Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:33 AM

Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? (45496 Views)

60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / 46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually / 8 Nigerian Wives Who Are Stronger Than Their Husbands (Pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by danidee10(m): 3:06pm On Dec 25, 2015
Amberon:
Wrong!! my parents have been married for about 33 yes and my mom looks like a sweet 16.

U can lie ehnnnn
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by missyadorable(f): 3:24pm On Dec 25, 2015
PresVA:
Why won't women look older than their husbands when some men can't just help their wives at home. .

The woman works 8-6
Takes care of the children and husband
Cooks and does ALL house chores. . Most times the woman wakes up 4am and sleeps around 12am.. and she still has to satisfy her husband in bed...
Coupled with childbirth. .

Some silly men will even say they don't want house maids in their house...

After all these, you expect her to look like Kim...

Get up and start helping your wife at home. .then register her with a fitness centre. .

What do you mean? Only a good n reasonable man rejects a housemaid in his house...All men sleep with maid.Better to avoid having one
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by PresVA: 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
missyadorable:

What do you mean? Only a good n reasonable man rejects a housemaid in his house...All men sleep with maid.Better to avoid having one
The man is only reasonable if he helps at home. . You won't raise a finger in the house and you won't also allow your wife get some help? undecided

All men sleep with maids, really? ? Even if, so women should kill themselves with chores cos the husband will sleep with their maid abi? Mtcheeeew. .

I'm not talking about live in maids though, just someone who comes around maybe twice a week to tidy up...

If only husbands will learn to help, then there maybe no need for maids. ...

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2015
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by malikjosiah(m): 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
Amberon:
Wrong!! my parents have been married for about 33 yes and my mom looks like a sweet 16.
this your lie no get part2.. Shea u don obtain diploma in lying.
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Amberon: 3:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm not lying. its true. you don't believe?
malikjosiah:
this your lie no get part2.. Shea u don obtain diploma in lying.
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by anumide(f): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
tomdon:
Lack of self care. simple and short. not all women though. solution: marry a lady u are 10-15 years older than
shocked for real?
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Sibrah: 3:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
CUM4WHAT:
withdraw dat statement..... . Its coz of too much 4k b4 marriage
Yes O. After distributing more flesh than a meat seller they start worrying about the current meat 'promo' in town. I have see few reverse case of woman being younger in looks but they were undoubtedly decent women.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by lawrenzooo: 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2015
Amberon:
Then I guess your dad must be looking under 10.
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by sukkot: 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
Etizz:

Not everything u see is exactly what you think...... I guess u don't understand my point..... Pervert.
grin grin
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by comodo: 4:29pm On Dec 25, 2015
michael142:
This is because Naija women don't take care of themselves after child birth. My ex is married, she has 4 kids now, she is 31 years and married for 6 years now. She old like old mama. Naija girls nor dey care for themselves after child birth.
Gbam. that's d case. they leave everything, no care for their body anymore. some just eat anything anyhow. start developing fats in d arm and everywhere. I keep asking why all those I don't care attitude. Just few will try to keep things in moderation. After one issue, a very slim & sexy woman will turn herself to room & parlour.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by missdrake(f): 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
martineverest:
U mean African women? They are overly lazy, especially in doing physical exercises that will keep them fresh and young. Even the full time house wife will still seek for house help. They should take a cue from their foreign counterpart

Most of the ignorant Nigerian women doesn't know that bleaching makes them look 5-10 yrs older

seriously I agree with u esp on d last sentence cos I have a cousin who is 3yrs younger Dan me buh unfortunately if u see both of us u ll think DAT she is 6yrs older than me cos she don bleach to d extent DAT she is as fair as anything u can think of.nobody has ever agreed that am older than her. and again too much bleeping before marriage dey age women too and also body enhancement drugs like boobs and butt enhancement creams and drug age women too.not forgetting d gluttony behavior of some women wey forget say awoof dey purge belle.
childbirth again is a factor too
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
Generally, ladies mature AND age a bit earlier than the equivalent male.

