Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) (35146 Views)

Lady Slaps Man On ATM Queue. He Walks Away / Family Raises Alarm As Ifeanyi Okpoko Is Taken To Abuja - Graphic Photos / Man Raises Alarm As 28-year-old Driver Absconds With His Car. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by dre11(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2015
Kunle Falayi

Two months after Saturday PUNCH
reported that a 37-year-old mechanic, Thompson, sexually abused his daughter till she lost her voice, the victim’s mother has raised the alarm that the authorities had released the man without prosecution.
Thirty-two-year-old Funmi told Saturday PUNCH that she and her children had been living in fear of what Thompson might do to them for causing his woes.

Thompson was arrested after Saturday PUNCH reported the bizzare case in October when Funmi alleged that her husband had on many occasions raped their four-year-old daughter, Rebecca, in their home in Igando area of Lagos.

She alleged that apart from having sexual intercourse with the little girl on several occasions, she had caught her husband inserting his finger into the private part of the girl more than once, all of which had traumatised Rebecca to the point where she could no longer talk.

For reporting the case, Funmi and her children were allegedly threatened by her husband, forcing her to move out of his house.

Funmi said, “With all that he did, I thought he would face the law. I thought he would be prosecuted for the abominations he had committed.

“Now, I look over my shoulder anytime I walk on the street. I always tell my children to be careful too. Who knows what he is planning against us?

“I fear for my life and that of my children now. After he was released, he went to the school of my children and attempted to take them from there, but the teacher did not release them to him. I did not even know he was released until they told me he visited the school.”
She said Rebecca is gradually regaining her voice.

Funmi, who alleged that her separated husband was diabolical, had explained that the sexual abuse of their daughter started when the girl was two years old.

She began, “It started in 2013 when I suddenly woke up one night and saw my husband removing the panties of my daughter. It was in the midnight. I wanted to shout but I wanted to see what he was up to. So, I acted like I didn’t see him because the room was relatively dark.

“When he pulled down her panties, he looked around and when he felt convinced that everyone was deep asleep, he stood up and moved to where the girl was and dipped his hand in her private part. I screamed.”

The case was reported to the Lagos State Office of the Public Defender, where a lawyer was assigned to handle the case.
“I was surprised that he has been released. Nobody told me anything,” Funmi said.
She told our correspondent that efforts to get an explanation from the lawyer assigned to her case has been abortive.

Director of the Esther Child Rights Foundation, Esther Ogwu, who reported the case to the OPD, explained that the case might have been destroyed by the police when it was transferred to the Department of Criminal Investigation in the state.

She said, “I can say with confidence that the problem could not have come from the OPD because they don’t waste time in handling terrible cases like this.

“The police were the ones who released him without prosecution. They even called the woman a liar for reporting that her husband raped his own daughter when she was invited to come and give her statement.
“It is unfortunate the woman is no longer safe now. She told us that she now runs from one place to another in fear of her husband. I feel sad when things like these happen in our country and the culprits go scot-free.”

When our correspondent contacted the spokesperson for the OPD, Mr. Adeoba Adeniji-Adele, he said he would need to make findings about the status of the case before giving the agency’s official comment on the case.

www.punchng.com/mother-raises-the-alarm-as-rapist-husband-walks-free/

lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by shamack: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2015
WOMAN-u no get family?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Cregon: 7:13am On Dec 26, 2015
Honestly, i don't know what to say buh i think that man is an ENDTIME HUSBAND/ FATHER

1 Like

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Gracito(f): 7:14am On Dec 26, 2015
Tufia. It's truly end time angry angry

10 Likes

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by INTROVERT(f): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2015
sad
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by goldiam(f): 7:23am On Dec 26, 2015
when the law is not strong enough to keep people like this man behind bars how do we expect people that have suffered trauma like this woman to speak out.aside the fear of stigma justice is not always duly served.May God fight for the helpless cause as it is now he is our only hope.

30 Likes

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by StefanSalvatore: 7:45am On Dec 26, 2015
Y police go lock up pesin wey dey do wetin dey themselves dey do

Whack police na e full dis country

7 Likes

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by sadlas(m): 7:53am On Dec 26, 2015
women are problem to mankind,who knows she just fabricated a lie against her husband bc she may hate him after the marriage

3 Likes

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by amosamali(m): 8:18am On Dec 26, 2015
goldiam:
when the law is not strong enough to keep people like this man behind bars how do we expect people that have suffered trauma like this woman to speak out.aside the fear of stigma justice is not always duly served.May God fight for the helpless cause as it is now he is our only hope.

Its not actually about the law, this case wasn't decided by the court it was probably decided by a drunk yeye police corporal, I think it is about the corrupt police officials. The man must have paid (bribe) them off.

6 Likes

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by looseweight: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
This is a sacrilege.
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by miqos02(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
ok
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by daftpikin: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
Not that I'm happy about the situation but thank God it's a poor man this time, because people are always thinking it's the rich that are usually allowed to walk away after committing awful offenses, now we can see that's it because we have a failed judicial system. No wonder crime is always on the increase (but it's none of my business)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by wachakuta(m): 11:00am On Dec 26, 2015
End time
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Arase sef

1 Like

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by kennyman2000(m): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2015
Hmmmmm...
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by ERONX(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Teewhy2: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2015
If the man escape earthly judgement, he will not escape heavenly judgement if he truly commits the offence.
Merry Christmas to you all and thanks for voting for my baby in the #CussonsBabyMoments . If you are yet to vote just click on this link
https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/578. To do so. We appreciate your votes and still need over 1000 votes to win. Kindly share to others to vote as well
Thanks, if you no cast your vote for her and you ignore, wetin you gain
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by cutebobo(m): 11:02am On Dec 26, 2015
Nairalanders are not creative at all. Must you put END TIME in all posts.

Back to the topic, Nigeria is taking over from India

1 Like

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by helphelp: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by ChappyChase: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2015
Where is the justice?
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by fredkof33: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2015
Ok
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by sweatlana: 11:04am On Dec 26, 2015
Naija sef
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Chilug(m): 11:04am On Dec 26, 2015
I can't read this any further. Tufia.
What kind of man is that?
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 26, 2015
Gregg
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Dannieln1: 11:06am On Dec 26, 2015
G
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Pidggin(f): 11:09am On Dec 26, 2015
Woman, take the law into your own hands.

6 Likes

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Lexusgs430: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2015
Get area boys.......

2 Likes

Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by sotall(m): 11:11am On Dec 26, 2015
ok
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Pillars1(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2015
Wicked Man undecided
Re: Mother Raises The Alarm As Rapist-husband Walks Free (pictured) by Omotayor123(f): 11:15am On Dec 26, 2015
I remember this... I call it injustice of the highest order embarassed

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Stabs Husband’s Lover With Broken Bottle In Lagos (photos) / NDLEA Arrests Woman Pregnant With Cocaine / Man Kills His Three In-Laws In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.