Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Which Lion Was Yours? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Lion Was Yours? (5334 Views)

Vintage Anime No 2: Go Lion! / Lion Trying to eat A BABY On Live TV / LION KING 4: New ‘lion King’ Sequel Coming To Disney Channel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by firestar(f): 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:
Who had what?

Goodness! That's Princess from G-Force. The only lady among gents.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:

Princess had the bike, Keyop had that thing that looked like an armoured fighting vehicle and Jason had the car.

I can't quite remember which vehicles were Mark and Tiny's.
Mark had the little jet and Tiny had the Phoenix.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 6:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ishilove:
The geek kid was the brains of the group, right?

Naptu2
Nope. The leader Mark was the Brain of the group. Although, they work as a team.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 6:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:

Now you've given me another idea. You are referring to their weapons, while I was referring to their vehicles.

Mark had the boomerang (I think).
Yea Mark had the boomerang, Jason and Tiny had the guns (multi-purpose) Princess had the Yoyo, and I can't really remember the name of Keyup's weapon.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by naptu2: 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Yea Mark had the boomerang, Jason and Tiny had the guns (multi-purpose) Princess had the Yoyo, and I can't really remember the name of Keyup's weapon.

Keyop also had a yoyo.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by naptu2: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Nope. The leader Mark was the Brain of the group. Although, they work as a team.

I think she's referring to Pidge in Voltron, Defender Of The Universe.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:

They are both mecha.

I posted pictures of those three cartoons because they are very similar. Voltron, Defender Of The Universe is very similar to Battle Of The Planets (I actually thought that it was the same company that made both when I first saw Voltron in 1986/87).

Princess = Princess Allura
Mark = Keith.
Jason = Lance
Keyop = Pidge
Tiny = Hunk
Chief Anderson = Koran.

Lotor = Zolta
Zarkon = The Great Spirit

They each have their individual vehicle, but also have a main vehicle (The Phoenix/Voltron) that they jointly use. Both shows also have finishing moves that signal the end of an episode ("transmute into fiery phoenix". "Form blazing sword" ).

And Megas XLR is quite similar to both Battle Of The Planets and Voltron, Defender Of The Universe. In fact, there the G Force appeared in an episode of Megas XLR (they were called S Force).
Hey bro, which team would you say will emerge victorious should Voltron Force battle G-Force one on one?.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:

I think she's referring to Pidge in Voltron, Defender Of The Universe.
Oh, sorry. That's my bad. However, I don't really believe Pidge was the brain of the group.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:

Keyop also had a yoyo.
Yea that's true. The weapon is also use by Batman, a rope attached to two balls at each end.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by firestar(f): 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Hey bro, which team would you say will emerge victorious should Voltron Force battle G-Force one on one?.

One-to-one combat.
Princess Allura will kick Princess's derrière.
The rest, a tie.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by naptu2: 6:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
joseph1832:

cheesy That depends on what the writer wants. grin

However, I'd say that G Force are better at one-on-one combat (without their vehicles). I can't say who would win if they both use their vehicles.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by Ishilove: 8:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:

However, I'd say that G Force are better at one-on-one combat (without their vehicles). I can't say who would win if they both use their vehicles.
For vehicles, definitely Voltron. He would smash the G-force with one strike of his blazing sword cheesy
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by Ishilove: 8:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
firestar:

One-to-one combat.
The rest, a tie.
I disagree. Princess will give Princess Allura a neck breaker. Princess was one bad ass kicker, that I remember much.

The rest, a tie like you said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by naptu2: 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ishilove:

For vehicles, definitely Voltron. He would smash the G-force with one strike of his blazing sword cheesy

And the fiery Phoenix would slice through Voltron like a blowtorch grin

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
firestar:

One-to-one combat.
The rest, a tie.
Hmm I don't agree. Allura isn't skilled in hand to hand combat but Princess in G-Force is.

Keith doesn't stand a chance against Mark, neither does Jason and the rest stand any chance against the G-Force team.

Don't forget, when the G-Force team transmute, they have super powers, but Voltron team doesn't.

naptu2:

Well I agree with you on the first, but there is no way The Phoenix can battle Voltron and win. No way bro. That's for sure.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 9:49pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ishilove:
Mine was the Red Lion, and that was because I had a HUGE crush on Keith grin grin
Lovely.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by naptu2: 10:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
joseph1832:
Hmm I don't agree. Allura isn't skilled in hand to hand combat but Princess in Voltron is.

