Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,337 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story (28394 Views)

IMSU Goes Tough On Indecent Dressing; See What Was Done To A Defaulting Student. / FUT Minna Expels 700 Students Over Poor Academics Performance / How Tough Is Medicine And Surgery As A Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by laykhorn(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele
Its like you wrote that piece for me. Its good to know some people have gone through my situation
I'm currently on a low in my Academics too and its really disheartening. My FirstClass seem to be in the mud already. I started off well and then things took the nosedive. My Dad who is a FirstClass Pol Science graduate and Lecturer thinks I'm not putting the effort. I'm Academically frustrated right now.

Also, a friend of mine who is self funded may need some mentoring on how to get Fully funded scholarship hopefully like yours. He is in his final semester now. Any help sir?
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 9:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
Sent you a pm already
laykhorn:
Jengbetiele
Its like you wrote that piece for me. Its good to know some people have gone through my situation
I'm currently on a low in my Academics too and its really disheartening. My FirstClass seem to be in the mud already. I started off well and then things took the nosedive. My Dad who is a FirstClass Pol Science graduate and Lecturer thinks I'm not putting the effort. I'm Academically frustrated right now.

Also, a friend of mine who is self funded may need some mentoring on how to get Fully funded scholarship hopefully like yours. He is in his final semester now. Any help sir?
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Kirinwa: 9:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
Gentleveks:
THIS IS IT!! i love this i swear, i am always on tears any time i remember that i will be writting jamb for the 5th time but the worst is with my junior sister who i gave 3years in age. Thanks for motivating me this morning merry chrismax to you!

Oboy! Jamb 5 times? Is it medicine you want to study?
Is it it not time you choose a course you know you can study even if its Agriculture.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by people3: 9:33pm On Dec 25, 2015
EKSU..... Well am currently serving NYSC
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by 2sex(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
TopeQs:
nice one OP

I also have a story........

finished sec school at 15, and made my waec once, I wanted to be a doctor, meaning if I had gained admission that year I'll probably finish by 22, guess what, I'm now 22 and the only certificate I have after ssce is an OND in quantity surveying, after staying years without admission I had to accept an admission from Kwara poly after passing jamb(the lowest I ever got in jamb was 191, and I wrote 5times) and post jamb( even scoring 75% at a particular school exam)..............but now I've been given admission at a university in Minna(Futminna) and also an admission for HND in laspotech.......to study quantity surveying in both.
maybe I'm wasn't meant to study medicine but quantity surveying, cos now I enjoy quantity surveying and wouldn't change it for anything..........
Your story is very similar to my friend. He wanted to be doctor, finished sec school at 16, wrote and pass jamb and strike hit him till that admission was lost. he tried 4 more times and couldn't make it. he was the best in his set and almost all his mates where in school except him.

some years later, he just reluctantly applied to PTI and someone bought the form for him. he wrote the exam and instead giving him OND, they listed him into pre-ND. he came just mid into the first semester and still came out top in the class, hardly stayed in class and always sitting at the back.

at the end of that program, he topped the whole class.

then came out top in OND with distinction... today, he is staff at Total smiley
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by femzysticks(m): 9:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jchi9876:
your stories do not add up!!
the super story you posted

https://www.nairaland.com/2432779/funny-jjc-experience-canada

is not originally your story and you seem to be evasive about so many questions asked.

your story in short na real Jengbetiele

so many potential EFCC workers on NL
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Profeme:
Yes, I seem to agree with you. He never answered the questions posed to him on the "JJC story". Secondly, this is not the first time I'm reading this story on nairaland but I don't have the link to the previous one.
av seen dis story before
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by TopeQs: 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
2sex:
Your story is very similar to my friend. He wanted to be doctor, finished sec school at 16, wrote and pass jamb and strike hit him till that admission was lost. he tried 4 more times and couldn't make it. he was the best in his set and almost all his mates where in school except him.

some years later, he just reluctantly applied to PTI and someone bought the form for him. he wrote the exam and instead giving him OND, they listed him into pre-ND. he came just mid into the first semester and still came out top in the class, hardly stayed in class and always sitting at the back.

at the end of that program, he topped the whole class.

then came out top in OND with distinction... today, he is staff at Total smiley
WAOW....
....... wish I had someone to show me the way then......anyways I've learnt my lessons.

