Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! (11346 Views)

We Need More Support From Igbos To Propagate Islam In South-east – Igbo Muslims / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 11:16am On Dec 29, 2015
Hello, everyone!

I hope you enjoyed your christimas celebrations. I have had a great year and I'm so inspired for this coming next year. The point of this thread is to get atheists to join in and discuss these issues.

1) WITH THIS LAST ELECTION, MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE QUESTIONING RELIGION- WHAT CAUSED IT?
During the fuel scarcity, one christian blasted another christian who wanted to go to church on sunday morning- "see this goat! You want to pray for fuel when we dont have fuel and Oando petrol station just opened this morning?" grin grin

2) WOULD YOU JOIN AN ATHEIST FORUM IF THERE WAS ONE JUST LIKE NAIRALAND BUT JUST FOR NIGERIAN ATHEISM?
We could use such forums to give advice to young atheists and also help each other. On reddit, an atheist got a job from atheism subreddit and it got me thinking how helpful an atheist forum could be. We could also advice Nigerian youths not to brandish their disbelief openly....

3) WHY ARE NAIRALAND MODS ALWAYS BIASED AND WHY DO THEY LOVE SENSELESS RELIGIOUS POSTS?
Post a sensible thread on the religion section and you will be ignored hard like a spare tyre on a good car. Post a thread about spiritual se.x or prophecies that will never happen and you will make the front page fast!

4) HOW ARE YOU GONNA AVOID CHURCH MARRIAGE IN NIGERIA, YOU DIRTY INFIDEL? grin
Smart atheist, explain how you are going to escape this one when it is time for you to get married? Do you really think it would be easy to find an atheist partner in nigeria? Do you think society does not expect a religious wedding?

johnydon22, plaetton, sonoflucifer, hahn and co....

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 29, 2015
Happy New Year Jackbizzle and NL

Let me address your new year's resolution ;-)

1. I don't think there is a specific cause to pinpoint for why one would question religion more nowadays. I think it is something of all times and natural part of the human search for meaning in life. Just that some times will fuel the search a bit more than other times... #thefuelisnotthefire

2. Not really. I don't believe in segregation of whatever sort. We should be capable to search for and discuss the truth and let our arguments count in any pluriform setting. An own forum sounds to me like a self-help-group, too in-crowded. I believe validation of the truth starts with exposing it to other arguments. #notraumahulpneeded

3. 120% agree. It's an absolute shame. I got blocked for posting a purely scientific topic. I guess it didnt get the X -factor.

4. You don't need to be an atheist to not believe in the Nigerian wedding. Everything that is not about love is a waist of my time, so are weddings. What the society expects never interested me and wont interest me in the future either. #lovedoesntasks4yourreligion #loveasks4yourheart

4 Likes

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

2) The forum is also to meet like minded people. Sometimes we dont need the distraction- there was a thread about atheists getting together to do something and then, one pompuous pomp called kingebukasblog came and started derailing the thread with his usual anti-atheist bile.

The forum could also be used for activism, meet-ups, atheist news, advice centre for atheist youth etc

Yeah, I get the point. But it just wont be my thing. Even though one can share similar interests on such a forum, finding like minded people, is like searching God. I have accepted a long way back that it is a mission impossible. Instead of atheistic activism I think the needs in this world call for another type of activism so I wanna devote my energy to that. I believe youth doesn't need advice, they need experience and they can only get that by fighting their own struggles and fights and getting to know their own self that way. Their whole life they have been bombed by advices from others (parents, school, society, etc). They got to get to the point they can advice themselves. You can only advice yourself when you know yourself. Who can better know you than you yourself? You only get to know yourself when you are put to the fire. If you are not willing to suffer for what you believe in, what you believe in is not worth it. Hooking up with people who confirm what you believe in/are interested in...gives the illusion of a warm bath...especially when the rest of your society is ridiculing what you think/believe..but it really wont offer anything that really shapes your personality...it somehow the same reason why some people go to church...to belong to something. To belong to yourself you must give up the wish to belong to something or someone. That is also where one can find the best answers in life...without distraction...

