Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra (52853 Views)

History Of Tribal Wars Between Igbo And Yoruba In Nigeria Since 1946 (part One) / #soundoff: The Glaring Difference Between Stella Oduah And Babatunde Fashola / On South South And Biafra...a Rivers-man View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 3:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Per the bolded, most Nigerians have tendency to regurgitate craps without embarking on simple rudimentary research. I urge you to expose the meaning of the term -unitary as it applies to governance. During the Ironsi's era, there were regional system of government where regions still enjoy certain level of autonomous powers as under Tafawa Balewa. Such autonomous entity to the regions was destroyed by the idiotic state creation by Gowon when states did no longer enjoy the autonomous entity under the premier or even regional military administrators. Ojukwu's refusal to accept Gowon as head of state is such autonomous privilege enjoyed by the regions.

U are clearly confused. Ironsi introduced d unitary system where everything was merged and anyone could work anywhere because obviously igbos wanted to be everywhere since they were already trading everywhere (ecspecially in d north) but cld never be part of the other regions civil service.

Pls do not be confused by regionalism & statehood. They can both be federal or unitary. U can have federalism with both regions and wt states. All it means is each region or state has autonomy to decide its fate. Ironsi introduced the unitary system. We are still practising it, even though we are decieving ourselves dt we are federating states.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 3:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
janellemonae:

Lie. Why are u guys such incredible liars? Ironsi introduced the unitary government in Nigeria. It was preached by Azikiwe for years. Nzeogwu said he wanted a "strong centre". In fact Ojukwu cldnt wait and started posting igbos to lagos and other regions before d ink of ironsis pen could dry.

I have no time for an inveterate lying ninny. Simply because somebody goofed then it becomes okay for any joker to goof. Anyway, it is understandable among Nigerians because it shows on their dumbass country.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Pease do additional research or read more books you will certainly know who was the military administrator of your region during Ironsi era. If you have such a person as a military governor of your region, then you can make the call. Ironsi had no intention in staying in power more the time it required to stabilize the country and call for elections. He just simple appointed military administrators to the regions while leaving the roles of civilian governors, premiers and regional houses of assembly as advisory. Though there was supreme military council, the mechanics of federal government were still as usual at the center with the central legislature as mere advisory board. Human beings have instinct destructive tendencies in them especially when things are not going their way. The loud noises about alleged Irons’s introduction of unitary government came from those who had ulterior motives or have shameful skeleton in their cupboards.

This is why pple shldnt argue wt idiots. This simple niggur here is calling a "decree" and a change in the name of the country from "Federal republic" to "republic" as alleged. Accept d knowledge wt humility. Ironsi introduced it and it continued, even though it wasnt meant to. U igbos brought us into this mess. Why dont u accept that, and stop slithering around like a slimy snake - d north didnt introduce it, you did. Just like d north didnt introduce military coups, you did.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Awoofawo(m): 4:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Pease do additional research or read more books you will certainly know who was the military administrator of your region during Ironsi era. If you have such a person as a military governor of your region, then you can make the call. Ironsi had no intention in staying in power more the time it required to stabilize the country and call for elections. He just simple appointed military administrators to the regions while leaving the roles of civilian governors, premiers and regional houses of assembly as advisory. Though there was supreme military council, the mechanics of federal government were still as usual at the center with the central legislature as mere advisory board. Human beings have instinct destructive tendencies in them especially when things are not going their way. The loud noises about alleged Irons’s introduction of unitary government came from those who had ulterior motives or have shameful skeleton in their cupboards.
You are this low IQ not to understand how the military chain of Command System operate and how military regimes are run kai?! Ironsi as the C in C and head of the military council had the final say in most government policy formation and implementation. During military regime, the constitution were normally suspend for speedily running of state affair!

Ironsi as the head of govt. at the center is solely responsible for dictating the direction of the nation policy, and the decision of central council can't be overrule by that of region govt. in a military form of government! The only way out is through coup which Gowon did and succeed, if they had failed they would have die merciless in Ironsi hands!

