Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,641 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? (45489 Views)

60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / 46 Kenyan Women Strip Unclad Because Their Husbands Can't Satisfy Them Sexually / 8 Nigerian Wives Who Are Stronger Than Their Husbands (Pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by ATERI(m): 2:56am On Dec 26, 2015
]
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by ATERI(m): 4:17am On Dec 26, 2015
bukatyne:

Compliments of the season

How is gender equality the biggest fraud in this scenario?

Is there any difference between a woman who splits the bills and one who doesn't if they both work?

Let`s not forget that the issue of gender equality was first forced on the West by circumstances. It was during the World Wars the West was forced tp allow women to work, as most men had to go out and fight. The Wars allowed men to see the advantages of letting women do most of the work that were formerly done by men. So men started to think about turning women into a permanent labour force- very crucial for post-war reconstruction and industrialization.
In other words, the capitalist system cannot run smoothly unless women join the labour force.
Why is it that enormous pay gap still exists between men and women in the West?
Since 1776 till today, a woman has never been elected to govern United States, so what is gender equality about
It is the economic gains derivable from gender equality that the West is interested in, not a better life for women

Wife helping husband is normal, that is not the problem; but the 50-50 mentality is what I find obnoxiuos
Women don`t share pregnancy with men. If a woman should die in labour the man is not going to be killed the following day because they were both responsible for the pregnancy.
The Western society is playing Russian Roulette with the fact that men and women are two different to be equal
In some cities the ratio of men to women is 1:3, that is 3 women available for one man, so where is the level playing field going to come from
I will leave you with a conundrum I`ve never been able to work out: a survey conducted a while ago showed very clearly that, all other things being equal, a man would prefer an office clerk or high school teacher to a lawyer or female engineer for marriage. Well, I don`t just get that

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 26, 2015
michael142:
This is because Naija women don't take care of themselves after child birth. My ex is married, she has 4 kids now, she is 31 years and married for 6 years now. She old like old mama. Naija girls nor dey care for themselves after child birth.

You have no clue what it is to take care of a child. How do you expect her to look after 4 small children with probably not much help and not look haggard. When the children grow up she will go back to looking nice. If you all want your wives to look nice after they have children make sure you help out!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Moana(f): 6:44am On Dec 26, 2015
Reference:

You know how to quote money, money, money. Now get a pair of $5 sneakers and hit the road. The botox won't matter.
So what am i meant to quote? Goats? How do you buy healthy food? How do you pay your gym subscription? How do you pay for cosmetic surgery? All you know is talking about things you have no knowledge of.

undecided were you not comparing them to foreign counterparts who normally resort to plastic surgery and other expensive means to stay in shape. undecided you clearly are a learner! And which good trainers cost $5? grin or do you expect them to jog with bathing slippers?

You do know one has to change routines, you cannot jog until the second coming and expect to maintain the same results. From the way you sound you clearly know nothing about exercise and staying fit, yet you preach for the next person to do it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by brytee: 6:48am On Dec 26, 2015
Truth is that the beauty of a woman can be compared to a beautiful flower that blossoms during spring. Here today, gone tomorrow. That is why the earlier a woman gets married, say 23 - 27, the better for her. Women these days lose a lot of essence after child birth and need to do a lot to regain and retain this. The western women understand this phenomenon and work hard to return to the status quo right after child birth. Men are also responsible, forcing their wives to become pregnant unnecessarily without planning for it, unnecessary marital problems like infidelity can make a once beautiful to become old as a result of thinking through out the night and crying. My mom is 56 ds year and is still looking as beautiful as ever, because she's well taken care of.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Moana(f): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2015
sonofananimal:
shut your God damn mouth!

selfish thing you are! where is the money coming from undecided

Who put roof ontop your head!

Who is taking care of the children school fees

Who is providing for the the food you eat everyday undecided

Who is working his ass off just to see you don't lack undecided

But yet you WOMEN claim busy! Busy by what undecided

Selfish creature you are!

If it is stressful! Go ask your father how he see you through your school and even put you to the university where you and your gang practice all manner of RUBBISH but yet complain.

