be posted to Surulere, Lagos. My relationship with Deborah is the smoothest ever, we hardly had argument, it gets stronger by day, I could see my wife in her without any pastor telling me, all I wanted in a wife was what Deborah got.

The telecommunication company I served under promised to employ me fully after my service just because I worked with them vigorously, that's when I realized that those who pursue convenience will never taste the height of excellence. David has become a well known comedian in the country, he works with a popular radio station and anchors about four programmes in a week.

I got a mail from the telecommunication company to resume work as their permanent DBA (Database Admin), I was so happy, I told Deborah who just finished her final year exam, she was extremely excited;

Deb: This deserves a celebration dear.

I: Yea, my plan is to organize an Old-friends party at the beach.

Within three days, I've contacted most of my secondary school friends and assigned Taofeeq to do the same as I know he would do it perfectly, almost all of them promised to be there, most importantly to reconnect with the friends they've lost their contacts, Taofeeq was appointed as the MC of the day.

It was a day to Deborah's birthday, the party was to start by 3:30pm, everyone was already around drinking and greeting one-another, exchanging numbers again, Deborah has not set her eyes on me at the small get-together, she has called me several times to ask of my whereabout, I told her I would be there soon, the time was now 4:30pm, an hour gone, as planed, David grabbed the mic and began to talk;

David: Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! This is wonderful, in fact it's 'ten-derfuls'. I'm very sure that almost half of the population here knows the exact reason we're here today while the remaining half knows another reason entirely.

David: Well! Well!! Well!!! The main reason this party was organized is for our assistant senior prefect girl back then in secondary school, Deborah!!!!

(Deborah began to wonder what was going on, how an Old-friend get-together could be organized because of her)

David: Deborah, can you please step forward?

(I peeped from where I was hiding and saw Deborah standing on the stage confused, facing David the MC)

I came out from behind her on wheel chair, on seeing me, she ran towards me in slow motion, she went down before me and asked with care showing all over her face, "Ope mi, what happened to you?" Without saying a word, I pointed to the direction of David, she looked back and saw Joe, Felix and Quazeem holding a white banner that is 10ft×13ft height and width respectively, they unfolded the banner and spread it up, on the banner was beautifully printed a question "WILL YOU MARRY HENRY?" She was emotionally overwhelmed, as she turned back to my direction with slow motion, other friends were clapping, she found me on a kneel before her holding a golden ring, "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" I asked with a heart-melting smile on my face, Deborah was smiling as tears were dropping off her eyes, she opened mouth to respond when I felt like someone was hitting my face with book. "Pa! Pa! Pa! Who are you marrying Opeyemi?" I opened my sleepy eyes and found myself on a three-sitters cushion chair and my sister standing before me holding books, then I fully gained consciousness that after my WAEC and the computer school, I relocated to my sister's place who got married not too long.

Sister: Ope, here are the Jamb past questions you to me to buy for you last week, besides, who were you proposing to in your dream?

I was totally dumb, I began to talk in my mind;

"Noooooo... nobody should tell me that I've been dreaming all this while... No no no it cant be dream... who is Lola? Who is Jectives? Even Kendo... OMG! I've been dreaming!?... So, I never entered FUNAAB?... As in, Stephanie, Grace, Peace, and others are just crazy illusion ?" I looked at my sister, she was looking at me as if I had gone mad, I asked her with pity face, "haven't I entered FUNAAB?" She laughed and sat beside me, "Ope, narrate the whole dream to me" I summarized the dream to her, she burst into laughter again.

Sister: Now, I know your problem, you have placed this admission of a thing on your mind more than anything else, see yourself now, you've graduated without starting, (she laughed again), you got a job and nearly got married in the same dream, haba! Ope! So, assuming I didn't come back this early, maybe you would have given birth in your dream (she laughed out loud again), see ehn, in this life if you like dream of anything, that doesn't change the God's plan for your life, the fact still remains the same, exactly QUE SERA, SERA (WHAT WILL BE, WILL BE).

Now, these are the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry past questions you requested for, the earlier you start reading for JAMB the better you perform. (She looked at my sobered face and laughed)

Sister: Sorry dear, I pray your dreams come true.

She left me in the sitting room and went inside to drop her bag.

I: (looked around) Kendo? Lola? Jectives? Chai!!! This is an award winning dream!

I packed my books, stood up and accepted my fate. In a louder voice I exclaimed "QUE SERA, SERA!".

THE END.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:45pm On Jan 10, 2016
Dear readers, I really appreciate your time, criticism and corrections, dont be stingy after reading, mention at least three friends to come and read as well, thanks as you do.

My next story is Religion Jingoism all about crime, family, love and religion.

Ajibola Olasunkanmi Opeyemi 2016.

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Carlson001:
Thank God oo
grin
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
virtuedagirl:
nice piece. abeg keep d updates coming

OK ma. Mention three friends wink
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 8:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
naftos:

Thanks for enjoying it. invite your friends as well. smiley
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by naftos(f): 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
wot an interesting story! More grease to ur elbow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Odochime(m): 7:51am On Jun 26, 2017
U just became my new favorite, great story. Pls mention when u start the new one

1 Like

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2017
Odochime:
U just became my new favorite, great story. Pls mention when u start the new one
Thanks man! Check my signature.
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2017
smileyNice one dear. just joined nairaland. pls always mention my name when u update. more knowledge
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 12:17pm On Jul 11, 2017
Odunayomitide:
smiley Nice one dear. just joined nairaland. pls always mention my name when u update. more knowledge

Uwlcm ma'am. I'm happy to have you onboard smiley
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hawlahscho:

Uwlcm ma'am. I'm happy to have you onboard smiley
Thanks
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by Hawlahscho(m): 7:28am On Mar 27, 2018
GeniusHawlah
Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by harjibolar10(m): 10:31am On Mar 30, 2018
Hawlahscho:
GeniusHawlah
Ayam not disappointed coming here thou...

By, why do I keep thinking that, your moniker is not something I am seeing for the first time?

Well, whichever way, you've done a wandaful work here.

You know, it doesn't even cross my mind that, this story could be dream ehn, cos it was too real...

You be the boss anyways

Weldone Namesake!!!!

1 Like

Re: Que Sera, Sera (A Story By Olasunkanmi Ajibola) by GeniusHawlah(m): 10:56am On Mar 31, 2018
harjibolar10:
Ayam not disappointed coming here thou...

By, why do I keep thinking that, your moniker is not something I am seeing for the first time?

Well, whichever way, you've done a wandaful work here.

You know, it doesn't even cross my mind that, this story could be dream ehn, cos it was too real...

You be the boss anyways

Weldone Namesake!!!!

Thanks for reading bro. I'm glad you weren't disappointed.
About the moniker, I own the two (Hawlahscho and GeniusHawlah)
I'll be writing with this one now, Hawlahscho is therefore reserved. grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Receives UN Global Leadership Award / TÉLLÀ ( A Paranormal Story) / Who Is Your Favorite Poet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 147
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.