Keith doesn't stand a chance against Mark, neither does Jason and the rest stand any chance against the G-Force team.

Don't forget, when the G-Force team transmute, they have super powers, but Voltron team doesn't.

Well I agree with you on the first, but there is no way The Phoenix can battle Voltron and win. No way bro. That's for sure.

It's actually quite possible for G-Force to defeat the Voltron Force if both sides use their vehicles. You've probably forgotten that G-Force has a lot of advantages. Like I said earlier, the fiery Phoenix could easily cut through Voltron. The Phoenix also has its solar powered energy blaster and its TBX missiles.

And of course, one advantage that people always forget about is that G-Force can easily outnumber Voltron. Remember that the lions have to merge in order to form Voltron, but G-Force's vehicles can operate independently, so Voltron wouldn't only be battling the Phoenix, it might also be battling four other vehicles at the same time.

But like I said, it all depends on what the writers want.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
naptu2:

It's actually quite possible for G-Force to defeat the Voltron Force if both sides use their vehicles. You've probably forgotten that G-Force has a lot of advantages. Like I said earlier, the fiery Phoenix could easily cut through Voltron. The Phoenix also has its solar powered energy blaster and its TBX missiles.

And of course, one advantage that people always forget about is that G-Force can easily outnumber Voltron. Remember that the lions have to merge in order to form Voltron, but G-Force's vehicles can operate independently, so Voltron wouldn't only be battling the Phoenix, it might also be battling four other vehicles at the same time.

But like I said, it all depends on what the writers want.
Well I agree on the embolden. However, I believe the Voltron Force will entirely damage the G-Force beyond recognition, why I say so is because, the voltron lions are actually bigger, aside being bigger, the voltron lions also have an assorted array of weaponry, one that surpasses that of the G-Force.

Even when the lions formed voltron, the weapons voltron have far out class that of G-Force, remember, voltron's electro silver, spinning laser blaz2, ignite lion touches and "release electro force, cross", (a weapon just like Thundersub's energy proton gun).

Hope you remember the voltron lions are powered by the elements?. The black lion is powered by thunder and lightening, the red lion by lava/fire, the blue lion by water, the green lion by the living forest and the yellow lion by earth/sand. Something like the Captain Planet.

So to me, the Red Lion Lava power source can withstand the Fiery Phoenix. I believe Voltron is the combination of man, machine and the elements. That makes it a very potent weapon. Remember the G-Force couldn't even fight The Great Spirit when they tried to unmasked Zoltar? So think about all the dark magic thrown at Voltron yet it remain indestructible.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by naptu2: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2015
joseph1832:
Well I agree on the embolden. However, I believe the Voltron Force will entirely damage the G-Force beyond recognition, why I say so is because, the voltron lions are actually bigger, aside being bigger, the voltron lions also have an assorted array of weaponry, one that surpasses that of the G-Force.

Even when the lions formed voltron, the weapons voltron have far out class that of G-Force, remember, voltron's electro silver, spinning laser blaz2, ignite lion touches and "release electro force, cross", (a weapon just like Thundersub's energy proton gun).

Hope you remember the voltron lions are powered by the elements?. The black lion is powered by thunder and lightening, the red lion by lava/fire, the blue lion by water, the green lion by the living forest and the yellow lion by earth/sand. Something like the Captain Planet.

So to me, the Red Lion Lava power source can withstand the Fiery Phoenix. I believe Voltron is the combination of man, machine and the elements. That makes it a very potent weapon. Remember the G-Force couldn't even fight The Great Spirit when they tried to unmasked Zoltar? So think about all the dark magic thrown at Voltron yet it remain indestructible.

1) The G-Force were not in their vehicles when Zoltar was almost unmasked.

2) The red lion emits lava, but that does not mean that it can absorb fire (just like a gun that fires a bullet cannot absorb the force of a bullet), so I repeat, the fiery Phoenix will cut Voltron in half (remember that ordinary robeast blades can cut Voltron). We can even say that the Phoenix can easily absorb the lion's torches when it's in fiery form.

3) Voltron has got its electro force cross, Thundersub has got its energy proton gun and the Phoenix has got its photon energy beam. Same difference.