I'm grateful for.my life now.......
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by femzysticks(m): 10:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
mavaakiti:
I can relate to this. I gained admission into the unversity to study English Language, of course I never dreamt of studying english in this my life. I had a jamb score of about 241 and I made distinction in my waec. But I wasn't patient enough to wait another year to write jamb again to study Law. I decided to study the english but I lost interest in school which resulted to spill. I graduated at the age of 22 instead of 21. I'm serving next year June by God's grace. I took advantage of the numerous strikes to study fashion and design in an academy in lagos, right now, to me, ny certificate doesn't even mean anything to me.

you are the real MVP

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by excellencygreat(m): 10:37pm On Dec 25, 2015
Hmmmm! @ Op , I deeply got and understood all your message, advice and agony. You know why? Its simply because I am a graduate from the same university. I graduated with 2:2from the department of Industrial Chemistry. Like u rightly said, it was really God's help to have survived all the threats and troubles of our lecturers. Well, my point is that I will appreciate if u can help me find out more about a course in Canada, aeronautic engineering(pilot). Please, I will truly appreciate as I look forward to receiving from u soon. Being an open forum, I don't want to leave my contact here but u can contact me on excellencygreatseun@gmail.com to establish a contact better. thanks.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by lavenjcrown(m): 10:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
Please anybody out there who can summarize d whole story for me
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by leksbore(m): 10:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
mavaakiti:
I can relate to this. I gained admission into the unversity to study English Language, of course I never dreamt of studying english in this my life. I had a jamb score of about 241 and I made distinction in my waec. But I wasn't patient enough to wait another year to write jamb again to study Law. I decided to study the english but I lost interest in school which resulted to spill. I graduated at the age of 22 instead of 21. I'm serving next year June by God's grace. I took advantage of the numerous strikes to study fashion and design in an academy in lagos, right now, to me, ny certificate doesn't even mean anything to me.
pls wats d name of d fashion academy in nugeria
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by laykhorn(m): 11:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Jengbetiele:
Sent you a pm already

Seen and Replied. Thank you sir
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by mavaakiti(f): 12:05am On Dec 26, 2015
leksbore:
pls wats d name of d fashion academy in nugeria
Godwin Green Fashion Academy in Festac Town Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by professore(m): 7:10am On Dec 26, 2015
God bless you
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Ricswagger: 7:32am On Dec 26, 2015
Gentleveks:
THIS IS IT!! i love this i swear, i am always on tears any time i remember that i will be writting jamb for the 5th time but the worst is with my junior sister who i gave 3years in age. Thanks for motivating me this morning merry chrismax to you!
bro don't give up....

like lincoln burrows and majek fashek wil say "just a little patience"
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jasperwhizz(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2015
CHRIST IN ME!
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by jackpot(f): 8:39am On Dec 26, 2015
pxdaniel:
For those of you that do not believe the op (like Cc jackpot), well this link is for you

www.nairaland.com/2477537/kill-myself-wednesday/1

That solves the puzzle then. I knew the story wasn't brand new. Apologies, Jengbetiele. Little did I know it was the same you whom I have read before. You copied yourself then wink

I'm glad to realize that our friend fellowbeing (on that thread)whom planned to kill himself on Wednesday if he has another carryover, has finally graduated. Check out his post
fellowbeing:
Stream 2 ... Moving from Kwara... 0816 509 3488
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by giwafiz: 9:10am On Dec 26, 2015
EKSU EKSU EKSU...
U want to waste your time, come to EKSU...
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Chicallisto: 9:56am On Dec 26, 2015
Op thanks for the inspiration...
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by amokeme(f): 10:04am On Dec 26, 2015
Jengbetiele:

I just have a feeling this may be useful here for some categories of students. Let me quickly share my story with you....the best sermon is one's personal experience. I left secondary school in 2004. By 2005, I got admitted to a state university in Ekiti State. After two years of studies in Ekiti state, I discovered the program I was enrolled into was not accredited. To make the story worse, nearly all lecturers in the faculty of science avidly disliked everything about the program. It was called SLT then.

Consequently, they mark down our papers. Not only that, they called us all sorts of names like NFA, unfortunate students and the likes anyone who attended the university and did that course can attest to what I am saying. My dad happened to be a staff of the University, so I told him about the poor grades, everything I heard about the program and the intensity of the lecturer's hatred for the program all to no avail. All he said was whenever students don’t want to read, they come up with different flimsy excuses so I kept mute.

After five years of my life in that school, my dad was made one of the board members of the faculty so he saw the whole results since the inception of the program. He saw so may spill over students from year 2000, and the fact that the program has not been accredited. I was in 500 level (final year) then with a lot of carry over courses.....carry over is not a big deal in that program....people had 15. It was so worse that from 300level, you can be so sure you are already a spill over student. My father saw how bad it was and he immediately invited me to his office for a meeting. He blamed himself for not listening to me when I complained 3 years earlier and he said he would want me to transfer immediately. That was how I took my transcript using his influence. I was the first person ever and possibly the last person to get a transcript from the program. I returned to 200level in another school entirely when I ought to graduate with maybe a third class or a pass.

I wasted 5years of my life in Ekiti state University and as a result, i was so sad and depressed. Merely sitting with my younger brother's age mate turned my stomach in anger. Infact when I got to the new school, my own younger brother who I happened to be ahead of by 3years became my senior. The retrogression started affecting my grades such that attending classes became a burden. Along the line, I sat myself down and reasoned deeply about how my life has been. For crying out loud, I used to be one of the best students in secondary school. I was only unfortunate to have attended the wrong program in Ekiti. Though I wasn't given any certificate despite the number of years spent but what about the life lessons I learnt?

