Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods (5208 Views)

I Just Discovered This Section..i Really Wanna Learn How To Write... / Divepen1(me), Larrysun, Kayemjay And Frank316 At A Conference (pix) / Is Divepen1 A Feminist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by repogirl(f): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2015
I have been a writer on this section for over three years now and it is regretful to say that the section has been left to degradation.

Writers have now migrated to the romance and sexuality sections in order to get more readers and appreciation for their works.

What crime did we commit in here that our works can't grace front page anymore? All we beg for is a little recognition especially for the hardworking, upcoming writers here. It just isn't fair.

I think the blame falls on the mod in charge, he probably needs assistance and that's why I am advocating for literary inclined, passionate contributors from this section to help out.

I hereby nominate Divepen1 for Mod/asst. Mod for Lit. Section and Llaykorn mod for poetry section.

Both members have been dedicated to this section for years now... And have shown a passion for literature and poetry.

I have been in talks with them and they have agreed to do their best to revamp the section.

Below is evidence of threads they started to boost activity in the section

Divepen1

https://www.nairaland.com/2824710/lit-sec-dying

https://www.nairaland.com/2631127/write-shortest-flash-fiction-not

https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

https://www.nairaland.com/1893739/nairaland-e-workshop-writers---comment-thread--day1-sept30

Llaykorn
www.nairaland.com/2708057/npc-collaboration-poetry-competition-season

www.nairaland.com/2610139/six-word-poem-game-whos

www.nairaland.com/2097730/word-picture-recharge-challenge-submission-thread

www.nairaland.com/2045307/poetry-classes-beginners-npc-signup

Please let's do this for all literature lovers on Nairaland. This section has a lot of untapped potential...all they need is a little recognition for their efforts.

Oga Seun, please remember us at this end.... We still deserve to be on the front-page. It was a story by Virgo, Umari Anyim on the frontpage that made me pick up my pen and begin writing again and Nairaland has taken me quite beyond my own expectations.

All I ask is that you continue to do this for others. Thank you.

Cc: Seun
Ishilove
Mynd44
LarrySun

16 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ekaromail: 11:47am On Dec 28, 2015
Very true. Literature section cannot die. The nominees are regulars here and hardworking too. I support.

Please everyone, let us support this campaign. We need people who will revive and boost this section.

Repo, thanks for this initiative
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Divepen1(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2015
Accepted but it still needs the approval of Seun Osewa, by whose authority we can proceed to see the expected change

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ritababe(f): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmm seun why not just bring ishilove back?
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Genea(f): 11:56am On Dec 28, 2015
This is happening cos most of d topic on fp are frm romance,crime ,politics,celebrities and a lil of educatn nd vacancy,i guess d supermods have to revaluate and consider how much of each section has to be on fp.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Omotayor123(f): 11:58am On Dec 28, 2015
But some people.. Cc. Mattkent are still keeping it real.
Make I invite ghostwritter for this matter.

2 Likes

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Omotayor123(f): 11:59am On Dec 28, 2015
ritababe:
Hmmm seun why not just bring ishilove back?
Ishilove resigned willingly!

1 Like

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ritababe(f): 12:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
Omotayor123:

Ishilove resigned willingly!

waoh, ok then seun should consider laykon and divepen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ClassCaptain(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Hmnnn ,Am sure Seun will work on it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Omotayor123(f): 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
ritababe:

waoh, ok then seun should consider laykon and divepen.
Actually, I don't know those. But since Seun has been notified now. He will get the best man for the job.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by repogirl(f): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
Divepen1:
Accepted but it still needs the approval of Seun Osewa, by whose authority we can proceed to see the expected change
divepen1, abeg no mention change for this matter.. grin

Rather let's say, the expected improvement. cheesy

Ritababe, Omotayor123, Genes, thanks for commenting....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by llaykorn: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2015
Thanks for the nomination, Repogirl and yes, I agree with you. The Literature Section and it's sub-section are in need of passionate people who can revive them. I hope Seun looks into your request.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ritababe(f): 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
Omotayor123:

Actually, I don't know those. But since Seun has been notified now. He will get the best man for the job.

i think they can do the job.

