Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,783 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language (5255 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Conditions: Jewish Surety, N300m, No Interviews, Crowd Of 10 / Hurray !!! Hausa To Become Nigeria's Second Official Language / Why Pres. Buhari Should Grant Sen. Bukola Saraki A Pardon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by themilanway(m): 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

Why shouldn't you care about this? I am sure you were one of those people laughing at PEJ, why shouldn't it bother you now?

You are block head,I'm so sure of it.

1st the hausa is a Nigerian language if you are really and truely a Nigerian.Why the discrimination?Who stopped PEJ or even GEJ from granting interviews with their mother tongue?Who?

Why are you not complaining about his dressing or the food he eats?

Tribal bigot

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by mars123(m): 2:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

Read my first post, don't you think those issues I raised are important concerns
ol boy its a free world oh, BBC has a hausa service, it communicates to its followers in hausa. unfortunately, it doesn't have ibo and Yoruba. So if Buhari is met by the bbc hausa service for an interview and he grants them, it is only fair and right that he replies in the language he is questioned. and because he knows people like you will cry, he also did a second session in English for you. and you're still not ok with that? does Buhari reply amanpour in hausa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by murphyibiam15(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Immatex:

I don't see Mr President as a truly national figure- a uniting figure. Largely due to his utterances an silence on national issues.

His posture depicts, sectarian disposition. I stand to be otherwise educated.
SOME ZOMBIES WILL STILL COME TO BLAB

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by mars123(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
Proudlyngwa:
You have very valid points and I appreciate that, but I heard the interview was granted by BBC HAUSA and he also did an interview for BBC world service, I don't know how true that is and when i can confirm . I will modify this post.
Back to the topic, granting an interview for the beeb hausa is not bad, most hausa fulani's nairaland is their transistor radio ( no insults intended ), I hope we will not interpret this wrongly.
the interviews are on YouTube there but he won't check, he prefers to sit here and cry.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by DerideGull(m): 2:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
Immatex:
You believe in one Nigeria.

He Believes in Northern Nigeria.

Of course, he believes in Northern Nigeria yet some dumbass fools in the zoo called Nigeria will to preach useless "One-Nigeria" to us.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by mars123(m): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
murphyibiam15:

SOME ZOMBIES WILL STILL COME TO BLAB
because those zombies are actually more reasonable than you.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
themilanway:

1st the hausa is a Nigerian language if you are really and truely a Nigerian.Why the discrimination?Who stopped PEJ or even GEJ from granting interviews with their mother tongue?Who?

Why are you not complaining about his dressing or the food he eats?

Tribal bigot

GEJ is a nationalist, he will not indulge in such because he knows the consequences of being sectarian, and he cares. A whole president of Nigeria has consistently chosen to grant formal interviews in his mother tongue, and you call be a tribal bigot? Your hypocrisy is epic.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by mars123(m): 2:55pm On Dec 28, 2015
DerideGull:

Of course, he believes in Northern Nigeria yet some dumbass fools in the zoo called Nigeria will to preach useless "One-Nigeria" to us.
do you even think before you write? is it a sin to preach unity, that the heavens and the whole world is preaching?
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by mars123(m): 2:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

GEJ is a nationalist, he will not indulge in such because he knows the consequences of being sectarian, and he cares. A whole president of Nigeria has consistently chosen to grant formal interviews in his mother tongue, and you call be a tribal bigot? Your hypocrisy is epic.
but the interview was in hausa, na hausa people organize that service, where ibo, Yoruba and ijaw people dey
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
mars123:
the interviews are on YouTube there but he won't check, he prefers to sit here and cry.

Sit here and cry, i don't understand.
Moreover I always appreciate links so we can all learn, and I maintain doing an interview for the beeb in hausa is not bad
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2015
mars123:
but the interview was in hausa, na hausa people organize that service, where ibo, Yoruba and ijaw people dey

This is exactly what I am saying. All the above and more will start viewing him as a sectarian president, this can be avoided if he applies wisdom
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

This is exactly what I am saying. All the above and more will start viewing him as a sectarian president, this can be avoided if he applies wisdom

Look at it this way, if bbc French service granted him an interview and assuming he could speak French and the interview was held in French, would you be this sentimental. Guy it was just an interview with BBC HAUSA.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 3:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Look at it this way, if bbc French service granted him an interview and assuming he could speak French and the interview was held in French, would you be this sentimental. Guy it was just an interview with BBC HAUSA.

He has done this repeatedly so far, how long will he continue doing this
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

He has done this repeatedly so far, how long will he continue doing this

Granted interviews to the BBC world service in hausa repeatedly or granted interviews to BBC HAUSA repeatedly, which?
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 3:23pm On Dec 28, 2015
Proudlyngwa:

Granted interviews to the BBC world service in hausa repeatedly or granted interviews to BBC HAUSA repeatedly, which?

