Stats: 3,150,049 members, 7,807,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh (16489 Views)

PDP Not Properly Playing Opposition Role – Abdulsalami AbubaKar / PDP, Not APC, Killed Alameiseigha‎, My Husband - Magareth Alameiseigha / I Got N100m From PDP, Not Yuguda – Odili (2) (3) (4)

Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by rapthugx(m): 8:24am On Dec 28, 2015
The national leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party has said it is not easy to rebuild the party.

It also said that since the party lost power for the first time since 1999, it was meeting a stiff opposition within the party on how to rebuild it.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Olisa Metuh, stated this in an interview with our correspondent in Abuja on Saturday.
Metuh, nevertheless, said he was confident that the forces working against the rebuilding of the party within its fold and outside would fail.

He said, “We have been rebuilding, but it is not easy. We are rebuilding, but there are different forces, and contending interests (working against it). It is not easy.

“On one hand, we are dealing with a ruthless ruling party, and we also have some divisive elements in our party who are genuinely accepting some influence in the administration of the party.

“Knowingly or unknowingly, they are embarking on distractions and distractions that would rather be in the interest of the ruling party than our growth.”

He said that since the party lost the general elections, it had tried to remain focus and play the role of an opposition to the ruling All Progressives Congress.

As the spokesperson for the opposition party, Metuh regretted that some members of his party wanted him to be abusing the President (Muhammadu Buhari) with the hope that that action would boost the image of the PDP.
He said the APC did not win the elections by merely abusing former President Goodluck Jonathan, adding that some actions of the members of the PDP then helped in adding to the fortune of the APC.

He said, “But since we lost the election, we have tried to remain focus and retain the support of a very large number of our members to remain focus in opposing this government.

“Some of our members misconstrue an opposition party to be a party that insults people because that was what the APC was doing.

“People want us to insult the President and the ruling party to remain in opposition. Because we are not doing that, our people are not comfortable with that.

“They believe that we are too soft and they believe that we are too academic. They want us to be insulting the people. It was not by insulting the former President that gave the APC victory.
“We fuelled partisan support for the APC in some part of the country. ”

On the rumour that members of the outgoing National Working Committee of the party had shared offices ahead of the March 19 national conventions, Metuh said the allegation was unfounded.

http://www.punchng.com/rebuilding-pdp-not-easy-says-metuh/

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by LordMecuzy(m): 8:25am On Dec 28, 2015
First
Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by cosby02(m): 8:26am On Dec 28, 2015
Is like building the tower of babel. grin the man above me is just too lazy. Choi!!! shocked Lets assume am the first to comment grin

27 Likes

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by talktonase(m): 8:26am On Dec 28, 2015
Where una wan rebuild go?

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by yemmynoni: 8:27am On Dec 28, 2015
It will be easy when una meet una self for Kirikiri

18 Likes

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Tolexander: 8:28am On Dec 28, 2015
cosby02:
Is like building the towal of babel. grin
and bringing Lazarus back to life which only needs the intervention of the savior.

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 28, 2015
cool.
Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Cutehector(m): 8:32am On Dec 28, 2015
Pdp is makin a grave mistake by becoming an opposition party...

Good thing all the bad eggs in pdp are decamping to apc.

The party should make strict laws in this decamping of a thing and enforce it.. I sef would like to join pdp

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by themilanway(m): 8:33am On Dec 28, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy :DMetuh must be drunk when he made this remark.How can he say rebuilding PDP is not easy when IPOB/PDP knuckle heads can't wait for 2019 to kick Buhari out cheesy grin cheesy

Someone must be really drunk on cluelessness cheesy grin cheesy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by alrahmanonline(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2015
Some people are accusing you of not throwing insults? hmmmnnn.... Fayose comes to mind....
if you doubt me ask google

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by disloman(m): 8:34am On Dec 28, 2015
It is easier to build a party when people of integrity and outstanding in their careers are involved and taken along.Not where Pommo cutter cum governor,person who has the face of Obama and the brain of Koro,a person who was fighting for a bag of rice who you made of your social media director etc were made the frontrunners of the party.My own opinion is PDP is dead.It is up to you people to create a new one.Cos I'm seeing where APC will make people to hate PDP comes 2019.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Demdem2: 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
This nurse want to perform the impossible. We wait to see how he will do it.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by disloman(m): 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015
Ehya.PDP is dead.

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by BALLOSKI: 8:35am On Dec 28, 2015

Electoral shock is worse than electrical shock
- Senator Ali Ndume(2015)

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by dunkem21(m): 8:37am On Dec 28, 2015
It won't be easy ..

An advice .. Change the name of the party and the Acronym should start with an *A* ..