The average lady will view a man who is 8 - 14 years older as way too old, preferring to marry a man who is the same age as herself, or no more than 3 years older. At this point, husband and wife are relatively young, and look pretty much the same age.

Fast forward 15 years, 1 - 4 children later, and the wife MAY look older than her husband, more so if she did NOT get herself back into shape post-child birth.

The larger the age gap between husband and wife (in favour of the husband) the LESS likely the wife will APPEAR older 20 years down the line. And yeah, even if she's had 5 children.

To sum things up:

A lady will look a similar or younger age to her husband IF the age gap was greater when both of them were younger, even if she plays "catch up" and is LESS careful in terms of looking after herself.

A lady MAY look a similar or older age to her husband IF the age gap was smaller when both of them were younger, and will have a harder and dare I say, more expensive time looking young beside her husband.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nnetriplet: 5:52pm On Dec 25, 2015
I got married to my hubby at the age of 21 and he is 19 years older than me....looking at us you could never ever ever guess that they is such a huge age gap between us, cos he is very lanky and welll am on the fleshy side....i think it has to do with the biological make up of the female body...we mature faster therefore tend to age faster.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Nnetriplet:
I got married to my hubby at the age of 21 and he is 19 years older than me....looking at us you could never ever ever guess that they is such a huge age gap between us, cos he is very lanky and welll am on the fleshy side....i think it has to do with the biological make up of the female body...we mature faster therefore tend to age faster.

Good for you! May your union forever remain blessed. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Stanumoh: 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2015
It's quite simple : Lack of maintenance ; when you buy a piece of equipment and u don't schedule it for a periodic maintenance den it's sure to fail sooner than later. women naturally tend to look very aged after pregnancy, and this is cos of the expansions nd hormonal imbalances her body has had to go tru during pregnancy. restoring her back (or near) to her former self stats would require sincere positive efforts. Her diet and regular exercise are key to achieving this. the hubby has a very important part to play by supporting her emotionally. concerned wifeys should give it a fair try. wink
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by bona101(m): 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
The reverse is just the case here. Men actually grow older.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
anumide:

shocked for real?

Why do you seem so surprised?
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by FuckTheMod: 7:42pm On Dec 25, 2015
PresVA:
Why won't women look older than their husbands when some men can't just help their wives at home. .

The woman works 8-6
Cooks and does ALL house chores. . Most times the woman wakes up 4am and sleeps around 12am.. and she still has to satisfy her husband in bed...

Get up and start helping your wife at home. .then register her with a fitness centre. .
Lazy blabbing fat wife

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Diovinci: 8:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
kstadaura:
Hello guys, morning, how was your night? I would like to start with merry xmas to our Christian brothers and sisters.

I have been asking myself this question, whenever i see a marriage that lasted for more than 10 or 15 years, if you look at the husband and the wife you will se that the wife always looks older, do you have any ideas why?
The truth is Women age faster than men
Especially after childs bearing, but even when there is no children as long as that wife starts to put on weight apart Frm the age difference she will look older

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by PresVA: 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
FuckTheMod:

Lazy blabbing fat wife
grin grin grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm American. I never heard that wives look older than their husbands until I started hanging around Nigerians. One thing I noticed with Nigerians is that when a woman gets married and has children people start yelling that she can't wear sexy clothes. Maybe Nigerian wives look older because their society tells them to to dress like old women. I'm sure child birth, lack of good medical care, and lots of house work plays a role too.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Fanirandele: 9:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
PresVA:

The woman works 8-6

true, a woman will do just as much work as a man in the office yet when they both get home its her that will cook, get the children's things ready for school, wash dishes and tidy up and still be ready for action in bed. Then in the morning she has to wake up before the husband to cook and get the kids ready for school. Basically women do about 3ice what men do on a daily basis not to talk of pregnancy , how won't she look old. white women have time for gym, pedicure e.t.c because the husbands handle half of the house chores

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by evadreams(f): 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
martineverest:
with house helps?

