Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,034 members, 7,803,477 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:35 PM

Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF (24236 Views)

The 15 Fastest Growing Economies In Africa 2016 — IMF / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk / See Why The Naira May Fall To The Dollar At #1000/$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by boboLIL(m): 7:14pm On Dec 26, 2015
Superstory.. Seeing is believing

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 26, 2015
Jonathan sef

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by ajebuter(f): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
nyben4eva:
I pray it falls to $1 so that our politicians will turn to armed robbers if they don't see oil money to steal.

This is comically hilarious!
grin grin grin grin
Armed robbers.. they are already by the way. grin grin grin grin
Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by princdebola201(m): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
Oyel people can now start drinking their OYEL LOL!!!cheesycheesygrin
Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Pascal181: 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
Kikikikikikikikikikiki.
Do u knw y I'm lafing?
There was a time when dis man (I no call name) blame Jonathan for everyting including dwindling oil revenue.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by drberry(m): 7:18pm On Dec 26, 2015
Hahahahahaha... I remember some time ago, there was a man who told Nigerians that he would stabilize global oil price... grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by sanmibukunmi: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
I told some friends if mine yesterday that Buhari's decision to use $38 as the benchmark for oil is not good move. I told them analysts are predicting $20 for next year....alas they labelled me an antagonist that I want this government to fail.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Coldfeets: 7:19pm On Dec 26, 2015
fuckerholic:
It better fall to 1 dollar..this is good for Africans BC it seems their lazy silly brains can't see any other thing than oil as a means of income.in particular Nigerian politicians can now at least rest or better still back out from politics so the real called ones can stand out

You just spoke my mind. It's high time we start exporting agricultural products cum intellectual content as against oil in this country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Bollinger(m): 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
dearpreye:

Some kind of a huge blessing in disguise. We all knew it was a question of time before Nigeria paid for its decades of visionless, incapable, wasteful and lazy leadership. This is just the beginning.

I am glad you said that. With that being said, i wonder why almost everyone is blaming this present predicament on Buhari. All this didn't just start today. The only way you can blame this present administration is if everything was groovy in the past and all of a sudden things went bad. As far as i can remember, things have always been terrible in Nigeria since independence, so blaming Buhari is nonsensical. Nigerians never rate performances on how good things were; it is always rated on how bad compared to the last administration. Depending on which administration was/is in power. There is a way out of this but will the citizens accept the hard choice? I doubt it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by amunkita(m): 7:21pm On Dec 26, 2015
Very certain...

Iran would flood the market to the extent Nigeria will start Promo on Crude oil..

"Buy one Barge get another Free"

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Adminisher: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
Abiagirl777:
Of course let it fall to 0.0ⁿ0/$ so we can have peace
Meanwhile I want to wish Happy Christmas to the man who appropriated a large portion of the budget for further exploration of oil in the chad basin.
GIVE IT UP FOR!!!!!!!!!!

You are actually the one whose brain has dried up. The money is in the low priority spend area for the NNPC
Every oil producing company and oil countrit's is still exploring.
Multinational oil companies with the smartest economists have not stopped looking for oil. The Yankees spent big sums on shale oil even when the outlook looked bleak looking 10 years in the furure
N40bn is just 200million and the money is not even spent yet.

9 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by WisdomTank: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
This 2016 ehhh, our government dey make us fear coming year now na IMF don come with their own.

Check my signature for your building POP ceiling, Wall Screeding and Pillar Designs
Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bevista:
If oil drops to $20 next year, there would be dire consequences on the economy.
---
(1) Oil revenue will drop from N820bn to under N500bn
(2) Tax Revenue will drop by a significant amount - since PPT and CIT of oil companies contribute a lot to Tax
(3) Foreign Reserves will drop under $25bn
(4) Naira will collapse to around N300/$
(5) Budget deficit will either increase or govt won't be able to implement it's budget.
(6) Many states will not be able to pay salaries or do any capital projects.
(7) Unemployment will increase, GDP will shrink and Nigeria will officially be in a recession.
(cool Rating Agencies (like Moodys) will downgrade the country.This will increase the yield (interest) on our debts.
(9) The Stock Market will crash as investors run away from the country's financial assets
(10) Pension Funds who invest in the capital market will have their assets drop in value, thereby putting the funds of pensioners at risk.
etc
---
Unfortunately, a lot of people will put the blame squarely on PMB's table - with very little consideration to the fact that, over the last few years, our lazy and corrupt leaders choose to make us a Mono-Economy, refused to save for a time like this and refused to invest in infrastructure.
---
No matter how bad things get, I am 100% positive that PMB is the right man to steer us through this trying period. With all the DasukiGate and DiezianiGate revelations, GEJ & PMB would simply have been nothing but a complete disaster with such low oil prices.