This little piece of advice is worth millions ..

I will hold back the key, because of idea stealers ..
Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by LordMecuzy(m): 8:39am On Dec 28, 2015
He said the APC did not win the elections by merely abusing former President Goodluck Jonathan, adding that some actions of the members of the PDP then helped in adding to the fortune of the APC.
“We fuelled partisan support for the APC in some part of the country. ”

Exactly Olisa Metuh APC never won the presidential position by insults,

1) Nigerians got tired of PDP....

2) GEJ had good ideas, but no "WILL" His associates killed his good ideas

3) The movement of 5 PDP governors over to APC..

4) Buhari always had a large followership in the Northeast and Northwest with some part of NorthCentral, his alliance with TINUBU was just too strong..

5)Tinubu had control of the Southwest region
and with a Vice Presidential candidate from the west, yorubas voted massively for APC...

6) PDP should wake up to reality.......

my opinion tho

With so much love from Imo state

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Bevista: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2015
Finally, some sincere introspection from the flat heads. Dear Mr Metuh, with all the "gates" revelations coupled with the expected APC high performance, rebuilding PDP is not only Difficult, it is Impossible!

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Imortal001: 8:40am On Dec 28, 2015
PMB is performing beyond their expectation, so its will not be easy for them PDP.. mr. metuh is right!

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 28, 2015
Must be a difficult task as most of the fundraisers have more serious concerns on their mind like escaping the arms of the law. Good times we live in.

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 28, 2015
LordMecuzy:

With so much love from Imo state
Nwannem nwoke..
Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by BALLOSKI: 8:51am On Dec 28, 2015
It was not by insulting the former President that gave the APC victory.

wailers, Shey una de hear am?

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by RockMaxi: 8:51am On Dec 28, 2015
Metuh should know that "not easy" is inappropriate, not possible seems right

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by modath(f): 8:54am On Dec 28, 2015
Nurse Metusellah isn't saying what he really means, rebuilding PDP is not the problem, we are knoo it...

Getting INVESTORS to finance the party is the major headache!!

Amended!! cheesy

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Beremx(f): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2015
Finally, Olisa Metuh is making sense.
I wish him good luck in rebuilding PDP. grin

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by omenka(m): 9:05am On Dec 28, 2015
Cutehector:
Pdp is makin a grave mistake by becoming an opposition party...

Good thing all the bad eggs in pdp are decamping to apc.

The party should make strict laws in this decamping of a thing and enforce it.. I sef would like to join pdp
@Bold: I don't get it... Do they have a choice than being the opposition after losing the presidential election and losing majority seats in the National Assembly

@ post: The Auxiliary Nurse seems just about throwing in the towel. When you keep administering very fake and expired drugs to a patient under your care, what do you expect?? The only element that bonded PDP together was her access to our national tubers of yams.

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by rapthugx(m): 10:25am On Dec 28, 2015
With the way PDP is going, b4 they come to terms with what happened to them in 2015, it will b 2019.

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 28, 2015
I HOPE THE IPO-Baboons ARE READING THIS COS IT'S OBVIOUS THE ELECTION LOSS OF GEJ IS THE REASON WHY THEY ARE AGITATING FOR BIAFRA. SHAMELESS PEOPLE

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by omenka(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44.
Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 28, 2015
[size=14pt]Why EFCC "Selective" witchhunt On PDP Members Best for Nigeria right now.
[/size]

I have read and heard from many people and PDP sympathizers that the current Buhari anti corruption drive is selective and Bias.

I totally agree it is selective. but I don't agree that it is bias. And there is nothing wrong in it being selective as long as the reason is the best for the country for now. Because I strongly believe it is the best thing and the best way to fight corruption in Nigeria for now. My reasons are as follows:

1. The anti corruption fight is currently concentrated on corruption at the federal level. Buhari anti corruption war is currently not active on state level and former governors. Since federal government was fully controlled by PDP in the last 16years, most corruption at federal level is PDP affair.

2. Buhari greatest interest is to recover fund. The best thing to do in this regard is to concentrate on areas where he can recover the highest amount of stolen fund. And that is federal government and are mostly PDP members.

3. It is almost impossible to prosecute all corrupt cases in Nigeria. So the need to give priority to those with the highest amount and easiest to prosecute. Thus corrupt cases with highest return are within the PDP

4. currently the NSA is the main focus of the anti corruption war at the moment. The reason being because of the amount of money involve and because Buhari govt believe they can recover some billions from the former NSA. Since the former NSA used most of the money for election affair, it is natural that majority of people involve are PDP members

5. maybe in the next two years when the anti corruption war go to state level, some APC members will be prosecuted.

