Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,329 members, 7,780,851 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:32 AM

Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong (22028 Views)

FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / Deji Adeyanju: "Buhari Copied GEJ By Wearing Army Uniform" - Presidency Replies / Deji Adeyanju Blasts David Mark, Oduah And Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:32pm On Dec 26, 2015
I read the press statement made by one Mr Deji Adeyanju, the so-called social media director of PDP. In the statement, he poured some venoms on party chieftains and senators Ben Murray Bruce, David Mark and Stella Oduah. Mr Deji was reported to have used some inappropriate words on the aforementioned personalities simply because they praised the proposed budget of President Muhammadu Buhari. His argument was that the said senators have "no right" to opinion simply because they were elected under the PDP platform. He further blasted the senators for holding contrary views to that of the party.

It is embarrassing that someone that occupies sensitive position such as social media director of the party will employ such undemocratic and uncivilised tactics to gag party members and chieftains of their fundamental right to opinion. Being a member or chieftain of a political party does not eradicate the right of the individual to his view as enshrined in our constitution. It is on record that David Mark and co will not be the first opposition members/legislators to support a policy/bill of a ruling government. Let us recall that in 2012 when the Goodluck Jonathan's administration removed the fuel subsidy, Adams Oshiomole(then of ACN) publicly defended the move even when his party was against the move. In October this year, USA Sen Kelly Ayotte, a republican openly supported Obama's EPA’s Clean Power Plan even when fellow republican congressmen vowed to block it. If Gov Oshiomole and Sen Ayotte weren't attacked by their respective party for airing dissenting view, why then should Senators Mark, Bruce and Oduah be subjected to attack? What justification was the attack on their persons?

While I believe in strong and viable opposition, it is inappropriate for any opposition to adopt the tactic of fighting against every action of the ruling party without putting sound argument to justify it. Opposition should be constructive and intellectually appealing. Anything short of that is no longer opposition but nuisance. If any party man or chieftain express a view according to his belief, such view should be respected whether or not they are in tandem with our individual or party bias. It is inappropriate be intolerant towards party members with dissenting opinion from official position.

Finally, I have to state that I'm no fan of any of the aforementioned senators, neither am I an apologist of the ruling APC and the government. But truth must be said, there is nothing wrong in praising the action of the government if one is so convinced that it is right thing to do. The interest of the country and ones constituency supersede that of any political party. The press statement by Mr Deji is simply uncalled for and inappropriate.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria.

125 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by nerodenero: 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2015
Well said!

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 26, 2015
Reading....
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by jaymejate: 8:39pm On Dec 26, 2015
I աaռtɛɖ tօ ʀɛaɖ ɨt aċtʊaʟʟʏ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
Your Talk Straight Like Cigarette..

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, Mr. Deji Adeyanju got it all wrong..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:41pm On Dec 26, 2015
nerodenero:
Well said!
You are welcome...

©c: Lalasticlala and Dominique

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by theSpark(m): 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2015
The crowd mentality is not always the right mentality.

When people begin to get attacked for having different opinions something is quite wrong. The dissenters may be wrong, call them out for being wrong but don't call them out for daring to have dissenting opinions.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
theSpark:
The crowd mentality is not always the right mentality.

When people begin to get attacked for having different opinions something is quite wrong. The dissenters may be wrong, call them out for being wrong but don't call them out for daring to have dissenting opinions.
It is embarrassing when one get insulted simply because he disagrees with his party. I don't know where proponent of this idea got their idea from. I don't believe that opposition is about countering the government. It is based on constructive criticism and intellectual argument. If I see no need in disagreeing with an action of the government(for instance I support the anticorruption war 100%), why then should I make noise simply because I want to "oppose"?

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by espn(m): 8:55pm On Dec 26, 2015
Until they understand what the word opposition means before PDP could actually be a viable opposition to the ruling party!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
PDP is a divided house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Marvin67: 8:57pm On Dec 26, 2015
I've never said this before, but this Barcanister is the best guy in this section. His posts are factual and spot on, unlike some supporters of APC here who we all know what they'd say on any issue. Barcanister remains the only person whose posts I read and whose thread I follow.
Keep it up Barca boy.

