Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,961 members, 7,799,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free (4499 Views)

7 Freelance Websites Nigerians Can Find Jobs In 2018 / Top Freelance Websites In Nigeria / Learn How To Offer Graphics Design On Fiverr - Without Being A Photoshop/ai Pro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 9:10am On Dec 28, 2015
Good morning everyone. My name is Joseph and i have been working online as a freelancer for many years now offering services ranging from article writing to graphics design to website designs, video and animation creation and social media management. until now, i under a new start-up i co-founded called Brilliant Lights Media have been teaching this services by means of special trainings through DVD packages we send to people who signify interest in taking up the job of becoming skilled freelancers. Our focus was majorly on fiverr.com.

Over time, we got a good number who have joined and have been making money from fiverr. They have been part of a specialized group on whatsapp and Facebook where we share information to boost their sales and help them grow on fiverr. They too have become professionals helping other newbies.

Today, i have taken a decision to help people learn one of these services free (the one i think is possible to teach on nairaland) however there is only as much as you can get over a forum. You may not learn some promotional strategies, tricks to get constant sales or see all i am teaching being done live or get the softwares to set up your account, create gigs n to deliver your services for free. So if you want to learn this live, then get me to teach you whatever service you'd like to offer live if you are in Lagos. If you are in other states, you can opt for our training packages which have very affordable prices placed on them. Check them out here Book for live training or DVD packages here

Moving on, i will be starting the lecture for today which would be on article writing: one of the most sought after and commonest service people want to jump into. I will update the write-ups with screenshots. I will try not to leave out anything, however, there's only much one can do especially with posting images so that you can learn and start earning right away.

That said, i will now move to what i will be teaching us all for free. I will be using fiverr as our main platform because that is where i have honed my freelance skills and ever used it for profit. I will not talk too much about fiverr itself as this thread is mainly to teach skills to those who want to offer something professional on fiverr or any other freelance website. If you want to know all about fiverr. I already have an ebook i created previously that will get you started. U can learn how to join fiverr n create gigs n even how to apply n use Payoneer as well as paypal for withdrawals there. You can get the ebook free here Comprehensive Fiverr Free Training Ebook from Brilliantlightsmedia.com

So let's get started

1 Like

Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2015
First of all, on the ebook you will discover i taught basically on opening an account as an American which basically all Nigerian Fiverians do. However, over time and after some personal introspection, i decided to startup as a Nigerian seller. Yes, it is quite a daunting task considering the lack of trust for Africans, especially Nigerians on such platforms. But i don't mind. I have taken it as a challenge that i can conquer.You may not appreciate the extent of my sacrifice until you know that i closed over 30 foreign accounts with some really active ones and please all of these like i said where from my own personal introspection, religious inclination and then my decision. So take your own decision.

Alright, so we move on.

Fiverr is no longer news to most people. It's one of the many outlets people can come on the internet and make money monthly. However, many have jumped on the platform and ended up frustrated, not only on fiverr but on many freelance websites.

Why?

Simple, because they either do not posses sufficient skills for the service they claim to offer or they have set up their profiles to look so unprofessional that buyers are put off easily.

So when joining a platform like fiverr, you have to know how to set up a profile that is specific to a service. You cannot claim to be an article writer and your English is flawed. If your profile description comes with grammatical or syntactical errors that shows you obviously don't have a good command of the language. These can be pardoned if you were a Graphic designer or website designer.

So having power up your laptop, the first step is registering on fiverr

We will be starting our services from article writing. Yes you may wonder how someone would buy article services from a Nigerian. I do not give you guarantees but if you set up well, they may not even look at your location. Just be able to deliver well and with constant reviews you could work your way up
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2015
To register on fiverr as a Nigerian is as easy as opening a new email. This is quite simple. All you need to do is supply your email and a registeration link will be generated and sent to that email. Go to your inbox, click on the link and you will be directed to where you would choose a name and a password. This is where setting up your account begins from.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 9:38am On Dec 28, 2015
Please remember i said at the beginning that i won't be teaching you about opening an account as a foreigner. That is my old ebook. I will only teach and encourage you to sell as a Nigerian. So that means no need for VPN's and all the fakenamegenerators.com and co.

Once you get to the point where you need to enter your username and password. You must take care to choose a username that depicts professionalism. A username like sexyboojoe for an Article Writer is completely unacceptable and i definitely would not buy from such person because that person looks like a joker. If you want to be serious you could target keywords of your niche in your name. Example Writergenuis, Superwriterservice, Articlewarrior, Andywrites, kingcontent and so on. These names may be taken but you get the idea. Next choose your password and we are good to go.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 9:47am On Dec 28, 2015
The next step is to edit your profile. Editing profile is quite easy. on the right hand side of your homepage, you will see a place with your name displayed there. click on it and a dropdown pops up, then click on profile and you will be directed to the profile page where you can edit your profile description, upload an image and fill in a short story of you. You will click on the pen symbols i circled with the marker to edit.

