Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election (11620 Views)

Breaking: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa’s Election / Delta Tribunal Upholds Okowa’s Election / Breaking News!! Delta Tribunal Upholds Okowa's Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja has dismissed the appeal filed by the Labour Party’s governorship candidate in the April 11, 2015 governorship election in Delta State, Chief Great Ogboru, challenging the judgment of the state Governorship Election Petition Tribunal which affirmed Governor Ifeanyi Okowa’s election.

In a unanimous judgment by the five-man bench presided over by Justice Uwani Abba-Aji on Thursday, the appeal court held that the appeal lacked merit and that the tribunal was right to have dismissed Ogboru’s petition.

Ogboru filed his petition before the tribunal challenging the Independent National Electoral Commission’s declaration of Okowa of the PDP as winner of the poll.

The LP’s candidate alleged that there was overvoting as the number of total votes recorded exceeded the number of voters accredited by the card reader machines.

Also alleging that the conduct of the poll did not substantially comply with the provisions of the Electoral Act, Ogboru urged the tribunal to nullify the April 11, 2015 poll and order a rerun.

But the tribunal sitting in Asaba, in its judgment delivered on October 26, 2015‎, dismissed the petition for lacking in merit.

Ogboru further appealed to the Court of Appeal which heard the case in Benin on December 17 but relocated to Abuja to deliver its judgment on Thursday, has now dismissed the appeal.

Justice Abba-Aji in the lead judgment of the Court of Appeal held that Ogboru merely relied on records of the card reader accreditation without demonstrating the documents by credible evidence.

She held that Ogboru never challenged the evidence of the respondents and even his own witnesses that the card readers had challenges in many part of the states and that apart from the use of card reader, there was also manual accreditation.

She held that the appellant needed to have proved that the card reader machines functioned optimally in all the polling units of the state before he could soly rely on the accreditation by‎ the card reader.

Meanhile the judgment of the tribunal on the appeal filed by the All Progressives Congress’ candidate, Olorogun O’ tega Emerhor; and the cross appeal by Okowa are still being awaited.
http://www.punchng.com/breaking-acourt-dismisses-ogborus-appeal-against-okowas-election/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
INTERESTING
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by fromnigeria(m): 1:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
shocked embarassed Too bad.

Delta State has lost another opportunity of being let loose from this years of PDP bondage.

I cry for my state. embarassed embarassed embarassed

9 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Politriks
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by osesology(m): 1:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
kiss
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by seunmsg(m): 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2015
PDP won now and no complain against the judiciary. When the next judicial decision favours APC, I hope Wailers won't come here to complain about APC using judiciary to steal their oyel state.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by ionsman: 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2015
PDP.......Victory for democracy.

You won't hear them making noise.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by ndidianthony247(m): 2:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Sai OKOWA......carry go till 2024

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by MMMFAGUY1: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2015
4ward match 2 supreme court.
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Chiadikaobi(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
Okowa be like

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Alexcollins(m): 2:39pm On Dec 24, 2015
even the blind knows there were no legitimate governorship election in delta state.. I blame the counsel to labour party. he isn't good enough...

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by iykofias(m): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2015
Apc e-diots will still blame this on the clueless jonah.

Nnadi kanu: 'buhari is a paedophile'

buhari: 'the kwaruption of the lash aministraction shall nut go sort free'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Aghanel(m): 2:41pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ogboru never Baff to win Okowa abi him think say na Uduaghan Tenure?...Btw I dnt seem 2 undastand why Otega join pple wen dey go Court? Person wen no even win any Local Govt including his own LGA. Nawao 2 him o as shame no dy catch am.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
nn
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Flirtyy: 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
These urhobo people should go and sit down somewhere and let Anioma rule jare! Ibori, Uduaghan now they want to still force themselves inside, Greedy lot!

And no drunk urhobo person should come for me because I did not send for u

5 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by DaGC(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2015
Aghanel:
Ogboru never Baff to win Okowa abi him think say na Uduaghan Tenure?...Btw I dnt seem 2 undastand why Otega join pple wen dey go Court? Person wen no even win any Local Govt including his own LGA. Nawao 2 him o as shame no dy catch am.

Hahaha cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by chukzyblingz(m): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
seunmsg:
PDP won now and no complain against the judiciary. When the next judicial decision favours APC, I hope Wailers won't come here to complain about APC using judiciary to steal their oyel state.

Na here your sense reach?

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by DaGC(m): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2015
Flirtyy:
These urhobo people should go and sit down somewhere and let Anioma rule jare! Ibori, Uduaghan now they want to still force themselves inside, Greedy lot!

Forget what Femi Falana said. In my language, this right here is what we call Ekpa!!!

6 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Ijaya123: 2:45pm On Dec 24, 2015
That's is a victory for democracy. I expect PDP supporters to hail this judgement and prove that they are not wailers.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Flirtyy: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2015
Alexcollins:
even the blind knows there were no legitimate governorship election in delta state.. I blame the counsel to labour party. he isn't good enough...

Where u dere? Pls state facts with receipts!
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Flirtyy: 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
DaGC:

Forget what Femi Falana said. In my language, this right here is what we call Ekpa!!!

And in my language we call you, Olodo!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by fratermathy(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
Nawao cry

Im sad because I know Okowa wont perform. He has shown us his knack for failure over the past few months! No single blueprint for development has been shown by him. He only launched the Asaba Capital Development Authority to siphon more money for his PDP cabals. He has no plans for employment other than giving peanuts to his loyalists in the name of SMART agenda! Okowa is a failure on arrival. However, I pray for Delta State! Let us remain positive! Anything can happen!

I hope PDP e-thugs will now wail that Buhari has messed up our judiciary? I hope they will say Buhari is a dictator? I hope they will complain again! Products of a failed government of thieves and robbers.

Note that I am not a fan of APC per se, but I detest PDP so much that I'd be willing to identify as a ZOMBIE if that is what it takes to make wailers rethink their inglorious existence.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
Flirtyy:

And no drunk urhobo person should come for me because I did not send for u

Dont you think its foolish of you to insult an entire tribe ?... point of correction Urhobo re the least Greedy slot in Nigeria.. Dont tribalise everything.. even wen Ibori was rulling Ogburu took him to court..

Destiny may be delayed but can never be denied, One Day God will hear our prayers and deliver us from the hand of our opressor .. Deltans need Change I Don't Mean APC's Fake chAnge

As for Otega e better keep quiet.. ediot that sold us out

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by jayloveselle: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by melesky8820(m): 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2015
get a life bro
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Flirtyy: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
seunmsg:

Even APC wants Okowa in power! I don't understand why but they do because the day the Tribunal in asaba threw out Ugboru's suit was the same day Okowa went to China with buhari
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by DaGC(m): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Dont you think its foolish of you to insult an entire tribe ?

You can imagine the nonsense. Just because 1 Urhobo man dey challenge result (which he has been doing for over a decade), that 'thing' dey insult full tribe.

Better Orue!!

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Flirtyy: 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Dont you think its foolish of you to insult an entire tribe ?

Where is the insult? Wailer!
Re: Appeal Court Upholds Okowa's Election by Ugomba(m): 2:52pm On Dec 24, 2015
as expected.. Nothing suprising here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Celebrates His 62nd Birthday / Nigeria’s Refineries In Ruins Despite Mous With China, India, Others / Bayelsa West: APC Members Defect To PDP In Protest Of Zoning Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.