btw..the anti-atheist trolls/distractors here.. I find them often hilarious, they give me a good laugh, I wouldnt be able to invent such characters, what they type often makes me wonder..do these people really exist in real life. Life is often a comedy...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
Real quick, I would answer just 3 and 4 questions.
3- NL mods actually aren't biased against the truth, they are actually biased for business purpose, how? Majority of NLanders are either Christians and Muslims just few atheists so it's only business wise to support the masses just for more traffic from more people a particular post appeals to. If i was apart of the mods here, I would do same. It's business strategy even Ymodulus can testify to it lol

4- You can hardly get an atheist wife because of the culture and religion infested continent we in. LOVE is the greatest and most powerful force on earth but also the most under-utilized. A girl who loves you for you might also turn atheist since she's sure her man is exemplary and morally upright, you don't need force her because "people we love naturally learn things from us either through direct learning or observation" according to Sigmund Freud. Now, speaking of marriage, this isn't a bit of a problem because society isn't marrying its you and spouse marrying so who cares if you go to church for marriage or shrine. Personally, I already determine to fulfil traditional rites of marriage which after I proceed to the court to sign necessary papers, that's all. If she aint cool with that then we don't have anything in common. But if she does, then we have intelligence in common.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tufanja:

Yeah, I get the point. But it just wont be my thing. Even though one can share similar interests on such a forum, finding like minded people, is like searching God. I have accepted a long way back that it is a mission impossible. Instead of atheistic activism I think the needs in this world call for another type of activism so I wanna devote my energy to that. I believe youth doesn't need advice, they need experience and they can only get that by fighting their own struggles and fights and getting to know their own self that way. Their whole life they have been bombed by advices from others (parents, school, society, etc). They got to get to the point they can advice themselves. You can only advice yourself when you know yourself. Who can better know you than you yourself? You only get to know yourself when you are put to the fire. If you are not willing to suffer for what you believe in, what you believe in is not worth it. Hooking up with people who confirm what you believe in/are interested in...gives the illusion of a warm bath...especially when the rest of your society is ridiculing what you think/believe..but it really wont offer anything that really shapes your personality...it somehow the same reason why some people go to church...to belong to something. To belong to yourself you must give up the wish to belong to something or someone. That is also where one can find the best answers in life...without distraction...

btw..the anti-atheist trolls/distractors here.. I find them often hilarious, they give me a good laugh, I wouldnt be able to invent such characters, what they type often makes me wonder..do these people really exist in real life. Life is often a comedy...

straight up! She nailed it, Ma'am you the female version of me.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tufanja:

I get Ur point, I think we humans are social beings, we actually need to feel a sense of belongings, u cannot isolate urself forever. You would definitely seek out those with similarity to yourself.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Ikennablue(m): 2:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
How I wish you guys here can feel and experience this supreme love of Christ..
I was once like all of you, you know, the facts of science, the weirdness of religion, the ignorance and extremism of some professed christian until God revealed his love to me. Before you attack my post think deep, and just give me a good reason why it pays to be an atheist

2 Likes

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Ymodulus: 2:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
hahn:
Jackbizzle, are you athiest? There's already a whatsapp group created for nl freethinkers. Drop your number and I"l add you up
HAhahahah.
JackBizzle is a renowned Nairaland Atheist formerly known as LogicBoy.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Ymodulus: 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:
Hello, everyone!

I hope you enjoyed your christimas celebrations. I have had a great year and I'm so inspired for this coming next year. The point of this thread is to get atheists to join in and discuss these issues.
Lol @ Christmas. I was hoping there would be a celebration of satan's birth.

1) WITH THIS LAST ELECTION, MORE AND MORE PEOPLE ARE QUESTIONING RELIGION- WHAT CAUSED IT?
Exposure i believe is everything.
Perhaps we have a generation of people who actually challenge the things that their elders took as gospel? I remember how religion was taught with no room for question. At best "the Lord moves in mysterious ways" was the only answer one could expect to a question. We finally have a youth that questions the "authority" of religion and may even see it for what it truly is, a MANMADE creation to satisfy questions that man himself had no answer to. The Golden Rule is the only rule that matter in life. All the other diversions called religion are polarizing and misleading. "Do unto others...." is the only true guiding tenet

2) WOULD YOU JOIN AN ATHEIST FORUM IF THERE WAS ONE JUST LIKE NAIRALAND BUT JUST FOR NIGERIAN ATHEISM?
I see no need for it. we should try to grow in the midst of other forums. this shows our influence

3) WHY ARE NAIRALAND MODS ALWAYS BIASED AND WHY DO THEY LOVE SENSELESS RELIGIOUS POSTS?
Marketing strategy. Traffic pay the bills. Seun understands this well.

