Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,835 members, 7,798,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Pampers Vs Napkin - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pampers Vs Napkin (6064 Views)

Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) / Today's Woman Will Neither Use Her Mouth To Clean Her Baby's Nose Nor Use Napkin / Househelp Cleans Her Vagina With Napkin, Then Wipes Her Boss' Dishes With It:Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by InformedLola(f): 2:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
Onegai:

I'm sure they sell them in Nigeria but you can easily get them off Amazon. They're super cute, I have a whole stash of them and when they're dirty, I toss them into a wetbag until wash-day. No smells, no wahala, we use an organic diaper rash cream (you can either mix one easily or use plain coconut oil) and anyone who tells you they're unhygenic is being ignorant as they actually help better for rashes.

I love this. Please what brand is the best from your experience? Would like to order some from Amazon.
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Onegai(f): 5:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
InformedLola:

I love this. Please what brand is the best from your experience? Would like to order some from Amazon.

Get Grovia AIO, BumGenius, Alvababy, Flip. Flip is a 2 step system of cover and insert and you can reuse the cover all day till it gets pooped on. Just get their stay-dry inserts and some organic nighttime inserts and you're good to go. To use the nighttime insert the old school nappy way, get this fastener called a Snappi (either buy from Amazon or go to Shoprite at the Palms), clip the insert around the baby and wrap the cover around it. This way, no leaks unless diaper is full, which has happened 6 times in 8 months (we get leaks daily with our imported Huggies grin). I've put some pics of the Snappi, Grovia AIO diaper in green pattern, stay dry insert inside the diaper cover (lime colour) and organic nighttime insert beside it and how it goes on baby. HTH.

Cherrymum, I didn't buy mine here but I'm pretty sure they sell them in Nigeria (I'm sure the sellers will locate you very soon sef).

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by InformedLola(f): 6:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
Onegai:

Get Grovia AIO, BumGenius, Alvababy, Flip. Flip is a 2 step system of cover and insert and you can reuse the cover all day till it gets pooped on. Just get their stay-dry inserts and some organic nighttime inserts and you're good to go. To use the nighttime insert the old school nappy way, get this fastener called a Snappi (either buy from Amazon or go to Shoprite at the Palms), clip the insert around the baby and wrap the cover around it. This way, no leaks unless diaper is full, which has happened 6 times in 8 months (we get leaks daily with our imported Huggies grin). I've put some pics of the Snappi, Grovia AIO diaper in green pattern, stay dry insert inside the diaper cover (lime colour) and organic nighttime insert beside it and how it goes on baby. HTH.

Cherrymum, I didn't buy mine here but I'm pretty sure they sell them in Nigeria (I'm sure the sellers will locate you very soon sef).

Thanks a bunch
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by goldmine(f): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
Onegai:

awesome sauce! Are you in Lagos? what brands did you get?

Mowe. I first 'accidentally' stumbled upon the rumparooz brand sold online in Nigeria-www.clothdiaper.ng. Also available on Amazon. Well I feared they were too pricey as I was working with a budget. So I took a chance and bought a few from Ali express-Jino baby brand. Then got Naturally Natures 5-layer charcoal bamboo inserts from Amazon-the one with gusset. Jino baby pocket diaper was surprisingly very good so I bought more.

I buy liners from PEP stores. Really wish I could make mine. Not sure where I can buy the right material for liners though. Please do you have any idea?

Prior to stumbling upon it,i had never heard of these awesome modern cloth diapers.
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by goldmine(f): 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
cherrymum:
onegai and goldmine. I'm ur sis from pregnancy thread. pls i love this cloth diaper. i'm super interested. the disposable one is eating deep into my finances. Pls how can i buy these ones, pls help a very very very desperate sis. pls any contact in lagos where i can buy it. i will dress up and go there now. pls help me.

www.clothdiaper.ng for purchase of the rumparooz brand in Nigeria. They've got everything you need from the diaper covers to inserts and liners. Beautiful variety of designs too. Rumparooz is also available on Jumia or Konga or both can't remember which one. The website also has video of how to use the diapers. I got a cheaper brand from Ali express though.
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 13, 2016
@onegai thanks so much for this info. I am going to be a FTM and I have been contemplating this route but I haven't gotten as much details as I need to know. I want to buy from the local market in dubai quite cheap compare to buying here and brand is AIO,a friend might likely help me bring them to 9ja. My confusion is these.

