Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,257 members, 7,807,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam - Education (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam (91941 Views)

Apply For 2018 AGIP Postgraduate Local And Overseas Scholarship / 2018 PTDF UK Scholarship: Check If You Have Been Shortlisted / 2017/2018 Ptdf Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by PhilJames: 8:04am On Apr 06, 2016
DMainMan:

They will probably accept it but u might be refused now that things as changed. Why not apply to other schools to be on the safer side.
Thank you bro , just that most of these school English Qualification is always high
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by DawnEden(m): 11:43am On Apr 06, 2016
DMainMan:

They will probably accept it but u might be refused now that things as changed. Why not apply to other schools to be on the safer side.
Hello, what do u mean by things have changed?
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by aamstih: 3:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
Dmain man

With this issue of rating, Hope sey UI, UNIBEN and FUTO no better pass those schools like Coventry, Salford, Teeside, Napier Edinburgh University, Robert Gordon etc

DMainMan:

Is this for NDDC scholarship?

If so try University of Salford, Coventry university and University of Derby. You should get admission within 3 days.

They also accept 2.2 applicants. If you have 2.1, University of Salford gives instant scholarship up to 4,000 pounds. And another 1,000 pounds because you are a Nigerian. So 5,000 pounds saved. But bear in mind the schools are cheap because they are lowly rated.

Except you are rich, u can apply to top schools but you will need to pay additional money because 30,000 dollars might not even be enough for your school fees talkless of living expenses and accommodation. So choose wisely.

But if PTDF, apply to only top schools as your school fees and other expenses will be paid irrespective of the amount. So maximize fully the opportunity.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by DMainMan: 4:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
aamstih:
Dmain man

With this issue of rating, Hope sey UI, UNIBEN and FUTO no better pass those schools like Coventry, Salford, Teeside, Napier Edinburgh University, Robert Gordon etc

They are far better.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Topkush: 6:33pm On Apr 07, 2016
DMainMan:
They are far better.
Which is better, going abroad or staying back for masters
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by DMainMan: 7:24pm On Apr 07, 2016
Topkush:

Abroad. I mean schools in Uk, Germany, Canada and US as you will be exposed to lots of practical. You will also acquire skills and knowledge presently needed in the industry to excel.

This is unlike most Nigeria schools who still uses 1990's syllabuses which are of no use in the industry. That is why most companies prefer foreign trained student because they don't want to waste their money on training in this hard time. I don't blame them.
-
But Nigeria education system is quite good than some European schools because most PTDF scholars if not all passed out with Merit and Distinction.

When I say PTDF scholars, I mean those who wrote the aptitude test and passed. There is another set of PTDF scholars through backdoors ( staff list and politicians) and NYSC award. They are the ones getting poor result spoiling Nigeria image.

But don't be scared. The aptitude test list is based on merit. No ojoro at all. Pray you are among the best in your state. It was best six to seven in oil producing state and best four in non producing state in my time.

1 Like

Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by misterkay(m): 9:31pm On Apr 07, 2016
DMainMan:

With BSc Geology, U can apply to University of Salford's MSc Petroleum and Gas Engineering and you can get admission within 3 days.

They also accept 2.2 applicants. If you have 2.1, University of Salford gives instant scholarship up to 4,000 pounds. And another 1,000 pounds because you are a Nigerian.

The school fees meets Nddc valuation
In applying to a foreign school for the NDDC scholarship, is the September/December 2016 Entry date acceptable? Thanks
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by DMainMan: 10:07pm On Apr 07, 2016
misterkay:

In applying to a foreign school for the NDDC scholarship, is the September/December 2016 Entry date acceptable? Thanks
I don't know. Y not apply now.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by catalanscrew(m): 8:31am On Apr 13, 2016
Please anyone among PhD applicants that received either email or sms regarding the interview?
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by barbiesparkz2(f): 12:30pm On Apr 13, 2016
catalanscrew:
Please anyone among PhD applicants that received either email or sms regarding the interview?

Got an SMS just now.
Chose Lagos as preferred venue but was given Abuja on 22nd April.

DMainMan, pls do you know if the interview venue can be changed?
Thanks.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by catalanscrew(m): 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

Got an SMS just now.

Thanks.
Just received same message too, mine is on 19th in Abuja
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Lateralmaths(m): 4:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

Got an SMS just now.

Thanks.
mine is Abj 18th
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by barbiesparkz2(f): 5:18pm On Apr 15, 2016
Lateralmaths:
mine is Abj 18th

It seems everyone is going to Abj.
But they stayed that they would not compensate for transportation.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Stone123(m): 7:58pm On Apr 15, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

Got an SMS just now.

