Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World (22130 Views)

Bank Of America Is Slashing Up To 8,400 Jobs / Fear Of Job Losses As FX Scarcity Persists, Oil Prices Crash Further / My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2015
Hello Nairalanders, compliments of the season and wishing you all a beautiful celebration with your family and loved ones.

I am planning to start this thread which is basically for the purpose of those who are interested in learning how to trade FOREX or traders who are already active in the fx market.. it will trickle down to my daily thought process in the market, which is: picking a viable live trade setup, my reason for picking it and how it all went down.

Forex is not an ideal career path for everyone, it takes a lot to master the art and professionals still learn one or two things on a daily basis as each trade setup unfolds... I will also try to show you that ugly side of fx wen it goes down... Lol.. My losing streaks and winning streaks as an fx trader will be see here...

Once in a while, I will try dropping some nice articles regarding 4x psychology (which I love the most) or some gist dt may interest us all... Will be starting of live trading from 2nd of January 2016...

So Ladies & Gentlemen, lemme allow u guys eat ur Xmas rice and chicken or Pounded Yam, Egusi wif bushmeat (my favorite) b4 I bore u wif my gist on fx....

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

1 Like

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2015
which forex broker are u starting with?
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 27, 2015
Nice one bro. Merry Christmas n New Year in Advance.

Have heard most peeps considering 'Indices' up n down rise n fall etc. dunno much about it but heard it's way easier than Fx

Can you please put some light to this. And for FX, I hope you will be generous enough to put us(me) through from the scratch (FX for dummies)

Am Grateful in advance sir/ma
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
stardragon:
which forex broker are u starting with?
, hello dragon, my broker is FXCM...
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
Ryder306:
Nice one bro. Merry Christmas n New Year in Advance.

Have heard most peeps considering 'Indices' up n down rise n fall etc. dunno much about it but heard it's way easier than Fx

Can you please put some light to this. And for FX, I hope you will be generous enough to put us(me) through from the scratch (FX for dummies)

Am Grateful in advance sir/ma

Hello Ryder, most definitely, I will try my best to breakdown everything I do while picking a trade.. I hate complexities myself and I must say, my charts are almost naked (devoid of so many indicators), I actually trade trends on a chart.

As for the induces you mentioned, I am not too clear with that question, but am sure if you throw more light on it, I should have an idea...
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by Samyj247: 1:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
i m interested o
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
Samyj247:
i m interested o
Hello Sami, no Lele boss, I hope we all make it an interesting experience, the year is gradually coming to a close and am so looking forward to the new year.
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 6:20pm On Jan 01, 2016
Happy new year nairalanders, I wish everyone a better year than the previous one, but most importantly I wish everyone the fortitude to keep to their new year's resolution, and not falling back to their old habits that kept us stagnant or moving at a slow pace.

For me, my new year resolution would be, to be a better trader psychologically, because I believe one can only get better in trading by disciplining the mind... I am also of the opinion that been the best at whatever one decides to do starts by conquering the mind. Once u achieve this, the body follows and your action shows it.

That been said, areas I would love to work on this 2016, is knowing when to take a break from trading, especially when I am psychologically fatigued or emotionally overwhelmed.. It could be tempting not to take a break while trading a market that never sleeps, and you are exposed to a million and one opportunities to make money. You virtually slash every single opportunity and hope it turns out right until the wild beast (THE MARKET) eats you up and regurgitates you.

Another aspect I would love to perfect on this new year is trying to achieve been a MINIMALIST. By this I mean having to buy things I actually NEED for myself.

That been said, I wish you all a beautiful holiday and I can't wait to place my first trade...

Happy slashing...
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:32am On Jan 05, 2016
Hello Bobo and bobolets,

My first trade has been set, its a daily chart and my reason for taking it is the fact that a fairly strong support was broken...So I am banking on that.. On every trade I take, I do not risk more than 1-2% of my total capital (Money Management), however I expect returns of 1.5-3% for every trade I execute...

Because this trade is on a daily chart, it may take a long while for my target to be hit. That been said, lets see how it all pans out

Happy Slashing

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2016
yeahhh, found two additional setups on the 4hrs chart, these setups were taken based on SUPPORT & RESISTANCE broken.

