Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,207 members, 7,780,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:12 PM

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane (44530 Views)

Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video) / Man Who Survived ADC Airline Plane Crash In Lagos Thanks God 10Years After / Nigerian Passenger Battles Turkish Airline Over Missing Luggage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 25, 2015
Some angry Nigerians last night took extreme measures in order to prevent a just arrived Turkish Airline plane from leaving the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, Abuja.

They are Nigerians based in Turkey and had arrived the county in very high spirits last Sunday onboard Turkish Airlines to celebrate Christmas with their loved ones. Only to find out on landing, that their luggage had not been flown down with them from Istanbul, Turkey. They were told to check back on Tuesday, and when they showed up at the airport on Tuesday, were asked to come back again on Thursday.

Last night they checked back, and when their luggage was still no where to be found, the stranded passengers swore not to let the Turkish Airline that just landed to leave till they get a good response. These guys lay down beside the tires to ensure that while others vented their anger and frustration.

See more photos below:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/12/photos-angry-passengers-at-abuja.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 25, 2015
lalasticlala

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Demmocrats(m): 8:20am On Dec 25, 2015
Only to find out on landing, that their luggage had not been flown down with them from Istanbul, Turkey. They were told to check back on Tuesday, and when they showed up at the airport on Tuesday, were asked to come back again on Thursday.

At the end they will label that Nigeria has the worst Aviation Standard, the Turkish Airline should compensate all the affected passengers for any inconvenience they might have caused them or face legal actions from the passengers.

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 25, 2015
more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Demmocrats(m): 8:23am On Dec 25, 2015
#Orubebe_Style grin grin

17 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 25, 2015
last

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Demmocrats(m): 8:26am On Dec 25, 2015
To rudely interrupt an important meeting throwing tantrums like a little kid which may attract scoldings from a mature, wiser adult

The groom's ex Orubebed his wedding.

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Kingsasian(m): 8:30am On Dec 25, 2015
Na wa o. It is only in Nigeria that issues like this are seen. We are no longer treated and given the respect we deserve even in our own country. If na me na small thing go remain make I no blow up the plane.
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by ojun50(m): 8:35am On Dec 25, 2015
I most do xmas for 9ja
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 25, 2015
This is a sad situation. I can imagine the frustration of those passengers. Coming over to Nigeria and then having your luggage stuck somewhere for days without anybody really doing anything about it.
As usual, now that it has become an international embarrassment, their issues would be sorted out speedily.

That notwithstanding, this highlights serious security issues in our airports. How come a group of disgruntled passengers were able to get so close to the plane. What if their demonstration suddenly turns violent and they start vandalising the plane? So if terrorists actually want to blow up a plane this is the same way they would have easy access. Na wa o.

21 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Eleniyan15: 8:39am On Dec 25, 2015
Fvking airline

2 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 25, 2015
Even though the passengers have a good case, what they are doing has implications on Aviation Safety/Security. How did they gain access to the aircraft. Besides, they could also be put on the no-fly list. There are organs with responsibility for dealing with passenger/customer complaints in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by FrontPageLawyer(m): 9:49am On Dec 25, 2015
How they addressed their grievances is not my problem, but how they accessed the airport tarmac without a boarding pass is worrisome. This is a serious breach in security which shows how ineptitude our airport securities are.

The aircraft is no longer safe because its safety has been compromised.

Someone at the top must be held accountable for this show of shame and madness.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by TunezMediaBlog2: 10:08am On Dec 25, 2015
That guy taking a Selfie... Just epic

3 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by raziboi(m): 10:21am On Dec 25, 2015
De only Good thing in dis.. country.....
is just being alive.....

6 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Psalm18: 10:31am On Dec 25, 2015
Lol

Some of those people have promised their relations gifts

Others have their clothes for Xmas posing inside the luggage.
Turkish airlines better get it out!!

5 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Feranmicharles(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2015
That guy lying next to the tyres get mind o. If na me,na so so bad bad tins go dey come my mind... Like

(1) What if the pilot just start the plane suddenly
(2) What if the ground has superglue that I'd be so glued to the ground
(3) What if one kind wind blow and move the plane

Someone has to be careful o

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2015
This is a terror act
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by ClassCaptain(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2015
cry cry
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Richcreed(m): 10:31am On Dec 25, 2015
extreme measure,well taken
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Sam5000: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2015
Huh
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Psalm18: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
How they addressed their grievances is not my problem, but how they accessed the airport tarmac without a boarding pass is worrisome. This is a serious breach in security which shows how ineptitude our airport securities are.

The aircraft is no longer safe because its safety has been compromised.

Someone at the top must be held accountable for this show of shame and madness.

Absolutely right.
That's another angle I never thought of.
Our airlines and airports are not secured enough.

3 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by otemanuduno: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2015
Desole
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 25, 2015
Great

+ what's the management saying?
+ where is Amaechi sef?
+ oh, I forgot, it's peak period for the airline industry.
+ can't they check back when el-Zarkazy is released undecided

3 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by Nimblemind(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2015
Lol...
Village people go don dey talk say "he just go obodo oyibo, e no even bring anything come", I understand why they're vexed!

10 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by veraiyke(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2015
Which kind tori be that. Come today come come tomorrow. When has passegers started returning back to airports hours and even days to receive their luggage.

1 Like

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by superken(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2015
This is serious issue o

See more exclusive photos here:

http://www.042express.com/2015/12/drama-turkish-airline-plane-arrives.html
Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by dechandel(f): 10:34am On Dec 25, 2015

These airlines have a way of being a total disappointment!!
I am sure Mama Emeka must have been waiting for his obodo oyibo son to shout and shower praises on him.

#Nollywood oshey grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Passengers At Abuja Airport Sleep Under Turkish Airline Plane by OCTAVO: 10:36am On Dec 25, 2015
Naija I hail thee. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of Newly Transformed Onitsha / Two Airliners Land Side By Side On Parallel Runways In California / Picture Of Emdee Tiamiyu On His Way To UK In September 2022.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.