Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean (1609 Views)

Why Do People Want To Marry A God Fearing Partner But Do Not Want To Date Same? / Why Are Nigerian Mother In-laws Too Mean Towards Their Daughter In-laws?. / See What My Ex's Boyfriend Texted Me. What Does It Mean? (screenshots) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by amtheone(m): 9:50pm On Dec 24, 2015
I think its very common to hear the above statement from ladies especially when it comes to relationship.

Ladies, what do you guys actually mean by this statement?
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by INTROVERT(f): 9:54pm On Dec 24, 2015
The answer is relative to individual females.
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by Vision4God: 10:03pm On Dec 24, 2015
On a general note, some1 hu obeys d word of God and fear God. (put God first b4 taking any step) .
I.e WWJD -WAT WIL JESUS DO

1 Like

Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by tpiar: 10:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
someone who fears God.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by amtheone(m): 11:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
tpiar:
someone who fears God.

But in relation to relationship between a man and woman, what do you think about this God-fearin man issue?

Take for instance, a situation whereby a lady based all her judgements over her guy as a result of the man commitment in church and termed him God fearing. Subsequently they settle down(husband n wife), then the guy starts misbehaving in whatever way, then the wife shout out that while they were dating, her husband was God fearing.

So, it is on this note that im asking what God fearing man actually means for woman? Or do women believe that as a God fearing man such man cannot misbehave?
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by tpiar: 10:56am On Dec 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by tpiar: 10:59am On Dec 25, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by donpata(m): 6:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
the problem with us today is that people dont take time to know Gods word.. hence, discernment is difficult. people often miscontrue someone who dosnt miss church or morning devotion as a "committed Christian". if u are consistent in STUDYING (NOT READING) Gods word, u get loaded wit knowledge and even ur life changes in line with the Word u injest daily.

op, my point is if u are fully loaded with Gods word, u will most likely discover by a mere discussion if your gf or bf is also well rooted in Gods word or not. Someone who shows a clear cut understanding of Gods word, and his instructions and does same is God-fearing. For me, by simply asking a lady what she understands as "submission as unto God", her response tells me a lot. ironically, except u two cohabit, most of what u get to know and believe abt the other person is what they say rather than what they do.

Simply put, a God Fearing man is the one that shows unrivaled understanding of, and action on the statement, "husbands, love your wives as Christ loved d Church". again, u need to b well rooted in the word to know if such knowledge and(or) action is deep rooted or surficial .

4 Likes

Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by dasparrow: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
amtheone:
I think its very common to hear the above statement from ladies especially when it comes to relationship.

Ladies, what do you guys actually mean by this statement?

A God fearing individual obeys God's commandments and has a reverence for God. For example, a man who asks for sex from a lady before marriage is NOT a God fearing man. He has total disregard for the laws of God and God may choose to strike such a man with erectile dysfunction if the man does not repent.

1 Like

Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by amtheone(m): 9:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
dasparrow:

A God fearing individual obeys God's commandments and has a reverence for God. For example, a man who asks for sex from a lady before marriage is NOT a God fearing man. He has total disregard for the laws of God and God may choose to strike such a man with erectile dysfunction if the man does not repent.

Hmmmm. I think your submission here is that a God fearing man must be a perfect man?
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by tpiar: 10:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
a God fearing man is not perfect but should have the fear of God.
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by pretty050(f): 11:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
When a lady says she wants a God fearing man, it simply means she wants a man she can Trust.
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by TooNoisy(f): 11:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
When Nigerian ladies of today say they want a God fearing man, it means three things

1. He is rich
2. He wouldn't beat them up
3. He wouldn't be caught cheating

Shikena

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by Ewuro4: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
TooNoisy:
When Nigerian ladies of today say they want a God fearing man, it means three things

1. He is rich
2. He wouldn't beat them up
3. He wouldn't be caught cheating

Shikena

Hehe , you got that right ... Compliments madam. Odun a bawa layo ati alafia.
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by tpiar: 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2015
that's a bit too cynical. Besides, sleeping with a so-called "god fearing" has already negated the cheating part. Neither is godfearing synonymous with riches, a lady who wants riches wouldnt include it as part of god fearing because it isnt.

God fearing means someone who makes God a priority.
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by Sanyo777: 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
It means Be a Fool to your partner
Re: What Does God Fearing Man Actually Mean by tpiar: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sanyo777:
It means Be a Fool to your partner

I guess you are fixated on this thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/2824892/brother-like-houseboy-wife

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me, I Am Dying Slowly / How To Go Back To Sleep After Waking Up At Night / Despite Having The Requirements..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.