Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327538 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by adaolisah: 8:42am On Apr 19, 2012
[quote author=CarlosDopipi]Ok guys. Some of us are going about this weight loss in a very wrong way. As a personal trainer and health Guru, I must advise visiting your GP or Doctor before embarking on any health or fitness regime. This is as a result of what is good for Bisi not also good for Ada.

Carlos ur post makes a hell of a sense(too long though)!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 8:49am On Apr 19, 2012
hey all, so much activity on the thread.
All ye newbies, welcome to the thread.
All ye passers by and advisers, thanks for stopping by.
All ye hawkers of weightloss products, HG has said it. We believe in eating 'sensibly'(adapted from modath) and exercising to lose weight.
Congrats on the loss freshface.
Babs, well done.
Kobojunkie,good to read your post after all this while.
Ronke:congrats on the inches lost. I am experiencing same here. I have stopped wearing some of my clothes cos the fit losely, and all those clothes i wore last in 3 years are now beginning to fit.some fit snugly, some just okay.dont plan on shopping for new clothes just yet. That will be done after my next baby cos i will still need these ones when am preggy. Afterwards, they will all be donated for the needy.
Logs for the past days
17/4/12
22 minutes on the elliptical machine
18/4/12
Debbie Siebers slim in 6, burn it up.
Have a great day all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 9:01am On Apr 19, 2012
hey peeps, I am loving my body. I now believe the best way to lose weight is to do it gradually and tone up with weights while you lose. My body is so firm. My boobs and every other part of my body looks firm. Yes i still have a tummy but it is going gradually and firming up, it doesnt look flabby. I have lost weight in the past but didnt have a toned body because i achieved it through cardio only. Now i know the the importance of strength training as part of a weightloss program.
@HG:pele, welldone jare. How long is your challenge going to last?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2012
@Ronky & ML: you girls are doing so great with the dedication to working out and I'm pleased that it's now showing forth in how you feel in your clothes and your bodies. Nothing beats that feeling when you can look in the mirror at your body and begin to like what you see, and ML you are indeed right about strength training helping to tone and firm the body.
@HG: cant believe you are already on week 3 of your running program/ challenge, great stuff!
I love hearing progress, helps keep me inspired. smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2012
Freshface: Thank you Babs2011 and Ronkebp. The thing is that I skip dinner. So my breakfast and lunch usually don't add up to very much. I also try not to snack at all, just stick to my meals, mainly beans without oil. I try not to do carb more than once a day. The boy is 10mth, so we r not doing exclusive breastfeeding. I just breastfeed for him to help me lose wt (at least 200cal from him lol!). I want to look good for his first birthday party in may!

Log for 18/04/12: 1500skips,200squats,100abs.

Btw, d thread is so busy! Welcome to all the new members and followers!

@ff: ah, i see- thought you were doing exclusive...however personally I still think you could give yourself a little leeway with the calories. I admire your self control though, just 2 meals in the day and no dinner! I'm sure you will be a yummy mummy on your sons birthday cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by DAZZLINGM(f): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2012
Hi y'all! my name is DazzlingM. i came across this thread yesterday and i kinda liked it cos it was motivating and inspiring. am sooo very intrested in losing weight but i honestly can't tell u wat i weigh cos i don't even know. i av started cutting down on my food intake and d kinda food i eat, i guess i can call it dieting. for the little input even as unstable as it is,i can tell there is a difference by my trousers and belt hole and i can't help but wonder wat it would be like if i put my heart n soul into dis weight loss thingy. i av stopped eating late nights,any time after 7pm i don't eat again all i do is take fruits or vegetable and eko but i av nothing concrete for breakfast and lunch. for instance,i ate gala dis afternoon and had boiled plantain for breakfast. can my gala intake affect my dieting plan? cos i eat it when am in a no option level of hunger. i learnt a lot reading on others routine and suggestions and i hope to start up something for myself most especially excercising.

i want to start with a 3month target. pls can u advise me on wat to do?

Thank you.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:31pm On Apr 19, 2012
babs2011:
@HG: cant believe you are already on week 3 of your running program/ challenge, great stuff!
I love hearing progress, helps keep me inspired. smiley

It inspired me too, personally and am happy for my progress. Already looking forward to my challenge for May and June, I will give details later.

mightlove:
@HG:pele, welldone jare. How long is your challenge going to last?

