Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 (45508 Views)

NNPC To Hike Fuel Price, As Tanker Drivers Suspend Strike / NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January- Channels TV / BayelsaDecides: INEC About To Announce The Official Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by OLADD: 3:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
Okechukwu Nnodim, Abuja

The Federal Government may reduce the pump price of petrol to N85 per litre from January 1, 2016.

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, made this disclosure to journalists at the Port Harcourt Refining Company, Rivers State, after inspecting the plant.

Asked when the Federal Government would release the new petrol price template prepared by the Petroleum Product Pricing Regulation Agency, Kachikwu said that he approved the new price for the agency on Thursday.

Pressed to reveal when the new price would become effective, Kachikwu, said “like I said, we have done a modulation and it is showing us below N87. I imagine that if PPPRA publishes it today, it will become effective immediately. But the 1st of January 2016 is when we are looking at.”

He said the new price would be below the current N87 per litre and it would now convince Nigerians that the pricing modulation that the Federal Government promised to embark on a few days ago was not a trick.

He said, “It (the template) is out, I signed off on it yesterday (Thursday). I imagined that in the next couple of days the marketers would get advice on that. The nice thing about the PPPRA, where I signed up on it yesterday is that the price will be far below N87. So for the first time people will understand that the pricing modulation I was talking about is not a gimmick. It is for real.

“We have gone to find out how we will be able fluctuate this market to reflect what the reality of crude market is. The objective is that one, we cannot afford to continue to subsidise. We can’t even understand where those subsidies were going to. There are a lot of fraud elements in it so we need to cut that of.”

He stated that from the applicable market realities for the pricing modulation, government discovered that petrol would sell for either N85 or N86 per litre.

Kachikwu said, “But in applying that where we landed when we did the analysis for the very first time was about N85 or N86, so it is below N87. And maybe the first price that will come will reflect it. That was why Mr. President said that the price will be N87 for now. And that is what we have in mind.”

http://www.punchng.com/fg-may-reduce-petrol-to-n85litre-january-1/

20 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by suxkill: 3:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
Op,source!

Meanwhile the petroleum minister of this country is a disgrace.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by EternalTruths: 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
Where is Prof Tam David West who during Jonathan's era said that petrol should not sell above #40 per litre.

Why is he quiet.?

I hope he has not eaten Cocoa yam abi na Yam.? angry

Come out and explain to us oooooo angry

130 Likes 10 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by franconian: 3:40pm On Dec 25, 2015

He said the new price would be below the current N87 per litre and it would now convince Nigerians that the pricing modulation that the Federal Government promised to embark on a few days ago was not a trick.

Please someone should tell this dude fuel is currently N140/litre or more. It's not just by making announcements mouth, enforce what you've announced too.

So announcing that NNPC will announce 2 naira reduction in fuel price is now news, issorait.

NNPC want to announce reduction in fuel price when their (NNPC) filling stations are not even functioning.

NNPC if all you can do is just 2 naira reduction in price, you should know you've done close to nothing.
Better leave it at 87 naira, totally remove the goddamn subsidy and most importantly, make the fuel available at that price. Even without subsidy, we shouldn't buy fuel above N87/l.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
Good. Wailers will not like this news. cheesy

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Amberon: 3:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
if our government is a sane one, then petrol shouldn't even sell above 30 naira. because crude oil is at its lowest price in the international presently. So naturally, a fall in the global oil price should also mean a fall in petrol for consumption. but our useless government with their corrupt ways won't adjust the price to this effect.

about last year, the U.S govt slashed the price of gas by a third the normal price because gas got cheaper. Our useless government should learn.

102 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Agimor(m): 3:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
How much was patrol under Jona? And how much it's been purported under Buhari in between lies the answer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by mars123(m): 4:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
good one...government wey go achieve big things, na once ppl dey know grin

12 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by OLADD: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
Agimor:
How much was patrol under Jona? And how much it's been purported under Buhari in between lies the answer.

Jona reduced the PMS price from N97 to N87 but Lai Mohammed and APC cried blue murder. Today, while in govt, all APC-led administration could do was a N2 reduction! What a scam!

125 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ImpactWorld(m): 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Petrol is #200 per liter in my location.

APC please stop the scam,Nigerians are tired

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by OLADD: 4:39pm On Dec 25, 2015
mars123:
good one...government wey go achieve big things, na once ppl dey know grin

Which one of them is good? You wan tell me say N2 reduction na big thing? Bros, go back to sleep.

35 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Bevista: 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Good development.
---
Unfortunately, the PPPRA template is never fully understood. With oil price as low as $38 and with Naira still exchanging @ N197/$, it is difficult to understand why petrol should not be selling below N70 without subsidy.
---
Those who understand better can shed more light on the subject.

19 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by OLADD: 4:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
suxkill:
Op,source!

Meanwhile the petroleum minister of this country is a disgrace.

Bros don't fall my hand now. Read through before asking for source. Xmas frenzy at play?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Ijaya123: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
Good.
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by suxkill: 4:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
OLADD:

Bros don't fall my hand now. Read though before asking for source. Xmas frenzy at play?

So you bought this news because you said you watched it on TV .the news is fake.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
This is no good news.