4 Likes

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ritababe(f): 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
ClassCaptain:

your story don finish musician?
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ClassCaptain(m): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
ritababe:

your story don finish musician?
which of the stories ??
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by GSteve001(m): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
...i'm glad something like this popped up. the section is really in "coma" and i'm more happy that dedicated literalanders like divepen1 and llaykorn are willing to help resuscitate lit. Section. Oga seun please address this issue. many people are tired of been deprived of knowledge and "sensible" entertainment on this site.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by joseph1832(m): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
Interesting.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by repogirl(f): 12:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
GSteve001:
...i'm glad something like this popped up. the section is really in "coma" and i'm more happy that dedicated literalanders like divepen1 and llaykorn are willing to help resuscitate lit. Section. Oga seun please address this issue. many people are tired of been deprived of knowledge and "sensible" entertainment on this site.
thank you... I want this place as lively as it was back then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by GidiQuotes: 12:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
I thought llaykorn was a mod... oh shocked
the way the guy take poetry section serious eh.... damn

abeg make him a super mod if possible

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ritababe(f): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
ClassCaptain:

which of the stories ??

with mgoat
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Favolly(f): 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
Umari Ayim cheesy
Is she still on NL tho? embarassed
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by LarrySun(m): 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2015
I seriously think you guys are just wasting your time. The admins won't listen to you. I think they want the section to rot and ooze slime. This section is a proof of the reading culture that's dying in the nation. The moderators don't give a damn about the Literature Section, the supermods don't...and, hell, Seun doesn't! I've sent him mails concerning this section but they were ignored. What makes you think he would listen to you this time around? This is basically another thread that would be swept under the rug, or damned into obscurity. However, if by some divine means, you are heard, I hope the nominated enthusiasts would show their mettle and recommend sensible topics for front page. We really don't want to soil the reputations of the great forum and the dying wonderful section. I've come across some stories so poorly written that they pose danger to the views of innocent readers.

Writers are advised to write stuff that are really frontpage-worthy. You can't honestly write something that leaves a ridiculous trail of grammatical blunders and still clamour for front page. Let's learn to write carefully.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ClassCaptain(m): 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
ritababe:

with mgoat
yea done did it
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Divepen1(m): 3:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
We will overcome. Made Mod or not we'll build this ground because a new generation will need to meet good literature in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by repogirl(f): 4:13pm On Dec 28, 2015
I hear you LarrySun, and it seems you are right.... Its just too bad. We had a good thing going on for a while but I guess everything good comes to an end.

It's like we should probably move our ministry to romance section where we will be noticed.

Divepen1:
We will overcome. Made Mod or not we'll build this ground because a new generation will need to meet good literature in Nigeria.
Yes Divepen, I am behind you on that.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by repogirl(f): 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
ClassCaptain:
Mr. ClassCaptain, are you still a writer or musician?

You never got back to me after I replied your mail, wetin hapun?
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by stuff46(m): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
Many have left and will still leave because of Seun's approach to pressing issue.

I hate seeing people ignored when they are willing to help. Nonsense!
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by ritababe(f): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
come on seun say something
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
Omotayor123:
But some people.. Cc. Mattkent are still keeping it real.

Make I invite ghostwritter for this matter.

Thanks dear.

we've done our part in making this section come alive. Comments from guys like donkross1, dandypearl, heemah, ysadiq, bellovers, and the rest I can't recall now have made this section vibrant but mods hardly take notice of this. Really dunno why. I noticed guys like divepen and larrysun have been active in this section....maybe they can bring the change we want in this section.
Re: Revamping Our Dying Literature Section... I Nominate Divepen1 And Llaykorn Mods by timpaker(m): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
It will only take a miracle for Seun and his Supermods to yield.

I remember those days when the front page had some topics that were entertaining and one would read and learn a thing or two... Those days I'd stroll to the literature section or open pages of great interest on front page to learn new words to improve my vocabularies, but today, the frontpage is a very unserious.

They've succeeded in turning our beloved Nairaland to Instagram and LIB with senseless topics gracing our eyes. I have observed that the topics appeals to a particular set of people, mostly undergraduates that offers relationship tutorials or social jamboree with celebritocratic tendencies.

I wish to entire Nairaland management takes this at heart and make necessary consideration to the Literature section.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2)

Work At Home / How I Spent The Ramadan Holiday – Reflection. / Academic Writing Professional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.