Thanks.

Please dear were you initially shortlisted for either the exam or interview?
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Stone123(m): 8:12pm On Apr 15, 2016
catalanscrew:

Yes, please were you initially shortlisted? Please inbox me your contact.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by guiddoti: 9:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
Topkush:

haba even the least university in the uk is better the one you know in naija
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by catalanscrew(m): 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
Stone123:

Yes, please were you initially shortlisted? Please inbox me your contact.
Yes was initially shortlisted
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Stone123(m): 9:55pm On Apr 15, 2016
catalanscrew:

Yes was initially shortlisted

Ok, thank you.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by guiddoti: 10:09pm On Apr 15, 2016
DMainMan:
Wish everyone the best. Stay calm and don't lose focus.

Meanwhile, for those eligible:

APPLY FOR 2016 NDDC MSC AND PHD OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIP

http://study4free.com.ng/nddc-post-graduate-foreign-scholarship-program-2016-masters-ph-d/

FOR MSC, Come here:

http://forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=46

For PHD, come here:

http://forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=45

Deadline:

April 22nd, 2016.
correct! thanks man
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by TheSCRYPT: 10:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
guiddoti:
haba even the least university in the uk is better the one you know in naija

Excuse, but I totally disagree with you on this. Maybe your school isn't comparable to any UK school, mine stands on par with the best in Europe with it is concerned with the course I am studying.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by guiddoti: 10:23pm On Apr 15, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

Excuse, but I totally disagree with you on this. Maybe your school isn't comparable to any UK school, mine stands on par with the best in Europe with it is concerned with the course I am studying.
which school did you go? Those outdated style of teaching makes it better or approach of reseaching makes it best. is it copy n paste of our lecturers and students alike.
if yours stand out why pushing for foreign university when you can afford it your local hemisphere

2 Likes

Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by TheSCRYPT: 10:36pm On Apr 15, 2016
guiddoti:
which school did you go? Those outdated style of teaching makes it better or approach of reseaching makes it best. is it copy n paste of our lecturers and students alike.

I don't intend to mention names. My point here is, do not generalize. Not everyone went through the same system as you did, howbeit in Nigeria.

I am currently enrolled into a program here in Nigeria, and the program is not a copy and paste program, neither is it using any outdated syllabus. Do not always generalize stuff.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by guiddoti: 10:45pm On Apr 15, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

I don't intend to mention names. My point here is, do not generalize. Not everyone went through the same system as you did, howbeit in Nigeria.

I am currently enrolled into a program here in Nigeria, and the program is not a copy and paste program, neither is it using any outdated syllabus. Do not always generalize stuff.
am not generalizing, my point is based on the fact that we lack the tools to be better than the least. the world ranking can give more light to this mention
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2016
TheSCRYPT:

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!.......I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU...16/17 is on...we will not mention names...
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by barbiesparkz2(f): 11:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
Stone123:

Please dear were you initially shortlisted for either the exam or interview?

PhD is interview only. No exam.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by TheSCRYPT: 11:17pm On Apr 15, 2016
guiddoti:
am not generalizing, my point is based on the fact that we lack the tools to be better than the least. the world ranking can give more light to this mention

Alright.
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Lateralmaths(m): 4:32am On Apr 16, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

PhD is interview only. No exam.
Any idea on the nature of interview?
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by catalanscrew(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18, 2016
Lateralmaths:
Any idea on the nature of interview?
PhD guys share your experience @ da interview
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 20, 2016
One more question DMainMan and any other person's input will be appreciated
Can ptdf by chance accept MSc in chemical engineering?
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Ellacity: 7:55am On Apr 22, 2016
catalanscrew:

PhD guys share your experience @ da interview
Yes it's purely on your proposal and your methodology. And today is the last day for the interview
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by DMainMan: 1:06pm On Apr 25, 2016
kokaneprodigy:
One more question DMainMan and any other person's input will be appreciated
Can ptdf by chance accept MSc in chemical engineering?
They accepted previously but dont know of this time
Re: 2016 PTDF Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Are Shortlisted For Exam by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 25, 2016
DMainMan:

They accepted previously but dont know of this time
Alright thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24)

Salaudeen Waliu: Why I Beat Lecturer To Coma – UNILORIN Student / How Many Of These Primary 4 Questions Will You Be Able To Answer?(pics) / How Covenant University Students Sit For Exams (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.