Eeediot
maybe you are the one who was raised by an unemployed woman because the rest of us (well most of us) were raised by educated women that work 8-12hr days and contributed to the groceries, utilities and school fees equally with our fathers... So i dont know why you are rumbling all this rubbish

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by darlenese(f): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2015
African men do not take good care of their wives! All they do is impregnate these women and drop money for upkeep, and the monies are hardly enof

How many naija men register their wives at the gym?
How many naija men encourage their wives to jog In the morning , or even assist their wives to do aerobics

Some of these women don't even have house help so they have to do all the chores from morning till night,
Those of u saying niaja women are lazy and sit about tying wrappers , may God forgive u.
Niaja women are most hardworking women in the world!

We work too hard and forget ourselves! That the crime we HV committed .

Any women who is married to a man that is financially boyant will always look good, cos there's enof money to spend and hire househelps , so she has enof time to take care of herslef , unlike the poor woman

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by darlenese(f): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2015
Moana:
maybe you are the one who was raised by an unemployed woman because the rest of us (well most of us) were raised by educated women that work 8-12hr days and contributed to the groceries, utilities and school fees equally with our fathers... So i dont know why you are rumbling all this rubbish

That guy wasn't raised in a home , so he doesn't hv an idea about what women go through

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 26, 2015
darlenese:

That guy wasn't raised in a home , so he doesn't hv an idea about what women go through
you were raise in a broken home, that's why you have no idea about what men go through!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Moana:
yes! I was raised by an unemployed WOMAN of those days who know the value of life and support his/her children with any support she can give! And by the way! My popsi also play the mayor rule of supporting me to where I am now.

Unlike you who where raised by an educated WOMAN you called your mother who don't know the rule and value of your popsi and so therefore training you in a manner foolishness and lack of sense or rather respect your God damn mouth!

I'm sure your mother was an educated PROSTITUTE who raised you. That's why you think the way you think.

So don't bother quoting me!

WOMEN with lack of virtue who have no respect of there father (just like this EEDIOT )

Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by darlenese(f): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
sonofananimal:
you were raise in a broken home, that's why you have no idea about what men go through!

You have no respect for women , it speaks alot about your background !

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 26, 2015
darlenese:

You have no respect for women , it speaks alot about your background !
you have no respect for men (your father), and it speaks ALOT about your background !

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by darlenese(f): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2015
sonofananimal:
you have no respect for men (your father), and it speaks ALOT about your background !

grin grin grin copy and paste embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:35am On Dec 26, 2015
darlenese:

grin grin grin copy and paste embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
karma!

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by ifyan(m): 11:43am On Dec 26, 2015
sonofananimal:
M

Na lie him supose be A
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 26, 2015
ifyan:

Na lie him supose be A
lol grin which A

ARABI English ABI?
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by ifyan(m): 11:56am On Dec 26, 2015
sonofananimal:
lol grin which A

ARABI English ABI?

Kai! My people make una come see oh!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Moana(f): 10:15am On Dec 27, 2015
sonofananimal:
yes! I was raised by an unemployed WOMAN of those days who know the value of life and support his/her children with any support she can give! And by the way! My popsi also play the mayor rule of supporting me to where I am now.

Unlike you who where raised by an educated WOMAN you called your mother who don't know the rule and value of your popsi and so therefore training you in a manner foolishness and lack of sense or rather respect your God damn mouth!

I'm sure your mother was an educated PROSTITUTE who raised you. That's why you think the way you think.