Ponder this: Ironsi over confidence and other maladies typically of Igbo folks did him in! He was warned, but chosen to ignored all!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Per the bolded, it concluded you are clueless. Even the military rules with decrees, it does not loose sight of constitutional provisions. For the sake of posterity, Ojukwu did not order for the arrest of anybody in eastern region. It would be act of daftness to arrest people of the region at that particular time. The facts remains that Gowon, Yari.ba, Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri and rest of them from northern region hoodwinked the some gullible southerners to such idiotic fallacy of "One-Nigeria". The essence of the civil war simply indicated that Gowon was fishing in troubled waters when he foolishly abrogated regionalism in Nigeria replaced with unitary system in creation of states.
You think you're talking to a novice. Suspension of the Constitution is one of the first things, if not the first, military regimes do upon assuming office.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

You think you're talking to a novice. Suspension of the Constitution is one of the first things, if not the first, military regimes do upon assuming office.

If there is a forceful overthrow of the government through coup. Ironsi's ascendance to power did not arrive by his willingness to overthrow a government but invited to hold sway to power until the country is stabilized due to the attempts by junior officers to overthrow the government. Nigerians lack simple logic to every issue.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Awoofawo:
You are this low IQ not to understand how the military chain of Command System operate and how military regimes are run kai?! Ironsi as the C in C and head of the military council had the final say in most government policy formation and implementation. During military regime, the constitution were normally suspend for speedily running of state affair!

Ironsi as the head of govt. at the center is solely responsible for dictating the direction of the nation policy, and the decision of central council can't be overrule by that of region govt. in a military form of government! The only way out is through coup which Gowon did and succeed, if they had failed they would have die merciless in Ironsi hands!

Ponder this: Ironsi over confidence and other maladies typically of Igbo folks did him in! He was warned, but chosen to ignored all!

Per the bolded, Nigerians are noted for resorting to insult when they have absolute no knowledge of the issue in discussion. From the crap above, I can safely say you have never seen a parade ground in your freaking life. In addition, you wrote like a person with below average human intellect. Ironsi has a supreme military council and issues are debated among the members. Even the C-in-C does not have the final say if members object to his line of reasoning. You do not have intellectual pedigree to engage in this type of discussion.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Awoofawo(m): 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Per the bolded, Nigerians are noted for resorting to insult when they have absolute no knowledge of the issue in discussion. From the crap above, I can safely say you have never seen a parade ground in your freaking life. In addition, you wrote like a person with below average human intellect. Ironsi has a supreme military council and issues are debated among the members. Even the C-in-C does not have the final say if members object to his line of reasoning. You do not have intellectual pedigree to engage in this type of discussion.
I'm done with you! Good day! You don't seems sensible nor reasonable! Have a nice day! Go join the army and overrule your superior and let see what become of you, na that time you will understand the real meaning of obey before question! cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by krixEfe: 5:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
how many of youbelieve nigeria will disintegrate?.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by ishiamu(m): 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Your ignorance and greed stink. Our people are very smart we know what you lot(Biafra promoters are up to and we are equal to the task. At present we have over a million Boros, Wiwas and Ejoors.

I have said and will say it again, if the inclusion of the SS is a necessity for Biafra to be achieved then Biafra will never be achieved. You can quote kme anywhere

Nw who is greedy?

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by solash: 5:33pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sweetlemon:

Ndoki is NOT one of the Indegenous ethnic groups in Akwa-Ibom. They don't have recognized traditional ttitles and are not active in politics. Igbos in Alaba in Lagos are far more influential than the Ndokis in Akwa-Ibom.
Get that into your skull.
Hahaha!
Where did you get what you just posted from?

This proves you know little about Akwa Ibom State.
Make your research properly or better travel to Akwa Ibom as this will help clear your confusion.

3 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
solash:
Hahaha!
Where did you get what you just posted from?

This proves you know little about Akwa Ibom State.
Make your research properly or better travel to Akwa Ibom as this will help clear your confusion.

Land grabber oshi. Tell me more about my own state. Onye ara. Come and take land let us see na.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 5:46pm On Dec 29, 2015
Awoofawo:
I'm done with you! Good day! You don't seems sensible nor reasonable! Have a nice day! Go join the army and overrule your superior and let see what become of you, na that time you will understand the real meaning of obey before question! cool

You are talking to someone who have enjoyed the experience of army life of three countries including your idiotic Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

If there is a forceful overthrow of the government through coup. Ironsi's ascendance to power did not arrive by his willingness to overthrow a government but invited to hold sway to power until the country is stabilized due to the attempts by junior officers to overthrow the government. Nigerians lack simple logic to every issue.
Gull, shut up. Upon assuption of office, Ironsi promulgated the suspension and modification decree that put to an end the 1963 Constitution.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by calculator123(m): 5:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
the river niger is a natural boundary.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
janellemonae:

This is why pple shldnt argue wt idiots. This simple niggur here is calling a "decree" and a change in the name of the country from "Federal republic" to "republic" as alleged. Accept d knowledge wt humility. Ironsi introduced it and it continued, even though it wasnt meant to. U igbos brought us into this mess. Why dont u accept that, and stop slithering around like a slimy snake - d north didnt introduce it, you did. Just like d north didnt introduce military coups, you did.