Disregard the service and the account we are using. This is one of the accounts i have stopped using. You get the idea of what i want you to see.

Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 9:53am On Dec 28, 2015
The next step is to fill in a befitting profile descritption. I will stop here. I will return later. any comments
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by ugojaysly(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
none for now,you can go on
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Pidggin(f): 3:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
With the new govt policy, how will you retrieve your money after work is completed?
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by living2013(m): 4:31pm On Dec 28, 2015
Joeace3000:
The next step is to edit your profile. Editing profile is quite easy. on the right hand side of your homepage, you will see a place with your name displayed there. click on it and a dropdown pops up, then click on profile and you will be directed to the profile page where you can edit your profile description, upload an image and fill in a short story of you. You will click on the pen symbols i circled with the marker to edit.

Disregard the service and the account we are using. This is one of the accounts i have stopped using. You get the idea of what i want you to see.

Hello dear, Merry Xmas and may God bless you for the good work you are doing here.

I registered with fiverr last week as an article/resume writer but haven't made any sale. My gigs have gotten some clicks and views but no one have ordered for my service. I have been wondering what might be the cause of the delay.

Please, is there any way you can assist me to position my service better for success. Thanks.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 7:42am On Dec 29, 2015
living2013:

Hello dear, Merry Xmas and may God bless you for the good work you are doing here.

I registered with fiverr last week as an article/resume writer but haven't made any sale. My gigs have gotten some clicks and views but no one have ordered for my service. I have been wondering what might be the cause of the delay.

Please, is there any way you can assist me to position my service better for success. Thanks.

Lemme see your account. There's something you have probably missed out
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:
With the new govt policy, how will you retrieve your money after work is completed?

That's why i said we have to wait to see if this policy actually implemented, if not we may have to invest a small sum in opening a USA or UAE verified paypal. and when the time comes, i will also teach that free
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 7:44am On Dec 29, 2015
ugojaysly:
none for now,you can go on

Alright thanks for joining in
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2015
Good morning everyone. I will be continuing from where i stopped yesterday.

You are wondering what can i put up in my profile description? This should not be difficult, take a look at the top sellers on fiverr in your niche or category, look through their descriptions and craft something similar, but do not copy and paste. It won't be nice to create an impression that you can't even be authentic. In the ebook i gave an example of profile description that can be used as well as ' what's your story' line.

“Hello, Thanks for checking me out. My name is James. I am an Author, Editor and Professional freelance writer from Dallas, Texas. I love writing and I assure you of the best writing service you can get. I’ll ensure your readers are captivated with my content and become customers. I guarantee you maximum satisfaction if you order now.”

Now that is a profile description that can sell. Please do not copy and paste this. Look at other people in the niche you have decided to offer a service and word your profile along their line but sound like someone who has been doing the job for years and has a passion for it. PLEASE DO NOT COPY AND PASTE PLEASE!

Also click on the “what’s your story in one line” (i.e the first circled part of the screenshot above) part and add another short line about you or a mantra you use on it. An example is

“Author and Editor with an undying love for the writing art” or “To change my world, I must begin with one man at a time”.

After you have done these, the next step is to upload your picture. Please as a Nigerian, do not make it obvious you are. Find a high quality white or green background pic and give a big smile. Now we move to learning the actuall service it self, before building a gig for it
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 7:59am On Dec 29, 2015
Like i said at the beginning, the main purpose of this thread is to try and teach skills that you can offer on fiverr, so i will not be wasting too much time on other aspects such as gig creation. I think for article writing, i have very well thought on creating a gig for it in the ebook. I will be showing what i didn't teach here.

Now an order comes in and you are asked to write an article. Let's say a 500 word article like this.

Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:12am On Dec 29, 2015
How do you write an article like this. Many people freeze or do not understand what this writer wants. One of the reason is because they may not be used to words such as keywords, keyword density, mood of audience and so on. I will explain these.

Keywords are words that search engines look for when in a body of content or article. These keywords are usually what people search for when they are looking for an item. So if you are looking to boost your SEO efforts and ensure your website reaches the first page of google. You need to have hot targeted keywords in a very rich content. Many people assuming by having keywords in a poorly written article, they are good to go but that is not so anymore. Contents that are poorly written will still be ignored despite their powerful keyword usage.