It is an 8 weeks training o. After which I run 5ks for the records.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Buchika: 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2012
I use to jump rope a lot before like say 1000jumps at a time but i later leave it for only jogging and brisk walking . Today i tried to jump again but the back of my laps got so sensitive that i could not jump upto 10 times , I got scared. I brisk walk almost every day. Can this be the cause please help.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:06pm On Apr 19, 2012
Buchika: I use to jump rope a lot before like say 1000jumps at a time but i later leave it for only jogging and brisk walking . Today i tried to jump again but the back of my laps got so sensitive that i could not jump upto 10 times , I got scared. I brisk walk almost every day. Can this be the cause please help.

Just continue trying and trust me you will be very fine. The issue is probably you had some sorta soreness from the walk you did the last time, so give yourself a little rest and continue jumping
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Buchika: 7:48am On Apr 20, 2012
[quote author=Hour_Glass]

Just continue trying and trust me you will be very fine. The issue is probably you had some sorta soreness from the walk you did the last time, so give yourself a little rest and continue jumping

[/quote thanks hour glass. I tried again this morning and i was able to do 800
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Buchika: 7:53am On Apr 20, 2012
Hour_Glass:

got upto 800 this morning
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:10am On Apr 20, 2012
Buchika: got upto 800 this morning

Very well then, I think you can use jump rope as a form of cross training, i.e. You leave a day or two off walking/running, so you jump on those days.

Good morning everyone, I really want to say to those just starting to log in their activities and maybe meals here on a daily basis. It makes you accountable and difficult to fall off the wagon.

Yesterday was not bad, 30 mins running and 20 mins on the cross trainer and the last 10 doing sit ups and crunches. It was really crunchy! Ish!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:15am On Apr 20, 2012
DAZZLING M: Hi y'all! my name is DazzlingM. i came across this thread yesterday and i kinda liked it cos it was motivating and inspiring. am sooo very intrested in losing weight but i honestly can't tell u wat i weigh cos i don't even know. i av started cutting down on my food intake and d kinda food i eat, i guess i can call it dieting. for the little input even as unstable as it is,i can tell there is a difference by my trousers and belt hole and i can't help but wonder wat it would be like if i put my heart n soul into dis weight loss thingy. i av stopped eating late nights,any time after 7pm i don't eat again all i do is take fruits or vegetable and eko but i av nothing concrete for breakfast and lunch. for instance,i ate gala dis afternoon and had boiled plantain for breakfast. can my gala intake affect my dieting plan? cos i eat it when am in a no option level of hunger. i learnt a lot reading on others routine and suggestions and i hope to start up something for myself most especially excercising.

i want to start with a 3month target. pls can u advise me on wat to do?

Thank you.

It would be necessary Dazzling to have all those statistics as in your height and your weight and what your goals are. From there we can say how good gala can be in your diet and how realistic a 3 months target would be. Take care and keep fit.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Buchika: 8:37am On Apr 20, 2012
hour glass pls what is the most effective and very simple strength training exercise
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:34am On Apr 20, 2012
Buchika: hour glass pls what is the most effective and very simple strength training exercise

There is no strength training that is not 100% effective for the targetted muscle group when done with a proper form and consistently and with a good number of reps/sets. For example there a thousand and one ST for the abs/core, upper body and lower body (the 3 groups you exercise during ST). So depending on which you are targetting among these 3 then we can truly say which more effective and simple. And pls simple is quite relative when it comes to workout.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:43am On Apr 20, 2012
[url]sparkpeople.com/resource/fitness_articles.asp?id=1736[/url]
Read through this article and try open other links in it. They are very helpful

[url]sparkpeople.com/resource/exercise_demos.asp?exercise_type=core[/url]

In the above are tens of exercises and their demos for different muscle groups. It has always been helpful especially for proper form
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:56am On Apr 20, 2012
Prof. HourG what's up? How body?

You did not work out today?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2012
agabaI23: Prof. HourG what's up? How body?

You did not work out today?

*clears throat* who is disturbing my peace there nooooowwwww? Oh, its my sweetheart. Howdy?

Workout? You still asking after all that press up I did this morning on you. Bad boy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 12:19pm On Apr 20, 2012
logs for yesterday 19/4/12
debbie siebers slim in 6(burn it up)
have a lovely weekend all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hour_Glass:

*clears throat* who is disturbing my peace there nooooowwwww? Oh, its my sweetheart. Howdy?

