Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,793 members, 7,798,677 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:19 AM

Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, (6237 Views)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu At Biafran Children Conference In Abia (Photos) / Statue Erected In Honour Of Nnamdi Kanu At His Residence. Photos / Picture Of Nnamdi Kanu At The Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by Johnmary2015: 4:12pm On Dec 28, 2015
HIS EXCELLENCY,
CHIEF JOHN OYEGUN,
THE NATIONAL CHAIRMAN
ALL PROGRESSIVE CONGRESS (APC),
NATIONAL SECRETARIAT,
NO 40 BLANTYRE STREET,
WUSE 2, ABUJA.
DEAR SIR,

NNAMDI KANU, THE RULE OF LAW AND THE IMPERATIVE OF ENDING THE IMPUNITY OF A GOVERNMENT AGENCY UNDER THE FIRM CONTROL AND LEADERSHIP OF THE APC-LED FEDERAL GOVERNMENT[/b]

The above subject matter refers.

Recall, Sir, that on the 17th day of December, 2015, the Federal High Court of Nigeria, sitting in Abuja and presided over by the Honourable Justice Ademola J., delivered a considered Ruling in an application brought by Citizen Nnamdi Kanu, the Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) against the Department of State Security (DSS).

Further recall sir that in the said Court's Ruling, My Lord Justice Ademola set aside the earlier Ex Parte Order of the same Court permitting the DSS to detain Mazi Nnamdi Kanu for ninety days, declared his further detention unlawful and ordered for his release UNCONDITIONALLY.

In a constitutional democracy such as ours where the Constitution reigns supreme, the solemn pronouncement of the Court on any issue submitted for its adjudication is final and must command the unquestionable obedience of all parties to the suit who are bound by such pronouncement. Anything contrariwise represents invitation to anarchy, negates the Rule of Law, challenges entrenched democratic traditions and encyclopaedically captures impunity.

Sir, I wish to sadly bring to your notice that the Order of Court made against the DSS since the 17th day of December, 2015 has not been obeyed. The statement I am struggling to make is that despite the unequivocal Order of unconditional release made by My Lord Justice Ademola J. on the 17th day of December, 2015, the DSS has continued to detain Mazi Nnamdi Kanu in their custody. Nothing could better define impunity in excelsis than this brazen defiance of a positive solemn Order of a Court of competent jurisdiction; an attitude that has been roundly condemned severally by the Nigerian Supreme Court in tones of decided cases including but not limited to the well-known and often cited case of OJUKWU V. MILITARY GOVERNOR OF LAGOS STATE.

While it is true, Sir, that under our laws you do not hold any Constitutionally-recognized public office however, I have three solid persuasions that compelled me to write you and they are as follows;

(a) You are the National Chairman of the Ruling party, the APC, which promised Nigerians, during the electioneering campaigns, to end impunity if given the opportunity. God being so gracious, Nigerians have given your great party that rare opportunity and they are watching to see what your great party will make out of it.
(b) I am one of the millions of the Nigerian youths who were totally fed up with the Nigerian system under the past administration and who took it upon themselves to spread the message of change during the electioneering campaign in the hope that the prevailing old order of impunity would be buried once our message of change is accepted and the much awaited new order of Constitutionalism and Rule of Law would be speedily enthroned by the APC-led Federal Government. Our voluntary commitment and involvement to the Project of Change at the time was indeed at a grave personal cost and sacrifice which does not call for itemization in this letter. To this extent therefore, I consider myself a stakeholder, in my own wise, in this Change Project.
(c) I am proud to say that I share the same Catholic faith with you which enjoins us to always make a positive difference in our environment, even in politics, by being Christ-like.

Flowing from the foregoing, you will agree with me, Sir, that a moral burden has crystallized on your shoulders and conscience to demonstrate to Nigerians, by your own showing, that the great party you ably pilot its affairs is indeed sincerely committed to ending impunity in the land in whatever form. The case of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has now presented your great party a golden opportunity to give flesh and blood to one of her campaign promises and walk the talk. By prevailing on the DSS to obey a subsisting valid Court Order against it, your great party will have passed this acid test and successfully shut up the mouths of her detractors.