4) HOW ARE YOU GONNA AVOID CHURCH MARRIAGE IN NIGERIA, YOU DIRTY INFIDEL? grin
hahahaha for me though, i cant have a wedding in a church. That will be the last thing i do. It has to be a court wedding or no wedding.

Marriage itself, is over bloated!!!

cc: AAronson
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

Just do it like nairaland if you can. People are already used to the design.

I will send you a more comprehensive mail!!
cool.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 3:43pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tufanja:

Well, that is your opinion and its your choice. I support your decision. Some people like to keep their atheism/beliefs to themselves while some like to congregate and discuss.

Let me introduce you to reddit atheism https://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/

A forum where atheists mainly from the usa gather. Atheists have gotten advice, jobs, partners, friends etc from reddit/atheism.

Again, I support your choice but there are other atheists who think differently.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Dapo777:

I get Ur point, I think we humans are social beings, we actually need to feel a sense of belongings, u cannot isolate urself forever. You would definitely seek out those with similarity to yourself.

If I look around me ... I often wonder who did define humans as "social beings"... aint it a myth? Between social and selfish there is a world of difference, after all.

You say "We need a sense of belonging..." aint that exactly a rather selfish reason to stick together than a social one?

I do believe that we are beings that long to be unconditionally loved and known, inside out, understood and loved for who we really are, in all our good, bad and beautiful. At the same time we struggle with our own incapabilities to love others the way we deep down wish to be loved ourselves. We often cant trust our own capacity to really love, that's why we invent a lot of walls around ourselves in order to not be hurt by the imperfect love we expect of others. Those walls make it often impossible for others to at least give loving us a try. When they fail or dont try to fight our walls, we blame it on them instead of on our walls and on our own incapacity to really love, to start with ourselves. Instead we take refugee to belonging to something or someone, as a surrogate for our deep longing for real love. We take refugee to groups, ideas, lifestyles, all sort of dopes, Gods...it all brings us further away of ourselves...We got to pull down our walls, face ourselves...give up the love for our ego by starting to love our own overall package of self..our shortcoming, our needs, our greeds, our cuteness etc... We must be capable to admit to say" "I'm a vulnerable human being, my heart and soul needs you to love me, wants you to know me, wants to feel safe and never judged... and I need you to help me learning to love you the same way as I long for to be loved myself". We need to give one another that sort of mutual credit: the space and chance to grow in love, fall down and rise again.

It is more easy these days to belong to gatherings that feed the love for our ego's than to open ourselves to the challenge to grow really social... There aint no bigger isolation then hiding behind the walls of our ego's while pretending to belong ...
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ymodulus:

I see no need for it. we should try to grow in the midst of other forums. this shows our influence

You see no need for an atheist forum. Well, on the reddit atheist forum, atheists have gotten jobs (writing for atheist magazines or working for atheist bosses). Atheists have also met friends and partners on the atheist forum.

Also, you will never be treated well on many forums except you carve your own niche. The owner of this forum is an atheist, yet there is little to show for it.

However, we atheists think differently and I respect your choice.

Ymodulus:

hahahaha for me though, i cant have a wedding in a church. That will be the last thing i do. It has to be a court wedding or no wedding.

Marriage itself, is over bloated!!!

cc: AAronson

Society will pound conformity into you, especially the Nigerian society. Dey form stubborn atheist there.

