Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,843 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:06 AM

Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade (18476 Views)

Patience Jonathan Must Explain How She Earned Billions – Sagay / Jonathan Must Speak On Dasuki Scandal – PDP / Jonathan Must Be Regretting Nigerias Misrule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Islie: 9:52am On Dec 24, 2015
The situation of the country, especially as it concerns the current revelations of high-handed corrupt practices is a concern to the Majority Leader of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Sanai Agunbiade. He stresses that much in this interview. EROMOSELE EBHOMELE was there

Q: What is your opinion about the arms fund deal involving former National Security Adviser, Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd.) and others. What lessons do you think we have learnt from this?

I want to thank and appreciate God for intervening in the affairs of this country. It was God’s intervention that agitated the mind of our National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, who became revolutionary about our political process and had the confidence that the progressives could wrestle power from the conservative elements. He propounded the theory of amalgamation of all progressive elements, telling them it was possible for the progressives to come together and wrestle power. It was God’s intervention that touched the minds of those that came together and which allowed the convention of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to choose now President Muhammadu Buhari as their presidential candidate without the magnitude of the disagreement and rancour that was expected. The formation of the APC was God’s intervention, where different set of people buried their ego and resolved to work together. It was God’s intervention that sustained the APC despite all the efforts of the then Peoples Democratic Party-led government to scuttle the formation of the party. You remember another APC came up. And the election itself was God’s intervention and President Buhari won. It is God’s intervention in the political affairs of the country that PMB won; if not, by now Nigeria would be down in the mud. If you look at the impunity with which things had been done culminating in the deafening figures, billions of naira for very trivial things, biliions of naira for ridiculous things, dollars for criminal activities to fund aggression and revolt against the state, you will marvel. Some of the revelations shows that somebody was giving hard currencies to the insurgents. You can imagine a situation, where billions of naira was allocated for prayers, for advertisements, publicity, where the treasury was made available for a candidate of a party. You can hear a very provoking revelation. Imagine if government had returned into the hand of these people, the series of revelations now would have been buried forever and another round of economic sabotage would have commenced pushing Nigeria into a grave. That is why it beats my imagination, when some people still accuse President Buhari of non-performance. How can anybody perform with the kind of doldrum, which the Nigerian economy has been pushed into? You want the man to hit the ground running when the ground is not solid, but murky? So, the present revelation, prosecution, accusations and counter accusations are only telling Nigerians that they should be appreciative of God, who has changed the cause of events to allow people, who would expose the crime that have been committed against Nigerians in the last four years.

I want to praise the dexterity, the commitment, the doggedness of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and that of the national officers of the APC and all individual members that participated in the revolution that ousted, through the ballot, the regime of Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. I am sure in the corners of his room, Jonathan would now have realised that he was surrounded by people, who never wished him well, by people who were political scavengers feeding fat on his political disposition. That is to tell you that he who must lead should be a firm person, who has track record of managing men and resources. It is not enough for an academia to jump on the train of politics and aspiring to steer the wheel. Those who would surround him would want to drive the train aground. My own subsmission is that God is passing through Nigeria and at the end of the day, appreciative minds would see God’s grace in this.

Q: The PDP has said that in fighting corruption President Buhari must also probe the source of funding for his election campaign. What do you think about this?

A drowning man would look for the slightest object to hook up to. One thing at a time and that done well is a very good route to others. You cannot be a judge in your own case. They are two different things, there are some monies belonging to the Federal Government of Nigeria alleged to have been misappropriated by persons who possibly should not have been involved in the ways and manners the monies were spent. That is being carried out by the present government; let that process continue to a logical end. If the PDP have their proofs, let this be resolved and they can tell him: “Mr. President, you have successfully fought and won, this is a battle you should also fight, we have our fight.” Why is it that it is when the government started probing people, not on the basis of political affiliation, but base on certain fact emanating from certain revelations or people who are aware of such transactions that they are bringing this up or do they think that Buhari just dreamt about this? People started to talk, people that were disenchanted about the way things were being done, but could not talk. Any individual in whatever capacity that is opposed to what President Buhari is doing now should be seen as an enemy of Nigeria. When the monies are recovered, would it not be for the use of Nigeria and the common man?. Is it enough to say: “okay, we agree that we stole, didn’t you steal?” They should cover their eyes in shame and apologise to Nigerians that majority of the people being alleged now are members of their party, and they were in the corridors of power then.