From that day onward, I made a concrete decision to change my attitude towards my new classmates and I began to humble myself to a fault. Above all, I began to see my new school as the golden opportunity to start afresh again. My declining grades all of a sudden began to soar so high such that I had 5.0/5.0 in one of the semesters with a bit of dedication and I ended finishing top 5 out of the class

Today, I am currently in Canada on a graduate program fully funded by a Canadian university. Up till now, I am yet to spend a dime of myself in Canada because the scholarship covered everything. Guess what? I even got two scholarships from two different universities and just last week, I got another funding again. Yes just last week! What if I had committed suicide then? Would I have seen the goodness almighty God has packaged in my future today? What I am saying in essence is you can fall as much as possible but whenever you fall and refuse to rise again is when you failed. The righteous shall fall seven times.....but they shall rise again.

Conclusively, whatever the case maybe, dust up yourself and try again. Do not give up so easily because winners never quit and quitters never win. I am sure very soon you gonna look back and smile. Every successful man or woman at some point had a share of that gloomy period when you feel you are all alone and the world is about coming down on you. But I am happy to announce to you that alot of people have tread this same path and today they have become success and point of reference in the society. My brothers and sisters, it is never how far, but how well and tough time never lasts tough people do!!!!!!
very inspiring... ill tell my story soon too, and hopefully in motivate alot of people.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Ndolarr: 10:17am On Dec 26, 2015
Can't believe the stuff about unaccredited program in a university in Ekiti! Anyway, what does one expect when the barely literate, danfo driver Governor 'one chance' Fayose is busy cutting ponmo, sharing rice, buying roasted plantain or drinking burukutu with pepper soup openly just to stupidly demonstrate grassroots acceptance! Pity indeed! NUC should please look into the matter in the interest of poor students without connections in right places!!
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by GoldStandard: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2015
Now this is the kind of story that is front page worthy, not Tiwa whatever baby's pictures...

Cool story OP, I'm onto those links you pasted immediately!
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by joselagba: 11:20am On Dec 26, 2015
Pls I have poor grades in my present school, how do I go abt d inter university transfer, Whc university will accept me, pls help me.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by chrisdstar: 11:21am On Dec 26, 2015
@op i luv ur story,dnt mind dem.som1 just shared a testimony,all of a sudden other pple are beginning to see it as a competition,smh this is just d mentality of d average Nigerian(i pass my neighbour mentality)pls i'd like to knw how you applied for the canada scholarship programme.here is my e-mail chrisdstar@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by 3mmyz(m): 11:53am On Dec 26, 2015
I LOVE THIS POST, God bless you sir for sharing this story
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Jengbetiele: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
jackpot:
That solves the puzzle then. I knew the story wasn't brand new. Apologies, Jengbetiele. Little did I know it was the same you whom I have read before. You copied yourself then wink

I'm glad to realize that our friend fellowbeing (on that thread)whom planned to kill himself on Wednesday if he has another carryover, has finally graduated. Check out his post
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Did i not tell you that it was formerly a reply? I wonder why someone would copy a reply meant to be spontaneous o! Anyways.........Thank you and have a good one kiss kiss kiss kiss Merry xmas and happy new year in advance
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by excellencygreat(m): 10:29pm On Dec 26, 2015
Please help me with the email u sent me again. I am having trouble signing into yahoo. Please use excellencygreatseun@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Nobody: 3:32am On Dec 27, 2015
Thinkerspool:
A great deal of testimony, I thank God for your life bro.

You may want to join the league of readers and lovers of great books. Thinkerspool WhatsApp and Facebook group is specifically created for whoever want to connect with like minded individuals.
While others gist about season movies, we talk about books, educate ourselves and everyone learns from everybody.
+2348184419936 (Thinkerspool)
www.nairaland.com/2818120/creative-whatsapp-group-strictly-readers

Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by fellowbeing(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
jackpot:

Funny and scary because this is not from me.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by joselagba: 10:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pls I need Advice, I have poor grades in my present school, pls how do I go abt d Inter university transfer, Whc university will accept me?
Ur Advice or guide will be so appreciated.
Re: Are You Having A Tough Time In Your Academics?? Read My Story by Walexwal: 10:57am On Dec 30, 2015
keep up the good work jengbetiele. I have some few
questions for u bro.

1. Can I defer my admission for a research MSC if am given
d admission becos am likely to win a scholarship for a
taught program at UBC?
2. After gaining admission for a research program will I be
needed pay any fees again aside the app fees or d sch will
take care of it just for me to resume?
3. Please is it all schools that offers graduate assistant program?
4. I will be glad to have your contact pls for further help. mine is walexwaldaguru@gmail.com.... will be glad if you can mail me asap.

keep up the good work bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The State Of University Of Abuja's Hostel Toilet / Identical Twin Brothers Arrested For Alleged Exam Malpractice In Borno / Obinna Udeze Autopsy Result: Septic Shock Killed Pupil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.