Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (67604 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by DOD1: 10:20am On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
The OP's observation is a pathetic one. This can only happen among black people. But he still made a remark I feel he should correct. He asked if they don't read their bible or chose to be gullible. Is it not the same bible that started the whole shit of a benevolent vengeful god? A god who choses whom to bless. A god who choses who will die in an accident and who will survive. A god who made an adulterer and murderer like David a man after his heart. A god the Israelites claim gives them permission to commit genocide. That's what the pastors and terrorists are harping on. Don't blame them. Someone in the person of Moses started the lies. When we throw away religion, we'll begin to reap the fruits of this universe made by the Almighty God.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Bobnotrouble: 10:20am On Jan 10, 2016
They're capitalising on the gullibility of members, thereby turning them to be subservient lickspittles and milkcows.
1st deceit is when they claimed to be Men of GOD while the members were mere Children of GOD or Sinners.
Be wise.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by akinrin: 10:20am On Jan 10, 2016
Jehovah's witnesses contribute generously from their hearts, not to any pastor but according to what they have and the needs of the congregation. To know more about them, please visit www.jw.org

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by OutOnBail(m): 10:21am On Jan 10, 2016
Here's the best response to questions bothering on religion by 2 pac. This is an excerpt from a lost interview he did back in 96. Read below

What religion are you?
I’m the religion that to me is the realest religion there is. I believe in God, I try to pray to God every night unless I pass out. To me, religion… my idea of religion is this. I think that… I learned this in jail, I talked to every god there was in jail. I think that if you take one of the “O’s” out of “good,” it’s “God.” If you add a “D” to “evil,” it’s “Devil.” I think some cool mothafucka sat down a long time ago and said, “Let’s figure out a way that we can control mothafuckas.” And that’s what they came up with, it’s the Bible. ‘Cause if God wrote the Bible, I’m sure there would’ve been a revised copy by now, you know what I mean? Because a lot of shit has changed, and I’ve been looking for this revised copy, and I don’t see it. I still see that same old copy that they’ve had from then.
And I’m not disrespecting anybody’s religion—please forgive me if it comes off like that—I’m just stating my opinion. I feel like we get crucified. I mean, the Bible is telling us all these people did this; because they suffered this much, that’s what makes them special. I got shot five times—one, two, three, four, five. You know what I mean? And I got crucified to the media, you know what I mean? And I walked through with the thorns on, and I had shit thrown on me, and I had the “thief” at the top. I told that nigga, “I’ll be back for you,” you know what I mean? Trust me, this is not supposed to be going down, I’ll be back. So, I’m not saying I’m Jesus, but we go through that type of thing everyday. We don’t part the Red Sea, but we walk through the hood without getting shot, you know what I mean? We don’t turn water into wine, but we turn mothafuckin’ dope heads and dope fiends into productive citizens of society, you know what I mean? We turn words into money, you know what I mean? What greater gift can there be?
So I believe God blesses us. I believe God blesses those that hustle, those that use their mind and those that overall are righteous. I believe that your karma, everything that you do bad, comes back to you. So anything that I’m doing that’s bad, I’m gonna have to suffer for, but I feel in my heart, what I’m doing is right, you know what I mean, so I feel like I’m going to heaven, you know what I mean? And I think heaven is just when you sleep, you sleep with a good conscience. You don’t have nightmares. Hell is when you sleep, the last thing you see is all the bleeped up things that you did in your life, and you see it over and over again. ‘Cause you don’t burn, ‘cause if that’s the case, it’s hell on earth ‘cause bullets burn, you know what I mean? There’s people that got burnt in fires. That means they went to hell already? You know what I mean? All that is here. So what do you got there that we ain’t seen there? What, you gonna walk around aimlessly? Zombie? Ni.gga, that’s here, you ain’t been on the streets lately? You know what I mean? But heaven is now. Look, we sitting up here, big screen, this heaven—for the moment. Hell is jail, I’ve seen that one.
Trust me, this is what’s real. And all that other shit is to control you. If the churches took half the money that they was making and gave it back to the community, we’d be alright. If they take half of the buildings that they use to praise God and gave it to mothafuckas who need God, we’d be alright. We’d be alright! Have you seen some of these goddamn churches lately? There’s one that take up the whole block in New York. There’s homeless people out here, why ain’t God letting them stay there? Why these n.iggas got gold ceilings and shit? Why God need gold ceilings to talk to me? Why do God need colored windows to talk to me? Why God can’t come where I’m at, where he sent me? If God wanted to talk to me in the pretty spot like that, why the hell he sent me here then, you know what I mean? That makes ghetto kids not believe in God. Why? So that’s the wrong religion. I believe in God, I believe God puts us wherever we want to be at, then it makes sense that God would put us in the ghetto. That means He wants us to work hard to get up out of here. That means He’s testing us even more. That makes sense. It makes sense that if you’re good in your heart, then you’re closer to God. But if you’re evil, you’re closer to the devil. That makes sense, I see that everyday. All that other spooky shit don’t make sense.
And I don’t even believe—I’m not dissing them—but I don’t believe in the brothas I was in jail with and having conversations with. “I’m god, I’m god.” If you god, then open the gate for me. You know how far the sun is and how far the moon is. How the hell do I pop this fucking gate? And get me free up out of here? Then I’ll be a Five-Percenter for life. But, I’ve never seen it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by kaziblake(f): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2016
I'm even tired of going to church,that was how my pastor told us that we must provide #150k for his car engine.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by lezz(m): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.
The combination of poverty and illiteracy is the most potent force any false pastor needs to enlave his followers.

