Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss (8784 Views)

My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me / When Your Wife Is Taller Than You And You Need Support To Kiss Her (pic) / My Wife Wants To Buy The Following For The Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by PastorAji(m): 5:25am On Dec 29, 2015
Good morning and compliments of the season.

A friend of mine complained to me yesterday 'bout what he's passing thru and I was @ loss to give him advice.....
I noticed my wife lately that she wants to be bossy in the house. She always wants things to be done in her own way not minding whether it's convenient or not. I got really mad @ her yesterday night. Please what should I do?
P.S. I'm a salary earner while she's into business and what she earns in her business is 4-5 my salary every month

Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by JudgementHammer: 5:35am On Dec 29, 2015
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

How are u even sure she doesn't hav anoda man outside by now. I would hav said u shd meet her parents concerning this but if she's their breadwinner they may not be disciplined enough to chastise her. But all her friends and family can't have same mentality. Even if telling them doesn't change anything, its still ok u tell dem so that when u take ur actions, it won't look foolish. Of course u knw u can't tell most of ur family ppl else u will double d wahala. And if u say u want to discipline her urself as a man, when ppl hear that she earns 4-5times more than u, they'll take her side wch is embarassing.

So if u try those and e no work, my advice 4 u be say if u have children and u luv ur kids, let dem see/knw what's going on for a while if they can understand..this is very important especially 4 future sake. Then separate with her since seeing her disrespect u in ur home will hurt ur feelings but promise ur children to always be supportive to dem and keep d promise.

U will see after a long time when d kids are grown, she will then come back 2 her senses and say u shd take her back as if her senses evaporated into d air b4. But it might be too late sha.

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by TruthHurts1(m): 5:41am On Dec 29, 2015
Simply make your wife aware of the fact that just because she makes more money than you doesn't mean she has the right to undermine your status as the man of the house and head of the family.And if you can do it without involving outsiders, then all the better for you.

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 5:44am On Dec 29, 2015
You need to pray real hard for an increase, God answers prayers sir.
Detach yourself from your wife parmanently(not as if in malice).
Never allow her to replace your you by taking over your responsibillities(school fees, house rent, clothing of kids....)
Stay withrawn, smile often. Attend church services(with the kids).
Avoid arguements.
Please be determined to enjoy life.
The peace of God that surpasses human understanding shall not depart from your home.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by agarawu23(m): 5:48am On Dec 29, 2015
PastorAji:
Good morning and compliments of the season.

A friend of mine complained to me yesterday 'bout what he's passing thru and I was @ loss to give him advice.....
I noticed my wife lately that she wants to be bossy in the house. She always wants things to be done in her own way not minding whether it's convenient or not. I got really mad @ her yesterday night. Please what should I do?
P.S. I'm a salary earner while she's into business and what she earns in her business is 4-5 my salary every month

Cc. Lalasticla la
that's the problem with women tho some of them will come here and bite u but we can't be deceived ladies aren't the same.

Threaten her, let her know she is gradually preparing to go back to her parents if you can't be the boss in the house. Even if she earns billion monthly, you are still the head and you have the final say in the house.

Though some husband are dull sha, they will tolerate nonsense until it get out of control

6 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Fluidelvis(m): 5:55am On Dec 29, 2015
You just said it, being the higher earner btw you two has fanned the "bossy attitude" to its peak.
Most women act this way when they are in this position, but it is truly a humble, intelligent & complete woman who still knows her place and the place of her man/husband even if she earns more and leaves it that way.
Believe me when I say am not being chauvinistic, the man is built to lead and the woman compliments her man. There can't be two captains in a ship.
Ma advice is you have a heart 2 heart talk with her and make her see the bigger picture of your whole relationship, not just the money part because that's where the whole attitude issue is hinged on.. Goodluck!
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by EzePromoe: 5:56am On Dec 29, 2015
OP, you brought it on yourself. Your wife is self sufficient, she is the boss in her business but you are a servant in another man's business empire. Weird as it may sound, your wife has a justification for her bossy attitude until you be a man and learn to be in charge and control your destiny. Think enterprenuership!

