Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:40 PM

O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness (15669 Views)

Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness / "Tell Me I Pray Thee Wherein Thy Great Strength Lieth / Dirty Car Art And The Foolishness Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness by God2man(m): 3:56pm On Dec 24, 2015
It is good to have friends, it is good to have childhood friends but Watch out! That your friend, That your childhood friends can become the friend of your enemy. He will leak all the information about you to your enemy, that way, the person is finished.

Let's go straight to the Bible, 2 Samue Chapter 15, Chapter 16, and Chapter 17.

Absalom rebelled against his father David, he desired the throne while his father David with all his servant fled to the wilderness for safety.

Then in 2 Samuel 15:31, an information reached David which was very vital to his survival,.
" And one told David, saying, Ahithophel is among the conspirators with Absalom. And David said, O Lord, I pray thee, turn the counsel of Ahithophel into foolishness"

There was a man called Ahithophel, well respected man, one of the most celebrated politician of that age, the Bible mentioned in 2Samuel 16:23b
"And the counsel of Ahithophel, which he counselled in those days, was as if a man had enquired at the oracle of God"
David was a wise men, he knew perfectlly that with Ahithophel, his own counsellor, his friend now on the side of Absalom, the rebellion would succeed.
So, David decided to pray because Ahithophel was among the conspirators, this will spell doom for David and his servant.
Many servants followed David but this one, I mean Ahithophel was not an ordinary man, he was gifted, his counsel is divine but wicked to David's survival, Ahithophel had to be stopped before he stop David.
King David had to go spiritual by appealing to the one who put him on the throne to turn the counsel of Ahithophel to foolishnes.

King David did only pray, he watched, how? He applied wisdom by sending another well respected politician of that age called Hushai to pretend to be loyal to Absalom in order to defeat the Counsel of this Extr-ordinary man called Ahithophel.

Let us examine the counsel of Ahithophel for capturing King David.
2Samuel 16:21

"And Ahithophel said unto Absalom, Go in unto thy father's concubines, which he hath left to keep the house; and all Isreal shall hear that thou art abhorred of thy father: then shall the hands of all that are with thee be strong."

Very bad and good counsel joined together. Very bad in the sense that
It is an abomination in Isreal worthy of death penalty. It is very good because the fear of King David was so strong in the heart of the people, sleeping with the concubines depicted that Absalom had taken over the throne of his Father, David, then the people with Absalom will be hungry to kill.

Let's see the second Counsel of Ahithophel in 2 Samuel 17: 1-2
" Moreover Ahithophel said unto Absalom, let me now choose twelve thousand men, and I will arise and pursue after David this night:
And I will come upon him while he is weary and weak handed, and will make him afraid: and all the people that are with shall flee; and I will smite the King only"

This was the best counsel to nail King David, Ahithophel suggested 12,000 men after one man and his followers. Ahithophel counselled to choose them these 12,000 men.
It was an appropriate counsel, very calculative but David had prayed ahead to nullify this counsel by using Hushai to counter it.
God made it possible for Ahithophel counsel to be turned into foolishness.

Ahithophel like Judas his fellow betrayal committed suicide by hanging himself.
He has to die because for him to be alive would be a continuous threat to the kingdom of David.

What are we learning from this message?

The truth is that unfriendly friends are everywhere wishing you failure, death, accident, demotion, poverty, disaster and all kind of evil manifestation.

What are you doing to stop them?
People are jealous of your success, they laugh, joke and smile to greet you everyday, do you know what is going on inside them??

If you say they are my childhood friends, they can't hurt me, lie, lie, they are the worst enemy,
You know those people that persecute and hate you but these unfriendly friends are dangerous because you do not know where and how they will pull you down.

Watch and pray.

Read Psalm 55:12-14

" For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.
We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company."

So many Ahithophels in the church of God today plotting to pull down genuine children of God with their evil that seem to be good counsel to pull down men of God.

God2man.

1 Like

Re: O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness by Lilimax(f): 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2016
May God expose all the Ahitophels in our life. Those unfriendly friends masquerading themselves as
agents of light, God will expose and disgrace them in Jesus name.Amen.
Re: O Lord, I Pray Thee, Turn The Counsel Of Ahithophel Into Foolishness by enm(m): 5:19pm On Feb 10, 2016
Lilimax:
May God expose all the Ahitophels in our life. Those unfriendly friends masquerading themselves as
agents of light, God will expose and disgrace them in Jesus name.Amen.
amen

(1) (Reply)

Wearing CAP In Church / God's General Cs. Upthegrove Is Dead | He Prophesied About His Death / Is Roman Catholism A False Gospel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.