Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story (28402 Views)

IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. / FUT Minna Expels 700 Students Over Poor Academics Performance / How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Seened: 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
onowu007:
Check this out and thank me later.......www.opportunitiesforafricans.com

I am thanking you already. Thank you for your good and generous heart. What you've shared is priceless.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by sakalisis(m): 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

I just have a feeling this may be useful here for some categories of students. Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program I was enrolled into was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science avidly disliked everything about the program. It was called SLT then.

Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what I am saying. My dad happened to be a staff of the University, so I told him about the poor grades, everything I heard about the program and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students don’t want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so I kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level (final year) then with a lot of carry over courses.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. It was so worse that from 300level, you can be so sure you are already a spill over student. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when I complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how I took my transcript using his influence. I was the first person ever and possibly the last person to get a transcript from the program. I returned to 200level in another school entirely when I ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti state University and as a result, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when I got to the new school, my own younger brother who I happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, I sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to be one of the best students in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though I wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons I learnt?

From that day onward, I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, I began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that I had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters with a bit of dedication and I ended finishing top 5 out of the class

Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what? I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if I had committed suicide then? Would I have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What I am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about coming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. My brothers and sisters, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!

bro abeg drop the links to apply to these universities jare, make we apply.......
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by spicyuzo(m): 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what? I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if I had committed suicide then? Would I have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What I am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about coming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. My brothers and sisters, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!

This is the best inspirational piece I have read this year....
Thank you for making out time to write this, and thank you for giving us a compass in our soujourn of life.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by hazydon(m): 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
Nice piece bro,God will bless you.
I'm a final year student in one of the federal universities who is about to round up, sir if you can help me on how to go about applying scholarships it will me a lot sir........... My email is hazydon@yahoo.com and my whatsapp number is 0xxxxxxxx
remain blessed.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by chibuike67(m): 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
hapi for u bro....
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 5:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
sakalisis:

bro abeg drop the links to apply to these universities jare, make we apply.......

mun.ca

https://www.usask.ca/

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by jackpot(f): 5:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
IGLE25:
Merry Xmas Bro... I went to that University of Yours in Nigeria, I was actually 2002 set but presently in Canada. Bro I will like to meet with you or give me a call. I am in between switching my course or doing masters in my first degree... You can reach me on 6472736931.. One luv Bro.
I have seen this post like 2 years ago. The OP copied it from a source but refused to acknowledge it.

@ Jengbetiele
For God's sake, why don't you acknowledge the original source of your stories. This is the second time I am noticing this aberration.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by jackpot(f): 5:13pm On Dec 25, 2015
IGLE25:
Merry Xmas Bro... I went to that University of Yours in Nigeria, I was actually 2002 set but presently in Canada. Bro I will like to meet with you or give me a call. I am in between switching my course or doing masters in my first degree... You can reach me on 6472736931.. One luv Bro.
I have seen this post like 2 years ago. The OP copied it from a source but refused to acknowledge it.

@ Jengbetiele
For God's sake, why don't you acknowledge the original source of your stories. This is the second time I am noticing this aberration. For the sake of posterity, stop claiming people's stories as your own.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 5:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is a personal experience and i am yet to have this on my facebook page self. So you can as well buttress your argument with the link. As a matter of fact, it was my reply to a someone's post few months ago titled "I will kill myself on wednesday" The rationale behind making it a thread is the fact that it attracted over 60 likes as well as encouraging people going through similar ordeals at the moment so you need to recheck. Where i live currently, plagiarism is a crime with adverse consequence so if that is your concern, i am well informed. Thanks
jackpot:

@ Jengbetiele
For God's sake, why don't you acknowledge the original source of your stories. This is the second time I am noticing this aberration. For the sake of posterity, stop claiming people's stories as your own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bro,don't mind the Negative comments. You just Inspired someone and that's ME
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by jackpot(f): 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:
This is a personal experience and i am yet to have this on my facebook page self. So you can as well buttress your argument with the link. As a matter of fact, it was my reply to a someone's post few months ago titled "I will kill myself on wednesday" The rationale behind making it a thread is the fact that it attracted over 60 likes as well as encouraging people going through similar ordeals at the moment so you need to recheck. Where i live currently, plagiarism is a crime with adverse consequence so if that is your concern, i am well informed. Thanks
I am finding it difficult getting the link. I have read this before, and it's not this year sef.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by kennynelcon(m): 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
epistlegcfr:
Check https://www.usask.ca/ mun.ca
Thank you.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by kennynelcon(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2015
epistlegcfr:
Check https://www.usask.ca/ mun.ca
Thank you.
min.ca is not accessible.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
jackpot:
I am finding it difficult getting the link. I have read this before, and it's not this year sef.
grin grin grin grin Okay
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
kennynelcon:

Thank you.

min.ca is not accessible.

