Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad (2583 Views)

Ikoyi Cash: Efcc Moves Seized $43 Million, £27,000, N23 Million To Cbn / Buhari Reviews CBN’s Ban On 41 Items / El-rufai Orders Banks To Close Govt. Accounts, Remit Balance To CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by superken(m): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Senator Ben Murray Bruce has reacted to the Central Bank of Nigeria's decision to ban Nigerians from using their debit and credit cards abroad. Reports about the planned ban came to light few days ago when BBC quoted a source as saying that the CBN will from January 1st 2016 stop foreign purchase via the use of credit or debit card. The decision is reportedly part of the government's effort to try to stem the flow of foreign exchange out of the country.

http://www.042express.com/2015/12/sen-ben-bruce-reacts-to-cbn-ban-on.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by superken(m): 9:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Epic indeed
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by jhydebaba(m): 9:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
Naira must be equal to dollar by fire by force. #emefieleconomics

2 Likes

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by rottennaija(m): 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
Does it mean that without atm, they cannot withdraw money from their account? Is bank check not working in those countries?
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by mayorkyzo: 9:46pm On Dec 27, 2015
GBAM...common sense senator...

1 Like

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by Vulu: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
THIS COUNTRY IS ROTTEN. MAY WHOEVER BROGHT THIS CRUEL BUHARI MAN TO POWER CONTINUE TO GNASH THEIR TEETH. FROM TODAY, I WILL NEVER GIVE ALMS TO BEGGER NORTHERNERS ANYMORE. LET THEM ALSO SMELL THE COFFEE.

4 Likes

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by superken(m): 10:20pm On Dec 27, 2015
cool
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by petrov10: 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
O God thank you for senator Bruce

proudly wailer we wail for a better democracy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by ogdada: 10:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Good move
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by chronique(m): 10:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
Makes sense.

1 Like

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by efilefun(m): 10:50pm On Dec 27, 2015
Vulu:
THIS COUNTRY IS ROTTEN. MAY WHOEVER BROGHT THIS CRUEL MAN TO POWER CONTINUE TO GNASH THEIR TEETH. FROM TODAY, I WILL NEVER GIVE ALMS TO BEGGER NORTHERNERS ANYMORE. LET THEM ALSO SMELL THE COFFEE.
Thank God say man no be God... What people like you don't know is that what a human being will eat a day will never pass him, you can keep ur coins to your self and grow fat on it. Like say the beggar on the street follow share for Dasuki funds. Abii Jonah and the useless cbn governor don't know the consequences of paying NOI in dollars or releasing billions of dollars in raw cash to dansuki.... Abegii park well.
Wish this man can move this motions in the house instead of sitting quietly throughout their sessions

6 Likes

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by fistonati(m): 12:50am On Dec 28, 2015
You forgot to make sense, try to be reasonable once in a while
rottennaija:
Does it mean that without atm, they cannot withdraw money from their account? Is bank check not working in those countries?
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by fistonati(m): 12:56am On Dec 28, 2015
The country is only fair to d rich, while u find raw cash in a politicians house, the little in a poor man's account is no longer accessible just for needless reasons.
Politicians will send their kids to d best and expensive universities abroa yet they have immunity while d masses suffer d brunt
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by Ratello: 12:57am On Dec 28, 2015
This man said it all......why ban the usage of these cards when many do legitimate business with it....
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by tomakint: 1:00am On Dec 28, 2015
The rate at which madness is attached to the hasty policies of this administration is alarming.....just imagine the ban on the usage of ATM cards abroad when so many lives depend on it......what is the problem with Buhari's hasty decision on thorny and sensitive issues....the other day Fashola is trying to raise electricity bill when Nigeria is still hovering between 3,400 to 4,100 megawatt when what Nigeria needs is at least 21,000 megawatt.....

2 Likes

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by Eziachi: 1:40am On Dec 28, 2015
If you ban political animals like him, they will use their wives, concubine, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces etc.
If you are a serious business person, you don't need ATM card to pay for your huge important purchases, you use other means. All the dollars they are hoarding will rot with them

1 Like

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by sosanova: 2:27am On Dec 28, 2015
APC zombies will still abuse Ben Bruce over this tweet

Common sense is not common to APC Zombies

1 Like

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by sorom4: 2:35am On Dec 28, 2015
Call us whatever you like........all we want is good governance

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by aguizm(m): 2:39am On Dec 28, 2015
Keep teaching the dullard and his quack economic team .

A thousand likes for Ben Bruce.

With this sincere statement of urs I don't mind people calling u Obama but reasoning like obanikoro Instead of looking like Buhari but reasoning like Lai Mohammed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by superken(m): 3:21am On Dec 28, 2015
grin grin
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by Amitex(m): 3:23am On Dec 28, 2015
rottennaija:

Bro, there was no need to display your ignorance here please! Wait, read other people's comment to understand what is being discussed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by CELEBOLOFOFO(f): 4:41am On Dec 28, 2015
rottennaija:

U refuse to understand, with this ban many things will be affected.

1) web owners and bloggers whose domain needs renewal wont be able to do that
2) twitter and Facebook ad's including Instagram won't be possible
3)Nigerians schooling abroad who pays their tuition fess using the naira master card won't be able to do that anymore
4People who do business such as importation and they pay through naira master card wont be allowed.

When you want to curb politicians rate of looting at least consider the masses. I wanted to run fb ads this morning now i wasn't able to do it. What will happen to my ad sense earnings?? Will it increase?? What's the fate of bloggers who depends on twitter and facebook ads just to increase page views and earnings respectively??