Do I have to buy the insert with the cloth diaper?
Can the Cloth diaper be useful without an insert?
Is the insert washable and can it be reused?
I see bamboo /charcoal insert, I also saw insert with 2layers and 4layers

This might be a one time purchase from there, so I wouldn't want to make any mistake. Kindly help me with details. Thank you
I am trying to upload the picture she sent, to no avail

1 Like

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Onegai(f): 7:38am On Feb 14, 2016
goldenruby:
@onegai thanks so much for this info. I am going to be a FTM and I have been contemplating this route but I haven't gotten as much details as I need to know. I want to buy from the local market in dubai quite cheap compare to buying here and brand is AIO,a friend might likely help me bring them to 9ja. My confusion is these.

Do I have to buy the insert with the cloth diaper?
Can the Cloth diaper be useful without an insert?
Is the insert washable and can it be reused?
I see bamboo /charcoal insert, I also saw insert with 2layers and 4layers

This might be a one time purchase from there, so I wouldn't want to make any mistake. Kindly help me with details. Thank you
I am trying to upload the picture she sent, to no avail

c.c Cherrymum

The clothe diaper (most likely a pocket diaper) cannot be used without an insert. The diaper is made of a waterproof outer and absorber fabric inner.

If you are buying an AIO (all-in-one) then it comes exactly like a disposable diaper, everything complete. If you are buying a pocket diaper, it comes with the absorbent part, you put it inside (a pocket diaper WILL NEVER be sold without the absorbent part, because "smart" Nigerians will soon selling them like that to double their profits.). The only time an insert is sold separately is if you're buying a more absorbent insert.

Every part of the diaper is washable and reuseable. AIO is like a disposable, once it's dirty you have to wash the entire diaper. Same thing with pockets. Hybrid diapers (AI2), I simply remove the wet insert and put in a fresh one and reuse the cover until Baby E poops in it. Then I change everything. But all types of modern cloth diapers are washable.

charcoal bamboo insert is fine, but the charcoal part being antibacterial or whatever is bunkum bunkum (fake science) and I have a science degree and le Hubbs has a very advanced science degree. But the bamboo is one of the most absorbent fabrics out there (fact) and I use mine as a prefold (old school style). So buy a 4-layer grey bamboo insert.

Go on YouTube, all answers are there.

The reason I don't buy in Nigeria is their lack of good customer service: I asked questions and I was spoken to rudely or given glib answers and didn't know their product well ("yes! the diaper is magical! just buy it, just bring your money! "wink. I took my money to people who were polite, use the product, took the time to get on the phone and explain to me, gave me a product warranty and even sent me free gifts for making a purchase (free brand new diaper and free full-size organic teething gel) and a handwritten thank-you note (as if my purchase was the best they've had all year, meanwhile the 2 sellers were the biggest retailers of diapers in the U.S.). It is my money, I want to spend it and feel good. I worked for it. Nigerians act like they're doing you a favour selling you stuff, which is why I rarely like buying stuff here (well I appreciate Ebeano Supermarket staff, those girls are usually polite and smiling).

3 Likes

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Onegai(f): 7:52am On Feb 14, 2016
goldmine:

Mowe. I first 'accidentally' stumbled upon the rumparooz brand sold online in Nigeria-www.clothdiaper.ng. Also available on Amazon. Well I feared they were too pricey as I was working with a budget. So I took a chance and bought a few from Ali express-Jino baby brand. Then got Naturally Natures 5-layer charcoal bamboo inserts from Amazon-the one with gusset. Jino baby pocket diaper was surprisingly very good so I bought more.

