Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,576 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! (1505 Views)

Inter & AC Milan Chasing Dzeko / Nigerian Kid Signs For Everton / Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by teeroy(m): 9:06am On Oct 24, 2006
It's true.His name is Sunday Stephen but in Spain they call him "Sunny".plays for Poli Ejido in 2nd division.First bid has been rejected though.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by teeroy(m): 9:12am On Oct 24, 2006
He's 17.He plays cenral midfield.Also wanted by Deportivo,Betis and Valencia.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by amodu(m): 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2006
Can you please post the picture and let us see?
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by teeroy(m): 8:00am On Oct 25, 2006
Liverpool has joined the race too.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by nosa101(f): 9:09am On Oct 25, 2006
We want to see the bastard's face
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by amodu(m): 11:20am On Oct 25, 2006
We dont know this guy you are talking about so lets see his face.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by teeroy(m): 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2006
Will put up the pic
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by teeroy(m): 12:12pm On Oct 26, 2006
He was discovered at an immigrants tourney in madrid.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by CrazyMan(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2006
*But there's no pic to prove what you are saying*
You might be lying you know undecided
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by Chxta(m): 9:20pm On Oct 26, 2006
Got this pic from a Madrid forum. Don't know if it is really him, but they claimed that that was were they fell in love with him. . .

[img]http://www.poliejido.com/images/ultimopartido(1).jpg[/img]
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by CrazyMan(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2006
It isn't opening
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by LoverBwoy(m): 3:08pm On Oct 27, 2006
i saw this pic from their website

i cant read spanish so im not sure, but the name match the one above

http://www.poliejido.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=92

Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by teeroy(m): 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2006
He played for Tamuno Babes in naija.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by vichel(m): 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2006
and he's 17? well lets hope he doesn't end up playing for spain like the other kid wants to do
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by nosa101(f): 4:03pm On Oct 27, 2006
LoverBwoy:

i saw this pic from their website

i can't read spanish so im not sure, but the name match the one above

http://www.poliejido.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=47&Itemid=92
It says he came from the "B" Team and he joined the team in 2005
Or something like that.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by teeroy(m): 8:35am On Oct 28, 2006
Our under20 coach should take note of this dude.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by mrkennyng: 9:19am On Oct 28, 2006
you better inform the N.F.A before he is taken over by spain
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by amodu(m): 11:31am On Oct 28, 2006
The earlier the better.
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by nosa101(f): 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2006
Nigerian starlet Sunny Sunday could be set for a January move with Deportivo la Coruna, Real Betis, Real Madrid and Liverpool all tracking the teenager.

Sunday has shone at Spanish Segunda Division side Polideportivo Ejido and is now being linked with a range of top clubs both in Spain and further abroad.

Deportivo seem to be in pole position to land the young midfielder having opened up dialogue with his current employers, according to Sunday's agent Juan Jose Melero.

"The first contacts have been initiated but it is still not closed," said Melero.

Sunday is expected to cost around €2 million (£1.3 million) and is also attracting the interest of both Real Betis and Liga titans Real Madrid after his impressive displays in the Spanish second tier.

Ejido look ready to sell despite holding the Nigerian in high regard, as the club are unwilling to stand in Sunday's way should the big clubs come calling.

"We are disappointed to receive the propositions but we do not want to cause the player problems in his professional progression," said a club spokesman.

Premiership outfit Liverpool are also reported to be following the teenager, and their interest could become concrete if Sunday is awarded a Spanish passport to bypass work permit regulations.

However, Rafa Benitez could be frustrated in any pursuit as the player says he is keen to make a name for himself in La Liga.

"For me to play in the Spanish Primera Division is a big dream," admitted Sunday.
What kind of name is Sunny Sunday?

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=426602&CPID=23&clid=180&lid=2&title=Sunny+outlook+for+starlet
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by bumbaby(f): 8:57pm On Nov 05, 2006
I wont even blame him if he agrees to play for spain atleast they would treat him better, I can remember in Nigeria they wanted me and 2 of my friends to play on the female junior team, i was only 15 then and my father refused now am playing correct soccer for my school in america. Its not like I wont want to play for Nigeria, its just that they dont know how to treat people right. And you cant blame these people for leaving the country. But he is a really good player sha
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by lalaboi(m): 11:41pm On Nov 05, 2006
@wat is dat ha name o

Tanku 4 opening ur file! Ehn! Evri1 nao knws u ar a futbola!
Re: Real Madrid Chasing Nigerian Kid! by bumbaby(f): 11:49pm On Nov 05, 2006
lol , at all men am not a football, Its just something i enjoy doing, and i am not planning on taking it to the next level, I just play for my school cuz i like it, i dont even get a scholarship for playing.

(1) (Reply)

The Euro 2012 Stars Who Could Have Played For African Countries / WIN29.COM Money Making System / Oshoala And Omeruo Again! Something Is Fishy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.