4) Remember that the lions cannot fight separately and form Voltron at the same time, but Princess' galacti-cycle, Keyop's armoured amphibious fighting vehicle (which is capable of VTOL, like a harrier), Jason's car and Mark's jet can operate independently while Tiny flies the Phoenix. Remember that these five vehicles each have weapons of their own. The weapons of all these five vehicles surpasses Voltron's weapons and Voltron would be outnumbered.

Basically, the truth is that either side can win, it depends on what the writers want.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by firestar(f): 7:53am On Dec 26, 2015
Ishilove:

I disagree. Princess will give Princess Allura a neck breaker. Princess was one bad ass kicker, that I remember much.

The rest, a tie like you said

It's a loooooong time I've sparred. *cracks knuckles, vertèbre and toes*

grin

Ishilove, I would've agreed if I hadn't seen an episode where Allura actually fought Lotor * Spoilt royal brat* and his cohorts by herself! Judo! The only damage she was a torn dress.
But Princess from G-Force... she has a contender. Allura has a planet full of people to defend and she is allied with the Galaxy Alliance. Heck, Allura has a faux twin, Princess Romelle-who is more military than royal! A far greater plot than G-Force.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by joseph1832(m): 8:23am On Dec 26, 2015
naptu2:

1) The G-Force were not in their vehicles when Zoltar was almost unmasked.

2) The red lion emits lava, but that does not mean that it can absorb fire (just like a gun that fires a bullet cannot absorb the force of a bullet), so I repeat, the fiery Phoenix will cut Voltron in half (remember that ordinary robeast blades can cut Voltron). We can even say that the Phoenix can easily absorb the lion's torches when it's in fiery form.

3) Voltron has got its electro force cross, Thundersub has got its energy proton gun and the Phoenix has got its photon energy beam. Same difference.

4) Remember that the lions cannot fight separately and form Voltron at the same time, but Princess' galacti-cycle, Keyop's armoured amphibious fighting vehicle (which is capable of VTOL, like a harrier), Jason's car and Mark's jet can operate independently while Tiny flies the Phoenix. Remember that these five vehicles each have weapons of their own. The weapons of all these five vehicles surpasses Voltron's weapons and Voltron would be outnumbered.

Basically, the truth is that either side can win, it depends on what the writers want.
Okay bro.
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by Ishilove: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2015
You are all speaking English. Writers aside, the Voltron force will kick ass!! I can't remember all the technicalities because I don't have the head for technical terms.

*firestar, Romelle and Allura lived in an era of war so yeah they were military inclined, but in one to one combat I insist Princess will beat Allura. Princess is a master of the martial arts cheesy
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
this is soo sweet.. to see that we have not been distracted by the stark realities of present-day Nigeria.. sweeet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by naptu2: 12:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by Ishilove: 2:21am On Dec 27, 2015
voltron:
this is soo sweet.. to see that we have not been distracted by the stark realities of present-day Nigeria.. sweeet
This is our way of escape cheesy

Seriously though, there's a child in everyone. We grow up, but an element remains as long as we live

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by prof800(m): 3:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
voltron:
hehehe... it's so sweet.
Don't mind all the "agabayas" on this thread, especially uncle naptu2, mummy firestar, auntie Ishi, and broda jo. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by firestar(f): 7:08pm On Dec 27, 2015
prof800:

hehehe... it's so sweet.
Don't mind all the "agabayas" on this thread, especially uncle naptu2, mummy firestar, auntie Ishi, and broda jo. grin grin grin grin

*Pulls his ear hard, twists it clockwise*

We are having an euphoric moment child, I'm not letting you have a -sand-in-garri-phase-. When we're done, you can chat on 'Sofia the First'.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by prof800(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
firestar:

*Pulls his ear hard, twists it clockwise*

We are having an euphoric moment child, I'm not letting you have a -sand-in-garri-phase-. When we're done, you can chat on 'Sofia the First'.

grin grin grin YES MUMMY..!!!

grin grin grin grin
~Ouch... my ear hurts~ sad sad
Re: Which Lion Was Yours? by Ishilove: 10:08pm On Mar 07, 2016
prof800:

hehehe... it's so sweet.
Uncle Naptu2, we are both agbayas! cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amstel Malta Box Office: Worthy of Praise? / How To View BBA Channel 198 And 197 During Dstv Open Weekend / Meet The 20 Big Brother Naija 2018 Housemates #bbnaija (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.