He has granted interviews to BBC Hausa service repeatedly and this is not right. Is he the only Hausa leader we have had in this country, how many of them did this during their tenure?
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Proudlyngwa(m): 3:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

He has granted interviews to BBC Hausa service repeatedly and this is not right. Is he the only Hausa leader we have had in this country, how many of them did this during their tenure?

Take it easy babe, it might not seem right, but certainly it ain't wrong.
Hope you don't see me as an online enemy.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
I see through your nonsense write up. You guys cease every opportunity to attack the president.

There's nothing wrong in speaking in Hausa. He speaks in whatever language his audience knows.

Pidggin:

He should send BBC Hausa away if they ask to interview him? Has he spoken Hausa on national TV before?

This is a baseless thread. Get busy young lady.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2015
olukenzo:
I see through your nonsense write up. You guys cease every opportunity to attack the president.

There's nothing wrong in speaking in Hausa. He speaks in whatever language his audience knows.

He should send BBC Hausa away if they ask to interview him? Has he spoken Hausa on national TV before?

This is a baseless thread. Get busy young lady.

It is baseless to you because you are a Social media change agent. I am a nationalist, and I cannot sell my conscience for fried rice, if I see something wrong, I will certainly say it.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

It is baseless to you because you are a Social media change agent. I am a nationalist, and I cannot sell my conscience for fried rice, if I see something wrong, I will certainly say it.

Lol. And you must be a wailer or iPod youth grin

Nationalist my foot, you must be English from Nigeria. You remind me of my classmate who's always embarrassed when I speak Yoruba in class.

Really? Tell me, what is "wrong" with the president speaking in his mother tongue to an audience that speak that tongue?

Complex, tribalism, joblessness? What is it with you?
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 5:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
olukenzo:

Lol. And you must be a wailer or iPod youth grin

Nationalist my foot, you must be English from Nigeria. You remind me of my classmate who's always embarrassed when I speak Yoruba in class.

Really? Tell me, what is "wrong" with the president speaking in his mother tongue to an audience that speak that tongue?

Complex, tribalism, joblessness? What is it with you?

So his plan on how to raise funds to implement the national budget is meant for only Northerners, right? I am beginning to wonder if I am exchanging words with a kid
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

So his plan on how to raise funds to implement the national budget is meant for only Northerners, right? I am beginning to wonder if I am exchanging words with a kid

Yes, the budget is only meant for Northerners, what are you gonna do about it? iPod Youth tongue grin

To the lagoon silly! --->
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
olukenzo:

Yes, the budget is only meant for Northerners, what are you gonna do about it? iPod Youth tongue grin

To the lagoon silly! --->

You see your life? Mttchew
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Pidggin:

You see your life? Mttchew

grin grin grin
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 7:43am On Dec 29, 2015
Decibel:

Is Hausa a lingua franca?

Good question, it's definitely not our official language. PMB actually went back to the same foreign media and supported mutiny in his mother tongue. A former army general?

I didn't know English is so difficult to speak, especially when the person in question claims to have a Senior School Certificate.

One Nigeria!
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:41am On Dec 29, 2015
Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:47am On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:

Where did you hear me say i don't like Buhari? Be nice now, why are you trying to drive me away from my own country?
So BBC Hausa Service should make use of English when interviewing Buhari?

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So BBC Hausa Service should make use of English when interviewing Buhari?

Why are you so closed minded, must he keep granting interviews consistently to them, are they the only media house in existence? These are the questions people should be asking, but everyone is keeping mute as if we are all under a spell.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2015
Pidggin:

Why are you so closed minded, must he keep granting interviews consistently to them, are they the only media house in existence? These are the questions people should be asking, but everyone is keeping mute as if we are all under a spell.
You're pained.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 11:44am On Dec 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You're pained.

Yes I am, it is a misnomer. It's not good for our national unity.
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by meccuno: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
Come to think of it, why was BBC Hausa the only indigenous language service in Nigeria created, without taking into consideration other ethnic group? Thinking aloud!!

2 Likes

Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by Pidggin(f): 1:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
meccuno:
Come to think of it, why was BBC Hausa the only indigenous language service in Nigeria created, without taking into consideration other ethnic group? Thinking aloud!!

I wonder
Re: 7 Reasons Why P.M.B Should Grant All Formal Interviews In Our Official Language by BushidoBlue(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
Instead of seeking to unite the nation, more division occurs from the top and some wonder why others react....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Throw Back Pictures: Dele Giwa And His Death / How I Become A Popular Meme- Kayode Ewumi / Dr. Maduka Campaign Organisation Debunks Fake Petition Letter To IGP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.