Now to the issue. If you place Deji's write up beside the news going around of a new mega party coming up, you'd see that one plus one is becoming two. APC would soon have a tough battle on thier hands because from the look of things, the new party would throw everything at APC, the same way APC did when PDP was in power. The new party would also be very vocal, and in most cases, parties like that tend to have massive grassroot and youth support.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless PDP.
God bless APC.
God bless Barcanister.
God bless me.
God bless you.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 9:10pm On Dec 26, 2015
BeeBeeOoh:
Your Talk Straight Like Cigarette..

Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, [b]Mr. Deji Adeyanju
got it all wrong [/b]..
Mr. Adeyanju is also entitled to his opinion. Despite being a Buhari supporter (not APC supporter), I have issues with the welfarism direction of the budget. While I support stimulating the economy by injecting capital into the system, I don't think we should borrow to satisfy pre-election promises when everyone knows the precarious nature of our earnings. I'm surprised at how opposition politicians are endorsing the budgetary proposal as squeaky clean. Such flow doesn't give the National Assembly the impetus to make necessary corrections.

10 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by petrov10: 9:12pm On Dec 26, 2015
well I came here to award likes

I'm happy PDP has senator bruce
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by drberry(m): 9:15pm On Dec 26, 2015
D

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by BeeBeeOoh(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
kITATITA:
Mr. Adeyanju is also entitled to his opinion. Despite being a Buhari supporter (not APC supporter), I have issues with the welfarism direction of the budget. While I support stimulating the economy by injecting capital into the system, I don't think we should borrow to satisfy pre-election promises when everyone knows the precarious nature of our earnings. I'm surprised at how opposition politicians are endorsing the budgetary proposal as squeaky clean. Such flow doesn't give the National Assembly the impetus to make necessary corrections.
I think u're right somehow, but it doesn't justify Mr. Adeyunji throwing criticisms..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by cosby02(m): 9:20pm On Dec 26, 2015
Am sorry for coming late. Deji Adeyanju is simply a deluded BASTARD. That's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Carmal90(m): 9:22pm On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I read the press statement made by one Mr Deji Adeyanju, the so-called social media director of PDP. In the statement, he poured some venoms on party chieftains and senators Ben Murray Bruce, David Mark and Stella Oduah. Mr Deji was reported to have used some inappropriate words on the aforementioned personalities simply because they praised the proposed budget of President Muhammadu Buhari. His argument was that the said senators have "no right" to opinion simply because they were elected under the PDP platform. He further blasted the senators for holding contrary views to that of the party.

It is embarrassing that someone that occupies sensitive position such as social media director of the party will employ such undemocratic and uncivilised tactics to gag party members and chieftains of their fundamental right to opinion. Being a member or chieftain of a political party does not eradicate the right of the individual to his view as enshrined in our constitution. It is on record that David Mark and co will not be the first opposition members/legislators to support a policy/bill of a ruling government. Let us recall that in 2012 when the Goodluck Jonathan's administration removed the fuel subsidy, Adams Oshiomole(then of ACN) publicly defended the move even when his party was against the move. In October this year, USA Sen Kelly Ayotte, a republican openly supported Obama's EPA’s Clean Power Plan even when fellow republican congressmen vowed to block it. If Gov Oshiomole and Sen Ayotte weren't attacked by their respective party for airing dissenting view, why then should Senators Mark, Bruce and Oduah be subjected to attack? What justification was the attack on their persons?

While I believe in strong and viable opposition, it is inappropriate for any opposition to adopt the tactic of fighting against every action of the ruling party without putting sound argument to justify it. Opposition should be constructive and intellectually appealing. Anything short of that is no longer opposition but nuisance. If any party man or chieftain express a view according to his belief, such view should be respected whether or not they are in tandem with our individual or party bias. It is inappropriate be intolerant towards party members with dissenting opinion from official position.

