Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. (1237 Views)

How Petrol Tankers Move In Canada And Abidjan / My Funny Experience At Passport Office In Lagos / My Bad Experience in a Hotel in Benin City (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by cuvox(m): 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2015
a friend who traveled abroad wrote this on facebook.. fear of anti-spam bot no go let me share link. tired of serving bans..

read and enjoy.

my experience being a newbie in a foreign land.

Touching down at Toronto Pearson International Airport from Nigeria was a great life time experience for me, because it was my first flight, first time out of Nigeria. The journey took about 22 hours including a 6 hours transit at Frankfurt before we touched down in Canada.

I had an hotel reserved...got into the hotel smiling never knew the smiling go soon turn frustration hehehehehe.

The first challenge was opening the door to my room with that electronic card. I struggled with the door for awhile; I had to call the reception to the rescue. I got to my room and saw the TV, Air Conditioner and lights all switched off. I didn't know I was meant to insert and swipe the card in an electronic slot on the wall in order put them on automatically. The temperature outside was below 3 degrees and I felt too big to go down again the second time because of the trepidation of being labeled a ‘villager’. I had to wither that storm for hours till a Good Samaritan opposite my room came to bail me out.

After a long journey, a typical human would want to have a shower na so I waka go bathroom sorry washroom hehehehehe. I ran the shower but, the water be like ice-water so I had to sleep like that without having my bath. Next day, I ran the tap, same cold water. To cut the long story short sha, I practically didn’t have my bath for two days till a German flat mate arrived and I stylishly asked for his help. I was so happy that I spent almost an hour in the washroom. I remembered the first two weeks, each time I wake up I go rush pick my cloths go iron thinking of nepa hahahahha. Even till now, I still dey hold my bb charger around subconsciously.

The hotel offers free breakfast so I walked into the dining room the first day different stuffs they called "food" were lined up. As omo naija now I'm not familiar with any of the food so I picked something wey be like buns but he no sweet at all!! I lost some pounds within these few days of arrival as I wasn’t eating well because I hate their food! I went to a nearby eatery and told the lady I want chips and chicken, she dey talk excuse me what do you want, I repeated myself severally I just look up and point number 9….she laughed hard and said it is fries and wings hehehehehe that’s what they call chicken and chips hahahah I just asked for washroom na dia I take enter ghost mode hahahahahaha..

I went to the reception and asked for directions to school from the hotel so I could proceed with registration ishhh. They suggested I use a cab since I be JJC. So I asked the cabman how much he told me the counter will decided ... o boy as the journey progress my mind no rest... I just dey watch as the couter dey count... as e dey move I dey automatically convert am to naira kai... We con jamb small go slow. Mehn I begin dey sweat after he knak me bill for that trip. Now to locate buildings in the school na war. I approached people with the expectations of go straight, turn right turn left naija things now o boiiii na map guys dey show me o….I was like wharris is this na hahahaha. After searching for an hour despite the map, I was able to locate where I was going. The thing be like ultimate search for my face.

I remembered opening their doors here….hahahahahahahaha I had to watch people do that severally. There was hardly a time I got to my department without getting lost inside the building. I remembered entering through the normal entrance and getting out via underground tunnel hahahahahahha. On that same day I was thirsty and I wanted to get a drink from one of the refrigerators in the school I was looking for the sales girl...until I discovered it was automatic, I put two dollar in the machine expecting change na so I wait tire. I con bone the change commot... jare.

My first time in their big buses ehn, I stylishly checked where people are placing their bus pass so entering was easier. The problem was alighting, I have been looking at everyone in the bus, nobody said a thing or raised a finger unlike naija wey pple go just dey shout from the back seat Owa, Owa!!!. I almost called the driver to tell her that I'll be alighting at the next bus-stop then I discovered a wire at the right upper end of my seat, I don't even know what the wire stands for, maybe it's for emergency or anything.. I just draw the thing and something signaled to the driver that there is a passenger who wishes to alight at the next bus-stop. Next thing I know was that the bus stopped... My first week here ehn I tried crossing the road not knowing that I have to follow the zebra crossing or move close to the traffic light and press the ‘magic’ button on the traffic light to stop the cars while I catwalk to the other side of the road. I just wan cross from any angle like Naija wey u go just cross from anywhere, thank God say those big bus no jam me!.

Whenever I am at the mall, I always had my Google search opened and pointed to "Convert CAD to NGN". After I don buy things and about to checking-out, I pay expecting them to help me pack my stuffs inside nylon like they do in shoprite o boi na OYO things. One last thing I remembered hahahahhaha I wanted to collect a Professor’s bag like we do in Nigeria helping the elders carry their bags na so some of them wont mark our faces for ‘C’ or outright ‘F’ grade for not carrying dia bags hehehehe. The man probably thought I wanted to steal his bag or maybe I was crazy sef hahahahahhahaha. I can’t wait to see first timers do some of these things in fall. No be small thing o.

Conclusively, it’s been exciting, and educative. I have meet friends like blood here whose counsel kept me waxing stronger. It’s really an experience of a life time and I am grateful to Jah for giving me this chance. As many who want to experience this kain tin for the fun of it or for whatever reason, just trust God cos he makes things beautiful in his time……hehehehheeh between I am no longer a JJC though *tongue out*

CC lalasticlala seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by seunlayi(m): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lol funny

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by DOCTORPRESH: 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2015
cheesy smiley Funny..
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by darlingtonIIV(m): 7:38pm On Dec 24, 2015
My belle o. Ah don laugh tire
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by fbtowner(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lol. This is funny
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by Ayt27(m): 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lol, Reminds me of the typical Osofia in London story
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by EmmySparky(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2015
Lol this guy is funny...make GOD answer my prayers soon...would come get my share of the experience
Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by dustydee: 9:00pm On Dec 24, 2015
cuvox:
a friend who traveled abroad wrote this on facebook.. fear of anti-spam bot no go let me share link. tired of serving bans..

read and enjoy.

CC lalasticlala seun

Oga OP, Have you or your friend seen this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/2432779/funny-jjc-experience-canada

And this:
http://www.humaranpropiedades.com.ar/urban_properties/view/12

1 Like

Re: My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada……. by cuvox(m): 9:47pm On Dec 24, 2015
dustydee:
Oga OP, Have you or your friend seen this link: https://www.nairaland.com/2432779/funny-jjc-experience-canada
And this: http://www.humaranpropiedades.com.ar/urban_properties/view/12
didn't know another person already created a thread for it. thank

(1) (Reply)

Usa Visit Visa / Ghastly Motor Accident Along Gbongan/ Ibadan Road (pics) / Lagos: This Is How A Real Developed Country Looks Like [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.