Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,016 members, 7,806,972 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (67622 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by tosinjay(m): 3:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
Study better

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ikukuhero: 3:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:
[size=16pt]Religion is fake.

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

When was Jesus Christ born ??
Was there any camera during his existence ??

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

Fucck out of here with that bullshit[/size]

Receive sense in Jesus' name. From this moment onward, you shall no longer be known as Addicted2Women, but you and generations after you shall be called Addicted2God. Amen! Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by proxillin(m): 3:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Dont judge so you wont be judged. Leave it fnr God to handle
Shut up.

I hate people like this.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ruthmaris(f): 4:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
They are all business centres. That's I love Jehovah's Witnesses,u don't c such thingh happening there,all donations nd offerings are all voluntary.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Ifebazz(m): 4:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Why not leave Jonathan, Buhari, Abacha, and those many boys that jilted you for God to judge too?
It is people like you they're trying to save from gullibility, but no, e nor go gree.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Eziachi: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Next time you saw a child crossing a dangerous road, don't say anything because you don't want to judge. Telling someone the truth isn't judging but you have the same audacity to talk about politicians with you judging them.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by hotnsexy4christ(f): 4:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
What is your business, with people giving to God or to the servant of God, why others were busy praying and receiving from God u were busy monitoring those giving and those that are not giving.ok continue your monitoring job. When angel will pass you by, your eyes will clear.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Godmother(f): 4:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
ollah1:

You should be ashamed of yourself with the utter crap you wrote. You need brain cleansing

At least I have a brain that needs to be cleansed. In your case, you need a brain produced asap
Don't quote me again until you have a brain and can connect your words to it.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by fedex01: 4:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Christianity is a fake religion exploiting poor Africans. It came to Africa through European white colonization.

We should go towards our own traditional religion which was Islam.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by stevedre: 4:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
sounds like the op edited the lyrics Fela Kuti song title Suffering and smiling but at the same time i have experienced worse, even the host pastor had to take the mic to caution the guest pastor that they do not do things like that in this branch. may be na fund raising to build more branches un-necessarily and i ask, why will a church have 2 or 3 branches in the same area when one branch can handle the worshipers in all branches.

Incorruptible:
I can challenge You op that u dint attend any church.
Al these were coined out from what u have heard in order to defame Christianity.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by bjcole(m): 4:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Church offering is never forced nor compelled, I have never seen a church where they put gun on anybody head to pay offering or tithe. If you are in church and you are not comfortable with the money demand, you can choose not to drop yours or better still leave the church, nobody is forced to attend any church.
There are acceptable money in the bible (offerings, tithe etc), if you have the word of God in you, you can defrentiate with what is acceptable. When people have made money through so many funny ways and their obedient is not complete, they go to church to drop fat offering to cover up and now come here to complain of Pastors.
Let us begin to serve God in truth and the spirit, I can give my money as I want in any service based on how the spirit of God leads me, not one pastor cajoling me.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by sunnyt1(m): 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Its quite pathetic how christianity and the church is gradually becoming like the other religion where people cant think properly and its an offence to read, understand and act/live out the christlike lifestyle practically described in the Bible.

Christian means christ-like, we are meant to act like christ, we should be the bible the world reads and the pastors are saddled with the responsibility of educating and encouraging us to live like christ. Christians should be very well acquainted with the bible which is the universal manual, the bible should be the reference point not what anyother human tells you.

Read through the bible to see how the church started and grew, building the church auditoriums isnt given much importance, what was emphasized was giving to the poor, widow and the needy. Today the message is about giving, giving and giving. Pastor hardly talk about hell and paradise, spiritual emphasis, loving everybody etc

Christianity is recently about manipulation, Pastors quote "will a man rob God" more than any other part of the bible. If a "Man of God" successfully manipulates you then you have chosen a remain a baby chrsitian which Apostle Paul spoke about.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by menxer: 4:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Some people when it comes to their belief are so hard wired, that manipulations by their "men of God", even when pointed out, are accepted as the divine will of God to bless them.

It's better and more profitable, to "men of God", to keep congregants gullible and pliant than intuitive to the fact that: if God provides for the birds and animals that neither sow nor reap, that God does not need you to bring money or material things before you get any blessing from him...

...just as the air we breath, all good and perfect things of life are free - good health, peace of mind, to love and be loved.

Someone made a comment that we appreciate God by giving to pastors/church, yet God speaking through Jesus, made it clear we only give to him (God) when we give to the less privileged amongst us.