Sir, let me be clear on this, the time for you to use your undoubted influence to have Mr. President see reasons why he should make sure that this subsisting Court Order is obeyed by the DSS is now. Indeed, the integrity and dignity of our Constitution (the most sacred document binding us together) is now hanging on the balance. Power being transient, we must not forget that the Nigerian populace are taking stocks and in the evening of this Administration's tenure, Nigerians will necessarily assess the performance of your great party and one of the cardinal basis of such critical assessment is respect for the Rule of Law. Indeed, the prosecutor trying to get even with an accused, like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, has been described as a barren showmanship.

Finally, over and above party interests, it is my humble but considered view that the responsibility of deepening our democracy and ending impunity in the land is a shared one among all lovers of democracy and indeed all patriotic Nigerians. By so doing, we will be discharging the Constitutional duty imposed on us to act responsibly and live out the ideals of the Constitution. While it seems to be the turn of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu today, who knows whose turn it would be tomorrow. At this trying moment of our nation's history, we all must be guided by wisdom and never shall emotion and sentiment, no matter how intense, be allowed a casting vote in our decisions. Our democracy can only keep us if we keep our democracy. Our laws can only keep us if we keep our laws. History and experience have shown that anybody, no matter how highly placed, might be in need of the Court's protection tomorrow. We must therefore guard the sacred institution of the Judiciary very jealously.

We must learn to 'let justice flow like a stream and righteousness like a river that never goes dry' as enjoined on us by the Sacred Scripture (Amos 5: 24). As you find time to reflect on all this, Sir, I ask Our Blessed Lord to continue to bless you, enlarge your borders, make your tenure even more glorious, grant you soundness of mind and body so that aided by His special grace, we all can work for a more egalitarian and equitable society by courageously bending the arc of justice in favour of the weak, the poor, the oppressed and the less-privileged. Compliments of the Season.

Please Sir, do graciously accept the assurances of my highest regards.

Yours in the Service of Humanity,

JOHNMARY CHUKWUKASI JIDEOBI, Esq.
Cc;
1. His Eminence, John Cardinal Onaikan, Metropolitan Archbishop of Abuja Catholic Archdiocese,
2. His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr. Mathew Hassan Kukkah, Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese,

1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by BrosPeter: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
2. His Lordship, Most Rev. Dr. Mathew Hassan Kukkah, Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese,

Greatest bishop in Nigeria as at today, only one fighting for Christians not Fr Mbastard.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by WaffenSS(m): 4:26pm On Dec 28, 2015
When the territorial integrity of a country is threatened, courts are of secondary importance.

Kanu presented himself as a terrorist to the the Nigerian state, looking for arms to deprive others of their rights and lives.

If letting him go is detrimental to our security, then the DSS decision to hold him is in order, and any court that seeks to jeopardize life and limb for the sake of one terrorist's "rights" is enabling terrorism and treason.

I say lock him up in the deepest, darkest dungeon and melt the key.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by sammyj: 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
Who is this charge and bail lawyer to write the APC chairman? He should no better that the APC chairman has nothing to do with this issue. Kanu wants to become President of Biafra republic Biafra just like Mandela did to SA. He should just take heart and enjoy his trail and prison too!!! grin grin grin

15 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by chronos: 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
Erm..mr lawyer,the idea of "rule of law" is both lofty and novel to the present administration.

