Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327201 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
Thank you so much HG. Yes oh, many more maintainenace years ahead.

GenBuhari- Thanks a whole lot too.

Had some cake yesterday. Told myself that i am not under bondage jo cheesy. This is a life style change and i am not aiming to loose weight for any special occassion so if i can afford to have little cake and then continue with my healthy eating. Please was i wrong here? .
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 3:55pm On Mar 08, 2012
Thursday 8th march

Run - 30mins

Welcome back Gen. I second HG's words. I also now log my food on another site where there can be a better analysis and feedback for me etc. I find that when I workout, there is this subconscious desire to make healthy choices with my food. I have less cravings and binge episodes. Food definitely is a bigger part of weight loss than exercise alone. Exercise has far reaching health benefits though.

Uche- you are alright my dear, don't over analyse the cake! You are living the real life, not the dress rehearsal for it. The way you have chosen is a lifestyle choice, not a quick fix, so moments like this are going to happen and are factored in. You are allowed to indulge every one in while, its knowing when to stop and not doing it too much that is the key. There will always be birthdays, parties etc to attend but as long as you are in control of the food and not the other way round, you are fine. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2012
@Uche, cake is good and delicious as long as you are still within your caloric needs for the day, even when you go overboard, let it be very minimal.
Counting calorie is hard with naija foods, so eat healthy and more of those meals that you are sure they are low. Also let your stomach adjust to a lower portions/servings and trust me you will always be fine.
I used to have a friend that eats everything and anything as long as she is within her caloric limits, e.g. She said there was a day she took so much sweets/chocolates and other stuff and before she could realize it she had less than 300 cals for the day, she ended up with baby carrots for the rest of the day, lol. You get what I mean now. The only disadvantage of calorie addiction is a subtle unhealthy lifestyle creeping in, you may loose weight but be unhealthy especially if you are prone to some illness like high cholesterol, DM etc.

@barbie, well done.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 6:53pm On Mar 08, 2012
Thanks Babs and HG. I actually eat healthy with my meals consisting of lots of veggies and fruits with at least one carb meal on some days. The cake was my birthday cake actually cheesy. So i had to enjoy without guilt but did not go over board. wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:13pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^^ I trust you.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:52pm On Mar 08, 2012
General,thank you for honouring us and in the spirit of the brand new ME,I'd just say we know how it's done,we've been doing this for a long time and it is only a loser that will undo his/her workout with bad/nutientless eating. Exercise is just COMPLIMENTARY.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
I do hope you wouldn't feel insulted but you are a MINI-ME,I see you still on this train in the coming years cos you understand the most basic point of this "Its a cross country race and not a 50 metre sprint to the finish line". You'll go crazy obsessing over every thing that goes into your mouth.
I had 2 bottles of amstel malt on sunday with my BBQ fish cos that was what I felt like doing,I also do not feel any remorse save for the fact that the sugar overload gave me a hard time the next day. cheesy grin
uche13:

Thank you so much HG. Yes oh, many more maintainenace years ahead.

GenBuhari- Thanks a whole lot too.

Had some cake yesterday. Told myself that i am not under bondage jo cheesy. This is a life style change and i am not aiming to loose weight for any special occassion so if i can afford to have little cake and then continue with my healthy eating. Please was i wrong here? .
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2012
Day 5/1

babs2011:

Tuesday 6th march

Run/sprints - 40mins
Stretch/cooldown- 5mins

Beginning to get addicted to this running, love how I feel after.

I nearly missed this, yeah barbie running is quite addictive. Some of the reasons I love it are:

[list]
[li]No equipment needed, just your good shoes
[/list]
[list]
[li]You don't get bored and if its becoming boring you either take a different route or you challenge yourself[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]You can walk when you are tired of running/jogging[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]You meet others along the way or in the gym who are ready to motivate or jeer you up[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]lastly it works for me i.e. I loose weight faster with cardio[/li]
[/list]

Just keep on and you will be surprised at what you get at the end.

modath:

I had 2 bottles of amstel malt on Sunday with my BBQ fish cos that was what I felt like doing, I also do not feel any remorse save for the fact that the sugar overload gave me a hard time the next day. cheesy grin

I took that on my birthday, but I think I was too overwhelmed to eat much. I will eat the whole thing someday soon.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 12:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
@ Modath- Ha shocked, offended keh. We hope to be like you when we grow up na grin. Trust me, i tried those quick fixes fad diets lots of times and it is certainly not worth it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:15pm On Mar 09, 2012
Hour_Glass:

^^^ shocked shocked kiss kiss kiss grin

woooooowwww!!! Omo you don make me fall in loveeee, lol.