Keyword density deals on the number of times a keyword should appear in a given length of content. If a buyer asks for a 1% KW density for his article. he basically wants one keyword used in 100 words of that article. so for a 500 word article 5 times. If it's 2%, that is 2 times 5..10 times in 500 words. You get the gist.

Mood of audience as you can see from that order is usually based on the target people the writer or assumed writer wants the article to be for. This people are usually the ones who you should have at the back of your mind while writing. In the above example, you will see the guy business women within that age range targeted so you should try to link that up, at some point in your article.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:20am On Dec 29, 2015
Now in completing this job, you have two main options. Basically the options i use anyway.

One is to rewrite or spin. You know what rewrite is but spinning you may not know of. Spinning is basically using a software to edit out words or phrases to give the article a refreshed look from the original content you researched.

Before i move on, i forgot to talk about why our article need not appear in anyway as our original content. The reason is because Plagiarism or what we call copy-paste is internet disaster to SEO. for people looking to drive traffic to their website, copying someone else's content is a sure way not to get there and even more hurt your website. See it as when you copy someone in the exam hall and the results comes out, he passed or you failed or he failed and you passed. Only that in this case, the examiner or result marker knows who copied who 100% of the time.

So to avoid this we need to write a 'UNIQUE' content and this we will do by the two methods above. After using those two methods, we need to be double sure the content is actually unique and this we do with Plagiarism checking tools. My favorite and one i have used from time is copyscape. More on that later. Now let's move on how to complete this service
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2015
To rewrite is as easy as ABC. now here is a part screenshot of the original researched content and the rewritten one.

You can read up completely at Robwormley so you get the idea of rewriting.

Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:28am On Dec 29, 2015
Now here is a part of my rewritten work.

Biggest Content Trends in 2016

2015 draws to a close, businesses are taking stock and planning for 2016. Many businesses established and/or expanded in 2015 due to tactical and improved content marketing on the internet. There were many articles, social media posts that even led to an overwhelming amount of content available to read and people couldn’t even read anymore.

Nevertheless, content marketing has been shown to be one of the most effective means of driving traffic to websites, building authority and driving leads. However, as 2016 approaches, you need to start looking for ways of improving your content writing so that we can constantly impress, educate and entertain our audience. Here are 6 content trends 2016 will offer that you can capitalize on to make your business one to reckon with.

1. Thinking Beyond Blog Posts
In 2016, you will have to think just beyond setting up your blog and posting traditional 500 word blog contents daily. Blog posts are perfect for relaying information quickly and in brief but that isn’t enough anymore.

Content marketers these days are thinking beyond publishing blog posts every other week. You need to become inventive in determining the purpose of your content, the opportunities available and the life and evolution of your content.

In 2016, your content marketing strategy should not just be to target keywords and receive traffic. It should bring new and interesting insights to the conversation if you want to take a step above the crowd. Many companies are going to move from the standard “per day/per week” approach to creating and promoting long-form content that provide real value.

2. Add More Personalization
Content marketers will be moving from general topics that can be boring and distant to topics that are more specific and speak directly to the reader. Personalized topics that readers can relate to and will be of much value to them. Personalization is going to be critical in 2016, as people are getting smarter about the way they get information and are beginning to weed out unwanted information from what they want. Your content marketing success will depend on how far much hold you have on the customers mind by giving them more insight into what they have been looking for. It is for this reason that you should start considering “long tail keywords” that will not just help you target your demographic but ‘Hyper-target’ them by fulfilling their special need.

3. Upgrade Your Content
Call-to-Action placed on top and at the end of articles are no longer as effective as they were in the past. Can you remember when last you clicked one? You can’t slap your CTAS on an ebook or at he bottom of all your blog posts and expect that your list will grow.

In 2016, an upgrade is necessary. Stop using the auto-pilot tactics and employ new tactics that can fuel sign-ups and growth. Use new tactics like blending checklists, worksheets, templates etc. in your blog posts. They don’t have to be complicated or require plenty resources to create. They have to relate to your post and offer more value than the post itself.

4. Promotion-Driven Content
While you are developing high quality targeted content that actually helps people, it is also important that your content is promotion driven. That is, contents that you can actually promote.

You can add quotes from influencers, mention people or tools or make a giant list that includes a lot of people. This could help you email a handful of people as soon as your post goes live, making them aware that you have included them.
However, be careful not to make your contents too promotional as it will lose its value. In creating a promotion-driven content, make use of the 80/20 formula-80% educational, 20% promotion-driven.

5. Education-Focused Content
When you want to know about the latest fashion trends or supermarkets in your area with the best holiday discounts and giveaways, the first place you'll usually come to is Google. We all do it most of the time. Providing educational information that can solve people’s problems is likely to yield success. Google always help people with the best answers reach their target audience so if you can create a post that provides the best possible answer to a search query, you will most likely get improved organic traffic.