Gej (the supposedly corrupt president and the cause of all problems in Nigeria) made it N87 when the price of crude oil came down to around $67 per barrel. Now crude oil is around $35 per barrel and and pmb (the apc's messiah, saint, saviour, 'god', etc) is talking of N85 per lit of pms (if the info is true) and some people are rejoicing.

I am sorry for this company. oh sorry, country.

78 Likes 8 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2015
Bevista:
Good development.
---
Unfortunately, the PPPRA template is never fully understood. With oil price as low as $38 and with Naira still exchanging @ N197/$, it is difficult to understand why petrol should not be selling below N70 without subsidy.
---
Those who understand better can shed more light on the subject.

This is no good news.
Gej (the supposedly corrupt president and
the cause of all problems in Nigeria) made it
N87 when the price of crude oil came down
to around $67 per barrel. Now crude oil is
around $35 per barrel and and pmb (the
apc's messiah, saint, saviour, 'god', etc) is
talking of N85 per lit of pms (if the info is
true) and some people are rejoicing.
I am sorry for this company. oh sorry,
country.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by AceJam: 5:04pm On Dec 25, 2015
EternalTruths:
Where is Prof Tam David West who during Jonathan's era said that petrol should not sell above #40 per litre.

Why is he quiet.?

GBAM!
Pa Tam David west has gone deaf and dumb. grin grin

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2015
OLADD:
The NNPC through its newly adopted Price Modulation Policy has announced the pegging of Petroleum Motor Spirit (Petrol) price between N85 and N86. When the news broke on AIT today, my first instinct was to invoke the Spirit of Amadioha on those who scammed Nigerians with Change Mantra but having quickly realised today is Xmas I cannot but say one or two prayers for Nigeria.
Just three days ago, the President informed the nation that he had directed the PPPRA to fix the Petrol price at N87 "for now". Two days later the tune has changed courtesy of NNPC. The question is: what suddenly transpired between when the president addressed the National Assembly and today? Is the NNPC and the presidency working at crossroad? Is the President in total control of his govt?
Remember that one of the chief campaigners for Buhari, Prof Tam David West had told all of us that Petrol should not sell above N40. It was on that hoax among others that 15million Nigerians decided to vote for APC. Nigerians, enjoy your N2 change on PMS price!

http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/news-categories/national/item/5115-breaking-news-fg-reduces-price-of-petrol-to-85-86-naira-per-litre

I doubt this news.

But if it is true, it will look absurd because you cannot remove susidy thereby deregulating the petroleum sector and at the same time, fixing or pegging the price of pms.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by EternalTruths: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
AceJam:
GBAM!
Pa Tam David west has gone deaf and dumb. grin grin

Don't mind the lying Prof

Till today no one has heard from him angry

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by luvinhubby(m): 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2015
Crude sold $68 a year ago when N87 was the price & is $38 today (80%) decline and N2 is all APC & Buhari can give us.

Shame!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by TimeManager(m): 5:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
OP Is Mischevious And Sarcastic At Best. By Your Buffonery, Nigerians Voted PMB As A Result Of David West's Stroke? While PMB Has Lost Control Of His Govt Too? I Think Today We Celebrate The Birth Of Jesus & Not The Birth Of A Fool. Snap Out Of Your Foolery Buddy.

The Truth Has Spoken!

9 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by lawydewy(m): 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2015
Do you remember that there was subsidy on PMS that's what make it #87.
There will be job for you in 2016 please shout Haleyluyaaaa.....
Lack of job no Good!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
jusRadical:
This is no good news.

Gej (the supposedly corrupt president and the cause of all problems in Nigeria) made it N87 when the price of crude oil came down to around $67 per barrel. Now crude oil is around $35 per barrel and and pmb (the apc's messiah, saint, saviour, 'god', etc) is talking of N85 per lit of pms (if the info is true) and some people are rejoicing.

I am sorry for this company. oh sorry, country.
is like two of us na waillers. I thought by now fuel should be 25 naira per liter. Meanwhile rejoice oh change agents for it is on record that your messiah has reduced fuel price by 10naira

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
I can pay above N87,if subsidy is removed

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by drss(m): 5:47pm On Dec 25, 2015
I will, we will, we are, to build, give N5,000, fuel to, n buari claim he's d mesiahsad dis govt is still in opposition.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Firefire(m): 5:48pm On Dec 25, 2015
EternalTruths:

Why is he quiet.?

The Yeye goat has lost his voice.

APC, party of professional liars and career propagandist.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by EternalTruths: 5:50pm On Dec 25, 2015
Firefire:

The old man should be flogged angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kk
Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Firefire(m): 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
EternalTruths:

The old man should be flogged angry

If possible, flog to comma. angry

Petrol should now sell for below 50N/L, but the mouthed and clueless administration of professional fruadsters and liars are still stealing the excess.

Where is the King of Liars... Alh. Lie Mohammed ?

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
So how much are we buying it before ? What's the difference between 85, 86 and 87

8 Likes

Re: NNPC To Announce 85 Naira Fuel Pump Price In January 2016 by luvinhubby(m): 5:59pm On Dec 25, 2015
Firefire:

Laughed so hard this morning watching him sweat & stammer, giving incoherrent answers on Channels tv this morning trying to defend the failure called APC in govt.

21 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola / Blasphemy: Senate Receives Petition For The Investigation & Arrest Of Pastor Ojo / Sowore Questions Tinubu's Absence At Peace Accord, Confronts Shettima (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.