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 2:00pm On Jan 05, 2016
YESSS!!!!!!!!.... My first trade for the year and it was succefully slashed, I made 135 PIPS on this single trade and added 1.2% to my account, the trade did not hit my target profit though, I executed the trade before it became fully ripe(make I no lie, tension and excitement wan kpuff me).

I have two other trades(USD/CHF & EUR/USD) that are pending, for now they are looking good but lets see how it goes before 6pm..

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 5:50pm On Jan 05, 2016
Ooooops!!! my last two trades hit my manual trailing stop loss giving a total of about 60pips and an additional 1% to my trading account..this gives us a total of 2.3% profits to my acct and a total of 195PIPs...

It was a beautiful first day of trade in the month of January

Happy PipSlashing peeps wink

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:53am On Jan 06, 2016
Good Morning bobo's and bobolets,

Hope everyone slept well, well...., I did, especially after bagging home some pips yesterday.

Today we will be looking at USD/CAD on the 4 hrs chart.. A strong resistance was broken and I had to check the weekly chart to get a viable stop profit.. I am risking just 0.8% of my acct here and if my target is hit by today, I should be slashing another 1.5% profits (pray for me guys)..so lets see how it goes

Happy slashing pips

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by Toyolad(m): 2:11pm On Jan 06, 2016
undecided...I keep wondering what this forex of a thing is all about..am I that dumb that I don't even av a clue as to what it is about... well, I like things like this,I'm interested. but...lemme finish schooling first, I go see who go teach me the basics. Hi bro, keep slashing d pips abi wetin u dey call am
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2016
Toyolad:
undecided...I keep wondering what this forex of a thing is all about..am I that dumb that I don't even av a clue as to what it is about... well, I like things like this,I'm interested. but...lemme finish schooling first, I go see who go teach me the basics. Hi bro, keep slashing d pips abi wetin u dey call am

Hello Toyo,

lol, i feel you on that bro...FOREX in simple terms is fights between different currency pairs. You have loads of them, for eaxample USD/CAD, EUR/USD, GBP/USD etc.. USD/CAD is same as USD vs CAD, meaning the U.S Dollars vs the Canadian dolars.

What traders like myself do, is bet against which of the currencies would win in a fight. Now if you were a trader and u placed a bet on USD, it means u believe USD would win the fight against CAD, however there are intricacies to this. You could win a bet by saying USD would lose against the CAD or win.There are also several events that occur on a daily basis around the world that also influences who wins.

So in summary a forex trader is one who analysis fights against currencies and bets on them...whatever the outcome of the fight, he makes or loses money.

Thanks for dropping in

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2016
Good Evening my people,

Allas the day has come to an end and my trade has not hit my target point, however I have moved my stop loss to a position where i am on BREAKEVEN (no gain no loss), if my position moves against me before tomorrow, it wont eat into my profits, however it is allowed to move towrds my target if it moves at all.

Do have a lovely Evening.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by estanoni: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2016
Get your dollar at better rate than Western Union. Direct payment into your naira account as soon as we receive your dollars. Call Sabo-exchange on +2349097331093 or USA 469-486-3162
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:42am On Jan 07, 2016
Good Morning Folks,

How was your night?, I know good for sure. Anyways, I woke up this morning seeing my USD/CAD still alive but crawling slowly, so i gave him the killer slash by further tigthtening my stop loss, not too long he gave up the ghost, but he did that by giving me abt 70 pips and an additional 0.8% bonus to my account.

I may or may not get into any trade today, if i do, i will have to execute it today, except it holds a whole lot of promises, because I do not trade on Friday's, I call it my faffing/flexing/lazy day. A time I actually set aside to examine the trades I took during the week and probably enjoy relaxing my brain sells, the life of a shinobi using his sharingan to slash pips could be hectic sometimes(lol...no mind).

Happy slashing guys

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 3:48pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good Afternoon Speeps,

I saw a very tempting setup, I must say, this is the kinda setup I would personally break my friday rest rules for...Going low on it, risking 0.9% and expecting 1.5% in returns, that is if it hits my target profit.

Happy slashing peeps

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by profem1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 07, 2016
PIPsharingan:
Good Afternoon Speeps,

I saw a very tempting setup, I must say, this is the kinda setup I would personally break my friday rest rules for...Going low on it, risking 0.9% and expecting 1.5% in returns, that is if it hits my target profit.