Thanks I repeat Mody's prayer and more for'ya

Mody love, I know there is a twinning between us two. May you guide me to my base safely.

ML dearie, thanks for the wishes o, see my agaby doing dangerous love for me here.
O yes all for you babes.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 2:27pm On Mar 09, 2012
Friday 9th march

Jillian Michael Yoga Meltdown - 35mins
300 skips

Yippee, it's the end of the week, tGif!
I decided to ease into the weekend with our beloved Jillian  shocked I sweated my ar*se off with this fast moving yoga dvd.
Feels good to tick off both my mini goals set at the start of the week  smiley. so much progress in just a week. On sunday I was huffing and puffing and doing lots of stop starts on the run, by yesterday I was able to run non-stop 30mins at a good pace. I already feel lighter and more energetic and I'm sleeping better at night.
Rest day tmrw.

@agaba:what's up dude? missing your workout logs on here of late,  seems to be more of cakes and other 'cough' things hehe  tongue

Well done all and have a good weekend.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 2:38pm On Mar 09, 2012
@uche:good for u girl,good to know u've gotten ur grove back.nice weekend
@HG:how is the Jillian thingy going?
@all have a lovely weekend
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 09, 2012
I greet una , thanks for the warm welcome back everyone.

This thread had never been in better shape smiley

I am re-committing myself to portion control daily exercise smiley

I am now posting daily on this thread.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:41pm On Mar 09, 2012
Nice stuff here on eating more to lose more

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1144

thanks ML, I should be done today but I will be doing the last for this week 2moro to meet with the week's goal.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 11:20am On Mar 10, 2012
good to have you back general, looking forward to seeing your posts
logs for the past days
7/3/12
40 minutes on the elliptical
8/3/12
level 1 of 30 day shred,38 minutes elliptical trainer
9/3/12
30 day shred, level1,40 mins on the elliptical trainer
have a fruiful weekend all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2012
Here comes the new Nairaland theme, I hope to enjoy each moment as before.

Happy Weekend to all and I wish to know how all is faring weekend-wise? I am good, just returning from church and about to settle for pounding and eating some nice poundy with vegetable soup and a big fish.
This week's breakfast is going to be french (women don't get fat)toast, lol. Using whole wheat bread.

Officially am 79kg, I weighed in yesterday morning that was a week after resuming my normal routine after the 29-day fast. Before the fast I weighed in to be 82.2kg, after the fast I was 78.2kg and I was expecting a add so am quite happy it was not so bad after all. It was actually 79.5kg 3/3/12 and yesterday 10/3/12 it was 79.1kg. I know that was not much, I am blaming it on the Cardio I could put in just once this week and prolly one day I missed due to injury. Am cool sha and hope to this again in a month's time.
Bad news, my scale was out of shape this morning, I hope it can be repaired by tomorrow.

I ended my JM goals for the week yesterday on day 7 of level 1 and today is my rest/stretch day. I also wish to switch to AM for my exercise this week too, its going to be a busy week.

All the best in the new week buddies.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 3:26pm On Mar 11, 2012
well done girl and congrats on the loss.u'll surely get there soon if u continue like this.
Logs for yesterdy 10/3/12
did really do any exercise, it was more of a rest day except for house chore-cleaning,laundry,moping and more.i also worked a little to my sons Denise austins fit kids when i played it for him.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:52pm On Mar 11, 2012
mightlove: well done girl and congrats on the loss.u'll surely get there soon if u continue like this.

You bet!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2012
mightlove: well done girl and congrats on the loss.u'll surely get there soon if u continue like this.

You bet!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2012
HG,
You are just putting me under pressure.
Where are the smileys on this NL??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2012
Sunday 11th March

Running/jogging/sprints - 75 mins

A new week!

Had a long running session today. Sunday is my 'long run' day as I have a lot more time in the mornings. Didnt think i could go as far as i did today so quite pleased with this. Still can't believe how quickly my fitness level has improved in just a week. I've found my skipping rope again and managed to do 300 skips yesterday. Will see if I can incorporate a few mins of skipping into my day this week.

New goals for this week:

1.Workouts- including running, some Tae bo sessions.

2. Increase water intake.

Ps: Well done HG on the loss, great to see things moving in the right direction and you are really in the zone!

ML: well done on your workouts, I see you've been 'shredding' smiley great stuff girl!

@all: have a great week ahead. The motivation level is high on this thread, let's keep it that way! smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 10:28pm On Mar 11, 2012
I trust that everyone's doing alright. Well I am still on my grind. In the past two weeks I have increased my workout schedule from at least 3 days a week to at least 5 days a week. This past week I actually did 6 days.....combination of aerobics, weight lifting and skipped a 1,500 today. I have been consistent with my 'healthy living' since August of 2011. So far, I have lost 25lbs and two inches in my waist line. I think I'll be happy to lose another 10lbs, but I am not in a hurry. My philosophy is to keep doing what's right and other things will fall in line - no pressure.