6 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Donpizzle(m): 6:12am On Dec 29, 2015
turn her to a punch bag and beat out her EGO. smiley
if she die na for ur head oo.

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Miami11: 6:14am On Dec 29, 2015
Whats wrong with a woman controlling the house.
My husband lets me run the house the way I want and he makes more.

14 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 6:21am On Dec 29, 2015
Miami11:
Whats wrong with a woman controlling the house.
My husband lets me run the house the way I want and he makes more.
You are the controlling type, I pray other women control your brothers to the extend they won't remember your family members. You jump from thread to thread to type trash in support of women.
I am not saying it's wrong but say something meaningful about the topic of discussion before you type your trash

22 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Miami11: 6:34am On Dec 29, 2015
Oyind17:

You are the controlling type, I pray other women control your brothers to the extend they won't remember your family members. You jump from thread to thread to type trash in support of women.
I am not saying it's wrong but say something meaningful about the topic of discussion before you type your trash
So you gave up witch hunting your sister in-law, now you are hunting me busy body
Girlfriend, the moment you get your own husband and house your family will be forever peaceful.

You are a certified witch for sure. If you can witch hunt me here. I wonder what you will do to that your sister in law. Mad woman

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Burger01(m): 6:39am On Dec 29, 2015
Oyind17:

Hey! That was hash. The lady simply stated her husband allowed her free care of the house despite the husband making more...that's just what's obtainable in her house. Besides, I believe a woman should be given free hands to run the house, or do you mean you can get into the kitchen and make amala for the family!?... A woman controls the house irrespective of who's making more in wages.smiley

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by cococandy(f): 6:39am On Dec 29, 2015
OP can you give examples of some of the things your friend's wife does. So we can know if she's really bad or he's overreacting because of his insecurities.

9 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Miami11: 6:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Burger01:
Hey! That was hash. The lady simply stated her husband allowed her free care of the house despite the husband making more...that's just what's obtainable in her house. Besides, I believe a woman should be given free hands to run the house, or do you mean you can get into the kitchen and make amala for the family!?... A woman controls the house irrespective of who's making more in wages.smiley
Thank you ma'am, for checking her out, she is crazy

6 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Burger01(m): 6:44am On Dec 29, 2015
Miami11:

Thank you ma'am, for checking her out, she is crazy
I didn't even know it was a lady I quoted. Women self undecided

Btw, I'm a 'he' cheesy

7 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Miami11: 6:45am On Dec 29, 2015
Oyind17:

You don finish tear your brothers house apart(get a life gal)
Dearie I don't go poke nosing in my brothers house like you do,
My business is my house, my hubby, kids and nairaland.
Need I say more

15 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Miami11: 6:48am On Dec 29, 2015
Burger01:
I didn't even know it was a lady I quoted. Women are their own enemies. Women self undecided

She is a woman that we called out for storming her brothers house unannounced to look for problems, that
Explains her hostilities
Just go through yesterday's post you will find her.

14 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Burger01(m): 6:52am On Dec 29, 2015
agarawu23:
that's the problem with women tho some of them will come here and bite u but we can't be deceived ladies aren't the same.

Threaten her, let her know she is gradually preparing to go back to her parents if you can't be the boss in the house. Even if she earns billion monthly, you are still the head and you have the final say in the house.

Though some husband are dull sha, they will tolerate nonsense until it get out of control
Awww mahn! Being the boss of the house is quite different from your own understanding of 'boss of the house'. Women should be given free hands to run the house. Forget who's making what in salary, a woman will always be a woman...'boss of the house'. Abi you mean to tell me say na you dey prepare food for kitchen?.... That alone is being the 'boss' cheesy

14 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Burger01(m): 6:53am On Dec 29, 2015
Miami11:

She is a woman that we called out for storming her brothers house unannounced to look for problems, that
Explains her hostilities
Oh I see. I better steer clear of her wahala cheesy

