Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,382 members, 7,781,082 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:32 AM

Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. (43392 Views)

Corper: "HND Holders Burn Your Useless Certificates & Start Selling Tomatoes" / The Problem Of Getting Transcripts From Nigerian Universities By Ann Meje / 2016/2017 Lasu Admission Process Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by emmydollars4life(m): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
I am a graduate of federal University of technology Owerri (Futo) unfortunately on 26 day of December I was traveling to a cousin sister trad. On the way I received a call that my house is on fire, that the fire is so intense That nothing was rescued from the house, I lost 12 important certificates including Nysc, degree, waec, safety certificates etc even the clothes and other valuable got burnt I am so confused right now, I will need your help, if u have pass through this process or u have seen anybody that have pass through the process.
Please move this to Front page lalasticlal.a

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by braine(m): 1:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
Awww. Sorry bro. This is quite unfortunate. This same thing happened to a neighbor during the Ojuelegba fire in Lagos. I'm not sure you can get them back. You can only do an affidavit and get reference from your schools and departments as most schools and institutions don't issue certificates twice. I hope you have scanned or soft copies of the documents saved online tho. cry

Take heart.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by kizolo(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2015
Damn! This is some fvcked up shii. So sorry bro.

I think u can actually retrieve them though it will cost you, so just evaluate their processes and their respective distance from ur abode, then start from the one u consider easiest to the hardest, go to the institution or person involved and know how to go about it.

And don't forget to go with these pictures to buy u more helping hands emotionally.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Fynestboi: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
sad damn it...
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
no way
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Jaycules: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
Your village people don finally get you.... Sorry Bro

36 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
You can retrieve all your certificates back . . . .Just that the processing
is a tough one.

Sorry Bro

5 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by elderstan(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
Somebody help me and xplain to me the mening of SALINE SLUTION and how to make it. Ur help will be dully apreciated

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by HDee(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oh dear! Sorry bro! Its gon' be a great deal of work. You will start by visiting every institution and organization you got the certificates from, they have duplicates for situations like dis. Sorry for the loss..

2 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Decapo: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
Eeyah sorry bro...
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Kreamie(m): 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
Im so sorry bro..Do the needful as soon as possible starting with a sworn affidavit for each and every lost doc..Take heart man

1 Like

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Mopolchi: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2015
eh ya sorry op!
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by BTT(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015

May God restore you.

Ile oba tojona, ewa lo bukun

8 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Lighthouseman: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
With soft copies, do an affidavit. You should have ur documents online

3 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by gameboy727(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sorry for the accident bro.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by thefakestan: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Pele no hope for u just do Nmadi Sambo and you'll be fine.

ThefakeStan
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Ok

- any backup (soft copies on dropbox, harddisk or flash or in your parents bedroom)
- in event you don't have any of those, just write to your department (1st degree), write to WAEC, write to NYSC
- worst is a certified true copy of each of those documents.
- be ready to attach court affidavit to support each request. No need to attach those pixs embarassed
- approach your bank to replace your debit card
- approach your local government to assist in rebuilding your edifice.
- who is the governor of the state?

26 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by blazetitov: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Na wa oo

1 Like

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Codeblues(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
This is very unfortunate. I hope you do have scanned copies of these documents? This is a lesson for everyone to always scan their certificates.

8 Likes

Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Kx: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Someone once mentioned that NYSC do not re-issue lost/misplaced/burnt certificates, dont know how true that is though.

Perhaps we all need some affordable but highly durable fire proof safe at home to keep certificates whether our choice safe place is in the city or villa.
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by tyson99(m): 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
ok
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Are u a rigger ? and do you work for huawei ?
Re: Burnt Certificates, I Need Advice On The Process Of Getting It Back. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sorry o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ashley Ezeiyi, GOU Student Dies Months After Winning School Crown / 17 Things Covenant University Folks Can Easily Relate With (photos) / Our Boys Woo All With Benz On Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.