Happy slashing peeps
I've always been interested in forex but not really getting it.
can you pls put me through?
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2016
profem1:

I've always been interested in forex but not really getting it.
can you pls put me through?
Good Afternoon Prof,

You could send your email address to fxpipping@yahoo.com, we could start from there

Thank you
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:25pm On Jan 08, 2016
Good Evening my people,

Today is my Lazy day, I keep Friday's holy like I earlier mentioned, I have been looking at prospective chart for next week and shinning my sword that has been messed up wif pip blood (lol)

A run down of what happened this week: TRADES : 5
GOOD TRADES : 4
BAD TRADES : 1
PIP GAINS : 209
% GAINS : 2
%ACCURACY : 80

This is a very important skill which has made me a better slasher through the years. Keeping a SLASHING JOURNAL makes the journey from a beginner to a pro slasher faster. I am very particular about my % accuracy in every week's break down. Slashing 5 times and delivering 4 lethal blows is a good way to start my first trading week of the year.

Wishing you guys an awesome weekend.
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by Feshizzy(m): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2016
PIPsharingan:
Good Evening my people,

Hey Mate, do you have a trade explorer?
I am motivated by your style of trading. kiss

Regards,
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:40am On Jan 11, 2016
Feshizzy:

Hey Mate, do you have a trade explorer?
I am motivated by your style of trading. kiss

Regards,

Good Morning Fesh,

By "Trade Explorer" u mean?

Happy PIP Slashing
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2016
Hello Pip Slashers,

Concentrating on my next slash while I wait for my SETUP to unfold

This is one fit that makes trading difficult. Waiting, just concentrating on your next line of action. I find it very difficult to master because all through life one is so used to been active when you are working... In essence when one says I am busy or I am working it means he should be active, but I tell you, the best innovations that were ever built in life where first built in the mind.

So meditating sometimes is all you need to hit it BIG.

May the pips guide you.

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by Feshizzy(m): 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2016
PIPsharingan:

Good Morning Fesh,

By "Trade Explorer" u mean?

Happy PIP Slashing

Trade Explorer in terms of linking your mt4 account to site like myfxbook.

Regards,
Festus
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 5:10pm On Jan 11, 2016
Feshizzy:

Trade Explorer in terms of linking your mt4 account to site like myfxbook.

Regards,
Festus

Good Evening Festus,

not at all boss, more so i actually trade on the FXCM platform or their web based charts, I dont think you can link it to myfxbook, I may be wrong though, I have not researched on it.

Happy Slashing
Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 7:19am On Jan 12, 2016
Hello peeps,

Hope u had a beautiful night?, my first trade for the week, I am seeing a strong trend and Kitana is set as my sharingan has been activated.

Let's slash

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 3:54pm On Jan 12, 2016
Hello PIPslashers,

I am done slashing my foe, though it didnt hit my intended target, I using a trailing stop loss which was hit some minutes ago, I noticed liquidity droped and the dangers of a half killed foe coming back for my head was too great a risk to be fooling around, sooo......I finished him off.

Mixed feelings about the trade: "It should have been better" & "I survived this sneaky foe"... At least I have another day to plan for hopefully more profitable battles. I risked about 1% with of my trade and I got 1.4% gaining 69pips.

A picture of my trade and my look after the fight.

Happy slashing pips

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2016
Good Morning peeps,

I hope you guys all rested well and dreamt of slashing some pips today?
Anyways, I have met another worthy foe and I have challenged him to a combat, I pray my skills helps me on this one.
I am risking 0.8% but if my target is hit, I will be getting 2% returns.
Lets go.

Happy Slashing peeps

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 8:22am On Jan 14, 2016
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

I woke up early this morning and notice that there was going to be a minor retracement, so I ran of with the lil profit the trade gave me

In total i slashed 71pips and 1.2% into my acct.

Happy slashing pips

Re: My Journey Slashing Pips In The FX World by PIPsharingan(m): 9:15am On Jan 14, 2016
Hello Slashers of pips,

I just saw another foe challenging me to a contest, he has no high profile, he doesnt have that reputation I crave for. This trade is just that 1:1 profit loss ratio - meaning: I am stacking 1% to gain 1%, I am trading just because the chart looks promising, more so, it wont be bad to hone my sword skills on this one.

Lets go.

Happy PIP Slashing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

3 Marketing Lessons We Can Learn From Netflix's "Squid Game' / By Rank, Here Are How Much Merchant Navy Officers Earn Per Month. / I Am In A Dilemma, Please Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.