I buy liners from PEP stores. Really wish I could make mine. Not sure where I can buy the right material for liners though. Please do you have any idea?

Prior to stumbling upon it,i had never heard of these awesome modern cloth diapers.

Liners are fleece fabric for reusable and they sell disposable liners at Mothercare store. I will check Pep next time I see one, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by asoasiko: 5:49pm On Feb 15, 2016
- Do you want to always keep your baby's bum dry and rash free?
- Do you want to save money with each diaper change while ensuring your baby is comfortable and trendy?
- Are you tired of embarassing blowouts that leave your baby's cute outfit and yours plastered in poo publicly?
Then the new TenderPlus Reusable baby cloth diaper is for you.
The TenderPlus Reusable Babay Diaper is designed with multiple layers of super thirsty fibers topped with a layer of soft microfleece for quick and high absorbency to keep your baby's bum dry for a very long time.
Carefully designed with certified high quality fibers that guarantee your baby's comfort and you also do not need to worry about diaper rash caused by chemicals.
The size adjustable TenderPlus Diaper cover,that grows with your baby from mini,midi to maxi, can be re -used several times before washing by changing only the "snap-in soaker" when it is wet,saving you money and laundry stress.
The flushable/washable diaper liner makes your clean up super easy,simply drop soiled liner in the water closet and flush, reducing the amount of money your dispose with baby waste to barely 25 Naira and that is when it is absolutely necessary to dispose liner with baby poop unlike disposable diapers that you have to dispose after each use.
We have got you covered with our leak proof design that prevents blowouts,thus you can step out confidently with your baby with no fear of stain/mess in public.
The carefully chosen vibrant colours on the diaper covers will bring harmonious feeling and scientifically proven stimulations to your baby's brain.
TenderPlus Reusable Baby Cloth Diaper is available in different colours and designs you can combine with a cute T-shirt or outfit for a cool and trendy look that will attract people's attention any time T !
The superior quality TenderPlus Reusable Baby Cloth Diaper is guaranteed not only to give you value for money,but to maintain its colors after several wash.
Packed with this diaper is free 25 Pieces of Flushable/Washable Diaper Liners.
• One Size Fits Mini, Midi and Maxi Diaper size.
• No added chemicals, keeps diaper rash away.
• Super Absorbent.
• Leak Proof design.
• Certified All Natural Fibers.
• Very Easy To Use.
• Machine Washable and Quick Drying.
• Superior Quality ,maintains colour after several wash.

visit www.clothdiaper.ng to order!

1 Like

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
Good afternoon house, Good Bless you mama onegai, mama goldmine and everyone who contributed to this thread. I appreciate your positive input on here. I have finally gotten some piece off aliexpress as my friend wasn't able to get me some upon her arrival.

I got AI2 Jinobaby (NO insert) and another brand for less(NO insert too). Then I got charcoal inserts from another seller.
I must commend, Jinobaby is great!!! The other brand looks quite cheap but cool too (shipping was fast) and the insert was also Great!!

I have decided to invest a little more only on jinobaby with/without inserts).

I was reluctant at first, as to what dh, my mum or anyone would say (I just want everyone to see what I am seeing) but alas dh supported my ministry by getting me a washing machine!! kiss God bless you papi. My mum was super excited and even commended the old nappies revamped into cloth diapers. I am happy!!

I am looking at getting about 15 pieces before my LO's arrival, God help me.

Pardon my long story, Thank you mamas kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Onegai(f): 3:27pm On Mar 12, 2016
goldenruby:
Good afternoon house, Good Bless you mama onegai, mama goldmine and everyone who contributed to this thread. I appreciate your positive input on here. I have finally gotten some piece off aliexpress as my friend wasn't able to get me some upon her arrival.

I got AI2 Jinobaby (NO insert) and another brand for less(NO insert too). Then I got charcoal inserts from another seller.
I must commend, Jinobaby is great!!! The other brand looks quite cheap but cool too (shipping was fast) and the insert was also Great!!