6. We should also recognized that the govt has limited resources and personnel to fight the anti corruption war. so the need to select those that will give the highest impact per resources utilized.

7. It will be very naïve, unwise and stupid for Buhari to focus on corrupt practice of APC members right now. His govt is too young for that. he cannot fight everybody at once even if he wishes to . His govt will crumble if he try that right now. He need to run the govt with Nigerians not aliens. Almost every Nigerian that have held political office has skeleton in their cupboard. thus many APC members have corrupt past. But however this is not the best time for him to open APC members files. Doing that right now will be stupidity and naïve and will be bad for the country. Ability to select the best fight to fight at a time is wisdom and leadership.

8. It may appear unfair to PDP members. but to the Nigeria masses I believe it is fair. PDP were not fair to the masses when they were stealing our treasury dry. I strongly believe all the persons who stole are common wealth should be brought to book. Whether they are APC or PDP. However, since we cant do all in one day, we must start from somewhere and from those that will give the highest return and impact.

9.The fact that the anti corruption war is currently ignoring APC members does not mean the war is not sincere. It is only a pragmatic approach to a complex problem. When you have a lot of complex problem to solve, you ranked it and choose where to start from. That is currently what is going on.

10. The truth is that all the people who are shouting witch-hunting, "selective", "vendetta" want the anti corruption war to fail. If I have access to Buhari, I will tell him to completely ignore them. Those people want him to fight on all front so that he will lose and then come back to mock him.

11. I know some people will come and say it is hippocracy to currently ignore people like Tinubu etc in the anti-corruption war. But I choose to disagree with them. it is not hippocracy but pragmatism. Even if Buhari have an intention to open Tinubu files, this is not the best time to do it. That can wait for much later. A leader must focus on National interest. it will not be in the interest of Nigeria for tinubu files to be opened at this time should he have corrupt cases. Timing is a major component of decision making and leadership. if you do the right thing at wrong time, it is as good as a wrong thing. GEJ had the opportunity to jail Tinubu since PDP supporters keep making reference to him as corrupt man, yet GEJ could not. Tinubu was tried for corruption by code of conduct Bureau under GEJ govt. Tinubu won the case. Now you PDP supporters now think it is Buhari who Tinubu used his so called "corrupt money according to PDP supporters" to sponsor should now be the one to jail him!!! That is the worst form of hippocracy I have ever heard of.

12.I also know some people will argue about Atiku, Obasanjo etc and say why are they not being tried also. Just as I explain earlier, it is much easier to trace fund, files and documents of corrupt practice done in the last 4years than those done in the last 8 or 16years. So it is only practical to concentrate on the last 4 years at the moment. To me, this is wisdom.

13 We need to understand the post is not saying that APC members and older leaders (atiku, OBJ etc) corrupt practice should be ignored. The post is only talking about now. Which is at this current time (t), it is very wise to focus on immediate past PDP govt because it will benefit Nigeria as country more than doing otherwise right now. In the future, the anti corruption drive can spread to others. But now is not the time .

14. The fact that it may not be wise to look at past corrupt act of top APC members right now does not mean Buhari should tolerate massive corruption from his cabinet or ministers. Buhari must ensure any looting under his govt is not tolerated. Should any member of his cabinent be found wanting of corruption under his current govt, the person should be punished with no mercy.

15. I agree this is not the ideal case since everybody are equal before the law in ideal situation. but it is still better than GEJ mindset, who believe that since he cannot jail all corrupt people, everybody should go free. In his mind he was being fair. The truth is that, that was one of the greatest Injustice Jonathan did to Nigerian masses. That empowered every political leader to steal without any fear of consequence.
GEJ mindset was corruption did not start with me and so it is not me that will fight it.

16. As we hope for the best, we should appreciate what is better than the past. The more we the masses support Buhari anti corruption war, the bolder he will be in fighting it. The bolder he become the less selective he will become and the more APC members will be prosecuted.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Adatob(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
I sabi one bricklayer for ma street,he fit build anything.... Just holla me to link u with him

Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Icecomrade: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
PDP is as good as dead. It will take this present APC to perform u bad for Nigerians to look the way of PDP.
the only option for PDP is to rebrand. Maybe change its name like APC did to remain in contention.

APC is playing dirty this time. Painting them black in the eyes of the populace.
Re: Rebuilding PDP Not Easy.- Metuh by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Rebuilding PDP is like trying to wake a dead man.

Let the dead,bury their dead.

We aren't bothered

Mahmood Yakubu Issues statement on the postponement of the General Elections / What Is The Power Supply In Your Area Like This Christmas Season? / Lagos4lagos: PDP Needs 8 Years Of Planning & Hard Work To Win Lagos – Ogunlewe

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52