Q: How can we avoid this kind of thing both at the federal and the state levels?

The only way is to carry this prosecution to conclusion. Whoever is found guilty should be dealt with according to the law.

Q: Recently, state governors said they could not continue with payment of N18,000 minimum wage and that it is either they reduce the amount or retrench workers. What is your take on this?

My opinion is that a very delicate situation requires a very a careful approach. We are all witnesses that the present situation is due to the way our economy had been managed. You could imagine if all these billions of naira are to remain within the economy, I am sure the economy would not be as bad as it is. So, in fixing Nigeria, we have to be careful not to create another problem. We are still talking about the creation of states. To create a state, we have to look at the viability of that state. We should look at the economic potentials of that state. We have created these ones, we have to sustain them. The Federal Government came out with bail-out funds for the state; one way or the other it has solved some problems. We need to look at our situations and come out with workable solutions. To retrench might not be a palatable option in the face of economic hardship in the country. To retrench is to throw more capable hands into hopelessness and to heighten the apprehension in the society and to increase the likelihood of the dangers that unemployment constitutes to the society. As much as it is difficult for the states or some states to pay the minimum wage, I am sure that for every problem, there is a solution and every problem comes with a solution. If you look deep into every problem, you would find a solution. I want to sympathise with the states that are not too viable to pay wages, but I would not subscribe to retrenchment because of the dangers it portends. So, in-between ability to pay and the danger of retrenchment, they should find a solution. It is sure that God that has been with Nigeria would open our eyes to a way out. But we need to look deeper to be able to come up with a strategy that would bring us out of the dangers of retrenchment and the ability to pay minimum wage.

Q: How do we get out of the economic doldrum you mentioned earlier, in the face of dwindling price of crude oil?

We will not be the only country that is affected, other countries are coping. When a problem befalls you, we should be able to cope and adjust, but when a problem befalls you and you are now generating another problem from within, then it would be catastrophic. If we can curtail the level of corruption within the system, I am sure we will be able to adjust to any economic hardship that is starring us in the face. Whatever happens, whatever global recession that happens, it would not affect only Nigeria. We should be able to mitigate any problem that might affect our development. Why are we not having electricity, constant electricity? Is it not from the mismanagment of our affairs? Due to lack of electricity, many companies have folded up and thrown people into the labour market. The young elements that are graduating from the universities can’t get work. Of course, the first law of nature is self survival. They would now look for any means which could be crime or any other negative way to survive. But, let us just fix electricity and have 24-hour light, you would see our economy bouncing back. That means our refineries would work, all these things about crude oil and refined oil would be eliminated. That means our industries and companies would produce at optimum capacity, and more people could be employed and the country would be safer to attract investors and Nigeria would be more creative because the beauty of Nigeria would show at night. Some people would work in the morning, others in the afternoon and at night. The society would be safer, more beautiful, more jobs and less crimes and our economy would be safer. Let us remove corruption and see our beautiful Nigeria is.

Q: What should your constituents expect in 2016?