The combined wealth of the same crooks who have looted Nigeria can make a measurable impact in recovery.. but hey. PMB knows he cannot do anything about corruption but drama and activity

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by menxer: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
When crude was making Millennium sales high points what was the IMF prediction and advice to Nigeria?

It's just predictions and most negative predictions against Nigeria has so far failed.

Even if their prediction is true, the price can't drop to that in the first 30 days of 2016.

4 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by remiotega: 7:25pm On Dec 26, 2015
Please call this line if u ar interested.location:Aguda surulere Thank you.08070752784
Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Adminisher: 7:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
amunkita:
Very certain...

Iran would flood the market to the extent Nigeria will start Promo on Crude oil..

"Buy one Barge get another Free"

The world has an addiction to oil. This period is like making the drug cheap enough to stimulate appetite and more addiction. The Chinese and Indian middle classes are still growing.

India in particular is growing to grow very fast and demand more oil after 2017. For now we should prepare for hard times and diversify our economy.

6 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Adminisher: 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
voltron:

The combined wealth of the same crooks who have looted Nigeria can make a measurable impact in recovery.. but hey. PMB knows he cannot do anything about corruption but drama and activity

Nigeria has free USD20bn coming every year from diaspora . Nigerians working abroad are now contributing more than oil for the first time in 50 years, so any stupid Niger Delta youth still shouting our oil, our oil should wise up real fast real hard.

This is the year to get out of the stupidity business. Laziness, corruption , slackness, lack of resourcefulness....they are being purged from us by God himself not Buhari.

9 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by kings09(m): 7:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
U realize dat cld hv bn ur dad...imagine hw u wld feel if peeps called ur dad Retardinho. IMF z jst speculating. Some other body said it might rise. So dnt conclude easily n be careful so dat some words do not come back 2 haunt u.
Abiagirl777:
Of course let it fall to 0.0ⁿ0/$ so we can have peace
Meanwhile I want to wish Happy Christmas to the man who appropriated a large portion of the budget for further exploration of oil in the chad basin.
GIVE IT UP FOR!!!!!!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by amunkita(m): 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
Adminisher:

The world has an addiction to oil. This period is like making the drug cheap enough to stimulate appetite and more addiction. The Chinese and Indian middle classes are still growing.

India in particular is growing to grow very fast and demand more oil after 2017. For now we should prepare for hard times and diversify our economy.

Yes India is going to grow but u re forgetting America re yet to commercialize their oil, Iran is there with Millions of Metric tones of crude they have stored since the Sanctions on them.

Saudi/UAE are ready to fall the crude price to expand its customer base which will not be favorable to Nigeria since our production cost is quite high..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by gabicon: 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
I feel this development is a blessing in disguise we will be forced to think n implement alternative sources of income, my only regret is that GEJ didn't save enough to help us diversify conveniently. I don't see 2016 financial year as a tough one but one laced with opportunity to explore untapped resource.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Dark89: 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:
Buhari should have pegged the benchmark at $20 and keep any extra for 2017 Capital Projects

Because if this prediction becomes real, we might end up in an economic crisis.

Borrowing money to finance Capital Projects in a nation like Nigeria whose citizens are corrupt minded might cause Buhari a stroke if these saboteurs divert the money.

Buhari should study his subordinates in 2016 before borrowing.

