Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,174 members, 7,780,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:53 AM

HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. (1114 Views)

Help! My Laptop USB Port Doesn't Connect With Phones / Meet The Laptop With 64gb Ram, 5tb Ssd, And 6 Usb Ports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
Pls I need help from the techies here.

I've tried to connect USB devices to my laptop but none of them are working. I connected a flash drive to it, the flash lights up but its not showing in 'This PC'. I connected my phone also and it charges up but I can't view anything on it.

I've tried connecting all these devices to a different PC and they're working properly so the problem is definitely from my laptop.

I attached an image of the USB drivers installed on my system.

Please can anyone help.

Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by Unionised(m): 3:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Uninstall all the USB ports.

Then reinstall.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 3:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Unionised:
Uninstall all the USB ports.

Then reinstall.
Already tried that. Problem still persists.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by Kayzybaba(m): 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2015
Do you have softwares like ultraISO, powerISO e.t.c. These softwares have numerous virtual drives that tends to reduce power allocated to these usb ports, try to uninstall the software
Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2015
Kayzybaba:
Do you have softwares like ultraISO, powerISO e.t.c. These softwares have numerous virtual drives that tends to reduce power allocated to these usb ports, try to uninstall the software
No. I even just refreshed the system but the problem still persists.

its really weird because I don't know if its a hardware problem since the USB ports are still supplying current.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by AikayDaWrapper(m): 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
I am think I should add that my laptop has USB 3.0 ports and most of these devices are USB 2.0.

Don't know if that's a potential problem because the devices were working before but just stopped all of a sudden.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
Fully power off ur laptop.I mean hibernate.Same thing happened to me on christmas day.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by Folarinibrahim1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 30, 2015
AikayDaWrapper:
I am think I should add that my laptop has USB 3.0 ports and most of these devices are USB 2.0.

Don't know if that's a potential problem because the devices were working before but just stopped all of a sudden.
Re: HELP! My Laptop Usb Ports Not Responding. by nkemiano(m): 1:10pm On Jan 28, 2016
I fix all laptop hardware and software problems with warranty. This means that If after fixing your laptop and the problem still comes back, under the warranty, I will fix it again for free . I also help people to buy and swap their laptops. we also sell laptop and phone accessories. call/ whats'up 09082156579

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Simple Server Not Connecting / LENOVO PC Going So Cheap... / Computer Technicians : Please Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.