WOMEN with lack of virtue who have no respect of there father (just like this EEDIOT )

Nonsense
grin e don pain you abi. So because my mother works she doesnt respect her husband? My father is not insecure he doesn't see his wife as his opponent. Its not your fault you were raised to have a shallow mind. I will pray for you today so God can deliver you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Moana(f): 10:17am On Dec 27, 2015
darlenese:

lol thank you

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by saintfizzo(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
This is exactly why I don't wanna marry, Jesus don died for us all alrdy, I don't need another female specie suffering and dying for me
grad2012:
Dey cook for u,dey bear children for u not one not two as many as u and ur family wants,sometimes dey face inlaws wahala, dey work and o if I may forget dey dear not say no when u want to make luv to dem. if only u know d strength it takes to carry one child u will salute every wonderful wife and mother u see out der. Stop stressing dem out and start giving dem peace of mind,stop cheating and making dem worried and start apreciating dem and be faithful,stop being selfish and start helping dem take care of der body and health becos dey forget to do dis sometimes becos der busy taking care of u and ur children.
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by preetygina: 4:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wow! I so much love this thread. Really had fun reading all ur comments. most of d answers re correct so let me now sum all together.
LACK OF EXERCISE
CHILD BIRTH
LACK OF PERSONAL CARE
POVERTY
INFIDELITY
AGE DIFFERENCE
STRESS
FAMILY PROBLEMS
BARRENNESS( THE THOUGHT CAN KILL)
LACK OF HUBBY'S LOVE N CARE
OBESITY
POOR HYGEINE
POOR DIET
E.T.C
BELIEVE IT OR NOT, EITHER OF THESE CAN MAKE A WOMAN AGE FASTER.
MY ADVICE: WOMEN LET'S TRY TO HELP OUR SELVES OK IRRESPECTIVE OF WHATSOEVER WE MIGHT BE PASSING THROUGH.PERSONALLY, MY HUBBY N I ARE JST AVERAGE, NOT SO WEALTHY, NOT POOR EITHER BUT I TRY TO BE HAPPY AT ALL TIMES. AFTER CHILD BIRTH, NATURALLY, I PUT UP WEIGHT N IT BOTHERS ME SO I TRY TO WATCH WAT I EAT N ANY LITTLE CHANCE I GET, I SKIP IN MY HOUSE N DO TUMMY EXERCISE COS NO TIME FOR GYM. IF U FEEL HUBBY CHEATS ON U, TRY GET UR MIND OFF IT, GET BUSY AND CONSOLE UR SELF BY SAYING "MEN ARE NATURALLY POLYGAMOUS" (A NICE TIP I LEARNT FROM MY MUM) SO THAT U CAN LIVE MUCH LONGER COS IF U DARE DIE BECOS OF HIM, UR KIDS WUD PAY DEARLY FOR IT. FOR THOSE OF US SHOUTING "HOUSE CHORES" IT'S ANOTHER FORM OF EXERCISE O IF U DO IT WITH HAPPINESS.IT WOULD NOT KILL U EITHER. SOMETIMES I EVEN REGRET GETTING A HELP COS HE IS SO HARDWORKING DAT HE MAKES ME LAZY SOMETIMES BUT I TRY TO HELP AFTER AM DONE CARING FOR D KIDS. AS FOR SEX, IF U BOTH RE IN LOVE, U DO IT TO CATCH FUN AND TO EXERCISE TOO AFTER WHICH U SLEEP REAL TIGHT.AS FOR SOME OF US WHOSE HUBBY MAKE THEIR LIVES MISERABLE N THOSE WHO RE POOR WITH LOTS OF RESPONSIBILITIES ON THEIR SHOULDERS SHOULD HOPE ON GOD BELIEVING THAT MIRACLE WOULD HAPPEN SOMEDAY. FINALLY, IF U SPACE CHILD BEARING, WITH D HELP OF FAMILY PLANNING, IT WONT TELL ON U SOO MUCH AND I ALSO URGE OUR MEN TO PLSSSSSS HELP USSS IN GOD'S NAME. THANKX TO U ALL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Joy1706(f): 1:22pm On Jan 04, 2016
sonofananimal:

Nonsense
Oh I see! Ur mother was unemployed ba? She just sat on her fat ass eating yr dad's money ba? That's why u think all women are like ur mother. Pele! Women these days work my dear. Son of an animal indeed! Even upon the fact that ur mom was an unemployed illiterate, she still could not succeed in training u well. I mean u have no qualms calling someone's mother a prostitute.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joy1706:

Oh I see! Ur mother was unemployed ba? She just sat on her fat ass eating yr dad's money ba? That's why u think all women are like ur mother. Pele! Women these days work my dear. Son of an animal indeed! Even upon the fact that ur mom was an unemployed illiterate, she still could not succeed in training u well. I mean u have no qualms calling someone's mother a prostitute.
you bastard!