Finally, I have to state that I'm no fan of any of the aforementioned senators, neither am I an apologist of the ruling APC and the government. But truth must be said, there is nothing wrong in praising the action of the government if one is so convinced that it is right thing to do. The interest of the country and ones constituency supersede that of any political party. The press statement by Mr Deji is simply uncalled for and inappropriate.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria.

you attached more importance to yourself dude, the presented budget was a scam

6 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by grafikii: 9:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
Well said
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:30pm On Dec 26, 2015
kITATITA:
Adeyanju rightly has his opinion(which no one contests), but attacking parÞy chieftains for airing theirs was inappropriate.

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:33pm On Dec 26, 2015
Marvin67:
I've never said this before, but this Barcanister is the best guy in this section. His posts are factual and spot on, unlike some supporters of APC here who we all know what they'd say on any issue. Barcanister remains the only person whose posts I read and whose thread I follow.
Keep it up Barca boy.

Now to the issue. If you place Deji's write up beside the news going around of a new mega party coming up, you'd see that one plus one is becoming two. APC would soon have a tough battle on thier hands because from the look of things, the new party would throw everything at APC, the same way APC did when PDP was in power. The new party would also be very vocal, and in most cases, parties like that tend to have massive grassroot and youth support.

God bless Nigeria.
God bless PDP.
God bless APC.
God bless Barcanister.
God bless me.
God bless you.
God bless you to. But any such party that will be formed on the basis of annoying wailing will end up being nuisance to Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Adeyanju rightly has his opinion(which no one contests), but attacking parÞy chieftains for airing theirs was inappropriate.
Pre-election communication strategy of the PDP was grossly flawed. The party focused on the person of Mr. Buhari in a rather harsh way without anything constructive. Now it is toeing same line as an opposition without effective communication strategy; and without cohesion. We need balance and alternate viewpoint.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Marvin67: 9:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

God bless you to. But any such party that will be formed on the basis of annoying wailing will end up being nuisance to Nigerians.

I don't support such a party, I'm just calculating a possible outcome. But if such a party comes, it would just be a matter of time before people start listening to them that's if Buhari continues in this way his govt is going. Another point is, loud parties tend to have more supporters than quiet parties.
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Evathyst(f): 10:23pm On Dec 26, 2015
Barcanista, gradually returning to where he belong. Don't ask me where!

5 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 26, 2015
Somebody wants to decamp

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 26, 2015
Tomorrow
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 27, 2015
Somebody wants to defect

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 27, 2015
Evathyst:
TonyeBarcanista, gradually returning to where he belong. Don't ask me where!
APC

1 Like

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:39am On Dec 27, 2015
Marvin67:

I don't support such a party, I'm just calculating a possible outcome. But if such a party comes, it would just be a matter of time before people start listening to them that's if Buhari continues in this way his govt is going. Another point is, loud parties tend to have more supporters than quiet parties.
There is a difference between a noisemaking group and a political party. The former will gather their likes but will find it dfifficul to penetrate the neutrals. This is because when you talk and keep ranting, people will look at your antecedents and ask two questions; what have you done? What is your own alternative? APC were 'suCcessful' because of Buhari's perceived integrity(which even PDP chiefs publicly testified) anf the need to rid Nigeria of official corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by ishiamu(m): 8:04am On Dec 27, 2015
Okay
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by wasco24: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2015
grin
Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by DebateNigeria: 8:10am On Dec 27, 2015
I agree with you. We must say the truth when we see one. However, members of the PDP must not patronize GMB for unnecessary favoritism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 27, 2015
God bless Nigeria.
God bless PDP.
God bless APC.
God bless Barcanister.
God bless me.
God bless you.

I concur

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination / Akin Alabi: When I Was In PDP I Was A Tinubu Man To The Core / T.A Orji Receives His Senatorial Certificate Of Return From INEC - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.