Africa, especially Nigeria has the most ignorantly religious who expect miracles without work.

After politicians and GSM operators, I believe churches rake in the biggest revenue without even employing people. Church ushers, sweepers , etc get peanuts, if any, while some pastors run the church as a family business.

Their wives soon earn the title as "Mama", or " mommy" and is revered as the next-in-command without any or much spiritual gifts or endowment. Their son is being prepped up to succeed the father as head pastor. His only qualification is of course being the pastor's son. The business must remain within the family.

You have individuals with dynamic personalities as pastors just because they are charismatic in nature, they sway the crowd especially foolish women with peanut-sized brains. These are people who should have been marketers in banks, or sales persons in big firms or PRO in a large organisation, but why opt for the long and tedious path when you have millions of gullible and spiritually blind folks waiting to be ripped off and become your spiritual slave?

7 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by iliyande(m): 10:23am On Jan 10, 2016
mrDennis:

do u believe in the existence of "gods" like sango, amadioha etc? do u believe native doctors , mami water , witches , wizards exist? do u believe charms work? if u believe any of the above exist but you do not believe GOD does then you need help.

and if you do not believe any of them exist then abeg pm me so we head to a shrine and you challenge the babalawo to a duel.

my only grouse with most churches request for money ... in my mum's church they would say e.g those who want to give God N5,000. should come out ..(they will pray for them and after taking their names and contact) call another set who Wants to give God 10,000 and so on.

suddenly people give not for giving but to show-off, compete with others , avoid shame for standing up for small money like 1-4k. etc . while those who can't give at all don't bother going to church until they have money to sow seeds and make vows .

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Don't mind them. I bet you he will not follow you.

There's one God
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by fippycbk(m): 10:24am On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
This is the reason why I said people are so gullible. You can stand there and watch your people perish for lack of knowledge, but I won't do the same. This same Bible also says, Judge but, judge righteous judgement. These pastors only quote "Thou Shall Not Judge" to keep you gullible.

You better wake up and stop telling people that 'Thou Shall Not Judge' crap.

The matter tire me. Even when it's glaring that a pastor has done something wrong which you tried to condemn, some gullible ones will bring up that passage. How about the part of the bible that says "be careful, many will come in my name". What happened to that verse bikonu?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Fourwinds: 10:25am On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?
so a pastor can not collect a single offering in church rather it brown evelop., white evelop., blue evelop. red evelop., and purple evelop abi.

so what is d use of fund raising ceremony dat can be organise to raise fund.

I think u are one of d guillibles in todays church
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Ifelofemi: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=lilmax post=41466900]How do we build a church without money? [/quote

....And who do we build for? God does not dwell in houses build with human hands, we are the church of God.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

It doesn't stop the propagation of God's message which the church does. Keep your money in your pocket and continue complaining. Are you not seeing how those who contribute for the progress of the church are succeeding? God, in whose name they GIVE always multiplies their streams of income. Pocket yours and watch them keep rising.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by freemanbubble: 10:26am On Jan 10, 2016
religion is a scam
jesus and muhammad are common prophet of God. but their two are overated! christianity and islam is over-rated

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Kennitrust(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
The OP's observation is a pathetic one. This can only happen among black people. But he still made a remark I feel he should correct. He asked if they don't read their bible or chose to be gullible. Is it not the same bible that started the whole shit of a benevolent vengeful god? A god who choses whom to bless. A god who choses who will die in an accident and who will survive. A god who made an adulterer and murderer like David a man after his heart. A god the Israelites claim gives them permission to commit genocide. That's what the pastors and terrorists are harping on. Don't blame them. Someone in the person of Moses started the lies. When we throw away religion, we'll begin to reap the fruits of this universe made by the Almighty God.
at least , u believed there's an Almighty God!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by joephemzyz(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

Pastors dress na im dey clean pass, but e hard for hin members to buy cloth...this has been a known fact for many thousand years...#fela

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Kennitrust(m): 10:31am On Jan 10, 2016
[b][/b]God knows better
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by amnesty7: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?
There are always more foolish buyers than foolish sellers. Always.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ValentineMary(m): 10:34am On Jan 10, 2016
The OP write up just goes to show the folly of religion and faith. Christians believe anything and everything in the bible.