I pity the woman wen go marry you.... you are a typical African man. reading all ur comments on this thread shows u have no regards or respect for women. As for ur aunty who is 44 n younger than your 22 year old cousin don't forget we women have different body type, body physiology, genetic make up, environmental and emotional stress e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by pemiivy01(f): 10:16pm On Dec 25, 2015
Childbirth, stress and the african mentality of our men of not helping in household chores makes women age faster than men.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by anumide(f): 10:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Siena:

Why do you seem so surprised?
I like space, but 15 years seem too much.
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by martineverest(m): 10:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
evadreams:

I pity the woman wen go marry you.... you are a typical African man. reading all ur comments on this thread shows u have no regards or respect for women. As for ur aunty who is 44 n younger than your 22 year old cousin don't forget we women have different body type, body physiology, genetic make up, environmental and emotional stress e.t.c
madam,I absolutely respect women. In fact,I grew up with 5 sisters and the only boy amongst them.i am highly chivalrous.... To cut the long story short, my sisters took the role of a father from primary to university.... They are all hardworking and even earning more than their Husbands. The fact remains that modern Nigerian women at too lazy for my liking... When u travel out,u will know what I am saying. In fact, most white women are more hardworking than Nigerian men.... It amazes me to see must Nigerian' fill time' house wives still have house help.u hardly see a working class white woman with nanny left alone white house wife

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 25, 2015
anumide:

I like space, but 15 years seem too much.

I see.

Still, as long as the couple in question are happy, nothing else matters.

I'm 8 years older than my wife. cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by anumide(f): 10:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
Siena:

I see.
eight years is cool on second thought, ten isn't bad either.
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by anumide(f): 10:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Siena:

I see.
eight years is really cool on second thought, ten isn't bad either. grin
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by bukatyne(f): 11:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
ATERI:

No, an intelligent woman wouldn`t choose career over husband. One reason is that you can still start a career at 38, but should you wait till 38 to get married you may have to settle for no children of your own. So biology puts women at a disadvantage
The most extraordinary fraud men have been able to get away with is to convince modern woman that gender equaliry is good for her. If we look at it closely, it places enormous burden on women. The fact that men don`t become pregnant means that his life is an easy one. So the African culture tries to minimize the burden on women by saying that it`s the man that must be the provider. That doesn`t mean some women would not earn more than their husbands, but the bottom-line is providing is one of the primary responsibilities of the husband. Once the West came up with 50-50, a scam was born. I must add that even in the West the household that is most stable is the one that embraces the African model
This thread is about why women look older. Well, it is the type of question you expect from a man, isn`t it?
Let me just point out that notwithstanding the difficult nature of their lives, women still live longer than men

Season`s Greetings

Compliments of the season

How is gender equality the biggest fraud in this scenario?

Is there any difference between a woman who splits the bills and one who doesn't if they both work?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Fanirandele: 11:34pm On Dec 25, 2015
martineverest:
madam,I absolutely respect women. In fact,I grew up with 5 sisters and the only boy amongst them.i am highly chivalrous.... To cut the long story short, my sisters took the role of a father from primary to university.... They are all hardworking and even earning more than their Husbands. The fact remains that modern Nigerian women at too lazy for my liking... When u travel out,u will know what I am saying. In fact, most white women are more hardworking than Nigerian men.... It amazes me to see must Nigerian' fill time' house wives still have house help.u hardly see a working class white woman with nanny left alone white house wife

because the husbands pitch in, how many Nigerian men cook , do Laundry, help the kids with bathiing ,do the dishes e.t.c REGULARLY When both the husband and wife pitch in to do all those chorse there is really no need for a maid

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau / Should I End The The Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.