The year 2016 will be a year of prosperity for Nigeria, Lagos State and Ikorodu Constituency 1. In 2016, I want to redouble my efforts in justifying the mandate of my people for the third term. It is a special privilege and I want to justify the trust they reposed in me to give me this mandate. I will continue to represent them with all commitments, dedication and good hearts. In 2016, I want them to expect more grace of God because there is nothing anybody can do unless it is from above and because God sees my heart, my intentions, I know He would strengthen me, embolden me and give me more grace to be able to represent them. I have not disappointed them, I would not disappoint them, I want to do more to attract more government presence to my constituency. On my own part, I want to continue to render humanitarian services and give back to my community for the mandate they have given me. I would do more of empowerment for my people, I would represent them and see how more people in my constituency would be empowered with employment, skill acquisition, how much I can collaborate with my people to restore peace and stability in my constituency. I want to assure them that by 2016, the incessant crisis of land grabbers (ajagungbales) that proliferate our society would be seriously addressed by the state government and brought to the barest minimum. By December 2016, I am sure a lot of people in my constituency would do thanksgiving to God for improved standard of living economic condition in the name of God.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/24/jonathan-must-be-regretting-corruption-revelations-agunbiade/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by drss(m): 10:05am On Dec 24, 2015
Nonsense! Is it because GEJ's govt is witch hunted by buari dullaard Wat about holier than thou's comment dat abacha never stole a kobo despite billions of dollars recovered from d abacha family
as far as am concern, corruption under GEJ is a childs play compared to military regimes like sani abacha, abdulsalam abubakar, obj.
kworruption is still going on under buari's nose. Eg. TSA N25 billion scam, Cabals buying naira at N197 official rate and selling at N250 in black market.
Modified...
FTC: Accnt details
acct name: john dul
acct no.: 000004041

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by ghostdvirus(m): 10:18am On Dec 24, 2015
Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by timunstopable: 10:18am On Dec 24, 2015
Wailers wont like this

So some pple ere saying all na story

Even tho Dasuki has admitted sharing arms money To Dokpesi, Bafarawa, Yuguda, This day etc

SO na story bt Dokpesi confirmed collecting 2.1bn

SO na Story by Ngozi Okonjo Iweala diverted Abacha Loot she told world bank was ued 2 build roads to Dasuki in care of the Clueless Gek that they relooted

So na story bt 1.45bn was shared for Prayers and it has also been acknowledged by Dasuki

Na story bt Dasuki admitted sharing money for Ur clueless hero Pdp Presidential primaries

I end with Dogara's words 2% of Nigerians against Anti Corruption Crusade even tho loud becos ofcourse they ve the financial muscles cant overide the majority of Nigerians that are against these looters

YOUR denial of glaring truth means nothing

they ll al go to jail

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by brunofarad(m): 10:18am On Dec 24, 2015
GEJ still better than status quo anytime

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Icecomrade: 10:18am On Dec 24, 2015
Silly assumptions making front page.

Did you have any conversation with Jonathan.

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by anonimi: 10:19am On Dec 24, 2015
Revelations or STORIES?
I thought this was a LAW maker speaking. Why would he regurgitate stories from the Nation newspaper as revelations?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776311_borehole_jpeg6982552b3aa8ea67bec1da4c0172b398

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776329_lagosprojects2_jpega666e650b9fc5a14f04fa6a8ba0d8a3d

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by ednut1(m): 10:20am On Dec 24, 2015
Can/will he be prosecuted
Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by AceRoyal: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2015
Like say u dey him mind undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Henrypraise: 10:22am On Dec 24, 2015
@ least d economy worked den, we had fuel tru all d december.

All hail Buhari d dullard, notin is functionin in nigeria

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by ifeelgood: 10:22am On Dec 24, 2015
This article is more than 10 newspapers put together. Please who scanned it?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Marvinspeed(m): 10:23am On Dec 24, 2015
This stuff shouldn't make front page. Who knows this man?

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by APCcrimes: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2015
#GEJ our hero..

Whoever doesn't like you can go and die!!

12 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by DOCTORDONE: 10:24am On Dec 24, 2015
dd
Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by dcncornels: 10:25am On Dec 24, 2015
na only you waka come

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by anytexy: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2015
Okay. What does he has to say about the man that doesn't sign cheque?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Nobody: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2015
We don de hear this for longggg now!! Give us something new/fresh

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by APCcrimes: 10:26am On Dec 24, 2015
g
Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Nairalandmentor(m): 10:27am On Dec 24, 2015
Really. You can't be sure. Get your facts straight

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Runaway: 10:27am On Dec 24, 2015
When this APC people go get sense?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Sunnyade01(m): 10:32am On Dec 24, 2015
Jonathan cabinet members took him for a ride.