I need to go shopping, none of my belts fit my waist any more. The suits I wear to work are starting to look oversized. I am back to wearing clothes I almost gave away a few months ago, because they couldn't fit back then.

I just saw a picture of Lenny Kravitz looking really fit at 48, and BOY was I inspired.

I wish everyone a productive week ahead.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:19pm On Mar 11, 2012
Echala: I trust that everyone's doing alright. Well I am still on my grind. In the past two weeks I have increased my workout schedule from at least 3 days a week to at least 5 days a week. This past week I actually did 6 days.....combination of aerobics, weight lifting and skipped a 1,500 today. I have been consistent with my 'healthy living' since August of 2011. So far, I have lost 25lbs and two inches in my waist line. I think I'll be happy to lose another 10lbs, but I am not in a hurry. My philosophy is to keep doing what's right and other things will fall in line - no pressure.

I need to go shopping, none of my belts fit my waist any more. The suits I wear to work are starting to look oversized. I am back to wearing clothes I almost gave away a few months ago, because they couldn't fit back then.

I just saw a picture of Lenny Kravitz looking really fit at 48, and BOY was I inspired.

I wish everyone a productive week ahead.

This is a wow!!! 25lbs that is like 13kg in all, congrats on your loss. I hope you become a a motivator to me here too, good work.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:10am On Mar 12, 2012
Monday 12th March

Running - 30mins

@Echala: i like that philosophy. well done on the loss so far and I bet it's such a great feeling to fit into those previously 'too tight' clothes! - and that's just the outward benefits of being fit, talk less of how you will feel inside wink

Have a lovely day all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2012
Hi everyone my name is Ruth. I don't know where to start from i can't count calories and water intake. I really want to reduce my tummy and laps. I'm 61 kg 5ft2.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:59pm On Mar 12, 2012
modath: HG,
You are just putting me under pressure.

I wish, can I stand shoulder length with you considering where you are coming from? What ave I lost yet? How many inches am I less? Where is my before and after pics like yours? Am still dreaming at this stage o. Just continue to guide and aid me on my sister, you are always my hero.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:21pm On Mar 12, 2012
Burntcoal: Hi everyone my name is Ruth. I don't know where to start from i can't count calories and water intake. I really want to reduce my tummy and laps. I'm 61 kg 5ft2.

Welcome burntcoal (is your skin very dark or something, lol?). Anyways, your statistics looks great but if its about your tummy and laps then its a small thing, everything will come to shape when you exercise 5 days a week and eat healthy. One of the logic of eating healthy is adding before subtracting. Add the good foods like whole grains, vegetables, fruits, mono unsaturated fats then whatever is wrong that you eat will just show face and then they can be reduced gradually. Wrongs foods don't circulate in your body, they go straight to your waist/tummy and stay there and they normally find it hard leaving. So change your lifestyle to the good one with a consistent exercise, you are on your way to a 22" waist.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:40pm On Mar 12, 2012
Sorry for the oversight on calorie counting and water. For water, at least you should be taking 8 glasses of water daily and for calories, I think your limit should be like 1,800cals per day (estimate), its hard counting cals inside naija food and you could run away knowing that for 1 tablespoon of red oil is 120 cals. So what you can do is doing portion size and serving sizes, for solids, it can be the size of your fist, protein should be portioned by your palms excluding fingers, fat should be the first segment of your little finger, veggies and fruits like half of the standard eating plate etc, eat the whole grain substitutes of your carbs, e.g. Wheat meal for yam flour/eba, paddi/offada/brown rice for the regular one, wheat bread for the regular one and so on. Its ok for now and try to log what you do for consistency and accountability.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 7:12am On Mar 13, 2012
Ok hourglass. I used to do the exercise but i stop due to my busy schedule. Now that i'm 2ru with their B.A I wanna focus on my shape and weight. Busts:36 waist:35 hips:40. I friend also said it's bad to stop exercisin aw true is it? By the way y do u say i'm i dark or somethin?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:22am On Mar 13, 2012
Burntcoal: Ok hourglass. I used to do the exercise but i stop due to my busy schedule. Now that i'm 2ru with their B.A I wanna focus on my shape and weight. Busts:36 waist:35 hips:40. I friend also said it's bad to stop exercisin aw true is it? By the way y do u say i'm i dark or somethin?

Its your user ID that is funny to me, dont mind me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.