CBN needs to find an alternative for carrying out these normal activities or else, the economy has not crash, its just starting. #peace
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by CELEBOLOFOFO(f): 4:48am On Dec 28, 2015
Eziachi:
If you ban political animals like him, they will use their wives, concubine, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nephews, nieces etc.
If you are a serious business person, you don't ATM card to pay for your purchases, you use other means. All the dollars they are hoarding will rot with them

Sentimental reasoning has so far blocked ur sense of reasoning #no offence. Is buhari not a politician, don't they make use of naira master card abroad? Just find a way for the normal and innocent masses to survive that's all what he cares about. If FG and CBN likes create anoda currency in form of coins for politicians i don't f*cking care just don't inconvenient the innocent masses. Haba we didn't sign up for this

and other means of purchase like?? and what about those that are not business men?? students nko? bloggers nko? petty traders nko?? Beware dollars won't rot cause the united states won't change her currency. Eventually with time they will still spend their money, unless, i repeat unless the value of dollar goes into extinction and that can never never never never never happen, not if the United States of America is still in existence #fact. It will rather increase and ur so called sage currency keeps chasing it. Forget the dream of making 1 dollar=1naira. Not this life again
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by disloman(m): 4:58am On Dec 28, 2015
What's epic with what he wrote?This is just a display of stup1dity of the highest order.It is a shame we have such person as a senator in this country.
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by Proudlyngwa(m): 5:08am On Dec 28, 2015
rottennaija:

I hope you are just being sarcastic, and if you are not, then bank cheques work only where the bank have branches, something which many nigerian banks don't have outside Nigeria.
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by disloman(m): 5:10am On Dec 28, 2015
CELEBOLOFOFO:

U refuse to understand, with this ban many things will be affected.

1) web owners and bloggers whose domain needs renewal wont be able to do that
2) twitter and Facebook ad's including Instagram won't be possible
3)Nigerians schooling abroad who pays their tuition fess using the naira master card won't be able to do that anymore
4People who do business such as importation and they pay through naira master card wont be allowed.

When you want to curb politicians rate of looting at least consider the masses. I wanted to run fb ads this morning now i wasn't able to do it. What will happen to my ad sense earnings?? Will it increase?? What's the fate of bloggers who depends on twitter and facebook ads just to increase page views and earnings respectively??

CBN needs to find an alternative for carrying out these normal activities or else, the economy has not crash, its just starting. #peace

There are alternatives ways carrying out such activities.Those activities banned by the CBN were used to laundered money.CBN can help us with the payment if you truly have a genuine business transaction.Such as Form A,Form E etc.That's what CBN is trying to stop.You can't claimed to be spending $100per day whereas such things have been happening.
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by disloman(m): 5:13am On Dec 28, 2015
aguizm:
Keep teaching the dullard and his quack economic team .

A thousand likes for Ben Bruce.

With this sincere statement of urs I don't mind people calling u Obama but reasoning like obanikoro Instead of looking like Buhari but reasoning like Lai Mohammed.
I doubt it if you truly have this.Cos if you do,you will know that what the common sense senator wrote was trash.If truly,this is what PDP could offer as an opposition,Nigeria is doomed but it is in a safe hand.

2 Likes

Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by CELEBOLOFOFO(f): 5:16am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
There are alternatives ways carrying out such activities.Those activities banned by the CBN were used to laundered money.CBN can help us with the payment if you truly have a genuine business transaction.Such as Form A,Form E etc.That's what CBN is trying to stop.You can't claimed to be spending $100per day whereas such things have been happening.

If there are alternative till when will it be provided?? till the lady schooling in Manchester is sent packing?? till hundreds of bloggers lose their domains?? just gv us the alternative that's what am after, and very quickly cause i need to run FB and twitter ads!!!!!
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by CELEBOLOFOFO(f): 5:18am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
What's epic with what he wrote?This is just a display of stup1dity of the highest order.It is a shame we have such person as a senator in this country.

And what's stupid about what he wrote?? If not for u were created in God's image, I would have said something
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by CELEBOLOFOFO(f): 5:19am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:
I doubt it if you truly have this.Cos if you do,you will know that what the common sense senator wrote was trash.If truly,this is what PDP could offer as an opposition,Nigeria is doomed but it is in a safe hand.

Please highlight the trash. U know what no need to argue, what is done is done, how long is 4 years
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by CELEBOLOFOFO(f): 5:23am On Dec 28, 2015
disloman:

activities?? domain registration are used for money laundering?? twitter and facebook ads of just 100 dols are used for money laundering?? Payment of sch fee of ordinary Nigerians schooling abroad are used for money Laundering?? Y not place the restrictions on only politicians account?? why me an ordinary student?? why seun? why lalsticlacla?? why ur mum? why ur dad?? well its not ur fault, assuming u are schooling abroad and ur tuition fee depends on this naira card, u won;t reason like this
Re: See Senator Ben Bruce' Epic Reaction To CBN Ban On ATM Cards Abroad by kolnel: 5:25am On Dec 28, 2015
As much as I'm in total support of this government
I'm not in support of this atm ban
It's easier spending money while abroad with your atm tho we Nigerians abuse things
I have left this shore countless times with just my bag and atm
Most sme biz really on this

(1) (2) (Reply)

#BabangidaStepInAgain / Nigeria’s Top 10 Exports. List. / Massive Constructions Ongoing And Completed In Agulu, Anambra (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.