They knew from day one he was there for the taken.

They knew he can be used, so they used him.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Rawani: 10:33am On Dec 24, 2015
Before one can feel regret, there must be a presence of conscience.
Considering the humongous amounts that were stolen, and the thousands of lives that were sacrificed as a result under Jonathan's supervision, that presence of conscience is highly debatable.

Jonathan not only failed to secure our yams, but he was the gatekeeper that decided to dine with the goats and so he will also be roasted along with them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by muelzik(m): 10:33am On Dec 24, 2015
The progressives came together in the spirit of vengeance. The immediate past government also saw these coming, hence the tough fight for retainment of powers. However as it was, president buhari won and trust me, a lot of holes were to be dugged. No government is perfect, if another political party wins presidential come 2019, Buhari's administration may also be dugged for curroption and probed just like it is at present.

Team #notsurprised

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by chesterlee(m): 10:34am On Dec 24, 2015
Who the hell is Agunbaide

Never heard of him.

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by anonimi: 10:34am On Dec 24, 2015
Henrypraise:
@ least d economy worked den, we had fuel tru all d december.

All hail Buhari d dullard, notin is functionin in nigeria

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2077628_BNGI782FMSI1G20150108171624_jpge5bb24791334f05106b071c3170d959d

[img]http://www.tradingeconomics.com/charts/og.png?url=/nigeria/gdp-growth-annual[/img]

lomprico:
Good! I hope d loan extends to the farmers in ebonyi. I saw their "rice hill" sometime last month n was astonished!

Note. The tiny dots at d top are people.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3074084_img20150709wa000_jpeg7cbcb35c5f93b890a7ce92b4c0df8a1c

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by 912(m): 10:36am On Dec 24, 2015
Please what was that technology Gej wanted to use in fighting corruption?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by anonimi: 10:37am On Dec 24, 2015
chesterlee:
Who the hell is Agunbaide

Never heard of him.

Just an ordinary puppet in the hands of the JagbaJantis of Bourdillon grin grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Segadem(m): 10:37am On Dec 24, 2015
If GEJ came out to apologise to Nigerians corcerning the corrupt practices under his administration some e-warrior in this forum will still have boldnesss and say ; Corruption is my hero, Cluelessness is my role model

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Segadem(m): 10:38am On Dec 24, 2015
912:
see question
Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by kennydee05(m): 10:38am On Dec 24, 2015
Yes ooo
Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 24, 2015
unfortunately he won't because his sycophants are really hard at work. you can see them littering this thread praising him and defending him.

the only way he will regret all this is if he ends up in jail for a long jail term.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Must Be Regretting Corruption Revelations – Agunbiade by anonimi: 10:39am On Dec 24, 2015
912:

...F A C T.. C H E C K ...

'Obasanjo and Atiku in 8 years built one UNIVERSITY each for themselves....Bells and ABTI.
They built NONE for Nigerians.

Jonathan and Sambo in 4 years built 14 (FOURTEEN) new universities for all Nigerians.
NONE for themselves.

NOTE: OBJ and ATIKU are now consultants/sponsors/piloters/members of APC....

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2023224_106334837960003637540871239247822158463153o_jpega322806fc65b78cc91e1dd619380fecb

Sourced from: https://www.nairaland.com/2146237/why...ive/4#30711260

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2467944_obasanjotransparencyrating2004_jpegf577f3dadf99ddddb409ec370bb5548d

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2608719_transparencyintl_corruptionimprove2014_jpegd841e1e015b6b1cdf5ddd85e12d9bfb5

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Apologise For Supporting IPOB, APC Tells PDP / Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) / Cattle Colonies: Southern States Shun FG's Request For Land

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.