Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,337 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? (1069 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / Hey Book Lovers! What Book(s) Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 27, 2015
Late this year, I began rewatching the serie, Legend Of The Seeker (season 2) afresh from the beginning because the first one I watched was a pirated and fake copy that contained only 56 episodes, if I'm not mistaken. So, I opted for a new one and I must confess that I was glued to my TV all through. I was really sad when this serie reached its last episode. I couldn't seem to get enough of this wonderful story. I had to search the internet hungrily in hopes that it might have been extended to season 3, but I was totally disappointed when it came to my notice that the producers of this spectacular, thrilling masterpiece decided to end its continuation abruptly, without giving a thought to the damage their quick decision would wreck.

The good thing is that, I came to discover that 'Legend Of The Seeker' was the TV adaptation of the original series (book), 'The Sword Of Truth'. My joy knew no bound as I wasted no time in devouring this amazing book.

Truly, it was an interesting ride all through, with unimaginably twists & turns - and also included were some parts that were exempted from Legend Of The Seeker. I did not regret the time invested in reading this book one bit. Well, I would say I'm most intrigued by the wizard's rules (which I can say are applicable and helpful in our day to day living), inspirational quotes; the way Richard, Kahlan, Zedd, and a host of others, approached difficult times, never giving a chance for despair. In fact, words cannot express the wonders of this book. It's one of the best I have ever read in years. Just can't stop reading. Currently blazing through the Temple Of The Winds - Book 4 - in full force. LOL. Hopefully, I would catch up with fellow lovers of The Sword Of Truth. Long live Richard and Kahlan! You my heroes!
Okay. Let me take down the wizard's rules.
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 27, 2015
Wizard's Rule's

Wizard's First Rule
People are stüpid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stüpid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stüpid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Wizard's Second Rule
The greatest harm can result from the best intentions.

Wizard's Third Rule
Passion rules reason.

Wizard's Fourth Rule
There is magic in sincere forgiveness. Magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, and more so in the forgiveness you receive.

Wizard's Fifth Rule
Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie.

Wizard's Sixth Rule
The most important rule there is, the Wizard's Sixth Rule: the only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists, what is, is and from this irreducible bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. It is the foundation from which life is embraced.

Wizard's Seventh Rule
Life is the future, not the past. The past can teach us, through experience, how to accomplish things in the future, comfort us with cherished memories, and provide the foundation of what has already been accomplished. But only the future holds life. To live in the past is to embrace what is dead. To live life to its fullest, each day must be created anew. As rational, thinking beings, we must use our intellect, not a blind devotion to what has come before, to make rational choices.

Wizard's Eighth Rule
Talga Vassternich. Deserve Victory.

Wizard's Nineth rule
A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole.

Wizard's Tenth Rule
Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self.

Wizard's Eleventh Rule
The rule of all rules. The rule unwritten." The Unwritten rule. Knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands.

Wizard's Twelfth Rule
You can destroy those who speak the truth, but you cannot destroy the truth itself.

Wizard's Thirteenth Rule
There have always been those who hate, and there always will be

For more quotes visit this link:www.en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Sword_of_Truth
Wishing you all a merry christmas and a prosperous new year in advance
Cc
lalasticlala
Obinoscopy

You can share yours with us
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by enygmababe: 11:18am On Dec 27, 2015
My husband's cheque book? grin

Biko that is a joke!

I read the book. I stumbled on the series but did not bother myself too much about following it cos I had read it. Once you read a book, the movie is always a sappy second cos they can never quite capture everything in the book. But I agree with you the book and by necessary inference the movie is awesome.

I think you might want to read the 'Percy Jackson' series too. It includes 'The Lightening Thief' 'The Sea of Monsters' 'The Titans Curse' 'The Battle of the Labyrinth' etc. Stumbled on one of the movies and it was awesome but I had to go to work hence I did not watch it till the end
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by darlingtonIIV(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2015
Flesh Of The Orchid By James Hardly Chase.
I love John Grisham books too
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 27, 2015
enygmababe:
My husband's cheque book? grin

Biko that is a joke!

I read the book. I stumbled on the series but did not bother myself too much about following it cos I had read it. Once you read a book, the movie is always a sappy second cos they can never quite capture everything in the book. But I agree with you the book and by necessary inference the movie is awesome.

