Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? (10359 Views)

How To Get Rid Of Dark Armpits / Pls WAT Good Cream Can I Use To Lighten My Skin / Natural Ways To Lighten Your Skin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by Nikky23: 4:20am On Jun 12, 2009
Why are armpits even so dark in the first place and solutions to lighten it. Suggestions pls
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by Sissy3(f): 6:07am On Jun 12, 2009
i think shaving the area contributes to it. so try waxing it cox waxing removes the hair from the root. make sure to exfoliate the area at least once a week. with a product that have lactic acid this removes the dead skin buildup in that area which darkens it.
it is also caused in some ppl by hyper-pigmentation if it's really that dark and quite noticeable from your complexion you can get a dermatologist to prescribe a hydroquinone cream.
also i heard that rubbing a lemon on it after cleaning it lightens it, dnt knw how true/false this is. some claim that lemon contains a natural lightening agent. some also say that some deodorant does make them armpit dark, so you could try switching brands just to experiment which one works.

finally sometimes dark armpit and dark necks are cause by a medical condition called Acanthosis nigricans but it's sometimes noticeable in obsess ppl

1 Like

Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by oyinda3(f): 6:14am On Jun 12, 2009
Stop using deodorants and antiperspirants that contain irritating ingredients. According to Dr.Audrey Kunin of Dermadoctor, fragrances, and harsh ingredients in commercial antiperspirants lead to inflammation of the sensitive underarm skin that eventually shows up as underarm discoloration.

Use a gentle deodorant or antiperspirant with a built in brightener. Anti-perspirants that contain aluminum zirconium tetra chlorohydrex glycine as the main ingredient are reported to be gentle and less irritating. Look for a deodorant that is also unscented and has gentle botanical brightening ingredients such as licorice, kojic dipalmitate rather than harsh bleaching agents to lighten underarm discoloration.

Shaving causes irritation due to friction and results in underarm discoloration. Switching to waxing underarm hair, or using laser hair reduction treatments for a more permanent solution can reduce irritation and help alleviate the problem.
http://www.ehow.com/how_5023304_reduce-underarm-discoloration.html

use google to find special deodorants and antiperspirants that lighten your underarm.
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by Nikky23: 6:28am On Jun 12, 2009
Thanks peoples kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by oyinda3(f): 6:31am On Jun 12, 2009
lol you're so sweet
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by Nikky23: 8:19am On Jun 12, 2009
kiss kiss kiss
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by yjay(f): 10:38am On Jun 12, 2009
i agree with both sissy & oyinda, shaving to some extent contributes to dark underarm, i have read a lot of articles that say waxing is the best alternative to hair removal though slightly painful!!! Retin A, 20% urea, AHA & Salicylic acid products to lighten them depending on where you are & if you are able get the products, I personally used to 've this problem but after reading a lot of articles & solutions i came up with mine, i use the veet shaving cream with aloe vera to shave, a day b4 i use olive oil on my underarm(at nite)just to get the place moisturized nothing more then the following nite i use the shaving cream then exfoliate with a scrub that contains AHA then use a moisturizer(a lil). You will also need a lightening cream to bleach that area if ure not getting the kind of results you want and use a cream containing glucosamine or niacinamide to maintain results. Olay quench is an example of a product that contains enough niacinamide to deliver results! i shave only at nite so i dont need to use a deodorant afterwards, so far its been working very well for me and im pleased with the results. cheesy
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2013
T
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by Quads: 9:38pm On Apr 01, 2013
koyes: The problem I'm facing is not with dark armpits,its those unaattractive shave rash. I want to know the exact product to use to get rid of them.its not like I shave all the time and I need my body spray otherwise,I will stink.

I used to too till I stopped shaving with sticks. Use hair removers and moisturize like crazy after. In my case I use a mixture of jojoba, evoo, and castor oils (essentailly the same oils I use on my hair). And again do not use deodorant each time you shave, i doubt if a day without it will make you stink.
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by tabansiou: 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2013
Pls were can I wax in lagos and pls hw much
Re: How Can One Lighten Dark Armpits? by splendor00(f): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2016
i have very dark under arms and i sweat alot. tried all these things you mentioned but its still the same. i cant even apply any moisturiser because i'll stink all day and i cant go a day without deodorizing.

(1) (Reply)

Lightening your Skin With Herbal Soap And Get A Glowing Skin Tone. / African Wedding Hairstyles | 2023 Wedding Hairstyles For Black Women / Where Do You Buy Your Clothes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.