Did I qoute you any form!

What's your problem?

If I were to brag! You, your mom and your entire family can't reach the foot of my household.

Get the FVCK out of my side and have a nice day! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Joy1706(f): 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2016
sonofananimal:
you bastard!

Did I qoute you any form!

What's your problem?

If I were to brag! You, your mom and your entire family can't reach the foot of my household.

Get the FVCK out of my side and have a nice day! undecided
Hahahahaha! Only on NL, a nobody will claim to be somebody. Go and sleep jor. With ur unemployed and uneducated mother, u wanna brag? Lmao!Don't compare urself to my family o where we're all professionals. U will jst hate ur life

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2016
Well they say women mature faster. And I guess the post baby weight that a lot of women gain. At the same time, this isn't a hard and fast rule.

And ultimately, men die earlier so grin
Even if we be looking old we go still dey aliiive
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by grad2012(f): 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
Joy1706:

Hahahahaha! Only on NL, a nobody will claim to be somebody. Go and sleep jor with ur unemployed and uneducated mother, u
wanna brag? Lmao!Don't compare urself to my family o where we're all professionals. U will jst hate ur life
madam pls don't keep replying this guy he writes like a very uncultured human being an has no respect absolutely no respect for women.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Joy1706(f): 10:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
grad2012:
madam pls don't keep replying this guy he writes like a very uncultured human being an has no respect absolutely no respect for women.
My dear I know o. He's truly the son of an animal. Sometimes I just wanna put him in his place. Such a scum bag

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Ugosample(m): 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
ATERI:

Let`s not forget that the issue of gender equality was first forced on the West by circumstances. It was during the World Wars the West was forced tp allow women to work, as most men had to go out and fight. The Wars allowed men to see the advantages of letting women do most of the work that were formerly done by men. So men started to think about turning women into a permanent labour force- very crucial for post-war reconstruction and industrialization.
In other words, the capitalist system cannot run smoothly unless women join the labour force.
Since 1776 till today, a woman has never been elected to govern United States, so what is gender equality about
It is the economic gains derivable from gender equality that the West is interested in, not a better life for women

Wife helping husband is normal, that is not the problem; but the 50-50 mentality is what I find obnoxiuos
Women don`t share pregnancy with men. If a woman should die in labour the man is not going to be killed the following day because they were both responsible for the pregnancy.
The Western society is playing Russian Roulette with the fact that men and women are two different to be equal
In some cities the ratio of men to women is 1:3, that is 3 women available for one man, so where is the level playing field going to come from
I will leave you with a conundrum I`ve never been able to work out: a survey conducted a while ago showed very clearly that, all other things being equal, a man would prefer an office clerk or high school teacher to a lawyer or female engineer for marriage. Well, I don`t just get that

That survey could be flawed because the sample size may have not been properly drawn, that is the problem with some of these surveys.
In my circle, we prefer the lawyers and the engineers o
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Trueyarn(m): 1:01am On Aug 20, 2016
You guys are just attributing this whole thing to house chores and child birth, My mom is in her late 50s and she has 4 children, all boys and she is a workaholic, trust me. All of us were blatantly stubborn and you can imagine the stress of seeing to the coordination of 4 boys but my mom still looks very young, no wrinkles, no pot belly. Sometimes people who don't know think our last born is actually her first child. All i am trying to say is this, it's all nature, her kid sis looks way older than her. That's nature for you, it is everywhere not just Nigerian women.
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 20, 2016
ATERI:

Great post
Re: Why Are Wives Looking Older Than Their Husbands? by Becina(f): 12:18am On Aug 21, 2016
when you go and marry mama iyabo when she comes drop one...wetin go happen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Can You Start A Family With This Salary In Nigeria? / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau / Should I End The The Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.