I think you might want to read the 'Percy Jackson' series too. It includes 'The Lightening Thief' 'The Sea of Monsters' 'The Titans Curse' 'The Battle of the Labyrinth' etc. Stumbled on one of the movies and it was awesome but I had to go to work hence I did not watch it till the end
Yeah, Books tend to be far more better than their movies/series - that's an undebateable fact.
@boled: is the book that interesting, fun-filled, adventurous?
The title looks catchy though
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 27, 2015
darlingtonIIV:
Flesh Of The Orchid By James Hardly Chase.
I love John Grisham books too
Good to know. As for me, I have read only one of Hadley Chase's books - The Vulture Is A Patient Bird - and I didn't like it much. Seriously I don't like books with overstretched suspense (whatever that means). It kills the vibe therein.
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by darlingtonIIV(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

Good to know. As for me, I have read only one of Hadley Chase's books - The Vulture Is A Patient Bird - and I didn't like it much. Seriously I don't like books with overstretched suspense (whatever that means). It kills the vibe therein.
I love suspence. It makes me want more.
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2015
darlingtonIIV:
I love suspence. It makes me want more.
Yes. It urges you to yearn for the unknown which brings altogether a new exciting feeling. But overdoing it is way out of track. My point exactly.
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by enygmababe: 2:45pm On Dec 27, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

Yeah, Books tend to be far more better than their movies/series - that's an undebateable fact.
@boled: is the book that interesting, fun-filled, adventurous?
The title looks catchy though

It is all about adventures. A medieval setting featuring Greek gods, strange animals/creatures, sword play etc since you like sword of truth you will like it. If you send me your email, I can send you e - copies.
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
enygmababe:

It is all about adventures. A medieval setting featuring Greek gods, strange animals/creatures, sword play etc since you like sword of truth you will like it. If you send me your email, I can send you e - copies.
Wow! My kind of book. Me likey.
I would really appreciate that much. If I may ask, are they in PDF formats?
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by enygmababe: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

Wow! My kind of book. Me likey.
I would really appreciate that much. If I may ask, are they in PDF formats?
I

I think so. Will have to check to confirm. Most of my e-books are either PDF or epub like 'The Kane Chronicles' though I only have Vol. 1 of that one. They are all by Rick Riordan

* Just checked. They are PDF. You will also
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
enygmababe:
I

I think so. Will have to check to confirm. Most of my e-books are either PDF or epub like 'The Kane Chronicles' though I only have Vol. 1 of that one. They are all by Rick Riordan

* Just checked. They are PDF. You will also
Favourable. I guess I'm just lucky this time. The email is: **** If you don't mind.
Waiting in anticipation. . .
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by enygmababe: 8:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

Favourable. I guess I'm just lucky this time. The email is: .com. If you don't mind.
Waiting in anticipation. . .

Sent. Lemme know when you receive them
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:32pm On Dec 27, 2015
MelancholicGuy:
Wizard's Rule's

Wizard's First Rule
People are stüpid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stüpid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they're afraid it might be true. Peoples' heads are full of knowledge, facts and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stüpid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Wizard's Second Rule
The greatest harm can result from the best intentions.

Wizard's Third Rule
Passion rules reason.

Wizard's Fourth Rule
There is magic in sincere forgiveness. Magic to heal. In forgiveness you grant, and more so in the forgiveness you receive.

Wizard's Fifth Rule
Mind what people do, not only what they say, for deeds will betray a lie.

Wizard's Sixth Rule
The most important rule there is, the Wizard's Sixth Rule: the only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists, what is, is and from this irreducible bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. It is the foundation from which life is embraced.

Wizard's Seventh Rule
Life is the future, not the past. The past can teach us, through experience, how to accomplish things in the future, comfort us with cherished memories, and provide the foundation of what has already been accomplished. But only the future holds life. To live in the past is to embrace what is dead. To live life to its fullest, each day must be created anew. As rational, thinking beings, we must use our intellect, not a blind devotion to what has come before, to make rational choices.

Wizard's Eighth Rule
Talga Vassternich. Deserve Victory.

Wizard's Nineth rule
A contradiction cannot exist in reality. Not in part, nor in whole.

Wizard's Tenth Rule
Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self.

Wizard's Eleventh Rule
The rule of all rules. The rule unwritten." The Unwritten rule. Knowledge is dangerous in the wrong hands.

Wizard's Twelfth Rule
You can destroy those who speak the truth, but you cannot destroy the truth itself.

Wizard's Thirteenth Rule
There have always been those who hate, and there always will be

For more quotes visit this link:www.en.m.wikiquote.org/wiki/Sword_of_Truth
Wishing you all a merry christmas and a prosperous new year in advance

You can share yours with us
Please send to my email address: abdulhakeemthronekido@gmail.com

Thank you.
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 28, 2015
enygmababe:

Sent. Lemme know when you receive them
Received! Thanks a bunch. Eh please edit your last post. Don't want NL roaming sleep-walkers to spam my mail
Re: What Book Inspired/impacted You The Most This Year 2015? by mrnuur(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2015
Didn't read much this year only a couple of books by Richard Wright.

I'll appreciate suggestion that'll make a good read. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

The Billionaire's Ransom / Destiny Delayed But Unchanged By Oduniyi Olajide David…… / Who's That Girl Episode 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.