Back to the matter.
The federal government needs to thread carefully here as foolhardy moves like this can lead to a second civil war(no country survives two civil wars). The Federal government should offer a listening ear to the agitation of this group,they are not terrorists and have been largely peaceful. Diplomacy is key

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by PentiumPro(f): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
Kanu intention was to make Somali a child's play to the carnage he was planning to unleash on Nigeria.
Kanu must produce all those miscreants that went to our embassies in India, Japan, Australia and threatened, harassed, insulted the Nigerians embassy staff and threatened to burn Nigeria embassies all over the world. All those are on video tapes.
Kanu must explain his intention of asking money to buy arms to bring chaos to Nigeria.
Kanu must be hanged.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
A Terrorist cannot bully his way out of a criminal charge, therefore tell Nnamdi Kanu and his “Charge & Bail” Lawyer to bring it on and let's see who has the most bullets & artilleries between the FG and their followers - Ndi Ara!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by PentiumPro(f): 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2015
chronos:
Erm..mr lawyer,the idea of "rule of law" is both lofty and novel to the present administration.

Back to the matter.
The federal government needs to thread carefully here as foolhardy moves like this can lead to a second civil war. The Federal government should offer a listening ear to the agitation of this group,they are not terrorists and have been largely peaceful. Diplomacy is key
Is that a threat to the Nigerian government ?

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by chronos: 4:48pm On Dec 28, 2015
PentiumPro:

Is that a threat to the Nigerian government ?

It's called a reality check...the government cannot finance a war without setting this country at least 5 years back economically.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by chronos: 4:50pm On Dec 28, 2015
WaffenSS:
When the territorial integrity of a country is threatened, courts are of secondary importance.

Kanu presented himself as a terrorist to the the Nigerian state, looking for arms to deprive others of their rights and lives.

If letting him go is detrimental to our security, then the DSS decision to hold him is in order, and any court that seeks to jeopardize life and limb for the sake of one terrorist's "rights" is enabling terrorism and treason.

In a democratic state,NOTHING supercedes the rule of law...
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by PentiumPro(f): 4:54pm On Dec 28, 2015
chronos:

It's called a reality check...the government cannot finance a war without setting this country at least 5 years back economically.

Ok, let the IPOB agitators test the will and resolve of the Nigerian army and see if the govt is capable of suppressing the insurrection or not.
The enemy will even come within.

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by belente(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
Well, pmb can never be president for ever
Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by chronos: 4:58pm On Dec 28, 2015
PentiumPro:

Ok, let the IPOB agitators test the will and resolve of the Nigerian army and see if the govt is capable of suppressing the insurrection or not.

One thing you have to understand is that you can't kill an idea...not even a massacre or pogrom can kill an idea

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by WaffenSS(m): 5:00pm On Dec 28, 2015
chronos:

In a democratic state,NOTHING supercedes the rule of law...

State security does.

read up on:

1. Black/covert ops
2. Guantanamo
3. Drone strikes
4. Emergency powers

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by abnsugbe: 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
WaffenSS:

hahahhaha..idiot i dont blame u...while bokoharam kill everyday,what about their sponsors..cant the Fg locate and try them??..must it be kanu..

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by geez18(m): 5:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
somebody once said "those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable"
it will be of utmost benefit to this goverment if this man is freed.the last thing this government need is another violent rebel group springing up in the south.they already have a full plate,as it were,in the north with boko haram.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by WaffenSS(m): 5:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
abnsugbe:

hahahhaha..idiot i dont blame u...while bokoharam kill everyday,what about their sponsors..cant the Fg locate and try them??..must it be kanu..

You didnt have to call me an idiot to have your say.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
WaffenSS:
[s]When the territorial integrity of a country is threatened, courts are of secondary importance.

I say lock him up in the deepest, darkest dungeon and melt the key[/s].

Typical yoruba man. Replace the name Nnamdi Kanu with Fashola, he will tell you that the law is of primary importance.

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by Vulu: 5:34pm On Dec 28, 2015
NNAMDI KANU IS FORCING NIGERIANS TO SHIIIT ON THEIR OWN CONSTITUTION. WHAT A MAN?! cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by WaffenSS(m): 5:39pm On Dec 28, 2015
new2020:

Typical yoruba man. Replace the name Nnamdi Kanu with Fashola, he will tell you that the law is of primary importance.

Eyya.

Sorry...I'm not Yoruba.