Is the Pastor the less privileged?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Olasco93: 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Had it been the members of the Church become poor after their givings, i don't think you will find any member left. I tought it was written in the Bible that we should not Judge. But don't think the members of the Church are fools. Atleast if one is, the rest won't.
This is why i like some of our Muslims Brothers and Sisters, you will never hear them pointing out any thing Negative about their religion, 'even if there is' because they know, respect their religion, they are Conscious of the implication and are responsible towards the objectives of their religion.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by sunnyt1(m): 4:47pm On Jan 10, 2016
fedex01:
Christianity is a fake religion exploiting poor Africans. It came to Africa through European white colonization.

We should go towards our own traditional religion which was Islam.

Did you say our traditional religion was islam? Subuhanalilah! If as a muslim you dont know the history of how Islam came to Nigeria then you know so little.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by emmyojiah(m): 4:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

when will u have sense

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by bjcole(m): 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
If you don't want to give offering, don't give, nobody is forcing anybody. Christians like complain, people go to give money to Santo and Ogun willingly and they don't come to complain here.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Maximus85(m): 5:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.

Not just this church, it's all the churches. Some intelligent pastors won't dress big or drive big cars or private jets. They fake humility and use this to deceive the gullible ones the more.
There's a church where they behave like public shows. They have seating categories and in the car park, they arrange cars by how exotic they are.

Which church will you ever attend and won't see all these mess in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Originalsly: 5:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
If your pastor is sleeping with your sister.....and mother I guess you would say the same. You guys need to open your Bible and read for yourselves instead of going to church with your mouths wide open happily swallowing the non Biblical poo these self anointed pastors be spitting down your throats. Here you are vomiting the same poo here...don't judge so you won't be judged. Everybody would be judged. The Bible said you must discern... God gave you a brain to do so... use it.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by viktor01(m): 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kronos12:
My wonderful Apostle Joshua Selman would always say this "any prophet who tells you to bring money to receive blessings is a thief" that man is a thief but his actions doesn't discredit other men of God

Yea. I love that man.
are you based in zaria?
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by kingsilly(m): 5:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
hotnsexy4christ:
What is your business, with people giving to God or to the servant of God, why others were busy praying and receiving from God u were busy monitoring those giving and those that are not giving.ok continue your monitoring job. When angel will pass you by, your eyes will clear.

When will you have sense

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Horlawale1(m): 5:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Is called Pastorprenuership tongue lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

relax ma nigga. E never reach like dat. before God curse your life. Biko
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by lala5yuru: 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
[quote author=Weeee post=41466319]I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on. [/q
If people can give 1million,500000,and at least 6000 naira for Ay show just to go and lagos, was wrong in giving offerring of that amount!
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by babajero(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

I wish I could take a video of what went on.
. When you went there did you sit outside? Did you sit on the ground? Were you sweaty when you went there? These and many more are done with money.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
What surprises me most is that it's the same members that build these churches you see. After paying offerings and tithes, these members still buy blocks, some churches use their youths as labourers to build the same church they paid tithes for. All in the name of blessings from God....

God doesn't reside in Church buildings. His followers can worship him anywhere and anytime. It isn't a must for a church to be finer than Aso rock before it can be called a church.

I tire o. After all Jesus said" wherever two or more gathered together in my name, I will be in their midst and grant their requests". He didn't mention the name of any church or building
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by hotnsexy4christ(f): 7:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
kingsilly:

When will you have sense
, when. Your stupidity is over., your mates were busy giving to God you were busy typing rubbish to post on nairaland because you do not have money to give. Go jor,
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by dapsonlou(m): 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?

Simply tell them to make an offering towards the building. God don't need money.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by cooooooks(m): 7:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
Must we always build cathedral?

lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
Eronmosele:

Thank you. And that's not the only misconception in that sentence. What people describe as the church is actually a mixed multitude comprising of people who have heard that Jesus fed thousands and are hoping to come and get theirs. That's why your phone or even offering can get stolen in the church. A church goer is not necessarily a member of the Christ's body, the church.
The second misconception is for a mere mortal to suppose that he can grow the church! It's ridiculous to imagine. Three thousand were added to the church in Acts, in a single day! Not by money but by the power of the Holy Spirit. God does not need money to grow His church. Hard to understand but it's true. Can anything limit God? Money is just a controversial instrument. Sometimes God uses it, other times and I dare say most of times money is not required.

If we keep up this norm, we would eventually forget wat it really means to be a Christian
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 7:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
kingsilly:

grin angry grin grin

You kidding right? , drop offering depending on your football clubs.... cheesy
Na that dey I go wear basketball jersey
Bro i swear on ma life, I ain't kidding
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by medexico(m): 7:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
See the number of likes?

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emmanuel Folorunso Abina Is Dead! Pastor Elijah Abina's Son Dies (Photo) / Nails Linked To Crucifixion Of Jesus Found With Ancient Bone Embedded Inside(Pix / First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.