Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,362 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? (742 Views)

I Don’t Understand Why People Still Eat Isi Ewu - Oluwo Oba Akanbi / You Guys Thoughts On Growing Movement Of African-americans Practicing Ifa? / * Happy Birthday To You Guys * (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by Fulaman198(m): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2015
This is a Fulfulde video in our local Adamawaare dialect. It's pretty funny, it's about the education of a girl whose name is Fanta. Please let me know what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlSmTviLat4

1 Like

Re: Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by Omarbah: 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
I understand it, althought in some passages I get lost. The more I listen to videos on fulfulde, the better my understanding. The ears need to get used to the prononciations.
I have seen this video before, dom't know if it was from nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by Omarbah: 7:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
Their hand gestures and the drama from the mother is exactly the same as fulbe from Guinea lol. As you would say, Pullo fof ko Pullo.

1 Like

Re: Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by GorkoSusaay: 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2015
Hayyo Fulaman,
The accent is different but I suppose that is to be expected. I'm watching it right now and I understand some sections of the dialogue. I never talked to someone speaking the Adamaware type of Fulaani. Probably, will have to adapt to some of the expressions, as said by Omar Bah.

By the way, what is the meaning of "Toh"? I've seen you write that word.

1 Like

Re: Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by Fulaman198(m): 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
GorkoSusaay:
Hayyo Fulaman,
The accent is different but I suppose that is to be expected. I'm watching it right now and I understand some sections of the dialogue. I never talked to someone speaking the Adamaware type of Fulaani. Probably, will have to adapt to some of the expressions, as said by Omar Bah.

By the way, what is the meaning of "Toh"? I've seen you write that word.

Toh can mean ok or if. I hope that you enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by Fulaman198(m): 11:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
Omarbah:
Their hand gestures and the drama from the mother is exactly the same as fulbe from Guinea lol. As you would say, Pullo fof ko Pullo.

Indeed lol we are all the same or alternatively, Pullo fu na Pullo

2 Likes

Re: Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by GorkoSusaay: 12:24am On Dec 25, 2015
Fulaman198:

Toh can mean ok or if I hope that you enjoy it.

A jaraama cernaam. Mi weltima

1 Like

Re: Omarbah E Gorkosusaay Do You Guys Understand? by Fulaman198(m): 1:10am On Dec 25, 2015
GorkoSusaay:

A jaraama cernaam. Mi weltima

Usseko bandam

(1) (Reply)

Must Read! Simple Conversational Ways To Make People Like You / Zebra Crossing Day / Enugu Man Marries Twelve Year Old Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.