I was reluctant at first, as to what dh, my mum or anyone would say (I just want everyone to see what I am seeing) but alas dh supported my ministry by getting me a washing machine!! kiss God bless you papi. My mum was super excited and even commended the old nappies revamped into cloth diapers. I am happy!!

I'm happy for you. I'm really grateful for my cloth diapers, They saved me a lot. If your 15 work well, try and go for about 28. That's a good number.

2 Likes

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by NoQualms1(f): 11:24pm On Mar 12, 2016
@goldenruby, please how do you buy from aliexpress? I'll like to buy the reusable diapers too. Thanks
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by goldmine(f): 1:43am On Mar 13, 2016
goldenruby:

Way to go Mama! wink Trust me, you won't regret your decision. Infact, you'll find yourself clamoring for more grin.
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Onegai(f): 8:10am On Mar 13, 2016
Goldmine this Jinobaby look so nice. Please how do I order off Aliexpress?
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by AlphaHandMaiden(f): 11:28am On Mar 22, 2016
As i posted on another similar thread... see response below:

Different solutions for different people. Each with its own pros and cons. 
For me its fluff all the way! 

Reusable / cloth nappies may be pricey at the onset but work out cheaper at the long run ( 2-3 years of diapering per child)
cloth nappies come in various styles these days and can be accomodated in a wide range of budgets. (so its not only for less financially fortunate people as some of the posts on this thread seem to suggest)

As for nappy rash - as long as you change frequently enough and allow baby's bum some airtime in between changes it is really not an issue. The same goes for disposables. 

In my opinion, disposables may encourage laziness on the part of mums because of their absorbancy, we mums tend to leave it on for way longer than is neccesary . I have seen babies with disposables almost reaching their knees as they are so full..... please why should a child be in a wet nappy cloth or disposable for 12 hours? (Imagine if you as an adult had to use incontinence pants or adult diapers as some people call them- will you sit in the same soiled one for 12 hrs?) Some people also leave it on longer than necessary due to the cost as well, so they dont change the nappies as often as they need to. 

For new mums getting the hang of caring for a newborn, it may not be the wisest thing to start with clothnappies, as you can get a bit overwelmed. Also i found that at that age the one size cloth diapers dont fit too great. However i wasnt going to waste monwy on newborn sized cloth nappies as they would be outgrown so quickly. 

I used only disposables for the first month and then switched to cloth nappies. Lil' Alphababy is 4 months now and although we still use some disposables, its mainly because i got so much of it as gifts when she was born. 

If you have a washing machine, washing is quite easy. 
If you are worried about the poo, there are liners(both flushable and reusable) that help with that. Also bear in mind that except for the odd bout of runny tummy, you only deal with poo once or twice a day. And believe me i have had way less poo leaks with cloth than with disposables...... ( especially those annoying explosive breastfed types that get half way up their backs and you have to change and wash EVERYTHING.... baby included)

For convinience disposables are great, and you may want to use them if out of the house, however i have used both on outings and there really is no difference if you are using the all-in-one types with velcro fastening. 

However if you dont have a good changing space when out and about and need to balance baby precariously on some ledge while trying to stop him or her from rolling about and smearing bright yellow poo everywhere..... then disposables are kinda easier. 

But as i said at the start of this my epistle..... different solutions for different people.

1 Like

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by NoQualms1(f): 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2016
goldmine:

Please, how did you pay on Aliexpress? I've been trying to purchase some stuffs there but could not pay with my first bank debit card. After they send the OTP and I input it, I always get an error message. Please advise.
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by goldmine(f): 4:02am On Apr 18, 2016
NoQualms1:

Please, how did you pay on Aliexpress? I've been trying to purchase some stuffs there but could not pay with my first bank debit card. After they send the OTP and I input it, I always get an error message. Please advise.

What is the error message?
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by goldmine(f): 5:08am On Apr 18, 2016
Onegai:
Goldmine this Jinobaby look so nice. Please how do I order off Aliexpress?