Let us look at this example. Imagine u ask a christian what he thinks of Maria Gomez a 25 year old woman who tried to kill her husband because she said God sent her and was later caught by the neighbors, they would say God can't send her on such an awful mission. Also ask them what they think of Nonso Okafor a 35 year old man who tried to kill his daughter because he said God sent him to do so, they would say God is ever loving and can't do so. But ask them of Abraham who tried to kill his son because God sent him and they would reply that Abraham was a man of faith.

Wake up and see that religion/faith has got u locked up in a box and only reasoning can release you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 10, 2016
This is the major reason I don't attend church. Is there any church that doesn't collect offering? Hmmmmmm.

End time churches.

Pastors keep getting richer n d congregation become poorer.

Is there any verse in d bible that said Jesus had many things ...including fleet of cars n houses..

.church is now a source of income.....

Pple even go for training to speak in tongues.

I pity some pple.

Yet those men of God cant make establishments that the poor will so much benefit from.. Every Sunday they tell you d lord is good b collect the liltle you v on you all in d name of God blessing you....

All this new church generation Pastors are end time cooperate beggers.. Quote me wrong with bible backings . or don't quote at all to avoid kicking ya a**** this morning.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by realglob(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2016
Religiou enterprise everywhere. Sell salvation but don't pay tax.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ojnnaco(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2016
Its so Pitiable that majority of todays Churches are solely for business other than for divine purposes which its meant for .. And its also more pathetic than Women are the ones that majorly fall prey to this barbaric acts of these FAKE PASTORS

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oluwaahmed: 10:35am On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Look am not saying the pastor is right....i meant we should just mind our business....the case is for God. All we can do is to wisen up so that these fake pastors wont exploit us

Wat do u mean by mind ur own biz? Is d church nt part of d society? Is d pastor & members of his church nt part of d country? Can his actions nt affect d lives of nigerians in his church? Pls stop all dis let God judge Dnt we have sense. Evrytin on earth is subject 2 constituted authority. Na dis kain mentality dey make pastors & religious leaders infallible. U cannot tuk or questn ur pastors but u can shout & abuse d govt? Church pple ehn...
Mind u am a xtain

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 10, 2016
Most women in my church are just there for fashion, best dressed, trimmed and sharp. Me sef don upgrade. My spirit left my church 2 yrs ago, am now an oh yes member.
Imagine asking each member to pay 20k for a day out with daddy G.O, meanwhile we have familes who lives in batcher housse and are struggling.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by MicKaro: 10:38am On Jan 10, 2016
I've always said it b4,Nigerians prefer givin money to church than investin,tomorrow they will lament that govt is not workin.How can someone who hasn't paid rent,don't have enough food,don't have kids school fees donate 50,000 naira to a church,if he uses that money to invest,his dividend will be bigger than the so called reward from a non existent God.BTW its not a black problem,if you doubt me go to central America and see scammers or pastoral thieves scamming people.In all,the root cause is POVERTY.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by plaetton: 10:40am On Jan 10, 2016
Freciprocal:

You are a child for using an offensive word
undecided

What she said is not out of place... my question is what do u doin this kind of situation which the OP stated?

My rebuke was also not out of place.
Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Nigerian Churchianity is a scam,.. Every single one of them.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,. Only you can free yourself"

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 10:41am On Jan 10, 2016
These things won't change unless people stop seeing pastors as supernatural beings and have believe that if they pray on their own their prayers will be answered.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 10, 2016
Thatz why some greedy pastors in Nigeria have private jets....The worst part of it is that,some of them even have 3 private jet

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 10, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
Get sense 2016

God bless you.. We share same mindset.

Every yr same prophetic declarations Buh no change. Some Pple needs to wake up

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by abbeyty(m): 10:45am On Jan 10, 2016
And the same people who are happy to donate their hard earned money to their already rich pastor can't give a kobo to a charity.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by glossy6(f): 10:46am On Jan 10, 2016
ArcGibson:
There is so much poverty in the Land and the Churches are not really helping the situation of the people, they will even make sure they collect the last card on you by tormenting you with hell fire and even further hardship if you don't drop the last card.

To avoid problems, leave your purse and wallets at home. grin
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by martinlooter(m): 10:48am On Jan 10, 2016
Brethren
All these things na wash, I keep saying it, no pastor can make me give more than I have bargained to give. How can I be hungry and a pastor keeps telling me he doesn't wear the same suit twice.
I no fit be mumu again for these Pastors. Afterall, even armed robbers, thieves and politicians dey hama without believing in God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by F22RAPTOR(m): 10:50am On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Dont judge so you wont be judged. Leave it fnr God to handle
Don't be naive. using matt 7vs1 is being manipulative. In fact, it has become the trump card played to justify any and every lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 10, 2016
Here, here is God in the form of ordinary men, warning gullible Christians of their impending doom.

On that day they wont have any excuse! God is wise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emmanuel Folorunso Abina Is Dead! Pastor Elijah Abina's Son Dies (Photo) / Nails Linked To Crucifixion Of Jesus Found With Ancient Bone Embedded Inside(Pix / Woman Speaks Up Against Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.