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
aaronson:
Real quick, I would answer just 3 and 4 questions.
3- NL mods actually aren't biased against the truth, they are actually biased for business purpose, how? Majority of NLanders are either Christians and Muslims just few atheists so it's only business wise to support the masses just for more traffic from more people a particular post appeals to. If i was apart of the mods here, I would do same. It's business strategy even Ymodulus can testify to it lol

4- You can hardly get an atheist wife because of the culture and religion infested continent we in. LOVE is the greatest and most powerful force on earth but also the most under-utilized. A girl who loves you for you might also turn atheist since she's sure her man is exemplary and morally upright, you don't need force her because "people we love naturally learn things from us either through direct learning or observation" according to Sigmund Freud. Now, speaking of marriage, this isn't a bit of a problem because society isn't marrying its you and spouse marrying so who cares if you go to church for marriage or shrine. Personally, I already determine to fulfil traditional rites of marriage which after I proceed to the court to sign necessary papers, that's all. If she aint cool with that then we don't have anything in common. But if she does, then we have intelligence in common.

number 4 grin grin

4) You are a man and so, it is easier for you to convince your wife without fear.

A female atheist has her male relatives and husband to contend with. Can you imagine a Nigerian wife telling her christian husband to be that she is an atheist? grin grin grin That day, all the relatives will pour curses on the "Jezebel wife"

I might do church marriage to satisfy family and friends. Honestly, I prefer court but Nigeria is a crazy country grin grin grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
hahn:
Jackbizzle, are you athiest? There's already a whatsapp group created for nl freethinkers. Drop your number and I"l add you up

I was the johnnydon22 of this religion section until 2014. cool

grin grin
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by ifenes(m): 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tufanja:

true
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by JackBizzle: 5:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
ifenes:

true

Someone said that the youth don't need advice and you compliment him by saying "true"?

lol
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
Tufanja:

If I look around me ... I often wonder who did define humans as "social beings"... aint it a myth? Between social and selfish there is a world of difference, after all.

You say "We need a sense of belonging..." aint that exactly a rather selfish reason to stick together than a social one?

I do believe that we are beings that long to be unconditionally loved and known, inside out, understood and loved for who we really are, in all our good, bad and beautiful. At the same time we struggle with our own incapabilities to love others the way we deep down wish to be loved ourselves. We often cant trust our own capacity to really love, that's why we invent a lot of walls around ourselves in order to not be hurt by the imperfect love we expect of others. Those walls make it often impossible for others to at least give loving us a try. When they fail or dont try to fight our walls, we blame it on them instead of on our walls and on our own incapacity to really love, to start with ourselves. Instead we take refugee to belonging to something or someone, as a surrogate for our deep longing for real love. We take refugee to groups, ideas, lifestyles, all sort of dopes, Gods...it all brings us further away of ourselves...We got to pull down our walls, face ourselves...give up the love for our ego by starting to love our own overall package of self..our shortcoming, our needs, our greeds, our cuteness etc... We must be capable to admit to say" "I'm a vulnerable human being, my heart and soul needs you to love me, wants you to know me, wants to feel safe and never judged... and I need you to help me learning to love you the same way as I long for to be loved myself". We need to give one another that sort of mutual credit: the space and chance to grow in love, fall down and rise again.

It is more easy these days to belong to gatherings that feed the love for our ego's than to open ourselves to the challenge to grow really social... There aint no bigger isolation then hiding behind the walls of our ego's while pretending to belong ...

Ok ma. That's good. Duly noted.
Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

2) The forum is also to meet like minded people. Sometimes we dont need the distraction- there was a thread about atheists getting together to do something and then, one pompuous pomp called kingebukasblog came and started derailing the thread with his usual anti-atheist bile.

The forum could also be used for activism, meet-ups, atheist news, advice centre for atheist youth etc

grin grin grin

Well every Nairaland atheist I know derail our topics - edifying , meant for knowledgeable christians who are of sound mind and intellect . So its fun when you guys have a taste of your own medicine cool

[size=14pt]DEAL WITH IT [/size]

1 Like

Re: Atheists, We Need To Discuss These Important Topics!! NOW!! by KingEbukaNaija: 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
JackBizzle:

I was the johnnydon22 of this religion section until 2014. cool

grin grin

Lol . I ransacked Nairaland's religion section and NEVER EVER saw a JackBizzle more like JackFIZZLED grin . Maybe you weren't just as good you thought you were lipsrsealed wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Fallacies Of Pastor Enoch Adeboye / Fornication or Homosexuality, Which is a Greater Sin? / Do You Support God's Decision Of Sending 2 Bears To Maul 42 Kids To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.