Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates (32594 Views)

10 Nigerian Jobs That May Turn Female Employees To Runs Girls / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Can Decrease Your Life Span (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by wristbangle: 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
The dream of every graduate is to secure a good job and live a financial stable life, but unemployment and circumstances have made many graduates to settle for low profile jobs

These low profile jobs makes life unbearable for graduates which comes with poor salary package, terrible working condition and other derogatory factors.

So quickly let's discuss on the categories of jobs that can frustrate the life of Nigeria Graduates;

1. GNLD

The problem with this company is not the product quality but the marketing strategies they adopt in selling their products. It's an insult to tell a graduate to merchandise drug products under intense sun where customers can actually walk in to a friendly atmosphere pharmacy store. Graduates working with them never cease to complain about their ridiculous staff welfare and poor career growth.

2. Insurance Marketing

Frankly speaking and general summarising, many Nigerians don't believe in insurance policy and that is the first frustration insurance marketers experience from customers. Immediately you introduce this idea to them, they will frustrate your life with curse meanwhile an insurance marketer salary is on commission basis.

3. Bank Marketing

I pity employees working in a bank especially contract staffs who work as marketers. Banks give ridiculous targets to them such as opening several accounts in a month with huge deposit knowing fully well that there is economic recession. Such employees come home at night looking tired, frustrated and wearisome and most time, broke.

4. Real Estate Marketing

The real estate sector is not booming like before and as a result of this, they advertise marketing vacancies every now and then to recruit for graduates. Apart from the fact that a graduate earn peanut in a month, it's so difficult to get buyers to purchase a house when people can hardly afford 2 square meal in a day.

5. Teaching

It's a big show of shame on our government to pay people who actually mould the career future of tomorrow's leaders' meagre salary. How can N18,000 cater for a grown up man with responsibilities? This is one the reasons why the standard of our educational sector keeps dwindling.

6. Telecom customer care

The insult a customer care rep receives from Nigerians daily, is enough to make him/her become a psychiatric patient. When credit is deducted from a customer's account, he/she calls the customer care line to abuse, ridicule and hurl insults at the agent that picks the call.

7. NEPA

When people sight a NEPA/PHCN worker, the next thing that comes to their mind is to beat the hell out of that person. Employees working with electricity regulatory bodies always complain about management of irate customers and distribution of bills.

8. Asian coys

Hardly will you see an employee who gives a positive remark about working with an Asian company like the Indians and others. Most employees working with them complain bitterly about the long working hours, small salary and constant threats to sack them.

Lalasticlala

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by tosyne2much(m): 6:13pm On Dec 29, 2015
9. Nairaland Moderators

This is a very delicate job that can frustrate the life of Nigerian graduates. When people violate nairaland rules and are being sent to jail, they will seek an herbalist and will pay him to help cast a spell on Lalasticlala, Mynd44 and Ishilove for sending them to jail

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by 20bc(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
My oga op, I totally disagree with some of the point you mentioned above like Teaching, telecom customer care and Asian countries...

Nobody forced them to work there, if they can't cope with the stress they should quit.....

Nepa men in my area kings oh, na so people day greet and thank them anyhow because light too much when them day give us....

Modified= before you crucify me, please click on page 2 on this thread to see ma reason why I said so....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by vicostyles(m): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Maybe
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by owolabi3699(m): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
I dey observe
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Abduletudaye(m): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Why is 90% marketing? undecided

Anyway, its not a lie. I am currently experiencing this and na Salary dey hold me...although small but na to manage cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by VickyRotex(f): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Different strokes for different folks.

Some people enjoy it, while some endure it.
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Sunnycliff(m): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
Na gnld scare me pass, na to form overnight health practitioner

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by wristbangle: 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
20bc:
My oga op, I totally disagree with some of the point you mentioned above like Teaching, telecom customer care and Asian countries...

Nobody forced them to work there, if they can't cope with the stress they should quit.....

Nepa men in my area kings oh, na so people day greet and thank them anyhow because light too much when them day give us....

Bros if you ask people working in these companies, they will tell you how frustrating it is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by tartar9(m): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2015
well securing a job ain't my dream sad

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by JingoOAU(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
I hate GNLD and Insurance marketing with passion

Cnt GNLD be sold and bought in pharmaceutical companies instead of graduates hawking them

11 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Megatone(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
True Talk @ #6..... its one of d worst jobs ever. I wont advice any fresh graduate to start up with it. Its a time killer, it reduces your life span because long hours with ear fones has negative effects on ur ears. Dat job is more suitable for those that just finished secondary school or part time. Its not just worth it. Very frustrating!!!!!

Talking from experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by chrisbaby24(m): 6:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
Op..u forgot Security men job
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by coolhamid(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
9.Tricycle Operators
Due to high rate of unemployment in the country, many Nigerian graduates have been forced into riding tricycle. A survey carried out by an independent researcher shows that many of the tricycle Operators are really enjoying the job due to amount of money they take home each day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
GNLD is a known scam, but I wonder why our youths refuse to use their brains properly when it comes to This company.

I have tried to convince some of these boys and girls that GNLD is a big scam, but they always think I am trying to kill their dreams etc.

The GNLD or whatever they are called have laid down script that they use to brain wash our youths into working aimlessly without getting anything out of it.

This company should be checked or closed down if possible.

I repeat, GNLD is a scam...... See Proof Here>>>www.intensetalk.com

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by PAnaceA7(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Anything marketing is frustrating....not my thing,never will it be

4 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by smasher1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
If all this jobs are bad, then that means there is no good job except civil service.
Not true.
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by donktrax(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Lwkm. I had a friend who was with GNLD and the dude just ditched them one day without reason. Even my friend as a teacher they would always withhold his salary when they suspect that he is trying to get something better. I just termed that slavery on suit and tie. Smh. Ngige min.of labour this is for you to fix.
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by martyns303(m): 6:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
Mostly those Asian companies. I remember going to get something from one their company at Ikeja, the supervisor just came out from no where and was yelling at this sales girl like she's filth. The guy was just calling her all sort of names. Felt so pity for the girl, why would anyone work under such harsh conditions I don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
The list is incomplete without Nairabet and Bet9ja grin

7 Likes

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by ERONX(m): 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
I pity those into Marketing embarassed
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by babyfaceafrica: 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
Annoying
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Desdola(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
working in an ASian company can be so frustrating
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Ultimus: 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Only in Nigeria. This country has failed itself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Nimblemind(m): 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Very true!

1 Like

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by chrisgush: 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
Never permanent, it forms part of the stories that make the testimony.
It's but for a while for as many that are experiencing such.
God will surely make new ways

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by moscobabs(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
h
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by cnwokike(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
This is an eye opener

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by ADULTBASE(m): 6:31pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nice one click my signature
Re: 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates by Craigston: 6:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
The point about NEPA/PHCN is very true. Even on Christmas day one of them almost lost his teeth.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Army Recruitment Through SSC And DSS / Proud Mother And Her Three Uniformed Sons (Photo) / Private Schools Do Not Pay Teachers During Holidays

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.