Per the bolded, in fact, Nigeria has long way to go before it could see light of progress. Even name change such as federal republic to republic of Nigeria instantly meant unitary government. I do not think that there are countries more in federalism than countries such as USA, Canada etc yet the word - federal does not appear in their name.
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by nduchucks: 5:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

You are talking to someone who have enjoyed the experience of army life of three countries including your idiotic Nigeria.

I'm pretty sure you are likely one of the folks I commited to dark guard rooms (army jail) back in the day. Apparently you are still not sober.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 5:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Gull, shut up. Upon assuption of office, Ironsi promulgated the suspension and modification decree that put to an end the 1963 Constitution.

Mr Gull, what is the name of the promulgation?
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
So its only IGBO and BIAFRA Thread that can reach 10 pages these days....

Next time SEUN dont create rules that will remove food from your mouthgrin grin grin. grin grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

I'm pretty sure you are likely one of the folks I commited to dark guard rooms (army jail) back in the day. Apparently you are still not sober.

You cannot be looked upon for anything during my time.

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by nduchucks: 6:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
247notire:
Funny, I almost thought you were yoruba or hausa. This kind of ur useless one Nigeria ideology is what Azikwe had, whr did it leaf us? ................... By God's grace biafra will be...

wow. You mean to tell us that you have a supernatural ability to determine my place of origin by simply reading my opinion on an issue? Pray tell, am I Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, or Ijaw? smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Dedetwo(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

wow. You mean to tell us that you have a supernatural ability to determine my place of origin by simply reading my opinion on an issue? Pray tell, am I Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, or Ijaw? smh

Mixed identity!!! according to Oliver De Coque, it is funny-funny identity. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dedetwo:

Mr Gull, what is the name of the promulgation?
You should be ashamed of yourself. Suspension and Modification Decree was promulgated in July 1966 by Ironsi.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by 247notire(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

Do u understand sarcasm at all? How come u singled out just that part of my comment? obviously ur from a state in the SS, but if ur name is what u say it is, then u obviously do not know ur roots...
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by nduchucks: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
247notire:
obviously ur from a state in the SS , but if ur name is what u say it is, then u obviously do not know ur roots...

You did it again!! una no dey learn?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FisifunKododada: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2015
obyson:
this fellow
can go shear TO write whatever trash, that will never affect the reality of Biafra as a survreign state

cool Sovereign state? You have to secede first and form an independent government before you can be Sovereign.

Please stop exposing your ignorance Obinna.

4 Likes

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by 247notire(m): 6:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
nduchucks:

You did it again!! una no dey learn?
*yimu*
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by lordizak(m): 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
Afam4eva:
This one cannot even get an education as simple as it is.
How much of it do you have?
Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FisifunKododada: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Awoofawo:
Bro may your wisdom continue to grow! You hit all the nail in, in the right place! But unfortunate, expect serious missiles shelling from the ignorance folks here!

cool Thank you, jare. Eledumare will increase you too. No mind the olori pelebes. All mouth, no brain.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by FisifunKododada: 7:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
DropShot:

Apart from your logical and incontrovertible submissions, your moniker wows me. Bros, that's a hell of a name!

cool Thank you my guy.

Capt. Fisifun.

1 Like

Re: Glaring Difference Between Igbo And Biafra by Nobody: 7:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@OP you need to remove your mask. Ijaw and ALL ethnic nationalities in Rivers, Bayelsa, Cross river and Akwa Ibom are NOT and has never been Biafrans.

2. When Ojukwu declared is Biafra, he was Governor of Eastern state that exclude Rivers, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom and Cross river. Old Rivers and Old Cross river were already created by Gowon.

3. We(SS) fought against Biafra because it was Ojukwu and his majority Igbo backers project.

4. Biaffra is an Igbo agenda though I may agree that not all Igbos are pro-Biafrans, but majority are. #Fact

This is thrash....
So which people does philips effiong represent tben?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Halima Buhari Called To Bar (Photos) / Epic Photo OF Buhari Deep In Thoughts; Looking Out Through His Office Window / Moment Akpabio Got Excited While Performing His First Duty As Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.