Workout? You still asking after all that press up I did this morning on you. Bad boy
Na you did only sit up. You did not get to press up before you started speaking in tongues wink

I dey as you left me
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
agabaI23:

I dey as you left me

How did I leave you?

10mins warm up/cool down, 30 mins run/jog on the treadmill, 20 mins on the elliptical trainer, 5 mins sit up/leg raises

I have one more day this week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hour_Glass:

How did I leave you?

10mins warm up/cool down, 30 mins run/jog on the treadmill, 20 mins on the elliptical trainer, 5 mins sit up/leg raises

You know now!

Well done by the way
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Buchika: 6:22pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hour_Glass:

There is no strength training that is not 100% effective for the targetted muscle group when done with a proper form and consistently and with a good number of reps/sets. For example there a thousand and one ST for the abs/core, upper body and lower body (the 3 groups you exercise during ST). So depending on which you are targetting among these 3 then we can truly say which more effective and simple. And pls simple is quite relative when it comes to workout.
am interested on abs/core and by simple i mean something that i can incorporate in to the 45 minutes i allocate to work outs in a day.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hey guys, how are we all doing?, i can see we are all making progress!!!!
@ HG, good workouts there.wish you luck.

Logs for wednessday, 30 minutes total body workout and 25 minutes pilates.

logs for yesterday; 30 minutes extreme cardio burn with kick boxing routines.

Everyone please have a lovely weekend.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:02am On Apr 21, 2012
mightlove: hey peeps, I am loving my body. I now believe the best way to lose weight is to do it gradually and tone up with weights while you lose. My body is so firm. My boobs and every other part of my body looks firm. Yes i still have a tummy but it is going gradually and firming up, it doesnt look flabby. I have lost weight in the past but didnt have a toned body because i achieved it through cardio only. Now i know the the importance of strength training as part of a weightloss program.
?
150% on Point,especially on the losing weight gradually part,it is the ONLY way that is guaranteed to be long lasting!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:12am On Apr 21, 2012
agabaI23:
Na you did only sit up. You did not get to press up before you started speaking in tongues wink

I dey as you left me

Silly me,I thot it was squat&leg raises u prefer! lipsrsealed

Hour_Glass:

How did I leave you?

And you,stop distracting me from commenting on your dedication and progress,bravo my bad chick!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:31am On Apr 21, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2012
Buchika: am interested on abs/core and by simple i mean something that i can incorporate in to the 45 minutes i allocate to work outs in a day.

There is no real need to isolate your abs/core exercises.what you need basically is just 10mins every other day of PLANKS&LEG RAISES,what basically works your abdominal muscles is full body strenght/weight training.
Have your ever watched all these Abokis/Males that offload heavy duty stuff like Bags of Cement,Rice,building blocks etc in action(especially with their shirts off),if you look closely you'll see their core muscles tensed up and 8 out 10 of them have ripped abdominals which to me is a nice statistics,you can check it out to obtain proof,don't just take my word for it.
One other effective abs/core workout is SPRINTING,its awesome but you might gork while attemptin it grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:04am On Apr 21, 2012
modath:

Silly me,I thot it was squat&leg raises u prefer! !!
You don't eat ogbono soup every day. A little to the right, a little to left and a little to the centre. Legies and squaties are nice stuff ;-) You've been awol by the way.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:06am On Apr 21, 2012
@Freshface,
I really&do sincerely envy your mindset,self control the Lord granted me some(sensible eating+portion control) but the ability to not eat at all and be ok!!! shocked .it takes a lot to eat LESS let alone completely skip meals,My only concern is that how do you make the transition to normal eating without plateauingunless you want to keep it up permanently. cool
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:03am On Apr 21, 2012
agabaI23: You don't eat ogbono soup every day. A little to the right, a little to left and a little to the centre. Legies and squaties are nice stuff ;-) You've been awol by the way.
Naaaah,I dey mark register everyday(though sometimes am in the middle of something and can't post)I've just been lurking cos am adhering to my strict rule of keeping any unpleasant opinion to myself,our thread making the front page brought in different people,some of the comments posted I disagree with and since I don't want to go off on anyone lest I run them off or alienate them,I just siddon look.
My peeps posts on the other hand,I can't ignore.I know my ppl&my ppl know me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.