Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,763 members, 7,802,333 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:36 PM

Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP (23445 Views)

"Hameed Ali Is Over-Aged & Unfit', Senate Demands Resignation Of Customs Boss / Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. / Financial Crisis Hits PDP, Debts Now N872 Million- Trail Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by adioolayi(m): 8:02am On Dec 24, 2015
About 30 members of staff of the Peoples Democratic Party have resigned their appointment with the main opposition party, investigations by The PUNCH have revealed.

There are about 120 establishment employees in the service of the party.

The gale of resignation, which was said to have started in the Administrative Department of the party a few days ago, has also moved to other departments, including the Publicity Department.

Many directors were said to have turned in their letters of resignation.

Our correspondent gathered that the employees of the once-rich party had yet to come to terms with the cutting of their salaries by the party’s National Working Committee since August.

Besides, they were said to have been told that the agreement reached with the NWC members that they would not sack workers if they (workers) agreed to take a wage cut might not be implemented after all.

One of the workers, who resigned her appointment two days ago but spoke with our correspondent on condition of anonymity, wondered why the party would become what she described as “insensitive to its workers to the extent of cutting our salaries indiscriminately.”

She added that “the soul of this party has gone. All the noise you hear about rebranding is nothing but a sham. It will lead nowhere.

“Majority of us are not only leaving the party’s employment, we are opting out of the party’s membership. We are going elsewhere.”

But an employee in the Publicity Department of the party, Mr. Nwachukwu Ngige, said he was leaving the employment of the party because the PDP, according to him, “now celebrates mediocrity over competence.”

Ngige, who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone on Wednesday, alleged that interlopers had taken over the party.

He said, “We are leaving the party in droves. It is sad. Interlopers have taken over the party’s administration.

“I’m not resigning my membership of the party; I am only leaving as a paid employee of the party.

“But there is no way I will work under those who are inferior to me intellectually. I can’t continue to function when my inferiors suddenly become my bosses.

“The party has become a huge joke where brilliance is punished and mediocrity is celebrated.”

Nevertheless, Ngige, who said he joined the employment of the party on February 14, 2000, said he had no regret working for the former ruling party.

Also speaking, Mr. Kenneth Gyado, who was employed as an Assistant Chief Publicity Officer in 1998, said he was bidding the party a good bye.

Gyado recalled that he and other pioneer employees of the party worked for five months without salaries when they were employed.

He said, “I was employed as a Chief Publicity Officer in 1998 when the party had no name and I joined a few others to work for five months without being paid.

“Those of us who have agreed to leave were told that we would be paid just 50 per cent of our entitlements, but we don’t know how it would be calculated yet.

“Are they going to use the current salary or the one they were paying us before they decided to cut it by 35 per cent? We don’t know yet.”

Gyado however told our correspondent that the party had paid the December salary of its workers.

The Deputy National Secretary of the party, who is also a member of the NWC, Mr. Solomon Onwe, however, said he was not aware of the mass resignation of the workers.

The National Legal Adviser of the party, Mr. Victor Kwon, also said that he had been away for more than two weeks, and therefore, he was not competent to speak on the issue.

He said, “I have been away for more than two weeks. I just returned yesterday, whereas the secretariat had closed for the holidays.

“Because of this, I won’t be able to speak on the matter.”
http://www.punchng.com/mass-resignation-of-workers-hits-pdp/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by raumdeuter: 8:04am On Dec 24, 2015
Parade don change gear. Market no dey sell again
All PDP stalwarts like Obanikoro, Bode George, Edwin Clark, Alao AKala are all fleeing from PDP
Even on NL all the PDP apostles and Jonathan agent don join the biafraa project as emergency staff

By 2019 Maybe KOWA would be the main opposition party

140 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by fhelihx(m): 8:06am On Dec 24, 2015
Era of change..

10 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Teewhy2: 8:10am On Dec 24, 2015
As yoruba will say, "people will help you leak your hands when it is oily with milk and honey, but when it is soiled with blood everybody will leave you to carry your cross"
Am not surprised they are leaving most of them are politicians they have enjoyed the national cake and when they no their is not else to eat, they are looking for where next to pitch their tent. The wise among them have invested and will go and face their investment or businesses.