You think only the yorubas find igbos detestable?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2015
WaffenSS:

Eyya.

Sorry...I'm not Yoruba.

Yes only yorubas. Igbos scare the living daylight out of them. Tell me you dream about Igbos last night....

6 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by Flyoruboy(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2015
new2020:

Yes only yorubas. Igbos scare the living daylight out of them. Tell me you dream about Igbos last night....

You this fake AKS/Cross-Rivers wannabe Ipob tout. What's with this your sick obsession with the Yorubas? ? Why are you crying more than the bereaved? Or are you indirectly admitting your real Igbo ethnicity? ? cheesy Olofo mora focka.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by WaffenSS(m): 6:33pm On Dec 28, 2015
new2020:

Tell me you dream about Igbos last night....

I saw them all walking single file into a lagoon

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by zendy: 7:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
PentiumPro:

Boko Haram and the Niger Delta militants already tested your Nigerian army and nothing happend. Your Nigerian army is only good at shooting unarmed people

4 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by simpleseyi: 7:22pm On Dec 28, 2015
Which law are you talking about? Buhari is the law, he is the Alpha and Omega of Nigeria. If anything goes wrong, we all shout Buhari. Boko Haram has been killing thousands of Nigeria and we have been shouting Buhari, how many of us still remember that a Court in Nigeria granted bail to Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume our current Senate Majority after captured Boko Haram members provided proves that Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume is one of their major sponsors.

Kanu Nnamdi is very proud to say that he is a threat to the territorial integrity of Nigeria, so he should remain behind the bars. No court will give any order to release a terrorist that Buhari or DSS will obey. If you are not satisfied with this, kindly declare the war you have been threatening.

5 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by fulanimafia: 7:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
WaffenSS:

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by HiddenShadow: 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2015
You see why Donald Trump is right when he said Africans can't govern themselves
Simple court order they can't obey.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by beejaay: 7:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
WaffenSS:

Eyya.

Sorry...I'm not Yoruba.

so because u detest the igbos, u are willing to throw fairness into the gutter..no wonder the country is finding it hard to grow with all this type of mindset on rampage..its true people get the govt they deserve.....smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by beejaay: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2015
simpleseyi:
Which law are you talking about? Buhari is the law, he is the Alpha and Omega of Nigeria. If anything goes wrong, we all shout Buhari. Boko Haram has been killing thousands of Nigeria and we have been shouting Buhari, how many of us still remember that a Court in Nigeria granted bail to Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume our current Senate Majority after captured Boko Haram members provided proves that Senator Mohammed Ali Ndume is one of their major sponsors.

Kanu Nnamdi is very proud to say that he is a threat to the territorial integrity of Nigeria, so he should remain behind the bars. No court will give any order to release a terrorist that Buhari or DSS will obey. If you are not satisfied with this, kindly declare the war you have been threatening.
yet ali ndume(senate majority leader) a apc chieftain in the same party with the president!!! Wats wrong with this picture

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by WaffenSS(m): 7:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
beejaay:
so because u detest the igbos, u are willing to throw fairness into the gutter..no wonder the country is finding it hard to grow with all this type of mindset on rampage..its true people get the govt they deserve.....smh

I can never hate the igbos as much as the igbos hate me.

Don't they call me an animal in a zoo deserving of death?

7 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:16pm On Dec 28, 2015
BrosPeter:

Greatest bishop in Nigeria as at today, only one fighting for Christians not Fr Mbastard.

It is hard believing that this comment was actually dropped by a Christian. Even a Muslim or someone of any religion would never go as far as insulting a messenger of God!

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu: At Last Lawyer Writes Apc National Chairman, Warns Of Anarchy, by 247NewsUpdateNG: 8:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
simpleseyi:

Sad to believe that this is coming from someone who has (possibly) heard, can define and was taught democracy sometime in his life!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anambra APC State Congress Didn't Hold - Donatus Okonkwo / Beautiful Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun State / Kenneth Okonkwo Before And After The 2023 General Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.