12 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by ahnie: 6:57am On Dec 29, 2015
@oyin17 learn to respect ppl's opinion.they mustn't tailor their opinion to suit yours!abeg nor come my house unannounced o,before you go come nairaland come complain say,na for stainlez plates,i take dey serve my husband food#

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 29, 2015
Burger01:
OK

4 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 7:18am On Dec 29, 2015
ahnie:
@oyin17 learn to respect ppl's opinion.they mustn't tailor their opinion to suit yours!abeg nor come my house unannounced o,before you go come nairaland come complain say,na for stainlez plates,i take dey serve my husband food#
follow follow

7 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Burger01(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2015
Oyind17:

OK
See now, you are a good lady with good heart. smiley

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 29, 2015
Miami11:

Explains her hostilities
Lol, you don't know what you're saying. I dislike people that think they know it all like you. instead of you to say something about the topic of discussion, you typed what you are not doing in your home to feed your online ego.

Good morning madam at the top

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 29, 2015
Burger01:
See now, you are a good lady with good heart. smiley
Thanks dear

4 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by ahnie: 7:26am On Dec 29, 2015
Leave your brother's wife alone...and stop attackin ppl,simply put,oya go n marry.where z agarawu23 sef?let me apologize tu him,for cautioning him,when he was giving it tu you.ppl should really learn tu mind dia businesses.
Oyind17:

follow follow

12 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by eyinjuege: 7:26am On Dec 29, 2015
What does she do that makes her appear bossy?

The things she wants done that are not conveinent for you right now, what are they? When will they be convenient?

Life isn't that complicated, and oftentimes people disagree to agree.

Understand that your wife is an individual, who has her own thought process. You both don't have to think alike.

Have a round table discussion, listen to her reasons for wanting those things there and then, and listen objectively and be unbiased cos it seems you already feel its because she earns more.
Then tell her your own reasons why such can't happen yet. If its because of finances on your own part, and she says she'll drop money to do it, you shouldn't feel bad. Allow her, provided they are laudable things.

You are both supposed to help each other, so no big deal.

In this present economy, both man and wife have to put hands together to meet their basic daily needs else the man will just kaput or even run away when he gets overwhelmed.
Goodluck sha.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 7:30am On Dec 29, 2015
ahnie:
Leave your brother's wife alone...and stop attackin ppl,simply put,oya go n marry.where z agarawu23 sef?let me apologize tu him,for cautioning him,when he was giving it tu you.ppl should really learn her tu mind dia businesses.
what is your problem ahnie? I don't have time for you. move on

6 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by ahnie: 7:30am On Dec 29, 2015
@op pls sorry for derailin your thread,tel your friend tu sit his wife down and hav a discuss with her.everyman man has EGO,even a cripple does.the boths of them shud just learn how to iron things out.

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by agarawu23(m): 8:04am On Dec 29, 2015
Burger01:
Awww mahn! Being the boss of the house is quite different from your own understanding of 'boss of the house'. Women should be given free hands to run the house. Forget who's making what in salary, a woman will always be a woman...'boss of the house'. Abi you mean to tell me say na you dey prepare food for kitchen?.... That alone is being the 'boss' cheesy
oga na small small e dey start jare, small time na the man go dey wash her pant cheesy

Free hand like?
Make oga say yes make she say no (continuously?)
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by agarawu23(m): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2015
ahnie:
Leave your brother's wife alone...and stop attackin ppl,simply put,oya go n marry.where z agar awu23 sef?let me apologize tu him,for cautioning him,when he was giving it tu you.ppl should really learn tu mind dia businesses.
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2015
doctoradekokolo:
You need to pray real hard for an increase, God answers prayers sir.
Detach yourself from your wife parmanently(not as if in malice).
Never allow her to replace your you by taking over your responsibillities(school fees, house rent, clothing of kids....)
Stay withrawn, smile often. Attend church services(with the kids).
Avoid arguements.
Please be determined to enjoy life.
The peace of God that surpasses human understanding shall not depart from your home.
God bless you this coming year abundantly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Over Emphasis On The Girl Child. / Age Of Consent (to Have Sex) In Nigeria Is 11 Years (did You Know?) / Great Things About Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.