In other news
Kindly take a few minutes to vote my baby in the ongoing #CussonsBabyMoments competition , still short of over 1000 votes but with your votes if he don't ignore this message, it is still possible to win. click on this link to vote my Baby https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/578.
Thanks, if you no cast your vote for her and you ignore, wetin you gain

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by adioolayi(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2015
PDP was dethroned at the centre just few months back and this is happening
2015 happens to be one of the best years Nigerians will make good decision collectively..... God relinquished power from them, exposing their cosmetics approach to governance... and now, they can't even cater for 120 workers after 16years rule..SHAME!

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by viczing(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2015
Buhari is a terrorist... he will go the way of saddam hussein

6 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by allanphash7(m): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2015
PDP is completely gone

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by mideactive: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
This should not come as a surprise to d ppl,any river dat 4gets it's source 'll definitely dry off.most of d ppl d people in pdp now are those dat dint knw hw d party was formed,they sure won't knw hw to manage it or even value it..

1 Like

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by mildflame: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
No more LOOTS to share

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by solidman59(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
Hmmmmmm
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by teamchocolate: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
First page things.. grin
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Nobody: 8:11am On Dec 24, 2015
Party palava for NAIJA sha, Na wa o
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2015
Gasout:
G
heykims:
hmm
Scatterscatter:
HA
medar:
iteleaye:
Ahhh
harmless011:
P
eleko1:
grin
solidman59:
Hmmmmmm
mideactive:
B
jamesbanjo:
grin
Teewhy2:
FagsamPHP:
k
Pavore9:
Things Fall Apart! cheesy cheesy cheesy
politricks:
Ok
kolnel:
Ok

Abeg make una tell me, how many pple una SpaceBooking don help sef undecided

6 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by harmless011: 8:12am On Dec 24, 2015
Everybody is deserting pdp before long all of them will congregate in APC and the merriment continues while there supporters will be cursing each other online.

3 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by iteleaye(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2015
Ahhh
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by medar(m): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2015
"The biggest party in Africa" grin . This is just a lesson to everyone that nobody is a champion forever.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Scatterscatter(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2015
This one is strong... If this story is true, it shows how terrible PDP is. If they can't manage their Party barely after 7 months of losing an election, now imagine what they have done to (manage) Nigeria in the past 16yrs... Abeg who sabi where them they sell KOWA card jere?

SCATTERSCATTER DON COME BACK AGAIN

7 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by heykims(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2015
Even d party leadership knew they were likely to lose d federal seat if they fielded d clueless in d last election.
Then they did, they dared Nigerians nd we treated their fvckup..

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Gasout(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2015
"No gathering after funeral, PDP have been buried some couple of months ago"

Ashewo members, no member can stay to resuscitate the party back. This is an evidence that shows hw corrupt and indiscipline our politheifcials are.

This is the more reason i'll keep on respecting and seeing TInuBU as the god father of politics in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by dabrake(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2015
Blame Jonathan
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by kolnel: 8:14am On Dec 24, 2015
No biggie
Pdp secretariat is not busy again
Right sizing and down sizing is imminent
No more dollar rain
Jonathan is highly missed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Rawani: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2015
This was once the largest party in Africa, which brought itself down with corruption, impunity, injustice, and a skewed understanding of what should constitute a presidential campaign.

A party which stands for nothing, will fall for anything. Good riddance.

17 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by shaddoww: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2015
Only one thing brought dem together n d n d lack of it don scatter dem (National cake)

9 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by wristbangle: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2015
Extinction grooming for this party. Where are the PDP E-warrior? smiley

5 Likes

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Young03(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2015
C'est domage
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by politricks: 8:15am On Dec 24, 2015
firefire mizmykoli and co when are you leaving

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by FagsamPHP(m): 8:15am On Dec 24, 2015
k
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Pavore9: 8:16am On Dec 24, 2015
Things Fall Apart! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Donfamous(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2015
I think these guys are up to something
Re: Mass Resignation Of Workers Hits PDP by Harshirama(m): 8:17am On Dec 24, 2015
viczing:
Buhari is a terrorist... he will go the way of saddam hussein
what is this one saying

25 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

9 ‘Whistleblowers’ Lay Claim To 5% Of Ikoyi Cash / Emeka Kalu, DG Atiku Agenda 2019 In A Meeting With Atiku (Photos) / JJ Omojuwa's Savage Response To An Anti-MKO Abiola Troll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.