Here again, long-tail keywords will do the trick. Rather than just generating bogus content just because you are targeting keywords that are already in high competition, focus on the long-tail search traffic. It’s less competitive and you can match content to what readers want. Put yourself in the mind of the reader and start asking yourself questions like “Does this answer my question?” “If it does, is it the way i want it to?”

As we appraoch New Year, you need to step back and evaluate where your content marketing has taken your business and where you want it to take you in the future. You wouldn’t want people to get tired of your content, so you have to be innovative and use new and better tactics in achieving improved results. These content marketing trends in 2016 should keep you ahead and stay ahead in the year.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2015
All i need to do was take the keywords i was given and search on google, but modifying it to something like ' content trends of 2016' 'content writing techinques in 2016' and so on. Got my results, picked the best ones and drop the contents into a new ms word document and began to work on the most appealing ones and that content seemed best. In the full article, which by the way was above 500 as i enjoyed writing and the writer wanted more. i completed the second part with another article from a very popular article directory i used called ezinearticles. They give me more than 80% of any content i need to use.

I have discovered many people do not satisfy buyers by how they use the keywords. so lets take a look back at the highlighted sections of the article. keeping in mind usage, density would not matter as the buyer didn't bother supplying one and mood.

Keywords in purple
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:51am On Dec 29, 2015
Once you have completed your write-up, the next thing is to jump on copyscape.com. For now you may not be able to purchase credits with your ATM card which is usually very cheap at $5 for 100 credits which should last for 100 articles. but they also have a paypal option, however starting from 200 credits for $10. So with the current restrictions being touted about, you may have to go for the paypal option.

Once you've purchased your credit, you will receive them on your Copyscape account and you can begin searching. But ensure you have actually rewritten the article to your best so that you will not burn credits checking and checking again.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2015
The other step for writing your unique article is by spinning and i have a method i like using a lot although not often. It's a web based spinner using this ezarticlewebspinner. It's a very great spinnig tool. All you need do i copy the content you want to spin to a big box you'll see and then launch assisted spin editor. A new window appears on your browser, with your content. The spinning process involves being presented with synonyms and like words or phrases that you can use to complete a sentence to override the original stuff there. Just click 'next spin', choose your new word or phrase and keep going till you reach the end then review spun article, copy out to your final medium. I use notepad or Microsoft word and then i deliver.

You can also add your own phrase to your content if what you have been provided is not cool with you. all you need do is enter your preferred word in the box provided at the top, click enter and it drops into your article.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 9:02am On Dec 29, 2015
Once you are done, deliver in either note or word format. I use word more.

And if you've done a great job, you'll get a great review.

Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by dimensional(m): 10:36am On Jan 02, 2016
continue pls it continue... enlightening thread
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by gideonjeta(m): 4:13pm On Jan 02, 2016
Op, I tried accessing the link on the signature but it only got stuck on First page...please help!
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by meemeee: 6:42pm On Jan 02, 2016
Thanks..enlightening

1 Like

Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 02, 2016
Do you have a project you want to outsource it could be from fiverr,elance,amazon kindle,upwork,personal project or servie,or you got many jobs on your table and many more connect with freelancers in Nigeria today and get those multiple assignments, tasks and projects off your table on our BB channel,Our freelancers would bring you quality and professional service to save you time and stress of completing daunting tasks to meet up with your ever demanding schedules daily. Categories of jobs our freelancers can deliever include programming, copywriting, graphics design, webmasters,article writing,logo creation etc
We respect your privacy and we are professionals who get job done on time and perfectly.
Join us now C0043E45F
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by meemeee: 12:50pm On Jan 04, 2016
OP, please where art thou, continue this lecture pleassssssse
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by PLANETMARS(m): 2:11pm On Jan 04, 2016
For new bees u can do video testimonals sells like hot cakes. This is bcus buyers need new faces.
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by warrenweste(m): 3:18pm On Jan 04, 2016
PLANETMARS:
For new bees u can do video testimonals sells like hot cakes. This is bcus buyers need new faces.

pls explain more
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by PLANETMARS(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2016
warrenweste:

pls explain more
just search for video testimonial gigs on fiverr and take a look
Re: Learn The Services To Offer On Freelance Websites Like Fiverr Free by Joeace3000(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2016
dimensional:
continue pls it continue... enlightening thread
i will continue tomorrow, i will be going into graphics design as i have finished with article writing.

(1) (2) (Reply)

GUO The Worse Transport Company / . / Dangote Vs Mike Adenuga: Who Is The Richest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.