Google memorial university of Newfoundland then
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
Thank you boss we shall all get there.
Emmagenius:
Bro,don't mind the Negative comments. You just Inspired someone and that's ME
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by kennynelcon(m): 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Google memorial university of Newfoundland then
Thanks.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
The pleasure is mutual. Thank you too
kennynelcon:

Thanks.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by akigbemaru: 6:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
Academic question.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by adeniyi3971(m): 6:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
jackpot:

so why the baseless allegation?
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Tosinosu2011: 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
OP please which scholarship did you applied for that earned you this testimony
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by succyblinks(f): 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
mommysgirl:

Nice one
Must u quote d whole story bfre dropping ur comment??

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by mavaakiti(f): 6:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
I can relate to this. I gained admission into the unversity to study English Language, of course I never dreamt of studying english in this my life. I had a jamb score of about 241 and I made distinction in my waec. But I wasn't patient enough to wait another year to write jamb again to study Law. I decided to study the english but I lost interest in school which resulted to spill. I graduated at the age of 22 instead of 21. I'm serving next year June by God's grace. I took advantage of the numerous strikes to study fashion and design in an academy in lagos, right now, to me, ny certificate doesn't even mean anything to me.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Tekason(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
DIS IS REFERIN TO ME
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Tekason(m): 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
DIS IS REFERRIN TO ME
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by lowander(m): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
happy xmas to u all ...... can u please send me kpmg past questions and answers to my email..............samuelshowsawyer@yahoo.com
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
I bless God for you oh
I need Canadian scholarships too
Please help me with a link or website. Thanks brother
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by pxdaniel(m): 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
For those of you that do not believe the op (like Cc jackpot), well this link is for you

www.nairaland.com/2477537/kill-myself-wednesday/1

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Mann11: 7:40pm On Dec 25, 2015
I don't know what some people are bitter about. Was the op telling you to copy him or something? The op has made his point. He meant you should try to be positive in any situation; optimism pays.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Profeme: 7:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
pxdaniel:
For those of you that do not believe the op (like Cc jackpot), well this link is for you

www.nairaland.com/2477537/kill-myself-wednesday/1

I was one of those that doubted the op initially. For indeed I have read the op's post somewhere but couldn't get link. Thanks for posting the link. Let's not be fast in judging one wrongly especially when we don't have the facts to justify our claims.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by KingAfooBaba: 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

I just have a feeling this may be useful here for some categories of students. Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program I was enrolled into was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science avidly disliked everything about the program. It was called SLT then.

Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what I am saying. My dad happened to be a staff of the University, so I told him about the poor grades, everything I heard about the program and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students don’t want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so I kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level (final year) then with a lot of carry over courses.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. It was so worse that from 300level, you can be so sure you are already a spill over student. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when I complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how I took my transcript using his influence. I was the first person ever and possibly the last person to get a transcript from the program. I returned to 200level in another school entirely when I ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti state University and as a result, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when I got to the new school, my own younger brother who I happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, I sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to be one of the best students in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though I wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons I learnt?

From that day onward, I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, I began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that I had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters with a bit of dedication and I ended finishing top 5 out of the class

Have got this feeling also... Sitting beside my juniors in FUTA annoys me at times.. But I've got no option!!!
Finished secondary School in 2012... Gained Admission into FedPolyAdo to Study Glass and Ceramics technology At 17years... My mumu was Supposed to be writing subsequent UTME.. But No, I was relying on Direct Entry into the University... Later I heard how competitive DE is.. So I Settled to write another Jamb in 2015... Which I gained admission with into FUTA to study Agric extension and communication. Now I'm 20years.. Gonna Graduate at 25years.. But I'm happy I'm a ND holder from a Federal Poly and gonna be a B.Tech Holder from a Federal Uni. Alhamdulilah for everything!

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by aldrick: 8:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:

Bro yu 2 much. Snd me ur contact including contry code tnks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obinna Udeze Autopsy Result: Septic Shock Killed Pupil / UNIZIK Staff Drowns At Trig Point Hotel Nibo Amidst Confusion / 2015 Cowbell Mathematics Champion, Akinkuowo Honoured By School.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.