A wise leader should be patient enough to know the Judas in his ranks. kiss
cool
borrowing money to finance capital project can neva be a waste, if its judiciously used.....but borrowing to finance recurrent expenditure is just out of it

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by oathman(m): 7:38pm On Dec 26, 2015
InternationalMotherFuckers(IMF)

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by kings09(m): 7:41pm On Dec 26, 2015
Even if he pegs it @ $5, ppl go still talk. Borrowing z normal so far d govt z credible enuf 2 repay it's debts ,even America z world's largest debtor. U neva can tel wat d oil price cld be considering it's instability. I pray he undertakes aggressive development in mechanised agriculture n also Nigerians shld stop consuming foreign-made goods. I believe wit these n provision of infrastructure will help improve our economy
EternalTruths:
Buhari should have pegged the benchmark at $20 and keep any extra for 2017 Capital Projects

Borrowing money to finance Capital Projects in a nation like Nigeria whose citizens are corrupt minded might cause Buhari a stroke if these saboteurs divert the money.

cool

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bevista:
If oil drops to $20 next year, there would be dire consequences on the economy.
---
(1) Oil revenue will drop from N820bn to under N500bn
(2) Tax Revenue will drop by a significant amount - since PPT and CIT of oil companies contribute a lot to Tax
(3) Foreign Reserves will drop under $25bn
(4) Naira will collapse to around N300/$
(5) Budget deficit will either increase or govt won't be able to implement it's budget.
(6) Many states will not be able to pay salaries or do any capital projects.
(7) Unemployment will increase, GDP will shrink and Nigeria will officially be in a recession.
(cool Rating Agencies (like Moodys) will downgrade the country.This will increase the yield (interest) on our debts.
(9) The Stock Market will crash as investors run away from the country's financial assets
(10) Pension Funds who invest in the capital market will have their assets drop in value, thereby putting the funds of pensioners at risk.
etc
---
Unfortunately, a lot of people will put the blame squarely on PMB's table - with very little consideration to the fact that, over the last few years, our lazy and corrupt leaders choose to make us a Mono-Economy, refused to save for a time like this and refused to invest in infrastructure.
---
No matter how bad things get, I am 100% positive that PMB is the right man to steer us through this trying period. With all the DasukiGate and DiezianiGate revelations, GEJ & PMB would simply have been nothing but a complete disaster with such low oil prices.
(11)there will be an increase in the cases of robbery
(12)More cases of kidnapping

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by olalat(m): 7:44pm On Dec 26, 2015
I'm. Of the opinion that if syria war is put to stop and isil is defeated, oil price will slightly increased. There are a lot of illigal oil trade in that axis as a result of unregulated drilling and looting of reserves of countries under distress in middle east and north africa. If there could be peace in libya, syria and iraq, there will be slight improvement in global oil price. Iran has been selling through surrogate since and they won't like to flood market with their reserve just like that. We are facing the consequence of poor leadership. May God see us through. Alternatively, I see agriculture as another viable mean of revenue source in couple of years. Millions of jobs could be created through this mean only if we realize early enough. We shall overcome as a nation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 26, 2015
fuckerholic:
It better fall to 1 dollar..this is good for Africans BC it seems their lazy silly brains can't see any other thing than oil as a means of income.in particular Nigerian politicians can now at least rest or better still back out from politics so the real called ones can stand out
you just said it all bro...maybe the real leaders would emerge...this is a stupid country that should have embraced true federalism from time immemorial but chose to thrive on tribalism and oppression of supposed minority groups or zones...

It's crazy bro...

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by DMerciful(m): 7:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
Bubu promised to stabilise it na!
Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by kolafas1: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
TOEZOFFICIAL:
Talk is cheap!...Shey President Buhari promised to stabilize world oil price abi he no win? I jst blame illiterates that believed him and wasted dia votes and don't tell me there was no better option cos Prof Remi sonaiya of kowa was dia. ... Naija needs to revive agriculture or find another means of survival asap!
....if na Jonathan weti u think say he for do now to solve d nations problem

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by onatisi(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2015
roughdiamond:
Nigerian citizens should just sit up. No more light at the end of the tunnel. I 'm not against this administration but it lacks measures to curb the surfacing hard time
the current price of crude oil is 36$ but the govt used 38$ as its benchmark.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by Remii(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
EternalTruths:

cool
its better to borrow to take care of viable project than borrow to pay salary like we did in 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Crude Oil Price Could Fall To $20 In 2016 – IMF by olalat(m): 7:51pm On Dec 26, 2015
This tread is not for people like you.its far beyond your iq. Just shot it ok.
drberry:
Hahahahahaha... I remember some time ago, there was a man who told Nigerians that he would stabilize global oil price... grin grin grin

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

You Get Paid #70,000 per month After Registering With #1,000 On Ibnaira. / 5 Habits That Will Kill Your Entrepreneurial Dream / Those Who Want Naira To Be ₦400 To Dollar Are Living In A Dream World - Moghalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.