So sorry I didn't get to see this much earlier. I've not visited NL in a while. Did you eventually succeed in ordering off Ali express? It's kind of similar to buying from Amazon. After you visit www.aliexpress.com, you can enter the name of the item(s) you want in the search column and select from the available ones to add to your cart then at the point of trying to check out, you would be required to register. Alternatively, just register from the onset and begin to add things to your cart. I pay with a naira debit card though I observed that the exchange rate via Aliexpress is higher than that of Amazon by a significant margin. And unlike Amazon, Ali express did not notify of the exchange rate that was to be used before I was debited.

For every item you are interested in pls don't forget to check out the reviews/feedback. Avoid products that either have no reviews,reviews in language you don't understand or reviews with only star ratings and no comment. Also check the seller's percentage of positive feedback. The higher, the more reliable and better chances that you would be refunded should something go wrong with your order which is rare.

So many of their products are available for free shipping to Nigeria. I observed though that for those that do not ship free, you would be required to pay the shipping cost per item regardless of the number of products you are buying from a particular seller. If for example you see cloth diaper for $10 each and the shipping cost indicated is $5 even if you purchase 20 diapers from that seller, you would be required to pay $5 shipping fee for each of the diapers, that's a total cost of $100 on shipping alone. So I mostly stick to free shipping items.

Free shipping is of course limited to items shipped via China post registered mail which would be received via the post office closest to your address in Nigeria. Express delivery via dhl and co are far more expensive of course. I get my items with 2wks of paying. The post office calls to notify me that my order has arrived and I go to pick the package which would be released upon presentation of a valid ID card and a fee of N500. I know a few people who claim to have received their aliexpress orders at home. I have never been fortunate to be in that category. Mine just go to the post office nearest to me and they give me a call when it gets there. Now,it wasn't in all cases that I was called. It would best to track your order and the moment you notice it has arrived Nigeria, give 2 or 3 days(in case there's delay at the customs end) then go to the nearest post office with your tracking number and ID. Once it enters Naija you can't track anymore as in see details of movement within Nigeria beyond the customs end at the airport.

Most sellers indicate a delivery time frame of 15-60 days(for shipping via the China post o). A resolution period(not sure if that's what it is called) is given to you after payment usually 30 days or so. If after 29 days of paying you haven't received your items,you must go back to your order details and extend the period if you still wish to wait for your order, otherwise open dispute on that page and request for a refund. You would definitely be refunded. If you fail to open dispute before the time elapses, forget about your money cos by then,it would have been paid to the seller from the escrow account to which your money was transferred to after you were debited. Sellers don't get paid until you confirm that you have received your order.

Also don't forget to go back to confirm that you have received your order so that the seller can be paid.

I got my Jino baby diapers of this seller http://m.aliexpress.com/store/storeHome.htm?storeNo=521050&tracelog=store2mobilestore
Shipping was fast. Please and please don't bother with the inserts there. They're as good as using handkerchiefs for inserts grin. Got just a few to try out and eventually ended up using them as burp cloths. The naturally natures with gussets I got off Amazon are serving me well and i've never had leaks.

Hope my long explanation helps.

2 Likes

Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by Onegai(f): 7:40am On Apr 18, 2016
Goldmine, thanks for that detailed explanation. I've used Amazon several times but never with a Nigerian debit card (it's linked to my foreign cards). I'll try a few things from Aliexpress, hope I don't get my fingers burnt.
Re: Pampers Vs Napkin by goldmine(f): 12:37pm On Apr 18, 2016
Onegai:
Goldmine, thanks for that detailed explanation. I've used Amazon several times but never with a Nigerian debit card (it's linked to my foreign cards). I'll try a few things from Aliexpress, hope I don't get my fingers burnt.

Hopefully, you won't. Just avoid items that have no sales or feedback and stick to sellers with high rating. All the best!

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Baby Items To Buy / Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have? / Re:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.